• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:23
CEST 04:23
KST 11:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6159 users

Losing Streaks

Blogs > MrBitter
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
August 26 2010 05:30 GMT
#1
Man, Starcraft really has a way of smacking you back into reality.

Over the past few days I've been feeling sooo good about my play. Steadily climbing the ladder, peaking at 998 points 2 days ago.

I was feeling all high, mighty and pro, sitting at the cusp of 1k, which, in my opinion, is the mark of a truly good player.

Then I dropped a game to a really bad toss, who walled me in with a pylon and a cannon.

"Meh, no biggy" I thought, as I re-queued.

Matchmaking put me against the same guy.

"I've got his number this time..."

He does the same cute pylon trick. I easily bust out, kill his expo, and contain him in his one base while I start to take the map.

Buuut in my haste, I overlooked the fact that one base toss is still pretty damn strong, and ended up getting crushed by a zealot/sentry/colossus army, just before my economy could really kick in.

A brief spat of rage later, and I recommitted myself to that 1k goal.

I would win one, and lose one. And win one, and lose one.

Then I would win one and lose two.

And then I would win one and lose three.

And then I lost five in a row. And I'm not talking about close games. I'm talking about *TiLt* and dropping games to genuinely bad players. The rage. Its overtaking me.

omgwtf ffffffuuuuuuu!!!!

So now here I sit. 924 points - more than a stones throw from that milestone 1k mark that I was soo close to. Fuming.

I don't doubt that I'll hit 1k later this week, but damn does it suck being 2 points away and then tanking like a bitch.

QQ

/endrant

***
Mortician
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Bulgaria2332 Posts
August 26 2010 05:42 GMT
#2
I bet losing streaks make you....bitter
"If anything, the skill cap in sc2 is higher [than sc1] because there are a lot more things you can do at one given time. " darmousseh
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24800 Posts
August 26 2010 05:46 GMT
#3
The lower you go the easier it gets to bounce back up and then you'll have more momentum AND be richer for the experience :D
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
August 26 2010 05:54 GMT
#4
On August 26 2010 14:42 Mortician wrote:
I bet losing streaks make you....bitter


and i hope better
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
ShoeFactory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States186 Posts
August 26 2010 05:56 GMT
#5
don't sweat it.

i played against a guy that went from 1k to 850 in one day. he was fuming.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
August 26 2010 05:56 GMT
#6
meh think of it this way

you lose games, you'll lose tons of games. you have to

sometimes they just happen at the same time
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
houck
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom102 Posts
August 26 2010 06:08 GMT
#7
When I get a big losing streak I rage for days and then go back and forget how to play
"If I don't lose! I'll win!" - Trump
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
August 26 2010 06:13 GMT
#8
just take a break as soon as you suspect that frustration is affecting your play. i think the worst part of tilting is realizing that you're tilting and yet still playing!

also, hi, i remember sending you a pm a long time ago. you were part of the sc2gg community, yes?
Moderatorsloppy little slug
exeexe
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark937 Posts
August 26 2010 06:34 GMT
#9
I went 2k after some struggle but dam 2k feels nice ^^
And never forget, its always easier to throw a bomb downstairs than up. - George Orwell
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
August 26 2010 06:41 GMT
#10
On August 26 2010 15:13 intrigue wrote:
just take a break as soon as you suspect that frustration is affecting your play. i think the worst part of tilting is realizing that you're tilting and yet still playing!

also, hi, i remember sending you a pm a long time ago. you were part of the sc2gg community, yes?


Yar, I wrote for SC2GG for a while.

Kudos for all the friendly advice. I decided to just play practice games with buddies for the rest of the night, and I think the rage has subsided. =)

Maybe tomorrow I can push back to high 900.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
August 26 2010 06:51 GMT
#11
Do you still play toss these days or what?
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
August 26 2010 07:14 GMT
#12
I generally feel like I hit a wall whenever I get close to or just get over a 100 barrier. Like before, I died at the 800 level and I'm having a bit of trouble at the 900 now.
MutaDoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1163 Posts
August 26 2010 07:15 GMT
#13
On August 26 2010 14:42 Mortician wrote:
I bet losing streaks make you....bitter

This needs more love lmao.
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
August 26 2010 07:44 GMT
#14
On August 26 2010 16:15 MutaDoom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2010 14:42 Mortician wrote:
I bet losing streaks make you....bitter

This needs more love lmao.


Agreed. I laughed out loud the first time I read it.

On August 26 2010 15:51 heyoka wrote:
Do you still play toss these days or what?


I'm playing Zerg in SC2. I always wanted to in BW, just didn't have the mechanics for it. Yay for easier macro, amirite?
Zevah
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Argentina187 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-26 08:08:59
August 26 2010 08:07 GMT
#15
It happens the same for me, tough i'm only Platinium.. i was doing great with my zerg play, feeling like i was more like a Diamond player rather than Platinium (i was facing Diamond mostly)...

Then a ZvZ comes up... I went for the classic speedlings banelings into muta.. I Scout his roaches and i skipped my banelings (tough i had the nest already made). Made a few spine crawlers and wait for the mutas to arrive while moving around with my speedlings.... He pushed and i annihilated his roaches.... I was feeling AWSOME... then... psyblock, only 1 muta came out (FUCK!)... when i got 5 I Pushed only to see he had like 3 Spore crawlers and 5 or 6 Hydras.... I expanded and became too pasive with my mutas....
He pushed me and i kill all his hydras with banelings but failed to do any economical damage.... He pushed again and kills my army.... I Failed sooo hard to punish him for his mistakes.....

From tham moment on i lost like 8 games in a row... Moved from the top of my division to like 20thish...

Now i'm trying protoss..... I hate my guts...
roflpie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia93 Posts
August 26 2010 08:58 GMT
#16
I feel for you. I ended at 900 one evening and thought I'm going to get that 1000 the next day. Started playing in the morning, ended up around 750 later. I was so pissed off, my table took a good beating. Now I've switched to standard play instead of doing wacky strats and it's returning slowly (~830 though ).
ohaicami
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States103 Posts
August 26 2010 09:11 GMT
#17
I'm also in a heavy losing streak. I am starting to believe it's because of all the 2v2's that I'm playing. I'm not quite sure if there is a direct correlation, but my 2's game is improving and my 1's game is not.

Grr.
Good luck with the losing streak. I hope it turns around and you're just as hot going the other way
Appetitus Rationi Pareat - Cicero (Let your desires be ruled by reason.)
JinNJuice
Profile Joined June 2010
United States255 Posts
August 26 2010 12:50 GMT
#18
I'm actually stuck in a rut as well. I'm one of those guys that suck horribly at SC2, but by some random MMR math, they promoted me into a new Diamond division. I've played like 4 games so far after being promoted and lost all of them. It's kinda depressing but I'm trying to learn from my losses and watch the replays and see what I can do better, but basically the answer is that I just suck alot lol. Gl getting out of your losing streak.
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
August 26 2010 15:18 GMT
#19
On August 26 2010 18:11 ohaicami wrote:
I'm also in a heavy losing streak. I am starting to believe it's because of all the 2v2's that I'm playing. I'm not quite sure if there is a direct correlation, but my 2's game is improving and my 1's game is not.

Grr.
Good luck with the losing streak. I hope it turns around and you're just as hot going the other way


You know, I've noticed that when I play 2v2 my 1v1 game suffers. I don't think it's because there's anything wrong with 2v2... In fact, I'd go so far as to say that high tier 2v2 is harder than high tier 1v1...

But when I play 2v2, I inevitably end up playing with some friends who just aren't that good at the game. I think in these circumstances, its much easier for your game play to fall closer to their level, than it is for theirs to rise to yours.
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
August 26 2010 17:47 GMT
#20
Yea B.net plays mind games with you. I had the same experience. I'm nowhere near 1000 points but I can relate. I went from 400 points down to almost 300 in a night! Then the next night I went back to 400... So strange...
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 195
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2516
NotJumperer 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever798
NeuroSwarm147
Other Games
summit1g8349
Coldzera 777
Day[9].tv736
JimRising 606
C9.Mang0359
PiGStarcraft160
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick681
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream350
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv736
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 37m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.