• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:39
CEST 17:39
KST 00:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7730 users

GSL Jan. C-S Finals: Who Wins? KR Progamers Polled

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Selith
Profile Joined September 2010
United States238 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-27 08:43:33
January 27 2011 04:58 GMT
#1
An interesting tidbit from thisisgame.
Many famous Korean SC2 progamers were polled on who might win and why.

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=580352&board=&category=13438&subcategory=&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TSL.FruitDealer

Bets on: MarineKingPrime.WE Win, by 4:1 or 4:2

Comment: In the case of the finals, it is not something you know the results just by seeing the skills of the players.

Especially so, in such a big event like the finals, the tension is simply ridiculous. IMmvp does not yet have any experience being in a finals, and it will all boil down to how well he'll handle being there. It might just be a difference of one finals between the two, the experience difference itself cannot be ignored. Therefore, I foresee MarineKingPrime.WE to win.

IMJunwi

Bets on: IMmvp Win, by 4:1

Comment: There is no way to defeat IMmvp with just marine-based play. Of course, there's no meaning to the name of "Marine King" if he doesn't use any Marines. Even if he brings a totally new strategy never shown before, he will not break down the great wall of IMmvp.

oGs.TheWinD

Bets on: Unpredictable, 4:3 Close Game

Comment: I can't guess who's going to win. Both are the current top Terran players right now. Whoever wins, I foresee a close game of 4:3.

HongUnPrime.WE

Comment: I don't give a damn about a Terran winning. Next season, a Protoss will surely win.

Jong-uk Won (STARTALE Coach)

Bets on: IMmvp Win, by 4:2

Comment: Both players should know how the other plays at this point, but I believe MarineKingPrime.WE's playstyle is likely to be very easy to deal with for IMmvp. MarineKingPrime.WE has a speedy, aggressive timing push as his style. In contrast, IMmvp's playstyle is around overall, very sturdy gameplay. It looks to be extremely challenging to defeat IMmvp's sturdy plays using Marine-oriented gameplay. Seeing that, I expect to see IMmvp to win.

oGsNada

Bets on: IMmvp Win, by 4:3

Comments: As a person who have battled both players, I can say that they are both good. To compare, IMmvp can bring a scary decisive push, but MarineKingPrime.WE has a better overall understanding of the game in my opinion. However, in TvT, I personally think IMmvp has an advantage. So, I decide that IMmvp will win with his decisiveness and his sturdy plays.

choyafOu

Bets on: IMmvp Win, by 4:2

Comments: I've faced both players before, and I think that IMmvp plays better. I even fell Into despair thinking, "What can I do to defeat him?". Of course, MarineKingPrime.WE also plays very well, but still, IMmvp is just a bit more ahead of him.

CheckPrime.WE

Bets on: MarineKingPrime.WE Win, by 4:3

Comments: Within the Prime team itself, there are many Terran players such as MakaPrime.WE and HannibalPrime.WE. He can certainly practice with other teams, but the fact he is able to practice while sharing real-time comments give MarineKingPrime.WE an edge over IMmvp. IMmvp should not think that he is just taking on MarineKingPrime.WE. He should do well to think that he is taking on all of Prime's Terran.

SlayerSBoxeR

Bets on: Unpredictable, 4:3 Close Game

Comments: With recent plays and their momentum, I cannot predict who will win. Both players will certainly bring variety of plays, but I expect that in the end, we will see the end of 1 Barrack Double play. There won't be a lopsided results this time, and I foresee a 4:3 close match.

IMNesTea

Bets on: IMmvp Win, 4:1

Comments: It's clear to me that IMmvp has this. I've personally seen how strong he is in the recent finals in an event tournament. I don't think there's anyone who can defeat him. In fact, I had to put in more effort preparing for the finals vs. MarineKingPrime.WE than the actual finals match I had against him. To date, the best player -- including Terrans and everyone else -- is IMmvp, bar none.

oGsMC

Bets on: MarineKingPrime.WE Win, 4:3

Comments: It is very difficult to predict due to both players being incredibly talented. Both have excellent understanding of Terran race, as well as top play capacity. But personally, I want to see MarineKingPrime.WE to win. Don't you think achieving a second place two times in a row, a little cruel?

FOXMoon

Bets on: IMmvp Win, 4:3

Comments: Recently, IMmvp has been on a roll moreso than MarineKingPrime.WE. It is difficult to stop a momentum like that. In order for MarineKingPrime.WE to win, he must bring variety of tactics for every match, but even so, wouldn't it still be difficult to defeat IMmvp?

Genius

Bets on: IMmvp Win, 4:2

Comments: The results from the recent event tournament seem to tell ahead of time who's going to win. IMmvp of today is too strong. Only weakness he has is whether he can deal with being in the center stage of the finals, but I believe IMNesTea can help him with that. So, there is no weakness whatsoever for IMmvp this finals.
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
January 27 2011 05:02 GMT
#2
On January 27 2011 13:58 HongUnPrime.WE wrote:
Comment: I don't give a F about a Terran winning. Next season, a Protoss will surely win.

I lol'ed at this. His hatred of terran is so much he doesn't even support his own teammate??
Luoson
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand153 Posts
January 27 2011 05:03 GMT
#3
I love hongunprimes comment, made me lol

My bet is IMmvp 4-2
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
January 27 2011 05:03 GMT
#4
Thanks for translating this, I remember similar progamer polls for sweet finals like FvJ or proleague in BW. Hongun cracked me up, lol
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
sAfuRos
Profile Joined March 2009
United States743 Posts
January 27 2011 05:06 GMT
#5
Hongun representttt
sAfuRos // twitch.tv/sAfuRos // contact for coaching
walklightwhat
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia752 Posts
January 27 2011 05:06 GMT
#6
Thanks for translating. Fun read.

Hongun is funny.

Personally, I'm with TheWind. I can't really predict a winner, I believe either could take it.
Tippany
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States765 Posts
January 27 2011 05:06 GMT
#7
Hahahaha that's why I cheer for HongUn!
Real action, my dream.
Raine
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada210 Posts
January 27 2011 05:08 GMT
#8
Hahah Hongun is so funny. Hopefully his prediction for next season comes true.
MVP 4-2 fo sho
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
January 27 2011 05:08 GMT
#9
Wow HongUn is a bit of a fool for that comment.. i hope it was meant as a joke but you can't really interpret tone in a written interview.. oh well..

I like this .. there is a lot of faith in MKP .. i thought MVP would be the favourite hands down.. oh well, it should be a super close series (i hope)!

Thanks for the translation
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
January 27 2011 05:09 GMT
#10
HongUn is awesome. I'm rooting for MKP. Can't wait!
Life is Good.
Ysorigin
Profile Joined April 2010
United States82 Posts
January 27 2011 05:09 GMT
#11
I hope they do this for all future GSL's
This is probably my favorite article type thing I have seen regarding the GSL so far
I lol'd when I saw Hongun's comment and was surprised they put it in there still
A bachelor is a selfish undeserving guy who has cheated some poor woman out of a divorce
MahatmaSC2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States192 Posts
January 27 2011 05:10 GMT
#12
Woo! Go Mvp! Although MKP winning wouldn't be bad either! as long as it's a Terran! :D
Team ZeNEX fighting!
Selith
Profile Joined September 2010
United States238 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-27 05:29:47
January 27 2011 05:11 GMT
#13
On January 27 2011 14:09 Ysorigin wrote:
I hope they do this for all future GSL's
This is probably my favorite article type thing I have seen regarding the GSL so far
I lol'd when I saw Hongun's comment and was surprised they put it in there still


Hongun's actual comment is not that harsh though. Literally translated, it would be more like "I'm not interested in seeing a Terran winning", but the fact he didn't even comment on who might win, and his original sentence is on a condescending tone (따위 is used, which is to see something in a low regards or condescending), I decided my translation would go well with it.
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
January 27 2011 05:12 GMT
#14
Nestea considers MVP a god or something, lol
deerpark87
Profile Joined January 2011
760 Posts
January 27 2011 05:13 GMT
#15
lol HongUn's terran hatred overcomes his support for his prime teammate.
ZerOfy
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom405 Posts
January 27 2011 05:16 GMT
#16
HongUnPrime is on the ball.
My life for Aiur!
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
January 27 2011 05:17 GMT
#17
HongUn too good.
TranslatorBaa!
chenchen
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1136 Posts
January 27 2011 05:17 GMT
#18
MVP is probably the most solid player on Earth right now both with his mechanics and his understanding of the game, but MKP has his miracle factor and godly split second decision making.

I say MKP 4:3 or 4:2.
powerade = dragoon blood
Tennet
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1458 Posts
January 27 2011 05:19 GMT
#19
MC and MKP were teammates back in BW, I wonder if that influenced his decision anymore than just cruel of being 2nd twice, i also wonder if what MKP promised Jinro about winning had anything to do with it.
"The harder it gets, the more you need to focus on the basics." - Seo Gyung Jong
HeroHenry
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1723 Posts
January 27 2011 05:20 GMT
#20
I agree with MC's comment. MKP please show that MVP isn't invincible.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1196
ComeBackTV 924
SteadfastSC909
TaKeTV 580
IndyStarCraft 175
Rex145
EnkiAlexander 83
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 909
IndyStarCraft 175
Rex 145
ProTech132
BRAT_OK 30
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45775
Bisu 2224
Horang2 1094
EffOrt 979
Soma 618
Shuttle 597
Mini 457
BeSt 446
Light 426
Hyuk 386
[ Show more ]
Larva 344
ZerO 201
Rush 192
firebathero 78
Mong 66
910 61
Snow 59
Pusan 53
Liquid`Ret 51
Sexy 39
ToSsGirL 34
Trap 30
Aegong 25
JYJ 24
Terrorterran 24
Bale 23
Rock 16
Shine 13
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8066
qojqva894
Counter-Strike
Fnx 814
fl0m336
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1406
Khaldor1218
Other Games
singsing1947
hiko1471
Beastyqt608
Livibee205
Hui .177
ArmadaUGS158
Liquid`VortiX138
XaKoH 123
KnowMe113
Mew2King82
QueenE79
ZerO(Twitch)11
CosmosSc2 2
DeMusliM0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile132
• poizon28 30
• StrangeGG 23
• Gemini_19 9
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• Michael_bg 8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3838
Other Games
• Shiphtur300
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 21m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 21m
Online Event
19h 21m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.