• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:38
CEST 10:38
KST 17:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7913 users

When I'm Grandmaster (K'Naan - Wavin' Flag Remix)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 32 33 34 Next All
Temp0
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 18:08:07
June 30 2011 22:44 GMT
#1


EDIT: Woohoo, thanks for the spotlight, TL! :D

Now before you flame me hardcore because you've had it up to HERE with that HTC commercial where that little girl sings the chorus to the original, please give this video a chance lol.

The idea has been lingering in my head for a few weeks before that commercial invaded Justin.tv and I really wanted to go through with it. I made sure to really up the production value, and also make a video that has some pretty great memories of many Broodwar and SC2 Esports moments!

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

MP3 Download
http://www.box.net/shared/173f8r1rdzs3bjynv7sb
or
[url blocked]

Lyrics
+ Show Spoiler +

When I’m Grandmaster, I will play faster
They’ll call me bonjwa, just like my name was Flash...

When I’m Grandmaster, I will play faster
They’ll call me bonjwa, just like my name was Flash
But now I’m just Plat. And now I’m just Plat
and Now I’m just Plat. Oooh Oh!


Placed into Bronze. It was so wrong
No games I won. So I made songs
But I stayed calm, and before long
I will be strong, just like Jaedong

Now I’m in Platinum, and I go at them
Hoping for that one (Promotion!)
Learn from these streams. Watch GOMTV
Nada, MC. I wish I was Korean

(So we’re laddering) Just to compete
(And it’s saddening) When we “GG”
So we patiently play, And Tune in to Day
We’ll make it some way, but for now we say!

When I’m Grandmaster, I will play faster
They’ll call me bonjwa, just like my name was Flash
But now I’m just Plat. And now I’m just Plat
and Now I’m just Plat. Oooh Oh!

So many Thors. Right at my door.
Pulled SCVs, it’s a repair galore
I heard them say…Toss is the way
Toss is the answer. That’s what they say

Look at these cheaters. Combat and Deezer
I’d rather 6 Pool…Like ActionJesus
They should promote us. Plat, Bronze and gold suck
I know we’ll be pro just if someone would coach us

(But we’re laddering) Just to compete
(And it’s saddening) When we “GG”
So we patiently play, And Tune in to Day
We’ll make it some way, but for now we say!

When I’m Grandmaster, I will play faster
They’ll call me bonjwa, just like my name was Flash
But now I’m just Plat. And now I’m just Plat
and Now I’m just Plat. Oooh Oh!

Give me free wins. Just Retire
Take your cheesing back to Aiur
Build more bases. Take the map, bro
Use control groups, learn to macro

In your natural. Lings are dancing
As you lose your whole expansion
Don’t throw tantrums…just get practice
And remember…SPESHUL TAKTICS!

Staying forever nub!
It’s okay if you play like a scrub
Let’s rejoice in this beautiful game
Cuz regardless at the end of the day
WE ALL SAY

When I’m Grandmaster, I will play faster
They’ll call me bonjwa, just like my name was Flash
But now I’m just Plat. And now I’m just Plat
and Now I’m just Plat. Oooh Oh!

When I’m Grandmaster, and I play faster
And I defeat you, don’t you go getting all mad
Or blame it on lag. Just wave your flag
And wave your flag, GG!!

When I’m Grandmaster
When I’m Grandmaster
And I defeat you
don’t you go getting all mad

don’t you go getting all mad
don’t even blame it on lag…lag…lag
don’t you go blame it on lag


Original Songs
+ Show Spoiler +



SC2 and Video Game Songs! - http://youtube.com/temp0
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
June 30 2011 22:45 GMT
#2
Awesome song :D still listening but I like it so far
Isken
Profile Joined November 2010
Korea (South)1131 Posts
June 30 2011 22:46 GMT
#3
Nice one!
ScrubS
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands436 Posts
June 30 2011 22:48 GMT
#4
Argh! Awesome! I always listen to ur songs while playing sc! <3
Dominico
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada678 Posts
June 30 2011 22:49 GMT
#5
hahaha nice
Leftwing
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada229 Posts
June 30 2011 22:49 GMT
#6
I actually enjoyed this song!
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
June 30 2011 22:50 GMT
#7
Not bad. Mostly I enjoyed the video clips though :D
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
June 30 2011 22:50 GMT
#8
Wohoo, another great SC2-song by Tempo!

This community has some awesome talent in it.
Moda
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway60 Posts
June 30 2011 22:50 GMT
#9
hahah good one!
dat microwave
h0neyBadger
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
184 Posts
June 30 2011 22:52 GMT
#10
nice, some really smart lyrics in there gj
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
June 30 2011 22:52 GMT
#11
Damn man, you are talented! Definitely one of my favorite SC2 parody songs.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
June 30 2011 22:52 GMT
#12
Wow i actually listened to the whole song, which is something becuase i usually can't make it past the first verse. I like this one a lot for some reason. I don't like the original THAt much, but this is pretty sick.
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
Coutcha
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada519 Posts
June 30 2011 22:52 GMT
#13
:D thats awesomeeee
This is what the world is for Making ELECTRICITY :D
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
June 30 2011 22:52 GMT
#14
This is pretty awesome.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
June 30 2011 22:52 GMT
#15
Wow this is a really great song

Love the lyrics

Looking forward to hearing more from you
TL+ Member
FenneK
Profile Joined November 2010
France1231 Posts
June 30 2011 22:52 GMT
#16
tempo's back!

this warms my heart, thank you.
good luck have batman
Kardaron
Profile Joined September 2010
40 Posts
June 30 2011 22:53 GMT
#17
this is freaking sick! great job man
Joozaf
Profile Joined July 2010
Estonia22 Posts
June 30 2011 22:54 GMT
#18
I actually am SO FED UP with the HTC commercial. Thank you :D
TW_Covenant
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark104 Posts
June 30 2011 22:54 GMT
#19
Hahaha combat and deezer xD keep going man
New to sc2 old AoE player.
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
June 30 2011 22:54 GMT
#20
Awesome
Moderatorgold coin
1 2 3 4 5 32 33 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4180
Leta 2730
Soulkey 533
BeSt 489
Soma 248
Rush 153
Killer 45
Shine 32
ZergMaN 27
Shinee 24
[ Show more ]
Barracks 23
Hm[arnc] 15
Dota 2
XcaliburYe217
League of Legends
JimRising 563
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
WinterStarcraft718
Sick282
Pyrionflax89
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 42
• 3DClanTV 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2319
League of Legends
• Jankos1937
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 22m
Patches Events
6h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 22m
OSC
14h 22m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.