• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:18
CEST 18:18
KST 01:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7984 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXV

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 22:14:31
January 08 2013 12:56 GMT
#53
Editted..
Didnt knwo it would be a problem; and was asleep
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 08 2013 22:13 GMT
#57
LOL.. just noticed that as well Nice one.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 08 2013 23:26 GMT
#62


I italicized the lurk for you
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 09 2013 00:26 GMT
#64
/in

P.S.

Let it be known to players that have played with me before.. im changing my meta game this one regardless of role.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-09 01:13:27
January 09 2013 01:03 GMT
#69
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 09 2013 01:13 GMT
#73
OMG.. sorry. i just realised once u said it..
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 09 2013 02:47 GMT
#76
I think its good.

Newbie 33 (which surely I am allowed to talk about?)
Coaches were Hapa & debears.

i found the feedback answers.. whilst gave me the same output.. where written in completely different styles.
I thought that was good, because some people respond to diff styles.

Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 09 2013 08:08 GMT
#80
3 more to play

Mr. Moderator; if I may ask... if the three spots fill up before Newbie 34 finishes.. will this start or wait?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 11 2013 04:27 GMT
#102
Guys.. dunno if this will be read because its before Day1 post.

Day 1 for the 48hrs .. i am flat out busy during daylight for both days, so I apologize in advance for not being present during the usual greetings.



Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 00:00 GMT
#141

Hi the game starts at 12:00 AWST.

I assume lynch is 48hrs as well.

With Night 1.. will the cycle be 20hrs to reset back to 0800 AWST?


Thanks,
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 00:41 GMT
#150
Cool.. well thats 12:00pm for me. I prob will not be available for the first 7hrs. Might try to say hi by the phone if Im free.

Best of luck to everyone.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 04:09 GMT
#170
Hi All.

From other games, it seems the best 3 questions to ask are:

1) Stance on Lurkers: i.e. Do you policy lynch?

2) How do you think scum would try to get influence with us?

3) [fluff] DONT BUY A POOL. I wasted all my time today with pools and hate it !



I won't be around for the next 6 to 8 hrs (DAMN POOL!)
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 04:13 GMT
#171
My answers to own questions

On January 12 2013 13:09 Mocsta wrote:
1) Stance on Lurkers: i.e. Do you policy lynch?

Yes, if there is no strong scum read, vote off a lurker. If we create a good town environment, where people can contribute and not be scared, there should be no lurkers. That is my goal this game!

2) How do you think scum would try to get influence with us?

From what I have seen in my 2 games, it depends on the person. Some have lurked hardcore, some have given minimal contributions.

If we have a solid town atmosphere, and people can share opinions freely, I am sure we can reduce the influence!

3) [fluff] DONT BUY A POOL. I wasted all my time today with pools and hate it !

AGREED!

I won't be around for the next 6 to 8 hrs (DAMN POOL!)

Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 07:38 GMT
#186
On January 12 2013 14:22 Sn0_Man wrote:
I'm not denying, discussion is good/important and if nobody starts it scum autowin. However, if a scum can get control of town fast, they almost instawin. As a gambit, it seems fair since people like you are jumping in to defend him pretty fast.
...


@Sn0_Man
I appreciate the sense of energy you are giving back to this thread, and I certainly do not want to deter that; town needs this energy.

BUT.. you are almost sounding "paranoid" - I know this, because after my last game, many assumed I was "paranoid".

I think we both want the same thing, a town environment where people can voice their opinion and join together for the scum hunt.

When you say "it seems fair since people like you are jumping in to defend him pretty fast"; that alienates participants from wanting to contribute.

You are actually creating an environment scum can thrive in with that attitude - even though I doubt that is your intention.


I ask that you please think about the above.

Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 07:41 GMT
#187
zarepath, thanks for the well thought out response.

I actually replied to Sn0_Man before reading this.. if i did read this first, I could have saved myself a post.

On January 12 2013 14:51 zarepath wrote:
I think you're right, Sno_Man, that it can be instawin if mafia can control the town environment. But instead of auto-suspecting anyone who is proactive, perhaps a better tack is to make sure we have a town environment that mafia cannot control.

Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 07:42 GMT
#188
@ALL
Can you guys please confirm GMT so we know what shifts people are keen to discuss at.

I am +8, so lynch is 12:00pm for me



//fluff
back to the pool now
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 09:18 GMT
#190
Exactly zebezt,

lots of posts are not indicative of any alignment.


For me:

      Its about quality of posts, and whether you are giving information for free, or giving information because asked!

      Its also about whether the motivations behind the post are towny, or scummy.


As an aside:
I don't think there is anything wrong with an active contributor - as long as they don't start alienating the rest of town from talking.

One of the major problems we had as town last game was that people just stopped talking as the numbers dwindled.
Thats why I am aiming for a good town atmosphere where rationalised scum hunting is prioritized. I hope this will give us more incentive to contribute, and more confidence to share ideas.



On January 12 2013 17:08 zebezt wrote:
Anyway, I read a lot of the previous mini mafia, to get some info on some of the players. Mocsta seems like a very active player in last game and he was town then.


p.s. in the last game, I was not the most active poster in the game.. Spaghetticus was (town too)
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 11:07 GMT
#192
[b]zebezt[b]

Just keep in mind, there are typically two shifts of play; Australia/Aisa & America.. Europe typically is inbetween.

With the game @ 12pm +8, its quite late for many, and Saturday day is obviously a busy day. I wouldnt take too much out of it (for the first 18-24hrs at least).

I have plenty of questions to ask, but am trying to show restraint and give others opportunities to speak.

And I 100% agree with with the case rationale, its essential.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 13:38 GMT
#194
Well im going to bed anyways.. will check in the thread in the morning, and will then be away for at least 6 hrs. *sigh*

Please generate some discussions USA shift ! There are still plenty of players who have not even posted yet.



zebezt, trust me.. I know the feeling to want some discussion happening, but, as town we don't want to create spam. Unfortunately now its just a waiting game for some activity.

[Unless 24hrs has expired.. thats my personal deadline for lurker calling]



Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 12 2013 22:14 GMT
#214
Wow. Thats it over the night shift.

Oats u sound like sno_man.

perhaps the aggresion u 2 have shown is why there is a lack of discussion.

I think u should read what i posted to him.

My questions are ice breakers and i have not a genuine comment from to stimulate town conversation. In fact. You are deterring conversation.

@oatsmaster
Why should i NOT treat is the outcome of your agressive posts [stopping fluid and positive town conversation] as scummy motivations
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 67
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 533
IndyStarCraft 67
BRAT_OK 39
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30319
Bisu 2407
Shuttle 1620
Hyuk 980
EffOrt 671
Mini 640
ZerO 406
Larva 349
Soma 253
firebathero 210
[ Show more ]
hero 88
Hyun 47
PianO 44
Mong 43
Sexy 43
Trap 37
Pusan 35
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 22
zelot 16
Rock 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10494
qojqva1724
Dendi856
Counter-Strike
fl0m2568
Fnx 0
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1482
crisheroes1110
Liquid`Hasu631
Other Games
singsing1998
B2W.Neo935
FrodaN926
Beastyqt691
Mlord404
Hui .220
Livibee181
Liquid`VortiX171
KnowMe157
ArmadaUGS114
Mew2King76
Trikslyr28
CosmosSc2 13
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 58
• StrangeGG 41
• mYiSmile121
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 15
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7879
League of Legends
• Jankos1701
Other Games
• Shiphtur265
• WagamamaTV199
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 42m
INu's Battles
19h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.