• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:14
CEST 11:14
KST 18:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8911 users

Download from Blip.tv gives audio only

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
February 07 2012 10:08 GMT
#1
So a few days ago I wanted to download all of the BW Day9 dailies as I had never actually taken the time to watch them. I have tried using the video download manager extension in firefox and the built-in IDM (internet download manager) pop-up but in many cases I download a .flv file that only has audio. I think this may possibly occur because Day9 always starts with audio-only (due to problems with going live too early) and hence maybe the program gets confused. For example when I try to download the following links, they are audio only:


http://blip.tv/file/3496145 D9D #1, Flash vs by.hero
http://blip.tv/file/3498022 D9D #2, fOrGG vs Stork

There is definitely video as whenever I try to play them in the browser, they work fine. But I am unable to download the video part, which is a major deal for me since I need to use a proxy to access blip.tv in the first place (blocked in China, what the fuck) so letting the video buffer for long periods of time is impractical.

Any help would be appreciated.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 10:10:38
February 07 2012 10:10 GMT
#2
How big are the files? If 150-300MB, then you may just be missing the codec. Google K-Lite.
Die tomorrow - Live today
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
February 07 2012 10:27 GMT
#3
On February 07 2012 19:10 DarKcS wrote:
How big are the files? If 150-300MB, then you may just be missing the codec. Google K-Lite.


Flash vs Hero is 28:47 and 91 MB, with 64 kbps /44100 Hz sampling rate MP3 audio.
Stork vs fOrGG is 1:00:53 and 193 MB, with 64 kbps/ MP3 audio just as above.

I have CCCP installed so I don't think it's a codec problem, plus I think the file sizes are about reasonable. For example Flash vs FBH is 1:20:05 with video and is 333MB, while Free vs Hiya is 53:20 with video and is 600 MB.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
FeiLing
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany428 Posts
February 07 2012 11:52 GMT
#4
I don't even know how you downloaded this, as I can't find the option anywhere (I know there used to be a way to download the blip clips without 3rd party tools). However for now I just had to download it via DownloadHelper addon.

Now, the File for #1 is 91MB large, just as yours, a flash video (.flv) - unlike more recent episodes which are mp4s.
The video plays fine.

What I think your problem is: The video actually is blank the first 10 or so seconds while he is already talking. That's just the way the video is. Try watching past the first few seconds and your problem is gone :D
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
February 07 2012 12:46 GMT
#5
On February 07 2012 20:52 FeiLing wrote:
I don't even know how you downloaded this, as I can't find the option anywhere (I know there used to be a way to download the blip clips without 3rd party tools). However for now I just had to download it via DownloadHelper addon.

Now, the File for #1 is 91MB large, just as yours, a flash video (.flv) - unlike more recent episodes which are mp4s.
The video plays fine.

What I think your problem is: The video actually is blank the first 10 or so seconds while he is already talking. That's just the way the video is. Try watching past the first few seconds and your problem is gone :D


O_o you are right, I tried opening this with another program (Irfanview) and it ended up working! Now I just need to figure out why MPC-HC refuses to open ><
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
jacen
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Austria3644 Posts
February 07 2012 14:13 GMT
#6
On February 07 2012 21:46 writer22816 wrote:
Now I just need to figure out why MPC-HC refuses to open ><

Do us all a favor and use VLC.
(micronesia) lol we aren't going to just permban you (micronesia) "we" excludes Jinro
FeiLing
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany428 Posts
February 07 2012 15:05 GMT
#7
It doesn't play the video in MPC-HC for me either (using ffdshow tryouts). Weird, as it actually is supposed to know/play VP6 material. Maybe it has something to do with the strange frame rate (23.709 fps?).

Anyway, please do ME a favor and do not use the piece of shit called VLC (even though it does play quite a few video formats).
MPC-HC is fine imho. I use the (DAUM) PotPlayer though which is the successor to the KMP and pretty much the best player in every aspect other than maybe streaming.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1312
Hyun 635
firebathero 490
Hyuk 396
BeSt 345
Mong 232
Jaedong 203
Soma 174
Shine 82
PianO 77
[ Show more ]
Sexy 54
910 52
Hm[arnc] 44
Mind 43
sSak 41
Shinee 29
ZergMaN 26
Bale 23
yabsab 21
HiyA 17
ZerO 14
Sharp 12
Noble 10
sorry 6
Terrorterran 3
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1116
shoxiejesuss1079
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King326
Other Games
gofns28411
summit1g8161
ceh9631
JimRising 408
KnowMe128
Pyrionflax96
Trikslyr27
Livibee3
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos890
• Stunt419
Other Games
• Shiphtur335
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 46m
Patches Events
6h 46m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.