• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:03
CEST 20:03
KST 03:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10406 users

[Interview] OSL Ro36 Group J Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
July 09 2010 11:11 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Thoughts on your first time in the Ro16?
-I practiced really hard, and I’m glad to have gotten such a good result. I’ll be even happier from now on, and put more into practice.

Thoughts on today’s games?
-Game 1, Eye of the Storm is a Terran favored map, so I practiced the most for the last game, but I ended up 2-0ing, so I’m really happy.

CJ has three players playing.
-I’m the first one playing, and even though it’s not really pressure, I still think I need to play well.

You used your Zerglings well.
-I wanted to do a macro game in game 1, but I lost an Overlord, and the Marines are about to get to my doorstep, so I used 2 Zerglings to scout and confirmed the opponent’s Barrack number, so I felt a Zergling attack would win it.

You don’t look too happy.
-I’ve lost too much in SPL, I feel like I haven’t been playing well. But now that I’m winning in the individual league, I think I’ll perform better from now on.

How’s practice?
-I don’t have much to practice, but since I’ve been playing a lot of ZvTs in SPL, there aren’t many problems. For Dreamliner, Terran has a chance, so I practiced accordingly.

A lot of people say you look like Lee Chung-Yong on the Korean World Cup team.
-A lot of people say it, and after hearing it so much, I’m starting to think it’s true. I like him, so I feel honored.

Thoughts on the OSL?
-I have far reaching goals. I want to get a seed status, and get into the Ro4.

Who do you want to play in the Ro16?
-Because all 3 races are about the same, no one I really want to meet.

Last words?
-We still have SPL game left, but a lot of my teammates still made time to help me practice, so thanks to them. I want to thank KIMDONGWOO and coach Foru.

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=108664&db=interview

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=204651
TranslatorBaa!
Faranth
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
933 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 11:26:20
July 09 2010 11:22 GMT
#2
--- Nuked ---
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
July 09 2010 11:25 GMT
#3
This might be the most uninspired post-match interview I've ever read "You don't look too happy" is right....does Hydra realize he won??

thanks for the translation though csheep
✌
plaszczka
Profile Joined August 2007
Poland376 Posts
July 09 2010 11:29 GMT
#4
thanks for fast translation!
waiting for stork interview
I apologize for all my english mistakes. I used to write really good senteces in this lenguage, but nowadays, i smoke too much weed and drink too much vodka. So you must forgive me :)
LuigiNMario
Profile Joined April 2010
United States456 Posts
July 09 2010 11:55 GMT
#5
On July 09 2010 20:22 Faranth wrote:
Show nested quote +
How’s practice?
-I don’t have much to practice, but since I’ve been playing a lot of ZvTs in SPL, there aren’t many problems. For Dreamliner, Terran has no chance, so I practiced accordingly.

In a MILLION, perhaps...

When there's Flash there's a way.
MisteR
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Netherlands595 Posts
July 09 2010 18:34 GMT
#6
-_- This guy has to have the CJ-face on all the time to counter the ^_^ face (Z)EffOrt has since his league win...
Nal_Ra/Much/Horang2/Flying fighting!~
polgas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1791 Posts
July 09 2010 19:17 GMT
#7
He's learned his -_- face from sKyHigh I think.

Surprising wins considering his SPL fail in Round 5.
Leee Jaee Doong
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
July 09 2010 20:44 GMT
#8
thanks csheep! you should probably put hydra's name in the OP lol
Writer
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
July 09 2010 22:44 GMT
#9
Thanks for taking out two interesting players, Hydra.

Not expecting much but who knows, next by.hero or Shine maybe.
Remember Violet.
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
July 10 2010 04:59 GMT
#10
LOL, this guys got it (-_-) CJ FACE!
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
July 10 2010 05:47 GMT
#11
Grats to Hydra on the upset
▲ ▲ ▲
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
July 10 2010 05:52 GMT
#12
On July 09 2010 20:55 LuigiNMario wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2010 20:22 Faranth wrote:
How’s practice?
-I don’t have much to practice, but since I’ve been playing a lot of ZvTs in SPL, there aren’t many problems. For Dreamliner, Terran has no chance, so I practiced accordingly.

In a MILLION, perhaps...



Meh, the other maps are favoring terran. It's about time there was a Z>T map again.
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
July 12 2010 02:56 GMT
#13
Hydra can only ZvT...

I can see a 2nd yarnc coming.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-12 04:01:17
July 12 2010 04:00 GMT
#14
On July 09 2010 20:22 Faranth wrote:
Show nested quote +
How’s practice?
-I don’t have much to practice, but since I’ve been playing a lot of ZvTs in SPL, there aren’t many problems. For Dreamliner, Terran has a chance, so I practiced accordingly.

In a MILLION, perhaps...

I was very surprised by this result. The loser played disappointingly, but Hydra seized the chance and earned his win.

Thanks for translating!


Actual Korean:

"For Dreamliner, it's doable in Terran if you can survive the early and late game, so I disregarded the comment that it's Zerg favored and practiced hard"

A lot of omitted details like that
blue_ling
Profile Joined December 2008
Romania40 Posts
July 12 2010 05:41 GMT
#15
Sure, baby who eliminated Jaedong must have put up a lot of fight against hydra.
This didn't happen, as the games were short and unfulfilling. Baby looked like he never played TvZ before. This is the only thing to be unhappy for.

Also losing first overlord in both games is not a valid option, but in the end it all turned out for the best for hydra. He deserves his place in ro16, and he can be this OSL's revelation.

Thanks for the translation.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem532
IndyStarCraft 243
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 532
IndyStarCraft 243
Railgan 79
BRAT_OK 75
JuggernautJason29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16131
BeSt 379
Soma 189
Mini 173
Dewaltoss 127
Mind 91
hero 61
Zeus 45
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 25
[ Show more ]
Bale 20
NaDa 18
PianO 18
Rock 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4719
qojqva3038
420jenkins508
Counter-Strike
fl0m4082
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4840
Khaldor1297
Liquid`Hasu1070
MindelVK11
Other Games
FrodaN1720
B2W.Neo810
byalli421
Hui .178
QueenE78
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1144
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 31
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 44
• blackmanpl 23
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4015
League of Legends
• Nemesis2104
Other Games
• imaqtpie610
• Shiphtur294
• WagamamaTV230
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
57m
BSL Open Qualifier
57m
Replay Cast
4h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 57m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.