• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:01
CEST 12:01
KST 19:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6404 users

Interview with Pusan.

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
[BOyGiRl]ShaRp
Profile Joined July 2004
Korea (S)1912 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-01-26 15:50:15
January 26 2005 03:27 GMT
#1
This is an interview from Fighterforum.com of Pusan. They had this cool thing where Pusan and fans who were logged in sat in a chat room and the fans got to ask the questions.


Q : Why did you decide to become a progamer?

Pusan : When I saw the 2001 Sky OSL finals, I decided to become a protoss player. From then, I abandoned the zerg race and became a protoss user. My fascination of Garimto's plays lead me to becoming a progamer.

Q : Who is your favorite progamer?

Pusan : Mumyung. I am very close with him because we used to be on the same team. I won't useng the term 'respect' because if I say I respect Garimto, they might call me Garimto Junior or the 2nd Garimto. All I want to be is Pusan the first.

Q : What is the secret behind your mass productions?

Pusan : It's probably because my game style is more concentrated on troop management. I like to play agressive so naturally my troops look larger because I am the one attacking. But these days I'm I little bit less confident in mass producing. Back in the days I used to be very confident of my mass units especially versus Terran, but these days I don't have the same confidence. So I'm trying harder and practicing harder these days.

Q : Who do you think is your rival?

Pusan : Anytime[gm]. He is not especially a rival, but he is my teammate and he is one of the few protoss players who likes to mass produce units like me, and these days it seems he produces more than me so he's getting scary. I'm trying hard not to be left behind.

Q : What do you like to do in your spare time?

Pusan : It's not a hobby or anything but I work out at the gym around 1~2 hours a day. It's hard to find the time to work out, but when all you do is sit and practice playing games, you can get out of shape so I try to work out steadily.

Q : How many games do you practice daily?

Pusan : We have a league within our Plus team, so I play around 20 games a day. And to add to that I play on B.net for fun.

Q : Who is the player you have the hardest time playing against?

Pusan : I can't specify a player because right now, many of the players are on a higher position than I am in. I am currently the challenger trying to make it to the top as well. I never got into OSL or MSL so I don't have a rival or a certain player I'm weak against.

Q : Is it true that if you get 3 numbered units (meaning 36 units) you press a and designate them to attack and then concentrate on producing units rather than controlling them?

Pusan : Somewhat. I used to do this some time ago but whenever my zealots were destroyed by minds my heart broke so I now try to control them.

Q : Is it true that you don't designate units and instead designate gateways 1~10?

Pusan : I designate my gatewats 5~9. But I always think in my mind that the time needed to press units in all gateways, whether the number be 10 or 20, is less than a second.

Q : Last dual during your game vs Kos, did you get the 4 high templars and 1 archon on purpose? knowing you will win?

Pusan : To be honest I thought I was going to loose that game. I thought of what I will have to go through in order to get in Challenge League again and I hated that so I changed my strat right there at that moment. I think the 4 high templars and archon helped me win.

Q : When you produce units, do you press 2~3 units at a time at one gateway so that they will start producing right after one is made?

Pusan : No, I never do that. Even though I have a lot of money left over, I don't reserve unit production. If I have money left over, I make more gateways and if I still have money left over, I make expos.

Q : Last words?

Pusan : I hated the map Mercury, but during MBC game team league, a fan came up to me and asked for my signature. While I was talking to my fan, he told me the map designer Rose.of.Dream who made Mercury was a big fan of mine. He also told me that Rose.of.Dream said that his biggest mistake in life was making the map Mercury. From then I started hating the map but not the map designer.
These days, players are good at mass producing. Especially terran player Oov. And to the progamer wannabes out there, the number one thing you need in order to become a progamer is practice after practice after practice. I don't deserve to say this until I become the number 1 player, but that's all I can say for now.
Hexatron Bba!!
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
January 26 2005 03:30 GMT
#2
Nice Read, Thanks

That would be cool if that happend for team liquid
Commentator
Malmis
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Sweden1569 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-01-26 03:36:28
January 26 2005 03:35 GMT
#3
Good job man.
Touching last words =]

Can anyone tell me something about Anytime[gm] ?
To Suport@Bethsoft.com: okay so i completed morrowind.. um, can i have my life back now?
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
January 26 2005 03:47 GMT
#4
On January 26 2005 12:35 Malmis wrote:
Good job man.
Touching last words =]

Can anyone tell me something about Anytime[gm] ?

toss player from plus who apparently likes to mass.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
seeyoulater
Profile Joined June 2004
970 Posts
January 26 2005 03:47 GMT
#5
pusan ever win anything?
Famouzze
Profile Joined June 2004
971 Posts
January 26 2005 03:52 GMT
#6
"Q : Last dual during your game vs Kos, did you get the 4 high templars and 1 archon on purpose? knowing you will win?

Pusan : To be honest I thought I was going to loose that game. I thought of what I will have to go through in order to get in Challenge League again and I hated that so I changed my strat right there at that moment. I think the 4 high templars and archon helped me win."

whats this all about? did anyone see the game he's talking about?
[BOyGiRl]ShaRp
Profile Joined July 2004
Korea (S)1912 Posts
January 26 2005 03:54 GMT
#7
On January 26 2005 12:52 Famouzze wrote:
"Q : Last dual during your game vs Kos, did you get the 4 high templars and 1 archon on purpose? knowing you will win?

Pusan : To be honest I thought I was going to loose that game. I thought of what I will have to go through in order to get in Challenge League again and I hated that so I changed my strat right there at that moment. I think the 4 high templars and archon helped me win."

whats this all about? did anyone see the game he's talking about?


It was a game that Pusan poured unit after unit after unit but KOS eventuall blocked all of them off.
Both players had 1 expo remaining and all the other minerals/gas in Bifrost 3 were depleted. Naturally both players would defend their only expos with their life but Pusan did a sexy drop where he went behind the ramp and psionic stormed all of KOS's scv's like 6 times in a row and turned the tide of the game by that drop.
Hexatron Bba!!
Terross
Profile Joined November 2003
United States878 Posts
January 26 2005 03:55 GMT
#8
cool, thx
I am Joe oO;
Ebenol
Profile Joined May 2003
Sweden1983 Posts
January 26 2005 03:55 GMT
#9
On January 26 2005 12:47 seeyoulater wrote:
pusan ever win anything?
He was one game away from entering OSL. Of course it was a PvZ on mercury so he was screwed anyway.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
January 26 2005 04:42 GMT
#10
RoseofDream's made/edited some very inbalanced maps Paradoxxx and Mercury come to mind =/
Moderator
CyuntiyuL
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada1740 Posts
January 26 2005 05:00 GMT
#11
Yay, I love Pusan. He's my favourite.
secret base
Baki
Profile Joined January 2005
Canada36 Posts
January 26 2005 05:08 GMT
#12
mercury are one of the best maybe

but maybe that because im terrran user
never give up
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
January 26 2005 05:16 GMT
#13
Well I like mercury because I'm Z player and sometimes I get lucky and play against a P

But seriously it's so imbalanced >.<
Moderator
BadBinky
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Finland649 Posts
January 26 2005 05:30 GMT
#14
ok... now i must see the pusan vs kos game =)
It's more important to be tough than to have any fun.
sundance
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Slovakia3201 Posts
January 26 2005 05:41 GMT
#15
Thank you sharp , as usual
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
MyDoom
Profile Joined June 2004
1274 Posts
January 26 2005 05:51 GMT
#16
pusan rox ^^, thx sharp
My English SuX, dont Hate me T_T
jacen
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Austria3644 Posts
January 26 2005 05:56 GMT
#17
sharp is tah man!
thx 2 u
(micronesia) lol we aren't going to just permban you (micronesia) "we" excludes Jinro
coulthard.
Profile Joined November 2004
Greece200 Posts
January 26 2005 06:24 GMT
#18
Same hapened to me .I saw GARIMTO on 2001 finz and I wanted to play toss.
Pusan rox indeed.cool to find that he says those things about GARIMTO.
Salad Finger fan :P
StarN
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2587 Posts
January 26 2005 06:35 GMT
#19
Dang i look up to PuSan... even though hes not the best one out there i just really respect him ;P
Retired BW Noob
Alpha
Profile Joined September 2004
France1495 Posts
January 26 2005 06:42 GMT
#20
At least Pusan has respect for Garimto as well as me
The psi bolts enlighten me.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings31
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 145
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10420
Rain 3184
soO 520
BeSt 449
Stork 378
Soulkey 359
Soma 342
Rush 266
firebathero 213
Barracks 152
[ Show more ]
Sexy 95
Shinee 52
Killer 32
Mind 30
Sharp 23
Shine 22
HiyA 22
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 17
Sacsri 16
yabsab 14
hero 13
Terrorterran 10
zelot 10
Noble 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5789
League of Legends
JimRising 421
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
gofns37002
singsing1224
Pyrionflax206
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 56
• Sammyuel 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV174
League of Legends
• Jankos2807
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 59m
OSC
12h 59m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.