• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:01
CEST 23:01
KST 06:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7880 users

[HoN] TeamLiquid League - Take 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-30 03:01:23
July 09 2010 05:13 GMT
#1
[image loading]

After the disaster that was the first attempt at the TL HoN League, I have decided to re-initiate the league as promised. All teams and signups from the previous league are erased. I thought it would be fun to set up a friendly HoN tournament within TL. I find HoN to be a great team-based game, and if you can control your rage, a great way to make new friends as well. With no further ado, here we go!

The Principle
I want to get people to know each other through this and have a good time. This will obviously be a 5v5 tournament, and format will be decided based on how many people are interested. Players will be divided into teams of 6, to leave room for one player to miss a match. Everyone will sign up individually and cannot be guaranteed a team with anyone of their choosing. The most important thing about this league will be that it is for fun. Nerd rage, while often understandable, should be restrained to at least semi-private conversations and not include flaming people publicly. I reserve the right to kick anyone out of this league at my own discretion, whether or not I am biased. I will kick you out for whatever I see fit, including but not restricted to bad manner, lying about skill level, and inactivity. This tournament is for anyone of any skill level, and I encourage people to help others learn and enjoy HoN.

The Format
As stated above, signups will be taken and divided into teams of six, with one person designated as the manager to organize their team. Each week, every team will play a match against another team in a round-robin. The match will be played at 18:00 GMT (+00:00) every Saturday by default, but if there is a problem, matches may be reorganized and played at a different time. There will be no walkovers given in this league - it's not too competitive, and it's more important to have the games played. Each match will be a best of 1 Banning Pick (BP) game, played on Forests of Caldavar. The playoffs will follow the format of KeSPA's StarCraft proleague - with the #1 team seeded into the finals and lower teams seeded into lower rounds. The playoff matches will be best of 3. The amount of teams qualifying for the playoffs will be determined by the amount of participating players. Due to the nature of the league, there will be no prize for the winner - I don't want to encourage people to be overly competitive, creating hostility within players.

How to Sign Up
Signups will be mostly the same, with a couple differences from last time. Almost everyone is allowed to sign up, and may do so by submitting this form. The only signup limitation I have, which I really wish I did not have to add, is that you must reside in Europe, Africa or the Americas for the period of this league. This is to avoid inactivity problems and scheduling conflicts. I apologize to any Asian or Australian players who may have been interested up to this point. If you live outside of these boundaries and are, for some reason, sure that this will not cause issues, contact me personally. Please only sign up if you know you will be able to commit for a couple months without any absences of more than a week.

The biggest change from last time will be the following. At the end of the signup period, I will evaluate how many people we have and form teams. If you are an active HoN player in the Teamliquid channel, you will be given priority for placement on a team. If you are not, then you may be cut. My goal this time is to make sure that the league runs smoothly, rather than have as many people as possible participating. Post count and longevity on TL and in the HoN/DotA thread will also be considered when deciding priority for the teams.

After you are placed on a team, you have made a commitment. It is your responsibility to follow this thread, appear on HoN on a fairly consistent basis, and let your team and/or me know whenever you will be absent from the internet for a period of time. I want this to run as smoothly as possible. As I said earlier, there will be 6 players on each team, likely divided by skill. Signups will run until 11:59 EST the night of Sunday, July 18th or until we reach a good number of players (my discretion).

The Schedule
Teams will be formed on Monday, July 19th and your first match will be Saturday, July 24th. The league will run for as many weeks as it takes for a full round robin, and then the following playoffs if your team qualifies. Matches will be most likely streamed and casted by me and other people who may have that capability, mostly from replay.

The Teams
All teams listed with the captain at the top, with IDs in TL // HoN format. Captains, please PM your team members ASAP - if you don't get a response, PM me and I'll try and find replacements. I took every player but two. Wonders/okistar sorry about leaving you out, but I feel like Aussies will just cause too many scheduling problems.

Team 1
Pokebunny // Pokebunny
GazeRocker // GazeRage
ZoW // ZoW
Solinren // Tipanie
craz3d // Crazed
Phelix // ColdWave

Team 2
Nub4ever // iSexy
Butigroove // MrSoloDolo
Amnesia // gunzaa
Etherone // Etherone
rkarhu // Beari
Wardawg // Wardawg

Team 3
Superbia // Imperator
TheTester // TheTester
Groslouser // Groslouzer
infussle // infussle
sinn // sinn`
Optik // Floptik

Team 5
D8ms // Constant (aka Rien)
Wala.Revolution // wala
itzbrandnew // Risen
dandro // dandro
niknak // NkNk
ProdT // Akadia
PENDING: Lopert // Lopert

Team 6
Alur // Alurr
Dead9 // SzpT
GiftPflanZe // FlameHaZe
daz // fr0gpunch
teamsolid // beesu
DarkOptik // rf3ng

Results/Schedule
Week 1
Team 2 vs Team 5
Match ID: 8335120
+ Show Spoiler [winner] +
Team 5

Team 3 vs Team 6
Match ID: 8257391
+ Show Spoiler [winner] +
Team 3


Week 2
Team 1 vs Team 2
Team 5 vs Team 6

I really hope this goes well this time. Post any questions, concerns, and suggestions in the thread.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
July 09 2010 05:26 GMT
#2
I'm in.

Let's make this work.
Stuck.
GiftPflanZe
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Germany623 Posts
July 09 2010 05:41 GMT
#3
I signed up.
...
Nub4ever
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada1981 Posts
July 09 2010 05:45 GMT
#4
Signed up.
Dota 3hard5me
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
July 09 2010 06:08 GMT
#5
I'm in
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
TheMunkey
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada470 Posts
July 09 2010 06:17 GMT
#6
I am ashamed I had to google 3:00 KST
Never give up
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 09 2010 06:37 GMT
#7
I didn't write KST, I used [time] tags. Set your time zone in your profile.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Crimson
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States311 Posts
July 09 2010 08:29 GMT
#8
Signed up. I didn't know there was a TL hon channel... haha.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
July 09 2010 08:37 GMT
#9
Signed up. Hopefully this one will go better than the previous one. Good luck Pokebunny :3.
Minimal effort.
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
July 09 2010 20:14 GMT
#10
I finally have HoN, count me in =)
old
Profile Joined May 2010
United States15 Posts
July 09 2010 20:45 GMT
#11
sounds fun
under hot fluorescent lights
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 09 2010 21:07 GMT
#12
On July 09 2010 17:29 Crimson wrote:
Signed up. I didn't know there was a TL hon channel... haha.


Yeah, I don't do this to seem biased towards people I know, but the first time that I tried this there were many unknown players who signed up and then didn't do anything in terms of communication or being online. I hope to avoid this.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 21:13:22
July 09 2010 21:13 GMT
#13
what happened with the last attempt? I see like 15 pages in that thread so it can't have been that bad..
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 09 2010 21:15 GMT
#14
On July 10 2010 06:13 JeeJee wrote:
what happened with the last attempt? I see like 15 pages in that thread so it can't have been that bad..

Teams got really disorganized and no one ever practiced, first match day was a total failure, so I decided to just start over.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 21:25:43
July 09 2010 21:25 GMT
#15
ah yeah.. i just skimmed through the thread
i think this needs to be re-posted from there
On May 14 2010 00:40 Alur wrote:
I would assume that the purpose of having managers, is that they're able to find out what time their team can play, and then coordinate it with the other teams manager (all via pm) to schedule when the match is taking place - as opposed to players randomly posting their preferences in the thread.


in other words, i guess managers playing is fine, but their primary role should be co-ordinating the teams instead to make sure the matches actually happen by having people actually show up. ditto for practices beforehand, and so on
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Groslouser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
France337 Posts
July 09 2010 21:31 GMT
#16
signed up.

i hope this will work. I put 'no' to me managing a team because i am really bad at dealing with people, but if there is a lack of managers i can give a try.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
July 09 2010 21:45 GMT
#17
I'm signing up. ;OOOO I play only carries and semi-carries =)
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
July 09 2010 22:14 GMT
#18
Wish I could, but I'm working 17 hours a week atm... if it works and there's a league during the school year, I'd love to sign up for that!
SUNSFANNED
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
July 10 2010 12:22 GMT
#19
Signed up. Hope this goes well.

And I hope that there's enough incentive for people to show up, if you look at the previous installment of this, along with things such as the tl altitude league, it died out due to players simply not showing. Were going to need firm and active managers, along with players that are aware of the responsibility they have when they've signed up.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
sinn
Profile Joined May 2010
United States132 Posts
July 10 2010 12:32 GMT
#20
Signed up and looking forward to playing! I'm a long time fan of HoN and joined TL for sc2...this is pretty much a clashing of worlds here for me :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 450
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m4471
Fnx 563
minikerr6
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4363
Liquid`Hasu617
Other Games
summit1g5032
Liquid`RaSZi1675
FrodaN547
XaKoH 383
ToD246
C9.Mang0159
RotterdaM102
QueenE63
JuggernautJason34
Mew2King30
PPMD26
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream14
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21127
Other Games
• Shiphtur955
• imaqtpie660
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 59m
Patches Events
18h 59m
The PondCast
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.