• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:38
CEST 08:38
KST 15:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9643 users

[Interview] OSL RO16 Day 5 winners Group B

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
August 11 2010 19:09 GMT
#1
Due to popular demand I stayed up til 5am in the morning spamming F5 on chinese sites like a noob, until this came out.

(Z)ZerO: Don't mind whether (T)Flash win or lose.
[image loading]

- You have 2 wins on hand in the the Ro16
▲ If I lost today I will probably be eliminated, fortunately I won, and avoided the worst possible outcome. I'm relieved.

- You won fairly easily despite playing very conservative
▲ This match reflects my recent form, I seem to win relatively easy. There weren't much danger, maybe my opponent didn't expect I would play this way. He didn't start the game well, so I know he wont try anything risky. We both scouted each other, so attacking would have more loss than gain.

- Including non official matches you are on a 10 game winning streak, was there any secret?
▲ My competitiveness has always been inconsistent. But this time it feels abit different than previous times when I was playing well. I think my way of thinking has matured alot than before.

- If (T)Flash wins on Friday you'll be in the Ro8, if he loses then you'd have to play a tiebreaker.
▲ I don't really mind whether (T)Flash wins or loses. If he wins then I get an easy ticket to the Ro8, if he lose I'll play the tiebreaker. My current form is pretty good, so it will help me. I have been performing well recently, so I want to play more matches.

- Your ZvZ has improved dramatically, is there any secret?
▲ There are no secrets, I just managed to play at the same level in live game as I did in practice. Nowadays I don't seem to be that nervous in big matches anymore, perhaps I have found a way to play to my true skills in big games.

- You will be playing (T)Fantasy in the WCG qualifier.
▲ When (T)Flash and (T)Fantasy do interviews, they always say they want to advance together. But I hope that they can get eliminated together (laugh). I will definitely do my best to advance.

- Did (P)free gloat on his Ro8 qualification?
▲ Usually (P)free hyung is not the gloating type. I personally hope that (P)Stork hyung would have a good performance.

- Last words?
▲ Our team is resting today, I want to thank (Z)Crazy-Hydra for helping me practice. Also, We are on a 3 game winning streak on STX cup, so I feel like our first tournament win is within our reach. There aren't alot of matches left, we will play well in the rest of the games, and hope we can get our first team tournament win.

Source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-08-12/20755.html
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
nbaker
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1341 Posts
August 11 2010 19:22 GMT
#2
Haha, good interview. Thanks for translating this!
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
August 11 2010 19:37 GMT
#3
Thank you very much for this interview !
Hope stars will keep on winning a bit =)
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
August 11 2010 19:46 GMT
#4
Yeah! Go ZERO!!!!

There would be some pretty epic tie breakers if flash looses though lol.

Thanks for the translation?
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
August 11 2010 19:46 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translation. Gl to ZerO and free in the OSL as well as the WCG for ZerO. And keep it up stars! More all-kills in Stx masters pl0x lulz
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
ISighZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States270 Posts
August 11 2010 20:38 GMT
#6
Lol OMG I was spamming f5 like every 10 minute to see the Zero interview only to realize that it's not on the feature list.....
GO ZEROooooo
There is no one to help you unless you help yourself
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
August 11 2010 21:57 GMT
#7
On August 12 2010 04:09 themonkyguy wrote:
Due to popular demand I stayed up til 5am in the morning spamming F5 on chinese sites like a noob, until this came out.




I love you so much

<3
Writer
Jaksiel
Profile Joined November 2008
United States4130 Posts
August 11 2010 22:57 GMT
#8
On August 12 2010 04:09 themonkyguy wrote:
Nowadays I don't seem to be that nervous in big matches anymore, perhaps I have found a way to play to my true skills in big games.


I sure hope so!
Zero fighting.
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10347 Posts
August 11 2010 23:29 GMT
#9
Zero always performs well in the Ro16; it's in the latter stages of the tournaments he tends to crumble. But this time will be different!!! Please?
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
910 112
Hyun 70
NotJumperer 53
Bale 36
sorry 35
Noble 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto208
League of Legends
JimRising 574
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King138
Other Games
summit1g8048
Coldzera 728
WinterStarcraft411
C9.Mang0302
ceh9283
NeuroSwarm104
ViBE25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick607
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2272
League of Legends
• Rush1243
• Lourlo977
• Stunt395
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 22m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 22m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 22m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.