• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:19
CEST 22:19
KST 05:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10703 users

How to Watch v0.19 Replays

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
StaR_Robo
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia229 Posts
July 15 2010 03:38 GMT
#1
This has been posted in the replays thread but keeps coming up so I thought I would repost it. Since the latest patch when you try to relaunch the client to watch v0.19 replays the game screen just goes black. The followoing method lets you watch these replays:

Workaround for watching replays from 0.19

1. Go to the directory where you have StarCraft II installed.
2. Look in the folder \Support and make a shortcut to the file SC2Switcher.exe somewhere you can access it easily like your desktop
3. Look for the folder \versions and rename the folder \Base16036 - I just added XXX to the start so it became \XXXBase16036
4. To watch a replay drag it to the SC2Switcher icon you created in Step 2.

When you want to play online again rename the folder back to \base16036.

WARNING: When you exit the replay the game will try to patch itself. I use ZoneAlarm firewall so I just set it to block access to the internet for the version of SC2.exe that sits in the \Base15976 folder but you could also unplug your net of just closer the patcher as soon as it starts up

Original idea was posted by Ipp .. I just cleaned it up and used reaming of the folder rather than moving it
Working to spread StarCraft II through http://rts-sanctuary.com - replays, stats, streams and more ...
Fizzgig
Profile Joined May 2010
United States26 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-15 05:28:46
July 15 2010 05:24 GMT
#2
Thanks for posting this information, it's always annoying when previous versions don't work, but it's a beta so whatchagonnado.

I just wanted to ask if anyone still had trouble using this method? I still end up with a black screen. I put the replay on the desktop then open it with SC2Switcher.exe, am I just trying to take too many shortcuts or should this work properly? And has anyone else had this problem?

Edit: Of course right when I post and make myself look like an imbecile, I figure out what I did wrong. When you wrote the version folder for some reason I thought of the accounts folder. I must be tired. All is working well thanks!
psst...check out some cheesy replays (starcraftcheese.0sites.org)
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 15 2010 05:27 GMT
#3
Good idea, I was going to post this myself
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 15 2010 14:20 GMT
#4
Bumping this
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Merikh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States918 Posts
July 15 2010 14:22 GMT
#5
I still find it sad blizzard hasn't come up with a legitimate way to viewing older replays without any "hassle" along the way . Thanks for the post.
G4MR | I mod day9, djwheat and GLHF's stream
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 15 2010 14:24 GMT
#6
On July 15 2010 23:22 Merikh wrote:
I still find it sad blizzard hasn't come up with a legitimate way to viewing older replays without any "hassle" along the way . Thanks for the post.

I dont think fixing this for beta is very high on the priority list. Once retail hits, I'm sure that it will be working flawlessly
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
July 15 2010 14:28 GMT
#7
oh!
Great work around, I never thought of this!
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
TheFallofTroy
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada780 Posts
July 16 2010 01:47 GMT
#8
Does this work for other versions, like from Phase 1? Or only for v0.19 replays?
^_^V
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
July 16 2010 02:52 GMT
#9
I think if you alt+f4 out of the replay, it won't try to patch itself
StaR_Robo
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia229 Posts
July 16 2010 03:42 GMT
#10
On July 16 2010 10:47 TheFallofTroy wrote:
Does this work for other versions, like from Phase 1? Or only for v0.19 replays?


Well that's essentially what the recommended solution of having an install only patched up to a certain point does so I guess you could try deactivating other patch folders and see what happens
Working to spread StarCraft II through http://rts-sanctuary.com - replays, stats, streams and more ...
aztrorisk
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States896 Posts
July 21 2010 03:59 GMT
#11
that is cheating if zerg is planning to mass queens (according to Husky)

so make sure you don't cheat
A lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock. A key that opens many locks is a master key.
StaR_Robo
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia229 Posts
July 21 2010 04:23 GMT
#12
lol what are you talking about aztrorisk ... if it's the reference to alt-F4 he's talking about at the end of watching a replay :s

this post is out of date .. see the one about version 0.20 and 0.19 replays for latest info
Working to spread StarCraft II through http://rts-sanctuary.com - replays, stats, streams and more ...
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20909
Calm 2183
Shuttle 332
White-Ra 176
Mini 170
ZZZero.O 134
firebathero 69
soO 12
Sacsri 8
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1555
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4723
Liquid`Hasu623
Other Games
summit1g7436
Liquid`RaSZi2268
FrodaN1643
fl0m1451
B2W.Neo775
olofmeister765
RotterdaM584
Beastyqt372
crisheroes343
IndyStarCraft 272
Livibee204
Pyrionflax189
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick994
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
angryscii 30
EmSc Tv 11
EmSc2Tv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1479
• Shiphtur675
• WagamamaTV364
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 41m
Replay Cast
2h 41m
OSC
15h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.