• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:34
CEST 09:34
KST 16:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8265 users

TL Meeting at Gamescom 2010: Pics & Impressions

Blogs > lopper
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
misterG420
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany152 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-23 12:58:17
August 21 2010 11:49 GMT
#1
[b] UPDATE:
Unfortunately, the 10 GB bandwith limit was exceeded after just 12 hours. I didn't find any site without a limit, but some people suggested switching to imageshack. Hope it works better. If not, please PM me a good suggestion where to permanently upload the pictures. Sorry for the inconvenience if you could not see the pictures yet. Feel free to do so now [b]

Warning: This blog contains spoilers of the recent IEM games at the Gamescom 2010 in Cologne, Germany. If you do not wish to be spoilert in any extend, please stop reading now and return whenever you are ready! Also, I want to mention that pretty much every second picture has Demuslim in it, no idea why, but who cares. He is awesome, friendly and just fun to be around. Also, especially in the restaurant, I had huge problems with the light in the room. The standard flashlight of my camera is a total pain and the room was originally too dark to take good pictures without a decent flashlight. This caused some blurriness, I beg to apologize. Also, it's quite a number of pictures (38 so far, more might come later when I have slept)

Before I start giggling and can’t stop writing about how awesome the TL meeting was, I want to thank fishyjoes again for having organized the event, he did the restaurant reservation for a ton of people and he did a real good job overall. Someone has to get a meeting like this started, and he did it well! Thanks from everyone.


Now to the fun stuff:
My original plan was to go to Cologne just to see the IEM games on the Saturday. So, as a good and loyal fan and member of TL.net I prepared myself well for this event. In the hope that during the games the camera men would actually show the cheering crowd, I made little comics for every possible occasion and for every player that I was cheering for:

[spoiler]
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading][/spoiler]

Unlucky, that neither the commentators nor the cameras could really catch such a thing.

[image loading]
Uhh, who is hiding behind those monitors? Could it be? Really? No kidding?

[image loading]
Ya, It is Day and Apollo!!

Day9 and Apollo were sitting with their backs to the crowd and the camera was pointed for 2 seconds at the crowd and that only if they had nothing else to do. Soooo, my pictures were somewhat of a waste, but since I had to kill 5h in the train, I might as well do something, right? Day9 and Apollo were pretty much the most positive aspect of this event. They were a true dream team and I hope they cast more games together!

Due to some fantastic railway problems, I arrived 2,5 hours later, so that I could only see the last three games of Idra vs that unknown Terran. But holy cow, that was a dramatic series. I thought my heart stopped during the first big attack on the last game (Blistering Sands):

[image loading]

Dying mutas trying to save the expo, Zerglings dead for ages, Medivacs in the air zapping away, total panic and annihilation in Zerg town. What’s going on in IdrA’s base? Happy-Drone-time. Where every Zerg in the universe had panicked in the face of his immediate defeat, he was super calm, did his thing, survived the attack and slowly secured his quarterfinals.
He stood on the stage during the (quite useless) commentary about his games and the crowd applauded. Well played, IdrA.

[image loading]

After the games, not much was going on on the stage. Some Quakelive, a strange racing game and Counterstrike, which I thought was replaced by something “modern” but apparently I was wrong. So, I wandered around trying to sneak in a short cue for some good Diablo 3 or Call of Duty games. But waiting lines started from 3-4 hours. So, that was kind of not good to do. I decided to circle around, always keeping the IEM stage in mind just to not miss any SC2 action. Although the IdrA games were the last casted games of that day, I was still able to see some of the players practice right next to the IEM stage. Here are some impressions and players:

[spoiler][image loading]
TLO with a pretty darn good shirt...

[image loading]
Mister Ret!

[image loading]
MorroW and some weird freaky looking Quakeguy.

[image loading]
More Practice, more practice...

[image loading]

[image loading]
Demuslim looking friendly and awesome as always! Sorry if you feel over-represented in the pictures, but my camera, my rules :p

[image loading]
If I may repeat myself, Artosis: "Not nearly as handsom as you and your shirts..."[/spoiler]

Shortly before the assembly at 8 pm, I met 7mk, talked about sc2, the games, the event and all the good stuff. The TL people met at the south entrance and this is what it looks like when 40 TL guys are standing around waiting for more awesome people to come:

[image loading]

On the way, we sort of lost the more important second half of our crowd (which is the players), so a little panic going on, but everything turned out ok and we proceeded. Just a couple of minutes later, we arrived the restaurant:

[image loading]

And guess what: I got a perfect seat right next to Demuslim, Nazgul and TLO. Oh my, had I red cheeks:

[image loading]

The whole restaurant was literally TL property right now and the mood was awesome. The players were so open and friendly and blended in perfectly with the mortal casual gamers. They answered pretty much everything, laughed, drank beer and had a good time. Yea sure, we had to wait for ages until our food came, but who cares if you can sit next to so awesome people and wander around and take pictures, right?

[spoiler][image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
Demuslim with Fishyjoes!

[image loading]
Day9 talking to someeeeeeeone....

[image loading]
Now, whatch what happens if Day9 is feeling totally comfortable... he sees a friendly lady, talks nice to her and then...

[image loading]
... busts out the big nerd heart. Isn't that romantic? You are such a cutie, Day.

[image loading]
Haha, Oh jeeez. I will never forget this funny standing guy. Something with BierKiller-Something? Looking forward to play some games with you!

[image loading]
Tarson and MorroW on one table.

[image loading]
Apollo screaming something to someone. Problably complaining about the never coming food :D

[image loading]
Pretty bad photo, but the light was too bad and the flashlight is super bad. Just to see the "endless table of Teamliquidians".

[image loading]
IdrA up to for a chat and some T-Shirt signing later on.

[image loading]
Tarson and Artosis.

[image loading]
Uh, what a fresh new photo with... Demuslim!

[image loading]
Who cares about your name, if you can just be THE MAN. Hope you got home safely...[/spoiler]



So, of course I took opportunity of this relaxed environment and let everybody sign my fake TL shirt that I had prepared the night before. Never in the world will I sell or even use this shirt again. It shall remain a silent witness of the most awesome community on the planet. Thanks everyone for singing and exchanging sc2 names and stuff

[image loading]
Ignore my right foot there... You got enough pictures without any feet...

[image loading]
*Giggle*

[image loading]
The IdrAling is my painting, but Artosis is just right about his comment. No reason to argue here. Just true man-respect :p

Unfortunately, at around 2 am the group began to fall apart. Some players still had to play tournies the next day, some were just dead tired (like a certain mister Plott, who looked like a dead sleepwalker anyway, which didn’t affect his aura and his charisma at all) and some just stayed a little longer in the restaurant. I had to wait 1,5 h for my train back, but I had warm memories in my heart and on my shirt

Thanks Teamliquid for an awesome meetup.

Artosis: You are smaller than I expected, but you truly are the most handsome Nerd on the planet. It was so nice meeting you and your signature has a sweet spot on my shirt. Never stop giving content to TL. You are awesome!

IdrA: I didn’t lie when I said that I cheered for you to win these games! I totally believe that you will win this tourney. I really wish you best of luck for all things you do!

TLO: Actually, you are smaller than I expected as well, but who cares if you are THAT awesome?! Really liked your open and friendly mindset. I really hope you enjoy your time in Korea and that you remain as fun and creative as you are.

MorroW: You are a beast! Best of luck in all tournies you participate. If theres a Swedish lan around and you are playing, I will come over and lead the crowd :d

Dimaga and WhiteRa: God, why are you all so friendly? I didn’t really have the time to talk to you much, but you are a bunch of awesome guys and I hope that will never change.

Day9 and Apollo: Oh snap, why didn’t I listed you earlier? Probably because its 1 pm and instead of sleeping after having to wait for the train all night, I am writing this blog and upload pictures. But, I just want to say what everyone knows. You two are sooo brilliant.

Tarson: You don’t suck, never write that on my shirt again! You played good games, its fun see the games, you are a super mannered friendly guy. You shall rock, remember that

Enough! I need sleep. Really. Thanks for all the people that came. I can’t name you all, but I will truly remember you all! And hope to see you guys (and 3?) girls next time!

[image loading]


Best wishes
Kai "lopper" G.


PS: Might be edited later for some more pictures, typo reduction, etc. <3

*****
https://www.twitch.tv/misterg_420
Shatter
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1401 Posts
August 21 2010 11:59 GMT
#2
Wow really nice blog. I'm glad you took so many pictures and got pretty much everyone there. Awesome to see TL assembled.
Hirmu
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Finland850 Posts
August 21 2010 12:00 GMT
#3
Very nice read, it seems you had a great time good for you!
Clamev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Germany498 Posts
August 21 2010 12:04 GMT
#4
very nice blog i will upload my picture now =)
6Pool or die trying
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
August 21 2010 12:07 GMT
#5
hahaha awesome pics!
Terrakin
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1440 Posts
August 21 2010 12:12 GMT
#6
very jealous, looks like a great time
Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
August 21 2010 12:16 GMT
#7
awesome
:O
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
August 21 2010 12:18 GMT
#8
Very sweet =) Love the cheap shirt, very nice added touch with the mispellings.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
August 21 2010 12:20 GMT
#9
[image loading]


is that thebigone with the gg shirt? him and tlo look like identical twins heh.
Commentator
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
August 21 2010 12:20 GMT
#10
"Your smart" LOL :D

I love the non-official TL shirt XD
:)
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
August 21 2010 12:22 GMT
#11
Kid with GG shirt is clearly apollo
AyJay
Profile Joined April 2010
1515 Posts
August 21 2010 12:26 GMT
#12
[image loading]

LMFAO this is great

too bad all pictures are hosted on photobucket, they will go down soon
[DUF]MethodMan
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Germany1716 Posts
August 21 2010 12:35 GMT
#13
[image loading]

does this read "i love rape"? lol
riptide
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
5673 Posts
August 21 2010 12:38 GMT
#14
Hahaha nice, sounds like you nerds had a blast! ^^
AdministratorSKT T1 | Masters of the Universe
DemiSe
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
883 Posts
August 21 2010 12:57 GMT
#15
Awesome pictures, sounds like you had a great time!
Let's See Who's Stronger, Your Tricks, Or My Skills.
SoL[9]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Portugal1370 Posts
August 21 2010 13:00 GMT
#16
Great blog and nice pictures.
I love the fake t-shirt
I Can Fly...
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
August 21 2010 13:02 GMT
#17
Looks like you guys had an awesome time, great blog 5/5
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
esperanto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany357 Posts
August 21 2010 13:16 GMT
#18
Great blog, thanks for the pictures.

Too bad I couldnt make it to cologne.
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
August 21 2010 13:20 GMT
#19
Too bad I couldn't make it

Thanks for the writeup, awesome blog!
@riotsnowbird
Hidden_MotiveS
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada2562 Posts
August 21 2010 13:52 GMT
#20
I only looked at the pictures, but seeing this makes me want to go to a SC social event so bad!
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 147
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 811
HiyA 177
Mong 53
Shine 51
NotJumperer 32
Bale 28
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 560
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 833
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft766
Other Games
summit1g10274
olofmeister491
ceh9422
PiGStarcraft370
Happy300
Livibee141
ArmadaUGS32
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream532
Other Games
gamesdonequick498
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH196
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2411
League of Legends
• Rush1509
• Lourlo1331
• Stunt452
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 26m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 26m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.