• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:00
CEST 20:00
KST 03:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10246 users

[Interview] Hite vs. Hwaseung Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
July 10 2010 07:45 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Thoughts on the team winning?
Jaedong: It’s happy to sweep the opponent. The feeling of a 3-0 victory really is the best! [laugh]
Backho: Ah, this is a winner’s interview 300 days in the making. Like some of those old players, it’s a strange feeling getting a win after so long. But I’m very happy to welcome this victory.
Hiya: Even though we unfortunately can’t make playoffs, we still want a good finish, so we’ve been trying hard. It feels like a valuable training experience, so I’m happy.

You’re always strong in front of Hite.
Jaedong: No special reason for it. It’s just that I can keep winning, so I get more and more confident. Now it feels if the opponent is Hite, I don’t have a losing feeling. I think that’s why the wins can continue.

Your opponent was a newcomer Protoss Britney.
Jaedong: It was an easy game. I felt good, and the Zerglings managed to sneak in in the beginning, so I won easily. I was considering if I should mass Mutas to end it quickly, so I massed Mutas.

Did you play so relaxed because you can’t make playoffs anymore, so there’s no pressure?
Jaedong: Because we can’t make the playoffs it’s true I can play freely in games. Our team must free ourselves from the must-win pressure, and play like we do in practice.

Your momentum is returning.
Backho: It’s good. Even though the team lost against Ace, I won, and after I won, I was in a really good move. I felt like it was the best win in my entire career. But it’s also disappointing to only be able to win at the end of the season. If I can recover some more and re-join the team full force, I felt like we could’ve got into the playoffs, so I’m sorry to the teammates.

Are you sorry you had to leave everything to Perfectman?
Backho: Of course I feel bad for him. But from another perspective, it’s a chance for Perfectman. Before, when Anytime-hyung was the ace, I was like unemployed, but then he went to the airforce, so my chance came. I felt like I took advantage of the opportunity, but Perfectman didn’t seem to have been able to, which is a pity.

What are your thoughts when you’re watching everyone else play?
Backho: I felt like I couldn’t do anything for the team, so I could only hope my teammates perform well. I’m really looking forward to Perfectman doing better.

Are you satisfied with the record this season?
Hiya: I should at least get to the level I was last season, I actually did something last season. After last season, I was in a losing streak, and I’m only recovering at the end of this season, which makes me happy. I feel like SPL teaches you a lot.

It’s a pity you can’t make the playoffs.
Hiya: True, very disappointing. Now, we’ll practice with this disappointment, and we’ll definitely do better next season.

You lost the race for most wins.
Jaedong: Flash did very well this season, I can’t catch up. It’s a pity I couldn’t get most wins, but I wasn’t in the lead once this season, so there’s not much to dwell on. I have no regrets about my record.

Now you only need to prepare for the individual leagues.
Jaedong: There’s only one SPL game left, so I’m relaxed. There are only the individual leagues left. I will prepare with a calm attitude. There’s plenty of time, I’m expectant of the individual leagues.

Thoughts looking back on this season?
Hiya: There are a lot of regrets in the games I played, and that makes me feel like I still have a lot of faults. I must amend these faults, and I will return to the level I was at before next season, when we were fighting for the championship.
Backho: In 55 games I only played 9, and even so, my record isn’t good. Now, it’s at the end of the season, and I’ve returned like this. Next season, after a good rest, I will definitely remove all doubts about “Hwaseung Protosses” from everyone’s mind.

Last words?
Jaedong: It’s a strange feeling to think about the season ending. There was no rest throughout the year, and after all this time, we ended up being eliminated, so it’s true we’re disappointed. But there are still the individual leagues, and I will focus and prepare, and fight for a good result. I hope the fans support more. Also, the Jaedong café prepared a lot of gifts in commemoration of 300 wins, so thanks to them a lot.
Backho: I sincerely thank all the fans who’ve supported me all this time, and I want to say something to Perfectman. Perfectman has had a lot of pressure lately. The every race rule of course creates this kind of burden, but he had to bear it all on his own. If he kept losing he’ll definitely be dejected. But as a progamer, everyone has slumps, so I hope he can walk out of it, and do well next season. Let us work hard together, and make everyone say “Hwaseung Protosses” are “the best Protosses!”
Hiya: SPL is nearing the end. We’ll win the last game too for a good end. I also need to play the two individual leagues. This time I have a goal for the individual leagues, I will fight for the championship. Also thanks to the fans who gave gifts for Jaedong’s 300 wins today, I’ll eat well [laugh]

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=108695&db=interview

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=204743
TranslatorBaa!
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
July 10 2010 07:46 GMT
#2
Wow, Backho is so short compared to Jaedong.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
iCDNME
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia25 Posts
July 10 2010 07:49 GMT
#3
Possibly in dong size as well.
I see the enemy
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
July 10 2010 07:56 GMT
#4
Lol " the Jaedong cafe'

I dunno just sounds funny XD

it seems like JD always brings up food in interviews XD
Jaedong and Baby
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
July 10 2010 07:57 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translation! JD interviews are just so good, "yeah my opponent sucked so it was an easy game, Im always confident since I beat everyone"... Well it's the feeling I get and I like it, I like how he is really honest yet still hiding some mean things he would say. Now Jaedongs OSL and MSL Chances are looking good.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
AleC
Profile Joined December 2009
332 Posts
July 10 2010 07:58 GMT
#6
On July 10 2010 16:46 Lightwip wrote:
Wow, Backho is so short compared to Jaedong.

The tyrants gotta be tall =P
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
July 10 2010 08:04 GMT
#7
Glad to see (P)BackHo playing and winning again.
(P)Spear / (P)PerfectMan are just.. sad story.



Thank you for translating mate.


Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 10 2010 08:42 GMT
#8
On July 10 2010 16:46 Lightwip wrote:
Wow, CSheep is so short compared to flamewheel.

On July 10 2010 16:49 iCDNME wrote:
Possibly in dong size as well.

Mwahahaha!

Thanks Em~
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
July 10 2010 08:47 GMT
#9
jesus christ backho is short
i mean i knew he isnt tall, but damn, JD is like 175cm or so, Backho should be like 160?
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
barth
Profile Joined March 2008
Ireland1272 Posts
July 10 2010 08:52 GMT
#10
Hwaseung protoss is best protoss! So good to see BackHo win. If he actually stops sucking OZ may put up a fight next season. Thanks for the translation.
"Somebody you are talking to disappears mid sentence, and the universe shoots you because you talked to someone that wasn`t there." - MasterOfChaos
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
July 10 2010 09:31 GMT
#11
Hiya: SPL is nearing the end. We’ll win the last game too for a good end. I also need to play the two individual leagues. This time I have a goal for the individual leagues, I will fight for the championship. Also thanks to the fans who gave gifts for Jaedong’s 300 wins today, I’ll eat well [laugh]


Baller Alert!

Thank you for the translation!

Happy about Backho. Perfectman could never replace Backho in our hearts! I also like the little shoutouts that he did for Perfectman and Hwaseung Toss. Seems like a passionate guy.
snapcrackle
Profile Joined December 2008
United States568 Posts
July 10 2010 09:49 GMT
#12
What is this 300 wins that jaedong has? is it in just the proleague or total for proleague and starleagues?
Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
July 10 2010 09:58 GMT
#13
On July 10 2010 18:49 snapcrackle wrote:
What is this 300 wins that jaedong has? is it in just the proleague or total for proleague and starleagues?


All kespa sanctioned leagues I would presume.
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
July 10 2010 10:07 GMT
#14
what a bunch of ballers
nonduc
Profile Joined May 2009
Russian Federation405 Posts
July 10 2010 14:33 GMT
#15
On July 10 2010 18:49 snapcrackle wrote:
What is this 300 wins that jaedong has? is it in just the proleague or total for proleague and starleagues?

In so called (Wiki)regular games.
티라노사저그 렉스 화이팅~!
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
July 10 2010 14:48 GMT
#16
Are you sorry you had to leave everything to Perfectman?
(P)BackHo: Of course I feel bad for him. But from another perspective, it’s a chance for Perfectman. Before, when Anytime-hyung was the ace, I was like unemployed, but then he went to the airforce, so my chance came. I felt like I took advantage of the opportunity, but Perfectman didn’t seem to have been able to, which is a pity.

I feel like this answer is drenched in sarcasm.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
DarkMatter_
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1774 Posts
July 10 2010 14:50 GMT
#17
Let us work hard together, and make everyone say “Hwaseung Protosses” are “the best Protosses!”

Haha, that's never happening but I still admire Backho's mindset.
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
July 10 2010 15:30 GMT
#18
I missed Backho so much. Never get hurt again
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
QuakerOats
Profile Joined April 2009
United States1024 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 17:02:44
July 10 2010 17:02 GMT
#19
Let us work hard together, and make everyone say “Hwaseung Protosses” are “the best Protosses!”


Move over Stork and Jangbi, Backho and Perfectman are in town.
serenidite
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)505 Posts
July 10 2010 17:04 GMT
#20
On July 11 2010 02:02 QuakerOats wrote:
Show nested quote +
Let us work hard together, and make everyone say “Hwaseung Protosses” are “the best Protosses!”


Move over Stork and Jangbi, Backho and Perfectman are in town.


who's the best?
Stork/Jangbi? NO

Bisu/Best? NO

ITS



perfectman / backho...
" Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem532
IndyStarCraft 234
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 493
IndyStarCraft 234
Railgan 81
BRAT_OK 75
JuggernautJason10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16625
BeSt 396
Soma 185
Mini 165
Dewaltoss 129
Mind 92
hero 69
Zeus 44
Hyun 39
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 25
Rock 18
NaDa 18
PianO 17
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4786
qojqva3038
420jenkins455
Counter-Strike
fl0m4099
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5109
Khaldor1410
Liquid`Hasu1100
MindelVK11
Other Games
FrodaN1701
B2W.Neo931
byalli444
ArmadaUGS185
Hui .170
QueenE84
Mew2King51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1164
BasetradeTV155
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
StarCraft 2
angryscii 11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 34
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 47
• blackmanpl 21
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4015
League of Legends
• Nemesis2406
Other Games
• imaqtpie649
• Shiphtur283
• WagamamaTV216
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1h
Replay Cast
5h
Afreeca Starleague
16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h
Monday Night Weeklies
22h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.