• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:37
CEST 14:37
KST 21:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8186 users

1300pnt Masters offering Coaching - Read my Story!

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Clairvoyance
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada92 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 23:31:22
May 21 2011 23:16 GMT
#1
** DISCLAIMER: This post's content was directed here by HUGS|Jibba on the IRC - ITS NOT MY FAULT**

Well, here we go

TL:DR : 1300 Points Master Terran (rank 1-3 division, top 20 GM mmr) offering Coaching on North American server for $20/hr - details read all of below (see what i did there? ^^)

First and foremost, please allow me to introduce myself in the most entertaining way I possibly can

Hello to all of Teamliquid.net, I am an aspiring individual struggling to walk into the realm of eSports. My name is Aaron Kim, which defaults me to a Korean (south no terrorist jokes pls). I am at the end of the line, which brings me to make my FINAL STANCE and appeal to the community that I so ardently desire to be a part of. Yes, the Starcraft community.

I began playing Starcraft one about the time it made its global debut, which was when I was around 7ish. I can still remember those mornings when I sat before my oversized behemoth of a computer while being intrigued by the pretty colours (CANADIAN) of archons and the rest of the Protoss race. I can piece together the memories of my afternoons being spent in the offices of my dad's co-workers who spent their breaks smoking and playing low-skilled starcraft. Then, I also remember my flight to Canada when I was 8, leaving my native country for a new chapter in life, and upon settling down, you guessed it, playing starcraft :D.

Fast forward a couple years. I grew up with great surroundings, lots of love, blessings, gifts, etc. and I continued to play games as a hobby. With the power of my inner Korean, I was able to reap the most out of RTS games - namely Starcraft and Warcraft 3. Through my teen years, I've invested hundreds of hours into playing Blizzard games (SC, Diablo2, Wc3/DotA), as well as crying lots of tears due to CDs breaking or family bringing down the iron judgment(asian parents mode), temporarily crushing my addictions.

As time never ceased to take breaks, neither did my childhood - this lead to my transition into a pseudo-adult, where I learned of a funny word, its called "responsibilities". As I followed the daily guidelines laid out to me by my surrounding institutions, I began diverging in a different path. My hobbies grew, my self-awareness picked up, and I started to make a turn from the societal norms. Perhaps it is my religion, perhaps it is my background, or perhaps maybe I'm just weird. But one thing is for sure; I want to help eSports grow, and I want to be at the center of it. I could not make up my mind as I hopped games - though I had potential talent through competitively playing DotA for a very short period of time, I felt it was not enough. Then along came Starcraft 2.

I'm still in a very sticky situation. If it was not for a very generous friend who donated me a free Nvidia 8800 GeForce (is that what its called, the gfx card that averages 80+C, is huge, and is a couple years old, just about qualifies to run SC2 on low specs), my 8 year old PC, formerly top of the line product back in 2003 while my dad's business was running, would not allow me to play my country's National sport. Yes, Starcraft is Korea's National Sport. I am limited by both equipment (pentium 4, 1gig DDR ram, windows XP) as well as time (began playing SC2 in the ides February) to going one step further in my gaming "career". For these reasons, I play SC2 on a buddy's account, who punishes me for it by forcing me to play under XxElitexX.650 - but call me Clairvoyance (lol). This is also the reason why I am playing Terran now and not Zerg, because staring at a mid-late game zerg army will bring my fps down to 1-3, and sometimes crash my computer. With that said, if any of you ever meet me on the ladder, if for some reason you can't kill me in 10 minutes, maxing vs me is almost autowin :3.

To those who would ridicule me for my inexperienced insights on life, I hope you believe me when I say I tried getting out of this. For the sake of not bore-ing (?) you readers, I'll just say that I've applied to many workplaces, worked at a few places, and have been laid off due to "oh the economy is bad and this is our slow time and we have no work for you". In the end, I feel most comfortable doing this anyway, and I believe I have talent for it, so my verdict is: well, lets give it a shot.

So here is where I told myself I'll draw the line.
---------------------
There. Now, some of you might be wondering why take coaching from me, someone with all these cons/ someone who is lacking so much? Well, once again there is a reason why I chose to stick with this, I feel that I have a lot to offer. As a latecomer, someone who's roughly in a 8-9 months lag into the game, I will admit that I do lack experience in the game pre-2011, though I have been intensely watching GSL games and whatnot since October. However, if you can't trust my Korean blood (lol) or my current rankings on the ladder with all my handicaps, allow me to say that I have made minor accomplishments by beating certain well-known pro gamers, such as but not exclusive to LiquidTyler and Grubby (these names are what I feel are the biggest/most known). I could not save my replay vs Mr Tyler due to limited computer space, it was on his stream you could probably find me in a VoD if it existed, but I do have a link for Grubby, it was for IPL qualifier #1.

http://www.z33k.com/starcraft2/tournaments/710-ign-pro-league-season-two-qualifier-1/matches/29901

I extend apologies to mentioned individuals if they are offended in any way, I'd like to say that this is not me saying I am a better player but simply a way to assert my credibility as a decent player who does try his best to compete at a high level.

If you do want to take me up on my offer on coaching, I have played random on the ladder until about the level of 1200pnt masters - which means that though my Terran is strongest, my understanding of Protoss and Zerg as well as their play transitions inside a game itself is not to be undermined. My preferred medium for communication is Ventrilo, but I do realize the popularity of Skype/Teamspeak and I am going to try learning Skype asap. For more needed detail, my coaching will consist of

- Replay analysis (have replays prepared)
- Unit testing (compositions n stuff)
- Lots of discussion
- Playing games together
- Possibly in game coaching, where I watch you play and guide you as you go vs a player you have prepared, presumably at your level - due to my computer limitations unfortunately I am unable to stream nor find you a reliable, on-the-go practice partner.

Not to fret though, I feel that the best way to improve other than straight grinding is by understanding - in a basketball practice, the coach tells you to run, because though he knows in the end that points are what will win the game, running and being able to maintain stamina will ultimately be your best bet at points in the long run. In the same way, even though I might be the only person available to play you / with you,

a) your goal should be to get to my level or better and there should be no penalties but only gains involved with playing someone at a higher level than you, and
b) as long as you are willing to learn, my analysis and insights into the current metagame and the mechanics, as well as analysis of your games will definitely assist you in working on the areas where you are lacking.

So, if you want coaching from a Korean individual with fluent English, likes to take long walks in the beach, doesn’t know how to say the “f” word to save his life, enjoys hip hop and raps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rIoHLrBTFc), does nothing but eat, play basketball, watch animes, play starcraft 2, rage cuz TOSS OP and the occasional bathroom breaks, Aaron Kim is your man (no homo).

If you have any questions, feel free to Email me at aarroonn92@gmail.com, I promise I’ll read all your questions and give you the best reply I can within reason.

Thanks for your perusal and if there is a God, may he bless you all ^^
A.K
Never argue with idiots - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
May 21 2011 23:29 GMT
#2
Glad you made a super long post, but advertising paid coaching is a big no-no here o.o.
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
Clairvoyance
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada92 Posts
May 21 2011 23:29 GMT
#3
oops i need to edit i was told to do this by an admin

DISCLAIMER : NOT MY FAULT
Never argue with idiots - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 23:32:20
May 21 2011 23:31 GMT
#4
You can purchase a sponsored thread and post this there .

EDIT: LOL nice disclaimer haha (still gonna get shut down)
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
Clairvoyance
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada92 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 23:31:54
May 21 2011 23:31 GMT
#5
NO MONEY T_T
Never argue with idiots - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Dubzex
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6994 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 23:42:38
May 21 2011 23:40 GMT
#6
This will get closed. In order to post your coaching advertisements on teamliquid, you need to purchase a sponsored thread. Not sure who you have to contact to get that set up, but I would start by looking in that sub-forum. Here is a link for you: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=48

Edit: For $20 an hour, I had better have heard of you... and I have never heard of you.
"DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CARRY OR YOU WILL BE CARRIED INTO THE ABYSS OF SUFFERING" - Tyler 'TC' Cook
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
May 21 2011 23:45 GMT
#7
I am sure you're a great player, but generally this isn't allowed. I don't think you're going to get 20/hr out of most people. Lower tiered but well known pros charge 25-30 /hr.
Clairvoyance
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada92 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 23:47:46
May 21 2011 23:46 GMT
#8
well thanks for the posts

in all seriousness ill say if this does get closed, well if it gets closed it gets closed

i hope you enjoyed my story though ^^ i did my best and what i could, its hard out here T_T

once again i spoke to the listed admin and he directed me here, i apologize if this is the wrong place and i will accept whatever other rulings that may fall down on this thread

as for the whole price issue, thats all up to discussion, i just felt that's what my time is worth

i dunno, if you feel different, i guess you can say so, but who knows there might be a soul out there that might feel different than both of us! =]
Never argue with idiots - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
May 21 2011 23:51 GMT
#9
Yup. You may not get many people, but if your time is worth that much (which it might be) then as Idra "overcharges" you may do the same.

Good story. If a mod closes it then at least post the story
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
May 22 2011 00:04 GMT
#10
I really like the writing, butttt - advertising is not allowed on this part of the forums, please e-mail or use the form located here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/advertising/
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1055
WardiTV654
OGKoka 264
Rex142
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko421
mouzHeroMarine 366
OGKoka 264
Rex 142
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2182
Larva 1627
Horang2 1534
Shuttle 1109
EffOrt 660
BeSt 492
Soma 446
Mini 290
Hyuk 234
Stork 222
[ Show more ]
Light 197
ZerO 184
ggaemo 144
Zeus 117
Rush 115
Barracks 83
Killer 77
Hyun 70
Sea.KH 53
Shine 41
ToSsGirL 32
Shinee 31
Bale 28
PianO 22
Aegong 22
Mong 20
sorry 18
Sexy 15
soO 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Sacsri 13
zelot 11
Noble 10
HiyA 8
Icarus 6
yabsab 4
Dota 2
Dendi1667
qojqva1131
BananaSlamJamma208
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin516
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes314
Other Games
singsing2198
olofmeister1605
B2W.Neo652
hiko443
Sick257
XaKoH 219
Pyrionflax150
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King39
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream536
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH294
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2278
Other Games
• WagamamaTV222
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.