• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:30
CEST 23:30
KST 06:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9962 users

[Interview] GSL Nov. Code S RO16 Groups C&D Winner

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 06:19:30
November 17 2011 06:41 GMT
#1
(Edit: Runner Up Interviews added in too!. Thanks Lixler :D )

The following interviews were translated from

(Chinese)
http://s.163.com/11/1116/20/7J0R7QP200314D0E.html
and
http://s.163.com/11/1116/20/7J0RG9NT00314D0E.html

which were translated from

(Korean)
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=932785&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=
and
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=933174&category=13439

The Runner Up interviews were translated by Lixler from

http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=932939&board=&category=13439
and
http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=933244&board=&category=13439
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Group C Winner
+ Show Spoiler +

SlayerS_Puzzle

[image loading]

Q: How does it feel to advance into the round of 8 for the first time?
A: I am very happy. However, I had to face Ganzi in the first match I played. This made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Before the game, Ganzi hyung and I agreed that we would both play to the best of our abilities. This is why I was able to play without any reservations.
Before the game, I always thought that if I could beat Ganzi, I would make it past with 2 wins without any losses, but if I lost to him, I would have lost with 2 losses without any wins. I am very happy to be able to make it through to the round of 8 with 2 straight wins.

Q: Did the 1.4.2 changes have any impact on the games?
A: When I saw my opponent's EMPs, I realised that the radius was really reduced by quite a lot. Feels like I really benefited from the recent changes.

Q: Your strategies were very successful.
A: I have been practising such strategies ever since the round of 32. I actually wanted to use them in the round of 32, but didn't have the chance to. That's why I was able to show it in the round of 16.

Q; You've successfully attained Code S qualification for the next season.
A: My original goal was the round of 8, and I am very happy to have met that goal. However, I am now readjusting my goals, and I hope to make it to the round of 4 or even the finals.

Q: Who do you wish to face in the round of 8?
A: I've always lost to Gumiho in the up and down matches, so I hope for a chance to be able to get revenge for that. I always practise with Jjakji, so I hope he'll be able to come in first in the group stages, and that Gumiho would come in second.

Q: Any final things you wish to add?
A: I want to thank Ga Yeon noona and Boxer hyung for always taking care of me. I also want to thank coach Ryu Won who helped me analyse the strategies. I seem to win every time coach Cella comes to watch the competition live. I am very grateful to the coach for coming to the studio to give me support even though his leg was injured. I also want to thank all the players who helped me practise.


Group C Runner Up
+ Show Spoiler +

MvPsC

[image loading]

Q: Thoughts on advancing to the Code S Round of 8?
A: After a long time I've risen to the Round of 8 so I'm really happy. The Round of 8 is my first in 4 seasons.

Q: After experiencing a stagnation, you've risen again to the Round of 8.
A: It was a really hard time. I didn't want to fall to Code A again. It was really hard when I was in Code A.

Q: You beat MC twice.
A: I didn't think that would happen. I thought if I won the first game I would advance with two wins, but my opponent excluded my management so I was flustered. The game was really messy, but thankfully I rose to the Round of 8 so I'm happy.

Q: Did Patch 1.4.2 have an impact on the games?
A: In the game with Puzzle, I excluded the possibility of him getting a fast expansion, but he got one. So I was worried and thought I would lose. My teammates call ghost's EMP "Kong-Al-Tan" [T/N sorry this is some kind of pun and all Google turns up is an adorable dog video]. The area of effect is that small. After the patch games got hard. It's really hard to hit High Templars with EMP.

Q: Lately there's a trend for Protosses to go for heavy upgrades.
A: I'm confident about mid-late game management, but I don't know how to end an upgrade-heavy Protoss opponent. Since my management is good, if I can just finish my opponent off well I think I won't have problems in the future.

Q: Who do you want to meet in the Round of 8?
A: I think MVP will rise first out of his group, but I want to play against Jjakji. MVP's management is really good so he is a tough opponent, and Gumiho has a lot of strategies so he is demanding. I think out of the three, playing Jjakji would be the easiest.

Q: Are you confident you can advance to the Round of 4?
A: If I can just improve my TvT, I think I can try to win. Unlike the other matchups, if I don't get help with TvT it's really difficult.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: Since I am playing in MLG Providence, tomorrow I'm flying to the United States. Since it is my first foreign competition I hope people will cheer for me a lot. I think if I get out of the open bracket I can advance to the Round of 4.


Group D Winner
+ Show Spoiler +

IMMvp

[image loading]

Q: How does it feel to qualify for the round of 8 three seasons in a row?
A: I felt very nervous on the way to the competition today. I had a really bad headache before the competition, and was in very bad shape, I am really happy to be able to qualify for the round of 8 and secure a spot in Code S next season.

Q: The way you played the first game, it almost felt like you could see and predict what your opponent was doing.
A: I got a feeling that he would get an expansion after the reapers, and so I chose my strategy to counter that. It so happened that he really played as I had predicted.

Q: In the second game, Gumiho had the advantage all the way up to the mid game.
A: After my proxy barracks were found, I had a feeling it would be a very difficult game to play. However, as I played on, I realised that there was still a chance for me to come back. I was not in that bad a situation. Moreover, Gumiho seemed more nervous when he was in that advantageous position. He should have played as he usually does.

Q: You've been in red hot form recently. Who do you think has the most chance of stopping you from victory?
A: I just wish to be able to play against MMA again at bigger tournaments. I really want to avenge that loss against him. I don't think that there are any particular players that are a stumbling block to me.
After the GSL finals where I lost to him, I was able to beat him 4-2 at the Korea MLG Global Invitational finals. If we were to face each other again at any bigger tournaments, I am confident that I would win.

Q: You are going to leave Korea tomorrow to participate in MLG.
A: I am leaving tomorrow, but to be honest, I am not really very confident. The tournament schedule recently has been really packed, which caused me to neglect my body condition. If I had to play immediately after ten hours of flying, that would be really tough. Looking at Huk recently, I think he's really great. (T/N: Probably referring to the fact that Huk flies around alot and still is in Code S (or was). Thanks pdd :D)

Q: Any final things you wish to add? (Retranslated thanks to Lixler)
A: I want to thank the teammates who helped me practise. Recently, Happy has been in some kind of a slump, only managing to come in fourth at the WCG tournament, and also getting knocked out of the GSL. I hope he'll be able to pick himself up.
I will be leaving Korea for America with Nestea hyung, Losira, and the director. Hope we will all be able to return home safely and with good health. I also want to thank my parents, who have been very supportive of me. Finally, I want to add that recently, there have been some cases of fans harassing the girlfriends of players. I hope they can control themselves because that is very hurtful to us.


Group D Runner Up
+ Show Spoiler +

NS HoSeo Jjakji

[image loading]

Q: Thoughts on advancing to the Code S Round of 8?
A: I'm so happy. I was playing in a daze but I won so I'm happy, and yesterday when practicing I was very stressed, but with today's win it feels like I have gotten compensation.

Q: You lost to MVP and got put into a crisis.
Q: I predicted that MVP would use that strategy and prepared for it, but because it was a broadcast game I was anxious and made mistakes.

Q: You've secured a Code S seed for next season.
A: I'm remaining in Code S so I'm really happy. I'm playing against a Protoss in the Round of 8, so I think I can rise even higher. I usually practice a lot with Puzzle so I am a little worried, but as he is a Protoss I think it's okay.

Q: What did you think of your game with Gumiho?
A: My early game build was good so I was confident, but after losing to MVP in the last game I had gotten a little worried. But I think Gumiho was more nervous than me.

Q: You showed a style of using ghosts actively.
A: Since I started the game with ghosts and didn't take damage from banshees, I thought it would work. I saw that some players used them on ladders, so I used them and they are good. In cases where you go ghost-expand, your opponent can know you have ghosts, but with this strategy you can the fact that you have them.

Q: Are you confident you can win in the Round of 8?
A: I think that I am still only able to show half of my ability in broadcast games. For now, trying to show proper broadcast games is primary.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: Player Ju-Hoon and NsHS_Sculp really helped me in practice. I really thank them, and I also thank my family for always cheering for me. When I get prize money, I will buy my teammates some drinks.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hahaha after translating this, I found that translating a Chinese translation of a Korean interview might not be the best idea since I nearly mistranslated some stuff. Spotted some weird translations in the Chinese and had to go back to thisisgame.com and google translate to understand it better. Oh well. Doing this because the usual translators seem kind of busy recently. Enjoy =)
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
November 17 2011 06:43 GMT
#2
what? why are people flaming his girlfriend?
CortoMontez
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia608 Posts
November 17 2011 06:45 GMT
#3
How did Cella injure his leg... also, are there interviews from the second placed players in the groups?

+ Show Spoiler +
sC and jjakji
"Creator was doing a really good job trying to win without storm but it was like eating spaghetti with a screwdriver." -Severian
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 06:55:34
November 17 2011 06:47 GMT
#4
On November 17 2011 15:45 CortoMontez wrote:
How did Cella injure his leg... also, are there interviews from the second placed players in the groups?

+ Show Spoiler +
sC and jjakji


Sadly, the Chinese source only translated the first placed players. There are Korean interviews for the second placed players though, but I can't read Korean. If you wish, I can give you the link to the Korean interviews for the second placed players.

Here they are. For
+ Show Spoiler +
SC
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=932939&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=

and for
+ Show Spoiler +
Jjakji
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=933244&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
November 17 2011 06:52 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translations. Providence is right around the corner. I hope MVP will be well rested for his matches.
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
November 17 2011 06:54 GMT
#6
Awesome. Thank you for this!
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
November 17 2011 06:54 GMT
#7
why does he comment on Huk at the end? In which context does he mean he is great?
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 06:55:25
November 17 2011 06:55 GMT
#8
On November 17 2011 15:54 mrtomjones wrote:
why does he comment on Huk at the end? In which context does he mean he is great?

I think he's referring to the fact that Huk flies around alot and still is in Code S (or was).
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
evolute
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada209 Posts
November 17 2011 06:57 GMT
#9
On November 17 2011 15:54 mrtomjones wrote:
why does he comment on Huk at the end? In which context does he mean he is great?


I'd assume because Huk travels across the globe weekly for tournaments and still manages to place well in the GSL.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
November 17 2011 06:58 GMT
#10
On November 17 2011 15:54 mrtomjones wrote:
why does he comment on Huk at the end? In which context does he mean he is great?


Probably referring to how Huk managed to take 1st in his Ro32 group despite being tired, jetlagged and lacking in practice from flying around everywhere.
Techno
Profile Joined June 2010
1900 Posts
November 17 2011 06:59 GMT
#11
On November 17 2011 15:54 mrtomjones wrote:
why does he comment on Huk at the end? In which context does he mean he is great?

He means HuK is going to win MLG!
Hell, its awesome to LOSE to nukes!
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
November 17 2011 07:00 GMT
#12
poor cella
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
NipponBanzai
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada518 Posts
November 17 2011 07:04 GMT
#13
On November 17 2011 15:43 GreyKnight wrote:
what? why are people flaming his girlfriend?


I read this and I'm like what the hell?!?! Who would do that? Possibly MMA fans
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
November 17 2011 07:06 GMT
#14
who the fuck would flame mvp gf TT. so stupid, either way thanks for the interviews! MVP FIGHTING!
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
November 17 2011 07:08 GMT
#15
oh and does anyone have a link to the A&B winners? Wanna see MMA interview =p
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
November 17 2011 07:13 GMT
#16
Thanks for the interviews!

If MVP is insinuating that flying to LA to play GSL finals is what caused his defeat to MMA, I'm all for it :D MVP dominance is good for esports!
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
November 17 2011 07:20 GMT
#17
Can't blame MVP's gf lol. This guy is winning no matter what. The only girl we need to blame is MC's gf.

j/k lol.

I could see Puzzle make it to R4, and I don't think anyone could stop MVP or MMA to win this season.
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
November 17 2011 07:22 GMT
#18
On November 17 2011 16:08 radiantshadow92 wrote:
oh and does anyone have a link to the A&B winners? Wanna see MMA interview =p


Haha I can't help you with that unfortunately. They didn't do the Chinese translations for that. Thisisgame has the original Korean interview though.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
esaul17
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada547 Posts
November 17 2011 07:27 GMT
#19
I'd really like to see Mvp vs a Protoss in an extended series. Shame MC couldn't have made second as I would have loved to see that.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
November 17 2011 07:41 GMT
#20
Want to see Oz, Leenock, Gumiho and sC interviews! But thanks for the interviews for these two
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason58
SpeCial 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 619
firebathero 79
Zeus 64
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever412
League of Legends
JimRising 173
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS119
PPMD6
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5399
Liquid`Hasu1859
Other Games
summit1g7034
shahzam487
byalli378
C9.Mang0187
UpATreeSC71
Trikslyr40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 30m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 30m
Stellar Fest
15h 30m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.