• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:47
CEST 01:47
KST 08:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7420 users

You Blockhead!

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-11 08:05:18
November 11 2005 07:58 GMT
#1
I wake up in a haze, struggle to sit upright. I'm a mess. Broken bottles next to me, and a heart to match. The alcohol gave me the sweet release I craved. My escape route, my ticket away from the cruelty and deciet at the hands of this raven-haired she-devil. They're malevolent creatures, women, and this bitch took the cake. She'd flip her hair, or giggle, or shed a tear or two, anything to lure me in. Fool that I am, I believed her, every time. She seemed to get a kick out of giving me the faintest glimmer of hope, and then taking it away, leaving me laying in the dirt. She crushed me, over and over. The image of her standing over me, sneering at the pathetic heap at her feet, it's burned into my eyes. I see it every time I nod off, whenever I hold my head in my hands and lament my existence. She knows she makes every waking moment hell. She knows I'm too dumb to figure a way out of the circle she's got me going in. She tells me I disgust her, tells me I'm lucky she sticks around, like she's doing me a favor. Day in, day out, and I take it like the whipping boy I am.

Everybody's got to break sometime. A guy like me can only take the abuse for so long before something inside snaps. And when it does, there's fireworks. The mind's set ablaze as everything resurfaces, and tonight I'm torching the world. I toy with a shard of glass as memory after horrible memory race through my head. The ill advice she'd give me, her laugh when I'd crash because of it. The way she teased me, used me as a means of entertainment. I'm the asshole side character in this twisted theatre, and I've had enough. If I can keep from killin' myself long enough to get the job done, it's the final curtain call.

The dykes down the block have always been dependable. They give me shelter from the rain, keep me full of coke to kill the pain. Somewhat of a surprise, the way those two turned out. I've known them since we were kids. We used to play baseball, their team against mine. They'd always win. Somewhere down the road they'd gotten mixed up in some heavy shit, stuff I ain't got the balls to run with. They'll fix me up with a line and a nine, and send me on my way. I grab my coat, and the dog shows up, food dish in his mouth. It doesn't matter how fucked up I am, I can't let the poor guy starve. He's been faithful. I fill his dish a bit over the top, and head out down the street. The walk seems to take an eternity. I don't notice the cold biting at my near-bald head. I reach the door at the dykes' place and knock, it swings open.

"Jesus, you look like shit." She eyes me up and down. She looks like she's waiting for an explanation, but I didn't come here to chat.

"I need a gun. No questions." I barely recognize my own voice. The passiveness is gone. It's no longer timid, submissive. It's the voice of a man with a score to settle. She stares at me, obviously concerned. She tells me to wait where I am, and disappears inside. I hear mumbling on the other side of the door, and she appears again holding a piece and a box of bullets. She hands me the gun.

"How many?", she asks me, as she roots through the box.

"I only need one." She stops rummaging and leans against the door frame. Her eyes lock with mine.

"...What's going on? What're you doing?" I ignore her. I reach into the box and fish out a single round, and place it in the chamber. I stuff the gun into my jacket, about face, and walk down the steps. I start towards the finish line, the place where this whole nightmare ends. I don't even hear the dykes calling after me.

During the short walk to her house, I can't help but grin. It's not that I got a lot to be grinnin' about, but the idea of ending this disgusting ritual of torture and self-loathing was comforting. I reach her place, and she's standing on the driveway, cigarrette in her hand, leaning on her beat-up Pontiac. I pull the pistol out of my jacket and slow my strides, revelling in her last moments. I catch her eye, and she shoots me a fiendish grin. She flicks her cigarrette onto the pavement, and takes a few steps to meet me. "That yellow shirt has always looked horrendous on you." Satan in a blue dress, this woman. She glances casually at what I'm carrying. She knows what it is, she knows what it's for, and she knows why.

"What are you going to do with that?" She chuckles ever so slightly, shakes her head. I raise my arm and hold the gun in front of me. She laughs again, and my grip tightens. My finger moves to the trigger.

"What are you thinking, kid? That's a dangerous toy, you know." She laughs again, then takes a step forward. She grabs my wrist, and points the barrel of my gun at her forehead. My hand quivers uncontrollably.

"Well, come on! This is what you came for, isn't it? 'I'm going to show her, I'm going to kill that bitch'?" Click. "You can't do it, you don't have the fucking guts. You need me, to fill the holes in your miserable life, you wishy-washy son of a --" Boom.

I fall to my knees before she hits the ground. My arms go limp, the gun clatters on the pavement. It's over, she's dead. The mind games, the emotional torment, it's over. Her blood rushes down the driveway around me. I stare at her corpse, and I begin to weep. I don't even try to move the body. I just haul myself to my feet, and stagger home. I feel vindicated, but her last words ring in my head. She had been right about something, I did need her. Without her, I have nothing to occupy myself, I have nothing to loathe. I'm devoid of emotion, stripped of ambition. I have nothing left.

I enter my front door, and I can already hear the sirens. Out to the garage, to fetch a rope. I fill the dog's dish once more. Down into the basement. I fish a small picture of her out of a drawer, and say a last goodbye. The tears stop. I string myself up, and kick the chair.



http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1487/wippeanuts25ys.jpg
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
1hp
Profile Joined January 2005
Korea (South)903 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-11 08:07:08
November 11 2005 08:06 GMT
#2
excellent
very good story. pic kinda ruined it for me though
iNCuBuS_
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States905 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-11 08:09:21
November 11 2005 08:08 GMT
#3
What? the hell?
And your picture isnt working.
Nice story I guess?
Edit: Now its working...
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 11 2005 08:09 GMT
#4
picture works
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
1hp
Profile Joined January 2005
Korea (South)903 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-11 08:11:08
November 11 2005 08:10 GMT
#5
steve did you make that, or get it off somewhere?
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-11 08:10:50
November 11 2005 08:10 GMT
#6
A friend of mine drew it to go with this story
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-11 08:15:53
November 11 2005 08:15 GMT
#7
hahahaha
wonderful.
peppermint patty is SUCH a dyke. no one agrees with me. =[
good vibes only
Oxygen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Canada3581 Posts
November 11 2005 08:22 GMT
#8
Decent writing, good story. Write more!
Dont drink and derive. TSL: Made with Balls.
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
November 11 2005 08:22 GMT
#9
i hope you're working on dragon ball fan fiction next
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
HappyManRun
Profile Joined November 2005
1111 Posts
November 11 2005 08:29 GMT
#10
Owwwwww that picture... looked so out of place T_T
I happy, thus I run.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 11 2005 08:31 GMT
#11
On November 11 2005 17:29 HappyManRun wrote:
Owwwwww that picture... looked so out of place T_T


out of place? did you even read it?
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
sutureself
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States192 Posts
November 11 2005 08:37 GMT
#12
Very funny. Peanuts: The E! True Hollywood Story.

Behind the dog's flights of fancy and the gilded comaraderie, there was always unspoken tension there. Glad to know what REALLY happened, when the papers weren't printing.
Im tired of following my dreams, man. Im just going to ask them where theyre going and hook up with them later. -mh
greatmeh
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Canada1964 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-11 08:50:46
November 11 2005 08:50 GMT
#13
its cool story, i like the first person style,

kind of reminds me of the movie SIN City, and the video game MAX PAIN, huh, i like it
ever think of entering in one of those story competitions, you know, write a story, send it in, win a million dollars?
edit:spell check
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 11 2005 08:54 GMT
#14
i LOVE contests where i win a million dollars
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
HULKAMANIA
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States1219 Posts
November 11 2005 08:56 GMT
#15
It took me a second, but it's pretty damn funny.
If it were not so, I would have told you.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
November 11 2005 09:02 GMT
#16
Yeah, I don't think a lot of people are getting it just by how they are responding to that masterpiece haha.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 11 2005 09:03 GMT
#17
i was hesitant to post it at all because I knew the majority of people would not get it

I just hope the people who don't can keep from shitting up the thread with ignorance long enough for the people who do to enjoy it
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Painter
Profile Joined October 2005
353 Posts
November 11 2005 09:30 GMT
#18
What do you mean 'not get it' ? You just wrote a story about peanuts characters in an nonpeanuts like plot.
Boxer dropped only 1 Goliath to harrass. that is the Boxer way
LaSt)ChAnCe
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States2179 Posts
November 11 2005 09:31 GMT
#19
steve, that was a work of art ^^
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 11 2005 09:44 GMT
#20
On November 11 2005 17:50 greatmeh wrote:
its cool story, i like the first person style,

kind of reminds me of the movie SIN City, and the video game MAX PAIN, huh, i like it
ever think of entering in one of those story competitions, you know, write a story, send it in, win a million dollars?
edit:spell check


Guess what video game i've been playing for the last week ^^
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever605
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe114
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8422
Liquid`Hasu1192
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam602
JimRising 433
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream318
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.