• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:57
CEST 23:57
KST 06:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9642 users

[Interview] SKT1 vs. ACE Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-19 21:32:39
December 19 2010 15:10 GMT
#1
AIR FORCE ACE WINS 4:2!!

(T)firebathero-(T)XellOs: "We had a very big desire to win."

[image loading]

[Fomos Reporter Lee, Jung Han] Today's build was an Air Force 3-star Lieutenant-General build that excluded ground units. (T/N: If you got a better one for this, come talk to me.)

-How does it feel to lead your team to victory?
FBH: An opponent I didn't expect came up, so I was surprised, but I told myself to just stick to the fundamentals and played hard. The game went well because I calmly overcame a disadvantageous situation.
Xellos: The desire to win was big, but when I stepped into the booth my mind was emptied. So I just played comfortably, and I think I was able to win because of that. I feel really good about it.

-It's your first MVP in a while.
Xellos: It's been so long since I got the award. I had tremendous mental stress because I didn't get to play much. For the remainder of my time here, I will treat it as if these are the last days of my life and play my best.

-Who did you expect to come out?
FBH: I thought, "Of course (T)Ssak will come out." Seeing (T)Flash lose made me practice like crazy, but seeing him come out in the first set made me relieved and regretful at the same time. He's the one who won against GOD (Flash), so the burden on me was great.

-Your management with SK Terran was good.
FBH: I used a very special no-ground 3-star Air Force Lieutenant-General Commander build. (T/N: That's literally what it says. Silly, huh?) I thought about mixing in more ground units at the end, but I thought, "I need to end this with the power of Air Force," so I focused on making vessels. Moreover, take note of my marines. Marines, like me, are privates, but you need them, right? Near the end of the game, I built many CCs around the map, but it didn't get captured on screen, so I was a little disappointed.

-You tried to do an offensive CC, which you don't usually do.
Xellos: The flow of the match was going SK's way, so the morale of the team was very low. As Sergeant, you need to up the morale of the team, so I did the CC ceremony.

-You won decisively even though you had a build order disadvantage.
Xellos: I poked with my vulture and sensed that he was going 2-starports, so I adjusted immediately and got the positive effect out of it. I practice a lot with FBH, but I get very frustrated because he's too good on [the map] Fortress. Since FBH got me so many times, I was able to win with what I learned from practice. For example, FBH's very good at calculating tank range in the center of the map, so I got beat a lot. Today, I played like FBH in practice.

-Air Force Ace seems to be stronger now.
Xellos: ACE is developing a lot, so I am very happy. Ace is a team with a lot of potential, so please keep both eyes on us. Before, the team atmosphere was very rigid like the military, but now it's more sociable, letting us practice harder together and focus on the game.

-How does it feel to win with Xellos?
FBH: Ever since I started, I always said I admired him. I really liked the Perfect Terran's play. That's why I try to copy his play a lot.
Xellos: I like FBH a lot as well, so when I heard he's coming to the team I was very happy. I can't just show me losing in front of FBH, so I'm working harder now.

-You'll be discharged before the season's over. Are there any regrets?
Xellos: I have about 3 months left in my military service. During my time here, my results haven't been very good. I will work hard to make up everything I haven't done in my final three months

-Any final words?
FBH: I haven't shown good results in TvZ lately, but I showed that when I don't get damaged by muta-ling [early], I can play this good of a [late] game, so I am very happy. I will continue practice defending against muta-ling harass.
Xellos: My fan's haven't been coming a lot since I haven't made many appearances, but recently I saw a few who came. I would like to thank those fans because it's because of them I gained the strength to work harder.

Link:http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=113582&db=interview&cate=001&page=1&field=&kwrd=

(Z)ggaemo-(Z)Peace, "We're happy to have played fun games."

[image loading]

[Fomos Reporter Lee, Jung Han] Sergeant (Z)GoRush helped a lot

-How do you feel to have contributed to the team's win?
ggaemo: I'm happy that I won a very fun game. I'm also glad to have played a part in the team's win.
Peace: It was my first game in a long time, so I was shaking. I'm happy to win my first game as a member of Air Force Ace, and I will continue to strive to be a contributing member of the team.

-The game was chaotic.
ggaemo: (T)yeOngJae used a strategy I didn't think about, so I was take aback. However, I felt that he didn't prepare for my strategy as well, so I played without thinking I was behind. At first I got overlord speed, seeing 2-port wraith, so my mutalisk count was low. So the game went slightly bad for me. It was a little uncertain, but I told myself to play the game with full concentration to the end.

-In the end, you won the base trade.
ggaemo: Even I had fun in that game. I thought the one who had the higher concentration would win, so I did my best. I had no way to block the Terran army, so I was left with no choice but to take down vessels, but it went well.

-How do you feel to play for the first time in a while?
Peace: I practiced a lot, but since it was my first game in a while I didn't play perfect. All the practice helped a lot.

-(T)Iris got the opportunity before you.
Peace: I wanted to go out and win soon as well. That's why I'm practicing a lot.

-Coming out in a 3:2 lead situation must've lifted the pressure a bit.
Peace: Before Xellos won, so I played with the must-not-lose mindset.

-You also played a chaotic game. (T/N 난전 literally means a rough-and-tumble)
Peace: I decided I had the lead after blocking the zealot and shuttle harassments. I felt that I could do whatever I want and win, but I sustained a huge loss in the big battle due to control mistakes, which I believe led to the chaos. I am a little disappointed about that.

-Your ZvP was seen as weak before coming to ACE.
Peace: Normally, I enjoy ZvP, but the results in broadcast games didn't follow. My victory today had to do more with my opponent making mistakes than with me playing well.

-Having won against 1st-place SKT1, you now can potentially ride on the momentum.
ggaemo: Since we won against the best team, I feel we can end round 2 with a good score if we continue to play with this kind of spirit.

-The team looks stronger than ever.
ggaemo: If you look at our team now, we are strong because our racial balance is good and our abilities are outstanding.

-Any last comments?
ggaemo: Both mine and Peace's builds were recommended by Seargeant Gorush. I think we were able to win because of them. Thank you.
Peace: As I was preparing for my game today Seargeant Gorush came and taught me all the ins and outs of Benzene. Rock also gave me many pointers in practice. I won today because of them, so thank you both.

Link:http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=113581&db=interview&cate=001&page=1&field=&kwrd=

Please point out anything that could be done better so i can fix them. Thank you.
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
December 19 2010 15:14 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translations. it's been a while since i've heard from firebathero and espcially xellos.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51544 Posts
December 19 2010 15:23 GMT
#3
I like the new name for SK terran.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
December 19 2010 15:24 GMT
#4
Thank you very much!

FBH is so damn cool it's not even funny. :D Can't wait to read ggaemo's interview after that ridiculous game. ^__^
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
December 19 2010 15:24 GMT
#5
thank you for translating!!!! nobody ever does ACE interviews, and a Xellos win is even more rare than that, so the two of those together are simply delightful~
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
hellbound
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2242 Posts
December 19 2010 15:27 GMT
#6
Mussssst use moar vessels haha. Thank you very much, I've been looking out for the interviews whole day... happy times
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
December 19 2010 15:32 GMT
#7
I think FBH might be the best abuser of Vessels in the scene. God, I'm gonna go and rewatch FBH vs Savior on Python now. ^__^
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
December 19 2010 15:36 GMT
#8
Hope to see a lot more of Xellos.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
Metalwing
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Turkey1038 Posts
December 19 2010 15:39 GMT
#9
I would like Artosis to commentate XellOs' game. "SO MANY COMMAND CENTERS!!!"
#1 CheckPrime fan // Terrans gonna Terran
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51544 Posts
December 19 2010 15:43 GMT
#10
On December 20 2010 00:39 Metalwing wrote:
I would like Artosis to commentate XellOs' game. "SO MANY COMMAND CENTERS!!!"


hahaha yes!

I hope your next post is a blog post.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
December 19 2010 15:43 GMT
#11
xellos chews fantasy like a play toy happy days :D
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
invisible.terran
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States280 Posts
December 19 2010 15:44 GMT
#12
It's been ages since xellOs played, this is so cool awesome :D ty for the translation
"Until the very very top, in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in, the only problem is most people cant work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they dont have a real passion for." - Idra
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
December 19 2010 15:55 GMT
#13
dunno why their faces make me lol so hard
waiting for ggaemo's iview. the game against JyJ is so crazy
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
December 19 2010 15:58 GMT
#14
Haha, I just noticed how FBH has tendency of going air ever since he joined Air Force.

Also, looking forward to ggaemo's interview!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
December 19 2010 16:01 GMT
#15
On December 20 2010 00:58 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Haha, I just noticed how FBH has tendency of going air ever since he joined Air Force.

Also, looking forward to ggaemo's interview!


Pity his mass wraith play against ForGG didn't work out. =[
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
December 19 2010 16:39 GMT
#16
Ah Xellos ORIGINALLY god of TvT! (didn't he invent the dropship plays in modern TvTs?) Anyways ty for translation!
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
December 19 2010 16:56 GMT
#17
FBH a fan of showmanship? That's nice to know. He never forgot about the fans even when he can't do his crazy ceremonies.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
alypse
Profile Joined May 2010
2784 Posts
December 19 2010 17:01 GMT
#18
The team of badasses wins = joy and happiness for me. And FUCK YES FBH! Prove to everyone that your 100 wins goal is not a mere fantasy!
KT Violet 1988 - 2012
astalkulo
Profile Joined October 2007
United States444 Posts
December 19 2010 17:36 GMT
#19
so from the interview it seems air force is giving them more time to practice which would make more sense since they are winning more game, They also seemed to have a better race distribution i really hope they do better in the future and who knows maybe ace to the finals
Welmu
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Finland3295 Posts
December 19 2010 18:24 GMT
#20
I want ggaemo interview! >.<
Progamertwitter.com/welmu1 | twitch.com/Welmu1
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
Nina 106
Nathanias 104
SpeCial 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12447
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3029
JimRising 434
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox35
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5005
Khaldor1294
Liquid`Hasu884
Other Games
summit1g7307
fl0m841
shahzam503
FrodaN165
ArmadaUGS115
Mew2King80
NeuroSwarm63
JuggernautJason47
ViBE39
PPMD15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie855
• Scarra306
• Shiphtur210
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 3m
Stellar Fest
15h 3m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.