• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:26
CEST 01:26
KST 08:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12180 users

Assembly Winter SteelSeries Challenge [PICS]

Blogs > Piski
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Piski
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Finland3461 Posts
February 13 2011 20:57 GMT
#1
I decided to make a small blog about my experiences in the Assembly Steelseries Challenge LAN/Tournament. I'm going to include some pictures, but don’t expect any professional grade pictures. I’m not a professional photographer and I forgot my flash at home. It was actually quite a big mistake since there really wasn’t any big light sources at the LAN. It was very dark and only light source was computer screens which isn’t that great for taking pictures. I also didn't bothered to edit the pictures besides making them smaller.


Day 1

I have been in Kaapelitehdas, Helsinki many times already (They play a lot of smaller music concerts there) so I knew the layout quite well.

Assembly Winter isn’t as big as Assembly Summer but it concentrates more on games. I was very happy to see they decided to add SC2 to their game list. I think there were pro level CS:S and Team Fortress 2 games? Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I wasn’t too interested in those so I really don’t know.

There event layout looks something like this. First picture was taken right when I came to the event and second one later that evening. In both pictures the computers/tables extend even further out of the picture.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]


Pictures were taken from the 2nd floor which is the progaming floor where all of the pro’s played. 1st floor was full of sponsors, lan people and the main stage. As I’m talking about the main stage it looked like this.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Of course I spend almost all of my time on the 2nd floor so let’s go there. Unfortunately lighting there was even worse but I did manage to find TLO straight away. He was just about to start his games against RoX.KIS.LiveZerg. Here is few pictures from the 2nd floor with players like Tyler, TLO, Morrow, SjoW etc.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]
TLO’s opponent RoX.KIS.LiveZerg is right in front of him behind that wall. Next to TLO there is Empire.Kas.

[image loading]
TLO teddy bear spotted in the right!

[image loading]
TLO and Tyler watching few games. I think it’s HasuObs or Strelok on the left. I could be wrong thought so I’m sorry. There is also SjoW and Morrow in the background waiting for their games.

[image loading]
TLO’s first opponent RoX.KIS.LiveZerg and next to him Lions.StyGGeN.


I don’t really have any more even reasonably good pictures from the 2nd floor from Day 1 so I’m sorry. At some point I left to watch Grubby show matches that was held in the 1st floor. It was supposed to be him playing against his fans, everyday for couple of hours. 1st day every progamer wanted to take him on Here is the pictures from that.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Grubby playing WC3.

[image loading]
Next to him busy playing with her Iphone is his beautiful wife Cassandra.

[image loading]
Here you can actually see his opponent which is MouzNaama. Orc mirror. You can guess who won

[image loading]
His next opponent was Root.QXC and he chose SC2 as his game.

[image loading]
After QXC it was LiquidRet’s turn to take on Grubby and he brought some backup in form of LiquidHuk.

[image loading]
After that even more people came. I think you might recognize some of them


After this I went back upstairs to watch some games. I don’t really have a lot of pictures after this. I think this ended at like 20.00 or 21.00 so the rest of the time I just chilled and watch some pro’s ladder.

Day 2

After waking up I headed straight for the upstairs to watch some more games and here is what I found.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Tyler and Huk watching QXC’s games. Next to him is Satiini. You can see a glimpse of Socke behind the computers.

[image loading]
TLO and ToD playing. HasuObs in the background. Not sure who the other guy is. I want to say Lalush because I know I saw Lalush in the tournament and he didn’t have his beard anymore, but the picture is quite poor It's just my only picture of ToD.

[image loading]
RoX.KiS.Pomi playing against Bischu.


I don’t have that many pictures from the upstairs just because I was kinda sleepy, hungry and mostly just wanted to watch them play. I also actually had to help Team Epsilon in one thing (Team Frotress 2 team) so I was busy. I talked to the manager of Team Epsilon and heard a lot of rumors regarding SC2 but I don’t think I should reveal them here.

When I was done upstairs I went to see some more games of Grubby playing against his fans. I didn’t really take a lot of pictures from it because I already did yesterday. But I did get one with Grubby and few of his fans

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
That’s Grubby with LiquidTyler and LiquidTLO if someone didn’t know already. Tyler looks badass and Grubby looks tall! I’m 183cm so I would guess Grubby is something like 190cm?

Grubby was the only reason I followed the WC3 scene, Tyler/Nony is and always will be one of my all time favorite Broodwar and Starcraft 2 players and TLO is one of the latest addition to my favorite players since beta so I was very happy to take this picture


Rest of my time I spend mostly just watching some great games but here is few pics from the finals.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
The people next of me was Grubby, his wife, TLO and Tyler , HuK, Tarson and well pretty much every progamer in the tournament so it was fun

[image loading]
Starcraft 2 trophy’s are those bigger ones. Notice that 3rd place in Starcraft 2 gives you bigger trophy than 1st places in other games.

[image loading]
Congrats to LiquidRet! MouzMorrow played very well thought. I don’t even remember the last time I saw ZvZ finals.

[image loading]
RoX.KIS.Pomi, M.Tarson, LiquidHuk and M.DieStar

[image loading]
aTn.Socke

[image loading]
M.Adelscott

[image loading]
The runner-up MouzMorrow

[image loading]
The winner of Assembly winter 2011 LiquidRet. Congrats!


Here is just few random pics from the event.

+ Show Spoiler +


[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


I have more of these and I might add some more and edit the old ones. I'm sure the Internet is full of these pictures in a lot better quality but I just wanted to make my own blog about it.

I had a super fun time at Assembly so I'm very happy I decided to go. I got to talk with a lot of pro-gamers and I’m definitely going next year and thinking of going to some other incoming lans. I’m going to be in USA for the summer so I wonder if any MLG’s will land into that timeframe

****
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
February 13 2011 21:01 GMT
#2
Very cool blog, nice pictures as well. Thanks for the work!
ChickenLips
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2912 Posts
February 13 2011 21:02 GMT
#3
great pics, thanks for sharing
❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
February 13 2011 21:03 GMT
#4
Awesome pics :D
http://www.starcraftdream.com
Kolvacs
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1203 Posts
February 13 2011 21:07 GMT
#5
I did not realize that the venue was THAT big!
DemiSe
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
883 Posts
February 13 2011 21:08 GMT
#6
Superb blog. So sad that I didn't go since I love cross sea in Sweden.
Sounds like you had an awesome time @ assembly.
Let's See Who's Stronger, Your Tricks, Or My Skills.
.Enigma.
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1461 Posts
February 13 2011 21:08 GMT
#7
Very nice pics, thanks for sharing 'em.
"Jupiters c*ck!" - Quintus Lentulus Batiatus
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
February 13 2011 21:44 GMT
#8
Awesome pictures and quality blog.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
cLemenZa
Profile Joined November 2010
England66 Posts
February 13 2011 21:48 GMT
#9
Tyler looks like such a handsome badass brotoss
'The sun never sets on the British Empire,' 1919
Cush
Profile Joined September 2010
United States646 Posts
February 13 2011 21:53 GMT
#10
Tyler looks like more of a baddass because of the lighting
"That's not your main base Stardust.....Stardust.....that's not your main" Sayle
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
February 13 2011 21:54 GMT
#11
AdelScott looks like a crazy man, Tyler looks fucking intense in the one pic with Grubby and TLO, and Ret is pretty sexy with that jacket on :D

Awesome pictures!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
AWakefield
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada420 Posts
February 13 2011 22:11 GMT
#12
Nice pictures. Looks like it was huge blast. I'm sad TLO didn't go farther ( I love TLO) but super pumped for Ret. Go Liquid!
xLethargicax
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States469 Posts
February 13 2011 22:13 GMT
#13
Awesome blog, man! Thanks for the pictures!
Baerinho
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany257 Posts
February 13 2011 22:14 GMT
#14
haha the trophy size pics are awesome
xand
Profile Joined September 2010
United States65 Posts
February 13 2011 22:15 GMT
#15
Lol I love how as you go from fourth to first the players hair gets shorter.
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
February 13 2011 22:37 GMT
#16
Nice set of pictures; thanks for sharing them with us!

I'm impressed: several of those guys are looking pretty sharp. ("Well-dressed" if that doesn't translate well for you non-English speakers.)

In the pictures where he's playing against Grubby, Ret looks like some type of mafia boss, lol.
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
February 13 2011 23:05 GMT
#17
Nice pics =)
Thurokiir
Profile Joined June 2010
United States779 Posts
February 13 2011 23:39 GMT
#18
Wow huk w/ the new hoodie and gratz to Ret! =D such a baller.
Tahts halo dont worry
FlashIsHigh
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States474 Posts
February 14 2011 00:02 GMT
#19
Thanks for sharing, it must have been so much fun to be there and meet all the progamers.
KT Flash// WhiteRa/Scarlett/Naniwa/MC/Huk/Nony
DarkGeneral
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Canada328 Posts
February 14 2011 00:48 GMT
#20
man so awesome!

I love this generation of media. Imagine if we had all this communication and multimedia back in Sc1 days? :D

Thanks for sharing
"Everybody gotta die some time, righ'?" - Wraith Pilot
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings37
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta11
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O118
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9542
Artosis 722
ZZZero.O 118
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
Doublelift5580
JimRising 353
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe15
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4075
Other Games
summit1g9430
FrodaN2209
Liquid`RaSZi1894
Livibee457
C9.Mang0413
Maynarde157
ArmadaUGS42
Mew2King42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1183
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• musti20045 32
• Sammyuel 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1567
• Scarra1243
• Shiphtur628
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 34m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.