• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:04
CEST 07:04
KST 14:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7489 users

When in a losing streak...

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Comps
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia25 Posts
October 07 2010 23:30 GMT
#1
what do you guys think is the best thing to do?

play more or take a break?


Usually, when i go into a "funk", I tend to play more games thinking I would eventually get off it ... but end up losing more games lol





chadissilent
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1187 Posts
October 07 2010 23:32 GMT
#2
Went 0-7 this morning. I took a break to go hand in an assignment, have lunch, grab a coffee. Hopped back on and went 5-0.

Breaks are good since they let your brain rest and the "losing feeling" go away.
Comps
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia25 Posts
October 07 2010 23:33 GMT
#3
yeah i hate that "losing feeling"

it really takes something off you, makes you feel sluggish and all lol
piroko139
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States261 Posts
October 07 2010 23:34 GMT
#4
I watch anime or play another game. Considering how I'm typically an RPG player, I usually have a couple RPGs lying around that I can console up to cool things off, and it'll last me a while (DQ9 is my savior atm).
Slidd
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
29 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-07 23:35:54
October 07 2010 23:35 GMT
#5
Take a break, play some custom games like the multitasking trainer or go watch a movie.
Suspense
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States500 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-07 23:44:58
October 07 2010 23:40 GMT
#6
And try the search option.. there are quite a few of these already.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=142700

Edited to add a link... to make this post at least helpful.
Call me Mr. Tripped-Fell-Landed-On-1-A
SmoKe93
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany162 Posts
October 07 2010 23:40 GMT
#7
I personally like to go outside and smoke a cigarrete, think about all my games and my mistakes. Then i keep on playing
Arcanne
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1519 Posts
October 07 2010 23:41 GMT
#8
I usually take a break
Professional tech investor, part time DotA scrub | Follow @AllMeasures on Twitter
XdsZmX
Profile Joined July 2010
21 Posts
October 07 2010 23:42 GMT
#9
Personally, I just keep playing until I get my win, keeping in mind what I did wrong to lose in the previous games.
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
October 07 2010 23:42 GMT
#10
When i start on a losing streak, i usually play some custom games or 4v4s to get rid of steam. It doesn't help when i get triple 6pooled and 2gated in the same game.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
October 07 2010 23:42 GMT
#11
Small break. Try not to do what I did and ragequit after 1 game that increased my losing streak then didn't play for another day or two. I think I went 0-8, playing just 1 game a day then turning the game off if I lost. The day I decided to play more than 1 game, I started winning again. Personally I can't play more than 3-4 games before I need to take a break, regardless if I'm winning or not.
e4e5nf3
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada599 Posts
October 07 2010 23:46 GMT
#12
I just remember that there is an auto matchmaking system that will eventually find me players I can beat, so I keep playing.
King takes Queen
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
October 07 2010 23:46 GMT
#13
On October 08 2010 08:34 piroko139 wrote:
I watch anime or play another game. Considering how I'm typically an RPG player, I usually have a couple RPGs lying around that I can console up to cool things off, and it'll last me a while (DQ9 is my savior atm).


same here. i'm currently playing 3 rpgs on the side (valkyria chronicles, resonance of fate, eternal sonata) just to take my mind off of SC2 when i go on a bad run.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
FoxSpirit
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria160 Posts
October 07 2010 23:48 GMT
#14
Yeah, take a break. If you get into a "funk" when loosing, things will go really awry. I mean, after 12 games or so you are bound to come aginst someone horrible but man, not the best practice.
Q.Q because of PewPew
Comps
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia25 Posts
October 07 2010 23:49 GMT
#15
On October 08 2010 08:46 e4e5nf3 wrote:
I just remember that there is an auto matchmaking system that will eventually find me players I can beat, so I keep playing.



hahaha but if feels even worse when you were slightly favored over someone and you still end up losing...

Fraidnot
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States824 Posts
October 07 2010 23:52 GMT
#16
15-30 minute break, just long enough to process your losses and think about something else. You don't want to get your head stuck in a gutter.
blith
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada69 Posts
October 07 2010 23:57 GMT
#17
take a break.

recollect yourself.

and ull win again
slam
Profile Joined May 2010
United States923 Posts
October 07 2010 23:58 GMT
#18
...

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/search.php?q=losing streak
I get it.
Vaporized
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1471 Posts
October 07 2010 23:59 GMT
#19
On October 08 2010 08:42 scottyyy wrote:
Small break. Try not to do what I did and ragequit after 1 game that increased my losing streak then didn't play for another day or two. I think I went 0-8, playing just 1 game a day then turning the game off if I lost. The day I decided to play more than 1 game, I started winning again. Personally I can't play more than 3-4 games before I need to take a break, regardless if I'm winning or not.

somebody posted on tl a while back that around 200 ladder games the stress goes away (ie need to take a break). in my experience this is definetly the case.

personally i think the stress came from not knowing what the opponent was doing even if i scouted. after 200 ladder games and 150 custom games when i scout i know what is coming more often then not. i find that the level of stress i feel when playing goes down significantly if im not worried about everything that could be coming my way, only what IS coming and what i need to defend.

i tend to get frustrated these days by cheeses that ive never seen before. i was raging pretty hard this morning when in 2 of my first 3 games terrans built around 5-10 marines and pushed with them +3ish scvs. the first game i lost bad (RAGE). the second game i had a baneling nest but didnt morph any in time (rage, but not as bad and mainly focused on my own failures as a zerg). the third time someone did this to me today i crushed them, he even proxied his barracks and built a bunker, but i had banelings in time and as soon as his marines were decimated he quit. dont get discouraged, just focus on what you could have done differently to win.
FoxSpirit
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria160 Posts
October 07 2010 23:59 GMT
#20
On October 08 2010 08:40 Paradox_92 wrote:
I personally like to go outside and smoke a cigarrete, think about all my games and my mistakes. Then i keep on playing


You %&!!$!%&

I'd LOVE to go outside for a break but all that awaits me is traffic noise >.<
Q.Q because of PewPew
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 114
SortOf 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2258
Mong 74
Shinee 72
HiyA 49
sorry 24
Noble 12
NotJumperer 11
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1296
NeuroSwarm182
League of Legends
JimRising 658
Reynor18
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft615
Other Games
summit1g7060
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0376
PiGStarcraft244
ArmadaUGS37
RuFF_SC229
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick840
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream395
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Lourlo1314
• Rush1230
• Stunt347
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 56m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.