• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:20
CEST 20:20
KST 03:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10303 users

[Interview] GSL Nov. Code S RO16 Groups C&D Winner - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
November 18 2011 15:17 GMT
#21
Happy's in a slump for 4th place wcg and ro4 last GSL? Don't beat yourself up for losing to them cuties MKP and MMA, man. Only one of them would be able to defeat Mvp anyway, and Mvp's out for blood @ Providence and even predicting another possible GSL finals between them.

Nestea was reportedly hungover for his GSL matches, I wonder if that's the same reason for Mvp's headache o.O, except he played a day later still. Puzzle always wins when Cella comes to watch. What if it's him vs MMA in ro4? MMA always beats his teammates in GSL. No, the previous results don't apply, as Puzzle was on Zenex at the time. I'd be glad for either of them making the finals. Don't mind the guy behind the curtain (Oz). J/K, he'd be a pretty decent candidate as well. I'm already assuming Mvp will be the opposite side finalist.

Who's over there on Mvp's side anyway? Leenock, Alive, Sc. Yeah, Mvp's biggest threat is Leenock, but nerves will affect the young one probably. Sorry Sc, you can't congo line units at Mvp. If you try 2 starport, Mvp will just sense it and get a fast thor or something. Alive? Mvp: "<insert tasteless meme>"
anrimayu
Profile Joined June 2011
United States875 Posts
November 18 2011 15:25 GMT
#22
On November 17 2011 16:04 NipponBanzai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 15:43 GreyKnight wrote:
what? why are people flaming his girlfriend?


I read this and I'm like what the hell?!?! Who would do that? Possibly MMA fans


What generally happens is, anytime MC or MVP doesn't do well, people blame them for spending too much time w/ their gf and not practice. It's really stupid, but people are stupid.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
November 18 2011 15:27 GMT
#23
MMA fangirls attacking MVP's girlfriend? The teamliquid man squad needs to get on that.
High Risk Low Reward
Amornthep
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore2605 Posts
November 18 2011 15:56 GMT
#24
Oh MVP, you sexy beast. <3
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
November 18 2011 19:08 GMT
#25
MVP doesn't mention his own girlfriend in the Korean interview, he just says "recently there are some cases of fans harassing the girlfriends of players" so I guess take that as you will.

Also here are the other two interviews if you want to edit them into the OP or anything.

+ Show Spoiler +

Jjakji
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=933244&board=&category=13439

Q: Thoughts on advancing to the Code S Round of 8?
A: I'm so happy. I was playing in a daze but I won so I'm happy, and yesterday when practicing I was very stressed, but with today's win it feels like I have gotten compensation.

Q: You lost to MVP and got put into a crisis.
Q: I predicted that MVP would use that strategy and prepared for it, but because it was a broadcast game I was anxious and made mistakes.

Q: You've secured a Code S seed for next season.
A: I'm remaining in Code S so I'm really happy. I'm playing against a Protoss in the Round of 8, so I think I can rise even higher. I usually practice a lot with Puzzle so I am a little worried, but as he is a Protoss I think it's okay.

Q: What did you think of your game with Gumiho?
A: My early game build was good so I was confident, but after losing to MVP in the last game I had gotten a little worried. But I think Gumiho was more nervous than me.

Q: You showed a style of using ghosts actively.
A: Since I started the game with ghosts and didn't take damage from banshees, I thought it would work. I saw that some players used them on ladders, so I used them and they are good. In cases where you go ghost-expand, your opponent can know you have ghosts, but with this strategy you can the fact that you have them.

Q: Are you confident you can win in the Round of 8?
A: I think that I am still only able to show half of my ability in broadcast games. For now, trying to show proper broadcast games is primary.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: Player Ju-Hoon and NsHS_Sculp really helped me in practice. I really thank them, and I also thank my family for always cheering for me. When I get prize money, I will buy my teammates some drinks.


sC
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=932939&board=&category=13439

Q: Thoughts on advancing to the Code S Round of 8?
A: After a long time I've risen to the Round of 8 so I'm really happy. The Round of 8 is my first in 4 seasons.

Q: After experiencing a stagnation, you've risen again to the Round of 8.
A: It was a really hard time. I didn't want to fall to Code A again. It was really hard when I was in Code A.

Q: You beat MC twice.
A: I didn't think that would happen. I thought if I won the first game I would advance with two wins, but my opponent excluded my management so I was flustered. The game was really messy, but thankfully I rose to the Round of 8 so I'm happy.

Q: Did Patch 1.4.2 have an impact on the games?
A: In the game with Puzzle, I excluded the possibility of him getting a fast expansion, but he got one. So I was worried and thought I would lose. My teammates call ghost's EMP "Kong-Al-Tan" [T/N sorry this is some kind of pun and all Google turns up is an adorable dog video]. The area of effect is that small. After the patch games got hard. It's really hard to hit High Templars with EMP.

Q: Lately there's a trend for Protosses to go for heavy upgrades.
A: I'm confident about mid-late game management, but I don't know how to end an upgrade-heavy Protoss opponent. Since my management is good, if I can just finish my opponent off well I think I won't have problems in the future.

Q: Who do you want to meet in the Round of 8?
A: I think MVP will rise first out of his group, but I want to play against Jjakji. MVP's management is really good so he is a tough opponent, and Gumiho has a lot of strategies so he is demanding. I think out of the three, playing Jjakji would be the easiest.

Q: Are you confident you can advance to the Round of 4?
A: If I can just improve my TvT, I think I can try to win. Unlike the other matchups, if I don't get help with TvT it's really difficult.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: Since I am playing in MLG Providence, tomorrow I'm flying to the United States. Since it is my first foreign competition I hope people will cheer for me a lot. I think if I get out of the open bracket I can advance to the Round of 4.
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
November 18 2011 19:15 GMT
#26
On November 19 2011 04:08 Lixler wrote:
MVP doesn't mention his own girlfriend in the Korean interview, he just says "recently there are some cases of fans harassing the girlfriends of players" so I guess take that as you will.

Also here are the other two interviews if you want to edit them into the OP or anything.

+ Show Spoiler +

Jjakji
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=933244&board=&category=13439

Q: Thoughts on advancing to the Code S Round of 8?
A: I'm so happy. I was playing in a daze but I won so I'm happy, and yesterday when practicing I was very stressed, but with today's win it feels like I have gotten compensation.

Q: You lost to MVP and got put into a crisis.
Q: I predicted that MVP would use that strategy and prepared for it, but because it was a broadcast game I was anxious and made mistakes.

Q: You've secured a Code S seed for next season.
A: I'm remaining in Code S so I'm really happy. I'm playing against a Protoss in the Round of 8, so I think I can rise even higher. I usually practice a lot with Puzzle so I am a little worried, but as he is a Protoss I think it's okay.

Q: What did you think of your game with Gumiho?
A: My early game build was good so I was confident, but after losing to MVP in the last game I had gotten a little worried. But I think Gumiho was more nervous than me.

Q: You showed a style of using ghosts actively.
A: Since I started the game with ghosts and didn't take damage from banshees, I thought it would work. I saw that some players used them on ladders, so I used them and they are good. In cases where you go ghost-expand, your opponent can know you have ghosts, but with this strategy you can the fact that you have them.

Q: Are you confident you can win in the Round of 8?
A: I think that I am still only able to show half of my ability in broadcast games. For now, trying to show proper broadcast games is primary.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: Player Ju-Hoon and NsHS_Sculp really helped me in practice. I really thank them, and I also thank my family for always cheering for me. When I get prize money, I will buy my teammates some drinks.


sC
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=932939&board=&category=13439

Q: Thoughts on advancing to the Code S Round of 8?
A: After a long time I've risen to the Round of 8 so I'm really happy. The Round of 8 is my first in 4 seasons.

Q: After experiencing a stagnation, you've risen again to the Round of 8.
A: It was a really hard time. I didn't want to fall to Code A again. It was really hard when I was in Code A.

Q: You beat MC twice.
A: I didn't think that would happen. I thought if I won the first game I would advance with two wins, but my opponent excluded my management so I was flustered. The game was really messy, but thankfully I rose to the Round of 8 so I'm happy.

Q: Did Patch 1.4.2 have an impact on the games?
A: In the game with Puzzle, I excluded the possibility of him getting a fast expansion, but he got one. So I was worried and thought I would lose. My teammates call ghost's EMP "Kong-Al-Tan" [T/N sorry this is some kind of pun and all Google turns up is an adorable dog video]. The area of effect is that small. After the patch games got hard. It's really hard to hit High Templars with EMP.

Q: Lately there's a trend for Protosses to go for heavy upgrades.
A: I'm confident about mid-late game management, but I don't know how to end an upgrade-heavy Protoss opponent. Since my management is good, if I can just finish my opponent off well I think I won't have problems in the future.

Q: Who do you want to meet in the Round of 8?
A: I think MVP will rise first out of his group, but I want to play against Jjakji. MVP's management is really good so he is a tough opponent, and Gumiho has a lot of strategies so he is demanding. I think out of the three, playing Jjakji would be the easiest.

Q: Are you confident you can advance to the Round of 4?
A: If I can just improve my TvT, I think I can try to win. Unlike the other matchups, if I don't get help with TvT it's really difficult.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: Since I am playing in MLG Providence, tomorrow I'm flying to the United States. Since it is my first foreign competition I hope people will cheer for me a lot. I think if I get out of the open bracket I can advance to the Round of 4.


Good work! I wish we had a dedicated translator on teamliquid that would translate every GSL interview. They provide so much insight on the players.
MMA: The true King of Wings
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
November 18 2011 19:22 GMT
#27
Maybe Kong-Al-Tan is some tiny dog breed or something
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
November 19 2011 06:20 GMT
#28
Lixler you're back :D:D Added in the other two interviews, and editted the MVP interview.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
November 19 2011 06:36 GMT
#29
thanks to both of you for translating the interviews!
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
November 19 2011 06:39 GMT
#30
nice interviews gogo Puzzle to the final !
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
Fighter
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1531 Posts
November 19 2011 06:51 GMT
#31
SC seems pretty confident that if he can make it out of the open bracket then he'll make ro4 at Providence... that's a pretty ballsy claim, and tbh I don't think it's one he'll make good on :X

good luck though!
For Aiur???
catleaves
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
November 19 2011 06:58 GMT
#32
thank you for the translations! :D
^^
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 733
IntoTheiNu 499
SteadfastSC486
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 160
BRAT_OK 56
PtitDrogo 42
JuggernautJason40
MindelVK 20
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35718
Soulkey 296
BeSt 235
Dewaltoss 106
Liquid`Ret 68
Mind 47
Trap 29
Killer 29
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 15
Dota 2
Dendi1053
qojqva868
Counter-Strike
fl0m1135
Fnx 729
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2655
Khaldor1784
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
Grubby3557
ArmadaUGS1596
ceh9573
B2W.Neo542
byalli464
KnowMe149
C9.Mang0146
QueenE90
Chillindude52
Trikslyr45
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade960
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Scarra370
• Shiphtur255
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 40m
OSC
18h 40m
Stellar Fest
18h 40m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.