• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:48
CEST 00:48
KST 07:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9659 users

Installing a EU client of SC2 with the US client.

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
forgotten0ne
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States951 Posts
September 10 2010 19:22 GMT
#1
Hi guys,

I have a few friends in Europe that I've been wanting to play SC2 with, and so recently I got a hold of a EU key. I registered it to my account, and downloaded the EU client, but now I'm stuck. It keeps saying it will have to overwrite my "Documents/Starcraft II" folder to install the EU client. How do I get around that, as I don't see a way to create a seperate Documents folder for the EU version? I tried googling this, and I'm tired of looking, so I'm hoping I can get a quick answer here.

Thanks,
All help is appreciated.
"Well it’s obvious that these Terran gamers are just extremely gifted when it comes to RTS games" -Ret, in regards to the first months of SC2
Ash
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Malaysia1978 Posts
September 10 2010 19:37 GMT
#2
On September 11 2010 04:22 forgotten0ne wrote:
Hi guys,

I have a few friends in Europe that I've been wanting to play SC2 with, and so recently I got a hold of a EU key. I registered it to my account, and downloaded the EU client, but now I'm stuck. It keeps saying it will have to overwrite my "Documents/Starcraft II" folder to install the EU client. How do I get around that, as I don't see a way to create a seperate Documents folder for the EU version? I tried googling this, and I'm tired of looking, so I'm hoping I can get a quick answer here.

Thanks,
All help is appreciated.


I've tried replacing the document folder and everything was fine. The replays are still saved in different folders so as long as you install EU client in another folder then you should be good to go.
AnodyneSea
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Jamaica757 Posts
September 10 2010 20:41 GMT
#3
There was another way in beta people used to use the same client on different servers just by switching the one file around, not sure if this still works in retail.. can anyone confirm? (I'm thinking of buying other clients and would like to know as well)
Lost within the hope of freedom, not for control but in the light of our cause
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 10 2010 21:15 GMT
#4
On September 11 2010 04:22 forgotten0ne wrote:I got a hold of a EU key.

My question for you is: how? Blizzard won't let me give them money (lolwut?) The order form keeps giving me some bull about a problem.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
forgotten0ne
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States951 Posts
September 10 2010 21:49 GMT
#5
On September 11 2010 06:15 tofucake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2010 04:22 forgotten0ne wrote:I got a hold of a EU key.

My question for you is: how? Blizzard won't let me give them money (lolwut?) The order form keeps giving me some bull about a problem.


They also overcharge :D I just bought a UK copy off ebay for less.
"Well it’s obvious that these Terran gamers are just extremely gifted when it comes to RTS games" -Ret, in regards to the first months of SC2
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-11 00:35:45
September 11 2010 00:33 GMT
#6
[edit]
Nevermind, dumb post.

Anyway, the Blizzard support lady told me you can't login to Europe with a NA account even with an EU license. Seems dumb.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
September 11 2010 00:59 GMT
#7
Interesting how blizzard seems to really try hard keeping players at one and only one realm.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
joros
Profile Joined September 2010
Chile1 Post
September 20 2010 19:19 GMT
#8
so did it work? could you install both accounts?
Iv been reading about people having one ine NA and in EU like HuK for example, or the caster Big T, but i havent found how to do it, Can someone help me pls!

Jairo
Dagobert
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Netherlands1858 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-20 19:52:19
September 20 2010 19:52 GMT
#9
Of course you could just make a backup of the "Starcraft II" folder.

Oh no, did I spoil it?
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
September 20 2010 20:37 GMT
#10
I just changed directories and have two full installs on my hard drive.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O180
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft349
Nina 123
ViBE72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14984
ZZZero.O 180
firebathero 105
Hyuk 65
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm150
febbydoto73
League of Legends
Doublelift4177
Counter-Strike
Fnx 992
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5666
Other Games
summit1g7864
FrodaN2259
mouzStarbuck431
JimRising 365
KnowMe251
ArmadaUGS130
Mew2King46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1164
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream114
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• musti20045 31
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie579
• Shiphtur209
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 12m
INu's Battles
13h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 12m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.