• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:23
CEST 04:23
KST 11:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6222 users

lolol losing streak blog.

Blogs > PH
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
November 05 2010 09:27 GMT
#1
I'm like 1-6...really fucking frustrated.

I'm losing to shit I know how to beat. I'm losing to the most retarded cheese rushes I've ever seen, and I'm losing to being a complete retard and droning waaay past safe timing.

I was low level diamond for a couple months after the game came out, then got knocked down to plat after a pretty bad losing streak over a few days. Now I've stopped playing as often and I'm stuck there. My actual rank is probably somewhere in plat anyway, if my recent play is any indication -_-

What's tilting me more than anything is how bm these fag cheesers are. The vast majority of people who will play a relatively normal game against me are fairly nice...some "glhf" at the start and most "gg" at the end.

But the cheesing asshats? Every game is accompanied by a fair amount of trash talk. Some have even sent me tells after the game to further remind me of how bad I am - as if I really need them to tell me.

lol I hate how easy it is to find a new ladder game with the new bnet. I'm getting more and more frustrated but just can't stop hitting that "Find Match" button.

*
Hello
village_idiot
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
2436 Posts
November 05 2010 09:32 GMT
#2
When I'm on a losing streak I play custom.

It relaxes me.
positron.
Profile Joined May 2010
634 Posts
November 05 2010 09:36 GMT
#3
It's alrite man. I got kicked out of diamond too a few days ago after a losing streak. I am number one in plat now though. It feels good to be a big fish in a small pond :D. Anyway, I still get to play diamond players so not much has changed.

The number one tell that your opponent is a cheeser is that he plays random. I think those guys learn one cheese for each race and just rocking the ladder with it. Especially on small map.
bobhund
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden364 Posts
November 05 2010 09:42 GMT
#4
Watching the replays when you loose is really good imo. Calms you down and you learn from your mistakes.
Editor in chief at Rakaka.se
spoolinoveryou
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States503 Posts
November 05 2010 09:49 GMT
#5
Everyone has their good and bad days in laddering.
Just keep your chin up and focus on the next match!
whats good?
LunarC
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1186 Posts
November 05 2010 09:57 GMT
#6
On November 05 2010 18:36 positron. wrote:
It's alrite man. I got kicked out of diamond too a few days ago after a losing streak. I am number one in plat now though. It feels good to be a big fish in a small pond :D. Anyway, I still get to play diamond players so not much has changed.

The number one tell that your opponent is a cheeser is that he plays random. I think those guys learn one cheese for each race and just rocking the ladder with it. Especially on small map.

I don't. :[
REEBUH!!!
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
November 05 2010 10:07 GMT
#7
On November 05 2010 18:36 positron. wrote:
It's alrite man. I got kicked out of diamond too a few days ago after a losing streak. I am number one in plat now though. It feels good to be a big fish in a small pond :D. Anyway, I still get to play diamond players so not much has changed.

The number one tell that your opponent is a cheeser is that he plays random. I think those guys learn one cheese for each race and just rocking the ladder with it. Especially on small map.

SERIOUSLY.

On November 05 2010 18:42 bobhund wrote:
Watching the replays when you loose is really good imo. Calms you down and you learn from your mistakes.

Yeah, I make a point to watch reps. Most games I already know why I lost before I even gg out, though. That makes it doubly depressing, lol.
Hello
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
November 05 2010 10:18 GMT
#8
Yeah I was like 1-5 earlier today but I just played more and I'm at like 8-6 now. Winning streaks feel so good after losing streaks.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
November 05 2010 10:47 GMT
#9
Just play some random 3v3's for a change. You can still practice your mechanics and everything there.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
bobhund
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden364 Posts
November 05 2010 11:06 GMT
#10
On November 05 2010 19:07 PH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2010 18:36 positron. wrote:
It's alrite man. I got kicked out of diamond too a few days ago after a losing streak. I am number one in plat now though. It feels good to be a big fish in a small pond :D. Anyway, I still get to play diamond players so not much has changed.

The number one tell that your opponent is a cheeser is that he plays random. I think those guys learn one cheese for each race and just rocking the ladder with it. Especially on small map.

SERIOUSLY.

Show nested quote +
On November 05 2010 18:42 bobhund wrote:
Watching the replays when you loose is really good imo. Calms you down and you learn from your mistakes.

Yeah, I make a point to watch reps. Most games I already know why I lost before I even gg out, though. That makes it doubly depressing, lol.

Well it makes the problem really sink in imo. I usualy do not loose against the same thing for quite a while atlest, makes up for a really steady play in the long run I think. Have not played that many games so :p
Editor in chief at Rakaka.se
positron.
Profile Joined May 2010
634 Posts
November 05 2010 11:25 GMT
#11
On November 05 2010 18:57 LunarC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2010 18:36 positron. wrote:
It's alrite man. I got kicked out of diamond too a few days ago after a losing streak. I am number one in plat now though. It feels good to be a big fish in a small pond :D. Anyway, I still get to play diamond players so not much has changed.

The number one tell that your opponent is a cheeser is that he plays random. I think those guys learn one cheese for each race and just rocking the ladder with it. Especially on small map.

I don't. :[


Then I guess you're one of the few stand up guys in your lot then. I am going to start my greetings toward any random from now on like this "fucking cheeser, prepare to be raped." I just got this one random idiot tried to 8 pool me on LT and failed pretty horribly. How that guy made it to plat is beyond me.
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
November 05 2010 12:18 GMT
#12
On November 05 2010 20:25 positron. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2010 18:57 LunarC wrote:
On November 05 2010 18:36 positron. wrote:
It's alrite man. I got kicked out of diamond too a few days ago after a losing streak. I am number one in plat now though. It feels good to be a big fish in a small pond :D. Anyway, I still get to play diamond players so not much has changed.

The number one tell that your opponent is a cheeser is that he plays random. I think those guys learn one cheese for each race and just rocking the ladder with it. Especially on small map.

I don't. :[


Then I guess you're one of the few stand up guys in your lot then. I am going to start my greetings toward any random from now on like this "fucking cheeser, prepare to be raped." I just got this one random idiot tried to 8 pool me on LT and failed pretty horribly. How that guy made it to plat is beyond me.


I don´t think I´ve ever been cheesed by a random, you always prepare for it when it´s random but it never comes.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
November 05 2010 12:32 GMT
#13
1-6, sometimes I go 0-10. If you are losing too much just get up move around , play some other game or watch something for a bit and come back. Playing with frustration wont get you anywhere.
Darren1337
Profile Joined October 2010
Ireland73 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-05 12:33:54
November 05 2010 12:33 GMT
#14
Just persist. Sounds like you just had bad luck : (
Uniden!
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
November 05 2010 12:45 GMT
#15
I know how you feel PH. Sometimes I feel so unrewarded by the way I play - generally I like risky eco builds - but seemingly when I have a massive hand up on my opponents - they come in with some crappy 1 base play and I get rolled.

Oh well. You have my axe brother.
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
November 05 2010 13:07 GMT
#16
You are good. Before my last game (that I won), I was on an 11 games lose streak.

If you dont believe me:

[image loading]


And what was the reason for such a ridiculous losing streak? Last week and the week before I had to write my Final Paper and prepare a ppt presentation for my course in the university, so I was under this unconfortable pressure. I should not be playing at all, but I kept going for 11 games.

Are you under some kind of pressure that is not related to SC? That might be the reason, just do what should be done before starting up SC games

cheers
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
barth
Profile Joined March 2008
Ireland1272 Posts
November 05 2010 13:36 GMT
#17
I don`t know if that`s the problem you`re having but don`t ever play when you`re frustrated. If you lost and you`re angry take some time to do other stuff and cool off. If it will make you feel better my game crashed a few minutes ago while playing my 5th placement on US, now I`m in fucking gold.
"Somebody you are talking to disappears mid sentence, and the universe shoots you because you talked to someone that wasn`t there." - MasterOfChaos
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-05 13:53:30
November 05 2010 13:50 GMT
#18
Didn't play for almost 2 weeks cuz I was busy with work and all. Now that I had time yesterday I went on to play few games. I went T which I have never played seriously so I don't know the BO on ladder.
It was on my smurf accoutn and I started at 33-16 and ended up at 33-29.
Not demoted yet from Diamond.

Edit:
Oh and I don't mind though even if it was on my main account. Losing isn't bad as long as you learn something from it. It's just the mindset people can't switch which makes it harder for you to improve.
Even if it's cheese and you KNOW how to beat it. It just means you need to be more efficient in executing the counter or maybe it's a part of micro. Check into these things first before you go raging.
I always tell myself when I lose that I should look onto the things I didn't do with the information that I had. Usually goes with timing or scouting on opponent.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
silentreality
Profile Joined March 2008
Korea (South)222 Posts
November 05 2010 14:48 GMT
#19
I've gotten off work after 3am every day for the past 2 weeks. Even though by the time I get home, take a shower, and basically get ready to sleep it's almost 4am..I try to sneak in a game of SC2 because I'm actually too full of caffeine to sleep right away. I've lost every single game so far except one . (I think somewhere along the line of.. 14~15 games total).

What's weird is for some reason, losing helps me sleep. I get really pissed for a while.. then while I watch the replays I notice all the stupid things I did.. which calms me down. The one game I did win.. I ended up so pumped I played again.. and lost
n3mo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States298 Posts
November 05 2010 15:05 GMT
#20
lolol dude i haven't won a 1v1 in about 3 weeks. i've given up and just played team games, since my team got placed in bronze, and we just try ridiculous things like mass queens, double expand before pool, and the like.
My hatred for [banelings] is way greater than my compassion
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 195
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2516
NotJumperer 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever798
NeuroSwarm147
Other Games
summit1g8349
Coldzera 777
Day[9].tv736
JimRising 606
C9.Mang0359
PiGStarcraft160
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick681
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream350
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv736
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 37m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.