• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:22
CEST 04:22
KST 11:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5739 users

Rage at losing streak

Blogs > Invictus
Post a Reply
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
September 17 2010 18:49 GMT
#1
For some reason, i felt that today's night was the best night to starcraft 2. So, happily i went online, and clicked the search button. I then meet a protoss, who happily just overpowers me because my hydra tech came out too late and little.

So, losing some times is nothing to be raged at. I was platinum rank 1( this is due to the people at the top of the ladder moving on to diamond more than me winning and gaining more points,although i guess i could play like a D- noob in iccup @_@). Not feeling frustrated, i thought about my mistakes in that game, and hit the search match button again.

And then, i found myself in a losing streak. Terrans who built reaper to harass my mineral line did not do anything to me, only to have a group of marauders + medivac take out my natural and my speedling roach army. Against a protoss I safely expanded while stopping his 2 gate pressure only to have 2 phoenixs and warp rays come knocking on my door when my 1st hydra is hatching. ZvZ was the worst. I made the other guy go roaches to stop my non-existent zergling force, only to have him hold off my muta harass and overpower back me in the end( im guessing this is cause i tried to be cute and switched to hydra infestor instead of continuing mutas). The next game, i went for fast muta again, only having his entire baneling and speedling force pressure me and killing off my queens multiple times. He then finished off my last stand with hydras, even though i built up a baneling force to counter them.(seems like its not enough though)

The point of this rage thread is, how do you feel when you start tossing games left and right(im talking about losing >7 games consecutively in a row here.) It definetely feels very frustrating to keep on losing on not knowing what it takes to win your opponent.

*****
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
SpartiK1S
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States145 Posts
September 17 2010 18:56 GMT
#2
when this happens, I have the same feelings. What you gotta do is step outside of it all, the entire situation of losing x games in a row to x strats and everything, just step outside of that. Go eat something, or run around the block, and think about it. For me, its easier to want to figure it all out after a little break and distance between me and the losing.

Its hard to watch every replay of a loss right after losing, but thats the best thing you can do. So, just take a break, troll some people in ffa or something, have fun. Then, when you are happier, go watch the replays, and bit by bit learn why you lost. Think about what you could have done, or should have been doing. Doing this regularly will GREATLY improve your game.
"Why is it so cold and lonely?"-Nal_Ra
WarChimp
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia943 Posts
September 17 2010 19:06 GMT
#3
I lost 11 games in a row, I was pretty pissed haha, I left for a day came back and magically I was over my slump. So either wait a day and see if you magically improve, or watch your replays at Faster pace and pick up every little thing you do. Hopefully you will start winning again. Good Luck!
Uranium
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1077 Posts
September 17 2010 19:07 GMT
#4
I play Zerg also and I noticed that I will lose hard every game if I am not perfectly focused. Zerg is the most difficult race to succeed with and it is easy to die if your opponent hits you with an unexpected tech unit. So if I am losing it is because of poor scouting, game sense, etc. So I just quit and do something else, and try again the next day when I am in a better mental state.
"Sentry imba! You see? YOU SEE??!!" - Sen | "Marauder die die!" - oGsMC | "Oh my god, she texted me back!" - Day[9]
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
September 17 2010 19:09 GMT
#5
On September 18 2010 03:56 SpartiK1S wrote:
when this happens, I have the same feelings. What you gotta do is step outside of it all, the entire situation of losing x games in a row to x strats and everything, just step outside of that. Go eat something, or run around the block, and think about it. For me, its easier to want to figure it all out after a little break and distance between me and the losing.

Its hard to watch every replay of a loss right after losing, but thats the best thing you can do. So, just take a break, troll some people in ffa or something, have fun. Then, when you are happier, go watch the replays, and bit by bit learn why you lost. Think about what you could have done, or should have been doing. Doing this regularly will GREATLY improve your game.


Guess this is true. Im probably playing when im pissed and can't really concentrate at all. But trolling people in ffa could be fun, i might try that
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
September 17 2010 19:10 GMT
#6
On September 18 2010 04:06 WarChimp wrote:
I lost 11 games in a row, I was pretty pissed haha, I left for a day came back and magically I was over my slump. So either wait a day and see if you magically improve, or watch your replays at Faster pace and pick up every little thing you do. Hopefully you will start winning again. Good Luck!


Haha thank you! Losing streaks must suck, and i hope i would be fresher tomorrow to play properly ^^
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
September 17 2010 19:12 GMT
#7
On September 18 2010 04:07 Uranium wrote:
I play Zerg also and I noticed that I will lose hard every game if I am not perfectly focused. Zerg is the most difficult race to succeed with and it is easy to die if your opponent hits you with an unexpected tech unit. So if I am losing it is because of poor scouting, game sense, etc. So I just quit and do something else, and try again the next day when I am in a better mental state.


I somewhat agree, if you don't scout every now and then and micro properly you'll just lose your units and just give the entire game away. But this is the factor that makes me play zerg, cause every hard-deserved win that you get makes me a much happy man then just steamrolling over someone just because of a stupid mistake.

I do agree that i should do something else though, probably its my lack of sleep since i woke up early for school today and have been playing into 3am in the morning.
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
xBTx
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Canada542 Posts
September 17 2010 19:18 GMT
#8
I'm glad it seems we're both on the same page with losing streaks. Best of luck with pulling yourself back up!
stuffing feathers up your butt doesnt make you a chicken
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
September 17 2010 20:08 GMT
#9
I rage bad when I lose more than 3 or 4 games in a row. Of course, I refuse to give up. Because of my already angry mood, I start abandoning the entire gameplan and end up losing even more.

This is why, lately, when I lose 2 matches in a row, I alt-tab the game and go do something else for 10 minutes.
omg.deus
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Korea (South)150 Posts
September 18 2010 04:46 GMT
#10
if ur losing more than 4-5 games in a row i dont think you actually know what ur doing wrong...trying getting someone who is very good to point out ur mistakes
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 206
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2516
NotJumperer 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever835
NeuroSwarm147
Other Games
summit1g8349
Coldzera 777
Day[9].tv736
JimRising 598
C9.Mang0359
PiGStarcraft160
ArmadaUGS36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick681
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream350
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv736
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 38m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 38m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.