• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:48
CEST 10:48
KST 17:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10206 users

The Hot_Bid Fan Club

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-02 20:43:20
April 12 2011 07:45 GMT
#1
"ESPORTS is StarCraft 2, you can't take the RTS out of ESPORTS, then it'd be ESPO and that doesn't make sense" --Hot_Bid



New Links:

Hot_Bid Photobomb Thread
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=250655

Hot_Bid players Portal (VODs):
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=234940

ROOT interviews Hot_Bid about observing:
+ Show Spoiler [Interview] +
This week, we bring you a special interview conducted by Darthozzan with Teamliquid's Hotbid about his amazing observing in the TSL3. Without further ado, let's check out what Darthozzan found out!

Today I caught up with HotBid, the TSL observer, famous for being spot-on with his observing. I inquired in-depth with him to learn a simple fact: what makes an observer great?

What do you feel is the most important part of being an observer?

There are lots of qualities that make a good observer. It's very important to be naturally talented at it and practice from an early age. I started observing when I was eight years old. I obs'd ants and birds and all kinds of stuff before there were even computer games. It was my dream to one day be the obs for a major event. But I'd say the most important part of being an observer three fold: 1) You must be very handsome, 2) You must be attractive, and 3) You must not be unattractive. Observers must scrutinize every part of a game so your own appearance must be perfect.

How do you decide how to prioritize your camera? Do you have some internal ranking of importance?

I have a golden rule of observing: "Whence thou sees thine stuffs happening on screen, thou shalt show thy aforementioned stuffs happening." For those that don't understand latin, it means that you should prioritize the camera on locations where things are happening. Because it is the observer's main job to show things as they are happening. For example, let's say on a map like GSL Tal'Darim Altar, it's a 1v1 and two players spawn in the top right and bottom left positions. In the beginning of the game, I would show the top right player's workers mining in the top right. In fact, I might even show the bottom left's player's workers mining. But I will not show a position that does not have a player there because there is nothing happening.

People call you the third caster sometimes, highlighting events and communicating through actions, do you feel that is fair?

People say that I'm like a third caster. But observing isn't casting. It's not a science - it's an art. I'm a second-generation observer (my father observed GO matches in person back in China). I've been obsing most of my life. I still haven’t got it all figured out. I assume you interview me because someone told you I was the best. Well, I'm only the best because I work with the best. If you don't trust your production crew, your show can't succeed. I'd like to thank R1CH, Kennigit, and of course my union, the Global Observer Directory (GOD) for supporting me.

How hard is it to keep synced up with the casters?

I must say it is very challenging to stay synced with casters. When Day9 says "if you take a look at MC's base," I have to quickly switch to MC's base. These types of instructions may be confusing to an inexperienced observer, but for an observering veteran like myself, I can accomplish this with no problem.

You’re reddit-famous for a sick shout-out, how did you even think of doing that?

I would like to say it's because I realized that the beginning of the game is boring for many people and the observer does not have much to do, and spelling things out with your cursor can make it interesting. Or it could be that I just like Reddit, because r/starcraft is super fun. But neither of those answers would be true. The real reason I do the shout-outs is because it's a way for me to make shoutouts to girls I feel very close to. Special thanks to Bridget, Diana, Melanie, Shawna, Amber, Amy, Cameron, Tysha, Noreen, Paula, Kate Upton, Anna, Rachel, Peanut, Lilsusie, Soe, Tyler's Wife, Smix, those two girls that came with Destiny, Haypro's girlfriend, that girl that draws posters for TL, and of course, Leah B. Jackson.

What is your favourite part of observing the TSL?

My favorite part of observing the TSL is the 50,000 viewers watching. It's not every day you can control what that many people see and hear and feel, unless you're in a country that has a thought police. Even then, you don't have as close a relationship as the viewer does with the obs. You're basically trusting someone with your senses for 3-4 hours on a weekend. In a way, I'm closer to the viewer than their own families. Big thanks to all the fans that watch.

Do you feel that it is integral for an observer to be highly skilled at the game, or is it all about practicing the ancient art of observing?

You have to understand the game at a good level but you don't have to be as good as top players. But you do have to watch a lot of high-level StarCraft tournaments to see how they do it. I watched a ton of OGN and MBC starleagues for StarCraft Brood War, and their observers were amazing. These days more people can be good observers because StarCraft 2 has production tabs, better replays, and all these other features. It's kind of like transitioning from BW to SC2, obsing and playing become easier.

Any shoutouts?

I'd like to thank everyone that made the TSL possible: Plexa, Heyoka and Lovedrop for writing, R1CH for coding, Kennigit and Glider for art, and Waxangel for Korean translation. Thanks to all the other TL staff that helped plan and discuss every little detail as well. Also, thanks to my family: Sean, Michelle, Richard, Kit, Sophie, Maisie, Isaac, and Art.

Hot_Bid's BOSS Cannon Rush:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=228253

"Film Festival" NASL Preview
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211359

"The Hangover" MLG Columbus Preview
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=229043

"Redeemed" MLG Columbus Recap
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=231399





I love Hot_Bid.

It's not his dazzling Grandmaster-level play that gets me though. Nor the fact that he works for Team Liquid. I love Hot_Bid because he's stunningly handsome and good looking.
[image loading]
Are you this person? No? Then you're not the coolest person in the world.

Allow me to first highlight how I first came to know of his existence:
+ Show Spoiler +
I, like many of you, watched the VOD of Chill vs. Combat-EX. And I like many of you was surprised out of my mind when I first heard "THE COLORS" in that infernal scream that I would later find out belonged to the manliest most baller man in the history of mandom.


TLO? He's okay, I guess.

Jinro? He's a good player and he's got a manly chin but that's it.

Hot_Bid?

That's where the shit is at.

Okay, in all seriousness. Hot_Bid's done a lot of community organization work and his interviews at MLG were really funny. He's a great guy and deserves a fan club.


-Fans-
+ Show Spoiler +
* DivinO
* mR.bONG789
* Son of Gnome
* PaPoolee
* ReadySteady
* xxSK8rGUy277xx
* Ayush_SCtoss
* KWest
* WhoDoYouThink
* Golgotha
* Neobick
* DailYLeet
* meeyeop
* BLinD-RawR
* Rhyme
* snotboogie
* Telcontar
* Sergeras
* Belano
* Base
* DeepBlu2
* Talin
* Porkz
* DrunkenTemplar
* zerglingsfolife
* eviltomahawk
* Spekulatius
* Kizlyk
* Hirnfrost
* Akamiri
* arb
* Nomadic
* trancey
* fabulously
* Clafou
* ReadySteady
* adeezy
* OmniscientSC2
* Avaloch
* Hirmu
* LEEKsc
* Roffles
* Krallman
* Khyrandor
* insta
* intrigue
* micronesia
* SLoGgErDoGgEr
* hifriend
* Chesner
* Truenappa
* Circos
* Sheth (LOL)
* Ichabod
* Mayor
* Ydriel
* 57 Corvette
* Redlol
* GenozStriker
* Maliris
* Crazyeyes
* Brandish
* Luminox
* KlaraFall
* GenesisX
* RoyalCheese
* astroorion
* freddyy
* Mobius_1
* Nicodemusher
* DarthCaesar
* Hydroxy
* kiskuri
* MattChew
* Hyren
* Jimboo
* Mano
* BretZ
* Mawi
* Alabasern
* QTIP
* Kasragore
* Tuthur
* Sigi
* DieterEilts
* Mordek
* Xtal
* Sigh
* yamulo
* jlim
* BearChocolate
* NoobieOne
* Noobsh1t
* iPBioOrMech
* Sylverin
* 3xiLe
* s.a.y
* red4ce
* CWL
* rawbanana
* mufin
* Zeiryuu
* Fyro
* Ejje



-Awesome Bans-
+ Show Spoiler +
Sami` was just temp banned for 1 week by Hot_Bid.

That account was created on 2011-03-29 04:11:37 and had 67 posts.

Reason: p4Ndemik is too nice.

Canucklehead was just temp banned for 90 days by Hot_Bid.

That account was created on 2011-03-06 03:39:42 and had 151 posts.

Reason: Ban extended. Don't dodge with a new account and post stuff "banworthy but worth it."



-Awesome Hot-Bid Related Materials-
+ Show Spoiler +
* Find the Hot_Bid!

+ Show Spoiler +

http://twitter.com/#!/Hot_Bid/status/66718369033879553
http://twitter.com/#!/Hot_Bid/status/66718790221697024
http://twitter.com/#!/Hot_Bid/status/66719589706379264

+ Show Spoiler +
http://twitpic.com/56ftnv



-Interviews-


http://root-gaming.com/news/root-weekly-4
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
EMPaThy789
Profile Joined July 2009
New Zealand878 Posts
April 12 2011 07:50 GMT
#2
hell yea! sign me up
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
April 12 2011 07:53 GMT
#3
hot bid is the man
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
April 12 2011 07:55 GMT
#4
hot bid fighting sign me up!!
Whatever happens, happens
PaPoolee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands660 Posts
April 12 2011 07:56 GMT
#5
hot bid is awesome! sign me up ;D.
Clafou
Profile Joined November 2010
Belgium921 Posts
April 12 2011 07:57 GMT
#6
Yes, sign me up!
fabulously
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway724 Posts
April 12 2011 07:59 GMT
#7
<3 Hot_Bid, sign me up please!
Welcome back ROOT-gaming - you were never forgotten <3
trancey
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States430 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-12 08:07:12
April 12 2011 08:06 GMT
#8
Sign me up.

He's kind of like the period in Dr. that goes unnoticed in Dr. Pepper. Like the geeky kid building a sand castle on the beach and also the bully that likes to kick them down. He's like the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button at Google.com, always there and guaranteed to be awesome.

The reason Hot_Bid didn't use Happy Potter references in his NASL preview is because if anyone was the Hermoine Granger of TeamLiquid: it's Hot_Bid. (TLO can be Harry Potter).
Nomadic
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom312 Posts
April 12 2011 09:32 GMT
#9
sign me up h to the ot_bid hot_bid fighting
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
April 12 2011 09:39 GMT
#10
sigh me up
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Akamiri
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Vietnam401 Posts
April 12 2011 09:39 GMT
#11
Sign me up!!!!
fell in love with his troll
***SamsungKHAN***TBLS*** :x:x ***NaDa*** BoxeR *** FruitDealer *** MarineKing ***:x Hwaiting~~!!! P.S: I'M A GIRL
enemy2010
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1972 Posts
April 12 2011 09:42 GMT
#12
Where do I find the Chill vs Combat-Ex VOD?
1on1 auf azze no he no flash no awp only holztor. | Ja, da meint der ich hätt' abgeschmatzt, aber dat is Quatsch, verstehste?
Hirnfrost
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany938 Posts
April 12 2011 09:43 GMT
#13
yeah h to the ot_bid hot_bid
sign me up
After Mondays and Tuesdays even the Calender says W T F
Kizlyk
Profile Joined December 2007
Ukraine84 Posts
April 12 2011 09:52 GMT
#14
I always thought that this guy is the best thing that ever happened to this site
Spekulatius
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2413 Posts
April 12 2011 09:53 GMT
#15
Those interviews were so beautifully awkward H to the ot_Bid. Gotta love that guy.
Always smile~
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
April 12 2011 09:56 GMT
#16
You can't spell Hot_Bid without spelling HOT.

If that doesn't tell you how awesome this dude is, then I don't know what can.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
April 12 2011 09:56 GMT
#17
His fanfic of IdrA and TossGirl is one of the most influential pieces of modern literature ever written.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
DrunkenTemplar
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia647 Posts
April 12 2011 10:03 GMT
#18
<3 hot_bid, sign me up
Porkz
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark1027 Posts
April 12 2011 10:04 GMT
#19
Im in, H to the otbid Hotbid forever
Great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
April 12 2011 10:08 GMT
#20
You forgot to mention that he's the best observer on the planet.

Sign me up. <3
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 156
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 887
Larva 637
ggaemo 583
Mind 497
Stork 306
Leta 173
PianO 140
Killer 40
Hyuk 27
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 22
yabsab 21
Dota 2
XcaliburYe40
League of Legends
JimRising 385
Reynor100
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1121
Other Games
summit1g10546
C9.Mang0221
Sick209
Mew2King135
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick567
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2351
League of Legends
• Stunt1491
• Jankos955
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 12m
Online Event
2h 12m
FEL
7h 12m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.