• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:40
CEST 10:40
KST 17:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7868 users

To Donate or Be Lazy

Blogs > Sheth
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-13 22:09:58
June 13 2011 20:59 GMT
#1
Poll: Which charity would you rather I give to?

Doctor's Without Borders (704)
 
65%

Child's Play (327)
 
30%

Write Your Own Response (45)
 
4%

1076 total votes

Your vote: Which charity would you rather I give to?

(Vote): Doctor's Without Borders
(Vote): Child's Play
(Vote): Write Your Own Response


Poll: 50/50 DWB / CP ?

No, One bigger ammount is better for E-Sports (436)
 
53%

Yes, Hey It Helps Both! (205)
 
25%

Whichever is fine! :) (180)
 
22%

821 total votes

Your vote: 50/50 DWB / CP ?

(Vote): Yes, Hey It Helps Both!
(Vote): No, One bigger ammount is better for E-Sports
(Vote): Whichever is fine! :)





Hey there reader,

I'm working on a fairly interesting project. First of all, I'm going to Korea in 7 days and thats enough of a huge project in itself. However soon after I arrive in Korea I want to have an event where as many streamers as I can get will stream with me to provide Charity. For this event I already have a backer to provide however much the "best" streamer makes and to provide that much extra. So that event will be really cool, where the best streamer of that time gives to charity and someone else gives that same ammount. Which is going to hopefully be alot for a charity considering everyone else streaming that day will also be giving to charity. However thats not really want I want to talk about here...

Although I'm working on that post slowly the idea just really has me. I really want to do something like this earlier. I don't want to work to have it advertised, I just want to do it. I just want to wake up 2morro find a few people to help me out online, or really whoever and just stream till I drop from exhaustion and just give that to charity. It won't be backed by anyone and I won't be asking others to stream with me, but I just really want to do this.

I did a charity event for Day9 a month or two ago and then TLO did a charity for Doctors Without Borders. I feel like TLO copied me and my idea! Thats great though because its such a cool idea and he managed to raise so much for DWB. However I want the title as most donatingist streamer out there. I want to go for 25 hours, or just something more then TLO. I think its just pride, but I really want to do this lol. So I geuss the point of this post here is, me building up confidence to say tommorow I'm going to stream for Charity all day! And hopefully until I passout of tiredness! I will start at 9AM EST.

Also I havn't really decided which Charity to go for 2morro. I can do a charity for something like the Red Cross, Japanese hunger or Doctors without borders like TLO. All of those options seem like they would help the most people. However I've never really been a fan of giving to those organizations simply because I believe alot of the money is given to CEO's or just used improperly to give to the needy. I'm sure there not all bad and most are nearly all good, but its just a deep seated fear I have of giving to charities.

So another option I could do, would be to help out E-Sports. I could do something like "Donations for TSL #4" And try and sponsor TSL 4 Partly off of 2morro. TLO Made like 2k+ if I made somewhere around 2k, I could perhaps get us TSL 4 within weeks from now. How cool would that be? Or instead how about I donate it to a Gamer related charity, like Child's Play. As I love games and would hope other gamers wouldn't abuse money. Either way tomorrow I will wake up and try and stream for as long as possible. I'm not going to advertise it like TLO did and I'm not going to expect too much. However I hope that I can make a small difference and have fun with everyone in the process. Here's to tomorrow for as long as I can go.... and to w/e Charity u guys vote for! <3, Sheth

P.S. TLO's record is going down!

P.S.S I changed the poll to remove TSL #4. I just wanted to see the initial reactions about that and I do agree completely that its much better to donate to a Charity then to a Tournament. As of now 99 Doctor's Without Borders 42 Child's Play 5 Write Your Own Response --

****
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
PDizzle
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark1754 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-13 21:02:49
June 13 2011 21:01 GMT
#2
gonna be sick yo
you should go for 48 hours like you said on stream :p
nbaker
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1341 Posts
June 13 2011 21:03 GMT
#3
Anything but TSL4 imo. The gospel of E-sports is getting a little out of hand if it's being elevated past medical care for citizens of 3rd world countries or helping less fortunate kids. Thanks for doing this, man! I wish more people gave to charity.
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
June 13 2011 21:04 GMT
#4
<3 Sheth, my hero. A role model in this community, a scholar and a gentleman!
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
Gnial
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada907 Posts
June 13 2011 21:04 GMT
#5
Great idea!

You may want to hype it a little more before you go for it, just to get some more momentum. Try to beat TLO in more than just duration, but perhaps money raised as well?
1, eh? 2, eh? 3, eh?
s[O]rry
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada398 Posts
June 13 2011 21:04 GMT
#6
How many bottles of water could you buy with the proceeds?!
Sunshine.
pStar
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
996 Posts
June 13 2011 21:05 GMT
#7
Can i first of all say you were the nicest person on the planet, you are now the nicest person in the universe!! :DDD

I voted for childs play. I think that it is a really worthwhile cause, and to be honest they are all epic.

Well played sir. Well played.
Marou
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1371 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-13 22:36:57
June 13 2011 21:07 GMT
#8
Yay Shet i'll make sure to tune in even if i'm not watching !

Concerning the organization you shoud give the money to...it's a hard question and i think you are the only one that can make it right. There are so many charity out there that needs donation, you have to give the money for something that you deeply care about !
If it was me i would probably donate it to the palestinian red cross, but i voted Child's Play since it looks like having something that involves video games is important to you.

As much as i love TL and the TSL, i don't think it needs donation from the members, lately esports have been attracting some interest and the sponsors are out there.

edit : donate all the money to one charity, it's more efficient imho !
twitter@RickyMarou
Echuu
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden42 Posts
June 13 2011 21:07 GMT
#9
Own response: World Food Foundation or perhaps CharityWater
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-13 21:10:04
June 13 2011 21:08 GMT
#10
Thanks Pdizzle, I think 48 would be too much! Nbaker, in theory I can't agree with you more. Why would donations for E-sports ever be more important then feeding the hungry or healing the sick.

I can't really disagree with that. However on a gaming website, playing a game and streaming this game, I'm sure what a lot of the people here want to see is for gaming. They want better games, and more entertaining games. Voting for TSL 4 clearly won't heal the sick, but perhaps it'll entertain more people who while feeling positive will donate more to charity. All I know is that if this was about demographics I'd wager more people here care about E-sports then Hunger. Thats not a good thing, but I don't know how to fix it. This is my baby step and hopefully more people want to feed the hungry and heal the sick.

However if more people want to see TSL 4 or help out with Child's Play, I wouldn't begrudge them. Its their opinion. We'll see how this poll goes, I'll be watching it until tonight when I go to bed. 2morro morning right when I wake up, whichever is #1 on the poll will be it. <3

P.S. LOL at all the Water comments! Doctor's Without Borders is leading right now. Hopefully it keeps up, I love that charity, here check it out
Doctor's Without Borders
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
awu25
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2003 Posts
June 13 2011 21:08 GMT
#11
TSL4 isn't a charity. It will be sponsored by a company and therefore will not need money.
Ohpea
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6 Posts
June 13 2011 21:09 GMT
#12
Child's Play is a great charity!! GL HF!!!!
Oreo7
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1647 Posts
June 13 2011 21:10 GMT
#13
On June 14 2011 06:03 nbaker wrote:
Anything but TSL4 imo. The gospel of E-sports is getting a little out of hand if it's being elevated past medical care for citizens of 3rd world countries or helping less fortunate kids. Thanks for doing this, man! I wish more people gave to charity.

That's a problem with capitalism and esp. American capitalism, who our wants are valued more than others needs. Because we have to deal with that as a given, the question comes down to what we want more. I voted for DWB btw, just cause I feel like TSL4 will happen regardless.
Stork HerO and Protoss everywhere - redfive on bnet
callmeJED
Profile Joined April 2011
France2 Posts
June 13 2011 21:10 GMT
#14
mb you can do a charity event for TLO's hands then u could both do charity events in future ! <3
RedJustice
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1004 Posts
June 13 2011 21:12 GMT
#15
Having watched Penny Arcade a lot and seen how even though Child's Play doesn't physically heal someone, I really think the mental/emotional healing that it seems to give children is a valuable thing. It's an awesome gaming related charity, and you should TOTALLY chose it! :D
mtupyro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States5 Posts
June 13 2011 21:12 GMT
#16
Any scheduled start time for this or just when you feel like waking up?
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
June 13 2011 21:12 GMT
#17
The Red Cross has had its share of funding issues in the past with money sometimes not getting there...

if things like that are of concern, why not consider making the drive for a local charity near where you live? It doesn't have the glam of RC or DWB, but you'll be able to see what you donate be put to use.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Zulueta
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany28 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-13 21:14:34
June 13 2011 21:13 GMT
#18
<3
hopefully there will be much more of such events in the future!

ESports com is just great! Keep going Sheth and good luck in Korea! Hopefully FXO does well!
ICCup.Tesla
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States841 Posts
June 13 2011 21:15 GMT
#19
Great idea man! I commented towards you and in regards to this on twitter! Let me know if I can do anything & good luck! <3
@DjTesla ~ CEO of GoSc, GoLoL, GoD3 & GoSmite ~ @The_GoSc ~ @TheGoLoL ~ The greatest glory of man, is not in never falling, but in rising after each time he has fallen.
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
June 13 2011 21:15 GMT
#20
I will start at 9AM EST!

Hawk thats not a bad idea, but I don't know any local charities, and I've heard only good things about DWB and Child's Play.

I hope so too Zulu
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4180
Leta 2730
Soulkey 533
BeSt 489
Soma 248
Rush 153
Killer 45
Shine 32
ZergMaN 27
Shinee 24
[ Show more ]
Barracks 23
Hm[arnc] 15
Dota 2
XcaliburYe217
League of Legends
JimRising 563
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
WinterStarcraft718
Sick282
Pyrionflax89
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 42
• 3DClanTV 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2319
League of Legends
• Jankos1937
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 21m
Patches Events
6h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 21m
OSC
14h 21m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.