• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:36
CEST 16:36
KST 23:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9294 users

[Interview] LG-IM vs SlayerS 2012 GSTL Season 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 17:02:22
September 22 2012 09:08 GMT
#1
(P)LG-IM_YongHwa

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You secured another all kill for your team today. How do you feel?

After I achieved an all kill against Fnatic last week, I stated that I would get another all kill this week. I was just kidding around but it actually ended up happening so I am thrilled.

You were sent out second so were you prepared as the PvZ sniper?

When I saw that we were scheduled to play against SlayerS first, I begged the coach to send me out as the second player regardless of who I would be facing. He told me he would allow it so I prepared for all races.

You seemed pretty dominant for all your games but which game was the most memorable?

The game against MMA was definitely the toughest. Even though I held the early game advantage, I ended up getting harassed way too much. I figured things were only going to get tougher for me if I kept stalling so I went ahead and attacked. MMA messed up with his vikings so I was able to win. I had faced MMA twice before in online tournaments, but since I had lost both those times, I was really feeling the pressure mentally.

With your all kill against Fnatic last season, you were the first Protoss to achieve an all kill in a Bo9 series, and with today's all kill, you've achieved two all kills in a row.

I'm still not feeling it yet. I wasn't even expecting anything to happen but then I ended up making a result like this so I was really taken by surprise. I think I'll start feeling it once I go back to the team house and eat some dinner.

After your match was over, your hands were shaking during the interview.

In the past, I would always get so nervous during interviews and during games. And that hasn't gone away. I still get nervous during interviews.

If you get nervous that easily, then weren't today's games difficult?

Aside from my games against MMA and Genius, the rest of my games were pretty easy going. But this doesn't mean that I felt that my opponents were easier. I'm stating that the mood felt lighter. Also, with my recent ongoing victories, it just feels like I've been getting less and less nervous. I think I'm currently feeling the sweet taste of my victories.

Who would you like to face between MVP and StarTale?

In my opinion, ST has a strong Protoss lineup and MVP is an all around team. I don't really care who we end up facing but I do think the games against MVP will be more fun.

If you do get to face MVP, who would you like to face?

I don't quite remember when it was but I do remember that there was this one time where I was sent out to snipe DRG and I failed. I came out at that time because I was specifically supposed to snipe DRG but I ended up losing. Therefore, I want to face DRG again and redeem myself.

Even though you put on such phenomenal performances, your fans are disappointed that you haven't done anything regarding the GSL.

Honestly I really had all the confidence in the world to make it through this season's qualifiers but luck was not on my side. I scouted after my first pylon on Whirlwind but I still ended up missing the 11/11 and wasn't able to see it coming. And then in the next game, my opponent went for a triple rax rush but I knew it was coming. And yet, my warpgates weren't researched in time. It was such a disappointing loss because it was all my fault. I honestly think I would have made it had it not been for those mistakes.

There were a lot of things that went on during these three weeks. After receiving the right to represent Korea, has anything changed?

Nothing really changed. I guess I could say that I've gotten more confident. At the team house, the teammates all tease me by saying things like "wow~ Korea's representative". If I ask them to cut it out they say "Korea's representative wants us to cut it out," and tease me yet again (laughs). My friends on ladder also say the same things whenever I log on.

You're looking really good for this season's GSTL. How far do you think you'll make it?

Since we made it to the winners' round, our chances of making it to the semis just got much higher. I think we'll smoothly sail our way in to the finals. I plan on practicing to death.

Recently, LG-IM Protosses have been tearing it up. What is the reason for this?

The coach gave us some good advice about how to handle mental pressures. He told us not to fight it by ourselves but to convene with each other and work on it together. In the past, that kind of advice would just kind of spill out. But these days, we are working together and talking more with each other so we are on the right track.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank my teammates for helping me with practice. There's not a lot of time left so I hope we all work together really hard to grab the championship. I want to thank the coach and his wife for always taking care of us. Even today, we were given hamburgers right here at the studio. Thanks to that, I was feeling strong. I want to thank our sponsors LG, Steelseries, Nvidia, Coca-Cola, and Googims. We have a Nvidia event tomorrow so I hope a lot of people can attend that.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
September 22 2012 09:12 GMT
#2
Nothing really changed. I guess I could say that I've gotten more confident. At the team house, the teammates all tease me by saying things like "wow~ Korea's representative". If I ask them to cut it out they say "Korea's representative wants us to cut it out," and tease me yet again (laughs). My friends on ladder also say the same things whenever I log on.


That's too good, poor Yonghwa.

Wins WCG Korea, never been in GSL.
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
September 22 2012 09:15 GMT
#3
seeker so fast today :O
IM & EG supporter
Bam Lee
Profile Joined June 2012
2336 Posts
September 22 2012 09:27 GMT
#4
On September 22 2012 18:12 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
Nothing really changed. I guess I could say that I've gotten more confident. At the team house, the teammates all tease me by saying things like "wow~ Korea's representative". If I ask them to cut it out they say "Korea's representative wants us to cut it out," and tease me yet again (laughs). My friends on ladder also say the same things whenever I log on.


That's too good, poor Yonghwa.

Wins WCG Korea, never been in GSL.


Dont worry. Everything is planned out. He will become good enough to turn into the first royal roader before he enters GSL. He didnt feel it yet so he lost in the qualifiers. But soon my friends.....soon.....

also thanks seeker
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
September 22 2012 09:46 GMT
#5
Thannnnk you SeekeR!

YongHwa so badass. Hopefulle he can get a seed into Code A, maybe, after two all kills and winning WCG Korea, it'd be hard to deny him.
Long live the King of Wings
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
September 22 2012 09:48 GMT
#6
Artosis is right after all !!
Azurues
Profile Joined March 2011
Malaysia5612 Posts
September 22 2012 10:31 GMT
#7
what did IM feed to the protosses in the house?

i need em
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 11:02:11
September 22 2012 10:53 GMT
#8
On September 22 2012 18:08 SeeKeR wrote:
With your all kill against Fnatic last season, you achieved a ( 9전제 통산 최초 올킬을 기록했었고 오늘 다시 한번 올킬을 기록하며 최초 2회연속 올킬을 기록했다. I'm sorry that I can't translate this part. It's pretty advanced Korean. Something about setting new records with both his all kills.)


My translation of the Chinese translation of the interview says something like

"Last time against Fnatic, you became the first Protoss to get an all-kill in a best of 9 series. With your all-kill today, you became the first person to get two consecutive all kills."

Something to that extent haha. A bit rusty. Hope it helps

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 10:56:27
September 22 2012 10:54 GMT
#9
On September 22 2012 19:31 Azurues wrote:
what did IM feed to the protosses in the house?

i need em


Terran tears... very easy to get now.
+ Show Spoiler +
Don't ban me! It's a joke!
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
September 22 2012 12:11 GMT
#10
Nothing really changed. I guess I could say that I've gotten more confident. At the team house, the teammates all tease me by saying things like "wow~ Korea's representative". If I ask them to cut it out they say "Korea's representative wants us to cut it out," and tease me yet again (laughs). My friends on ladder also say the same things whenever I log on.


Hahahaha, that's awesome. Poor guy.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
September 22 2012 12:12 GMT
#11
The best player to never qualify for GSL does it yet again. Gratz!
Get off my lawn, young punks
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
September 22 2012 12:15 GMT
#12
Wait, what. Again? I'm going to cry if this guy doesn't get a GSL seed for next season. I mean holy shit.
AdministratorBreak the chains
TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
September 22 2012 12:18 GMT
#13
its sick how fast you are seeker!
''you got to yolo things up to win''
FnaticPink
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark324 Posts
September 22 2012 12:19 GMT
#14
The DRG of protoss!
Andre
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Slovenia3523 Posts
September 22 2012 12:33 GMT
#15
YongHwa is a boss. He's one of the fastest players in terms of eAPM, and almost surely the fastest protoss.
He usually has like ~230 eapm.(source: HSC replays)
You must gather your party before venturing forth.
petrox
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia320 Posts
September 22 2012 12:34 GMT
#16
On September 22 2012 19:54 ragz_gt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2012 19:31 Azurues wrote:
what did IM feed to the protosses in the house?

i need em


Terran tears... very easy to get now.
+ Show Spoiler +
Don't ban me! It's a joke!


The single tear that MVP shed for the rest of the terrans after he prevented the raven buffs from being implemented as a result of his results in IEM.
Incomplet
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1419 Posts
September 22 2012 12:48 GMT
#17
Amazing! I expected Slayers to get beat down but not this badly.
Bow down to the sons of Aiur...SKT1_Rain, CreatorPrime, ST_Parting, Liquid_Hero.
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 12:54:38
September 22 2012 12:49 GMT
#18
On September 22 2012 19:53 Weirdkid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2012 18:08 SeeKeR wrote:
With your all kill against Fnatic last season, you achieved a ( 9전제 통산 최초 올킬을 기록했었고 오늘 다시 한번 올킬을 기록하며 최초 2회연속 올킬을 기록했다. I'm sorry that I can't translate this part. It's pretty advanced Korean. Something about setting new records with both his all kills.)


My translation of the Chinese translation of the interview says something like

"Last time against Fnatic, you became the first Protoss to get an all-kill in a best of 9 series. With your all-kill today, you became the first person to get two consecutive all kills."

Something to that extent haha. A bit rusty. Hope it helps



Squirtle got an all-kill in GSTL a loooong time ago, but was that in a Bo7?

::: Just checked, and it indeed was a Bo7 against fOu in the GSTL 2011 Feb.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
September 22 2012 12:54 GMT
#19
On September 22 2012 21:49 Testuser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2012 19:53 Weirdkid wrote:
On September 22 2012 18:08 SeeKeR wrote:
With your all kill against Fnatic last season, you achieved a ( 9전제 통산 최초 올킬을 기록했었고 오늘 다시 한번 올킬을 기록하며 최초 2회연속 올킬을 기록했다. I'm sorry that I can't translate this part. It's pretty advanced Korean. Something about setting new records with both his all kills.)


My translation of the Chinese translation of the interview says something like

"Last time against Fnatic, you became the first Protoss to get an all-kill in a best of 9 series. With your all-kill today, you became the first person to get two consecutive all kills."

Something to that extent haha. A bit rusty. Hope it helps



Squirtle got an all-kill in GSTL a loooong time ago, but was that in a Bo7?

BO7 against fou first GSTL beat thebest, sC, gumiho and asd.
Glorious SEA doto
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
September 22 2012 12:54 GMT
#20
On September 22 2012 21:49 Testuser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2012 19:53 Weirdkid wrote:
On September 22 2012 18:08 SeeKeR wrote:
With your all kill against Fnatic last season, you achieved a ( 9전제 통산 최초 올킬을 기록했었고 오늘 다시 한번 올킬을 기록하며 최초 2회연속 올킬을 기록했다. I'm sorry that I can't translate this part. It's pretty advanced Korean. Something about setting new records with both his all kills.)


My translation of the Chinese translation of the interview says something like

"Last time against Fnatic, you became the first Protoss to get an all-kill in a best of 9 series. With your all-kill today, you became the first person to get two consecutive all kills."

Something to that extent haha. A bit rusty. Hope it helps



Squirtle got an all-kill in GSTL a loooong time ago, but was that in a Bo7?


Haha I just checked Liquipedia. That's really a looooooong time ago, when fOu was still around lol. Yea that was a best of 7.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 684
SteadfastSC370
ComeBackTV 361
Rex136
CosmosSc2 53
EnkiAlexander 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 370
Rex 136
ProTech132
CosmosSc2 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 58732
Jaedong 1425
Hyuk 672
Soma 656
EffOrt 622
Horang2 525
Soulkey 480
Mini 473
BeSt 469
Larva 318
[ Show more ]
Last 298
ZerO 283
Rush 272
Stork 250
Snow 201
ggaemo 175
Light 150
Killer 92
Mind 64
hero 61
Pusan 51
Free 49
sorry 40
Shinee 40
Sharp 31
Shine 24
ToSsGirL 22
Bale 22
Terrorterran 18
HiyA 18
yabsab 15
Trap 14
Noble 12
Rock 8
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8260
qojqva1161
Dendi846
Counter-Strike
Fnx 663
markeloff114
x6flipin85
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2263
Khaldor2056
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2610
singsing2192
olofmeister1066
B2W.Neo966
hiko882
byalli401
Liquid`VortiX199
Pyrionflax193
KnowMe106
QueenE79
Mew2King75
ZerO(Twitch)14
Railgan11
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 398
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream112
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1753
League of Legends
• Nemesis1876
• Jankos1332
• TFBlade731
Other Games
• Shiphtur263
• WagamamaTV195
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
19h 24m
OSC
22h 24m
Stellar Fest
22h 24m
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 22h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.