• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8331 users

[Interview] Wemade vs. Woongjin Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 20:40:09
July 04 2010 20:31 GMT
#1
[image loading]
Stars is so homo it’s cute <3

Thoughts on the team winning?
Zero: To be able to win with the younger members and the very good free is my honor [laugh]
Free: Recently we often get sniped by Wemade, to be able to win like this is good. To be able to win with the kind Zero for the team makes me happy [laugh] Compared to Soulkey, Zero seems nicer. [laugh]
Soulkey: Today’s victory preserves our hopes for the playoffs, which makes us happy. But the words of the two hyungs before me are so annoying [laugh] So phony.

You have a 3 win ZvZ streak.
Zero: To be able to leave the losing streak, I have to get into a winning streak. I seem to be playing better now. Honestly, it’ll be difficult for our team to get into the playoffs, so I think it’s actually more helpful if we don’t dwell on anything.

You were at a disadvantage in the opening.
Zero: Even though I was surprised in the beginning, but because I did decently in practice, if I could defend it well, I had a chance. I think if I played like I did in practice, I could win, so I faced it calmly.

We also saw your amazing engagement abilities.
Free: I felt when the opponent started harassing in the beginning that I had a chance if I defended it, but his second harass made me lose a lot of Probes, so I was at a disadvantage economically, but I’m confident in my head on engagements, so I won in the end.

You had a very aggressive game.
Free: After I got the 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock expansions, if I did a defensive management style I could’ve won more easily, but I guess my nature is to attack head on, so I did. After the game ended I kept reflecting on that.

Did you expect Mind?
Soulkey: I expected a Terran, but didn’t think it would be Mind. I thought it would be Baby or Midas.

Your burrowed Drones did a lot.
Soulkey: It was a prepared strategy. I more or less expected the Starport strategy, so I was prepared. Assistant coach Kim suggested my build.

There’s still a chance for the playoffs.
Zero: We really want to advance. We won, and gave Wemade a 2 loss streak, which is good for us. Even though we’re not focusing on it, but we still haven’t given up. We’re waiting for a miracle.

As an ace player, is it disappointing to not have gotten into the playoffs?
Free: I didn’t play much is one, and another thing is I lost too much. It’s about the same situation as last season, and so we’re eliminated, so I’m scared it would be like that again. I should have performed well when faced with danger, but unfortunately I couldn’t. But our team’s strategy isn’t bad, I reflected on this a lot, and we’ll do better next season. Of course this doesn’t mean we’ve given up this season. We’re waiting for a miracle.

You didn’t play much, are there regrets?
Soulkey: I think it’s mainly because I’m still lacking in ability.

Today’s interview isn’t like usual, everyone’s complimenting one another, why?
Zero: I’m the younger one. After the OSL interview, I made the kind free feel unhappy, I’m currently in deep reflection on that. From now, I need to make sure everyone knows what the real free is like. Last time it seems I said the wrong thing, sorry.
Free: I have something huge on Zero [laugh] Zero is usually very careful in the dorm life, but he said something wrong, and now I have something against him. So I said I’ll reveal it to the world, if he doesn’t want it, he’d better behave. [laugh] But really Zero is a very nice little brother. If I have a good relationship with Zero, our team will be better of course.
Soulkey: The fight between the hyungs is so very interesting [laugh] Joking, the hyungs get along well in the dorm, so I guess that’s why we can have an interview like this.

You’re in the Dream League finals.
Soulkey: We’re confident in winning. We have the belief that we must win.

Plans for the remaining games?
Zero: Even though it’s difficult to get into the playoffs, because there’s still hope, we’ll do our best in the remaining two games. If we’re lucky, every team ahead of us will lose.
Free: Before R4 we were in the upper half of the rankings, and we thought we could get to the playoffs, but now it’s like this. I think the fans are disappointed. But in the remaining two games we’ll do everything we can to perform well and repay the fans’ support.
Soulkey: We’ll win the remaining games and get into the playoffs.

Last words?
Zero: The opening in the second game of OSL was recommended by the assistant coach, but I didn’t mention it in the interview, which made him depressed. Even though it’s a bit late now, I’ll still say thanks. I’m usually very grateful to him, I hope he understands. Lastly I have to say, looking at free today, he’s uncharacteristically handsome [laugh]
Free: The team finally won, but it tastes a bit bitter. I’m about to play in the MSL, I hope the fans can leave me messages to increase my power. I hope everyone supports me, and I’ll try to prove my worth in the games. Even though we disappointed the fans, I hope no one leaves us. I also think Zero’s exceptionally cute today, and got taller, and looks very good [laugh]
Soulkey: When preparing, assistant coach Kim gave me a lot of suggestions. Also, assistant coach Son helped me analyze the opponent’s strategies, which gave me a lot of help. Thanks to them a lot. Also, I think both hyungs are bit strange today [laugh] Impossible to get used to this…

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=108498&db=interview

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=204127&extra=page=1
TranslatorBaa!
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
July 04 2010 20:36 GMT
#2
This interview is so cute.

Stars <3
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Yggdrasil Leaf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
221 Posts
July 04 2010 20:36 GMT
#3
O_O at the pictures
"A person hears only what they understand" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 04 2010 20:39 GMT
#4
CSheep is so homo.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
ella_guru
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada1741 Posts
July 04 2010 20:40 GMT
#5
Finally. People!
Each day gets better : )
QibingZero
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
2611 Posts
July 04 2010 20:43 GMT
#6
This is an absolutely hilarious interview.

Really hope the stars keep this kind of attitude regardless of their disappointment on how they've ended this season.
Oh, my eSports
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
July 04 2010 20:51 GMT
#7
Thanks for the interview! Zero Fighting! and i did lol at the *slightly* homo pictures.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
July 04 2010 20:52 GMT
#8
On July 05 2010 05:31 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Last words?
Zero: Lastly I have to say, looking at free today, he’s uncharacteristically handsome [laugh]
[

I lol'd so hard. This interview is amazing, thanks for translating!
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
July 04 2010 21:01 GMT
#9
Stars is even gayer then Lomo and Jaedong! Haha :D

Thanks for the interview
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
July 04 2010 21:04 GMT
#10
lol wtf :D hilarious interview
beep boop
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
July 04 2010 21:12 GMT
#11
Woongjin Stars may not get into playoffs, but they sure do win the homoerotic contest.
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
July 04 2010 21:14 GMT
#12
Stars is easily the most adorable team :3
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
July 04 2010 21:14 GMT
#13
On July 05 2010 05:39 flamewheel wrote:
CSheep is so homo.


Just for you baby <3
TranslatorBaa!
Weavile
Profile Joined September 2008
United States97 Posts
July 04 2010 21:17 GMT
#14
This kind of interview reminds me why I love Stars.
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
July 04 2010 21:56 GMT
#15
This is normal Korean male affection, nothing close to homo O_o
If you were kidding, then it seems I can't take a joke,
▲ ▲ ▲
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
July 04 2010 22:02 GMT
#16
On July 05 2010 06:56 Taekwon wrote:
This is normal Korean male affection, nothing close to homo O_o
If you were kidding, then it seems I can't take a joke,


I'm pretty sure everyone's kidding. It's just the pictures, accompanied with the following make the whole thing so hilariously homoerotic:

"Lastly I have to say, looking at free today, he’s uncharacteristically handsome"
"I also think Zero’s exceptionally cute today, and got taller, and looks very good"

But hey, it's not like TL isn't also constantly fixated on progamer's looks too... Bisu or Reach, anyone?
QibingZero
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
2611 Posts
July 04 2010 22:20 GMT
#17
On July 05 2010 07:02 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 06:56 Taekwon wrote:
This is normal Korean male affection, nothing close to homo O_o
If you were kidding, then it seems I can't take a joke,


I'm pretty sure everyone's kidding. It's just the pictures, accompanied with the following make the whole thing so hilariously homoerotic:

"Lastly I have to say, looking at free today, he’s uncharacteristically handsome"
"I also think Zero’s exceptionally cute today, and got taller, and looks very good"

But hey, it's not like TL isn't also constantly fixated on progamer's looks too... Bisu or Reach, anyone?


Nadaaaa
Oh, my eSports
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
July 04 2010 22:24 GMT
#18
Zero and Free always do those cutesy pictures lol *Thinks of the one where Zero is looking down free's shirt*

THX for the interview!!
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
Yggdrasil Leaf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
221 Posts
July 04 2010 22:25 GMT
#19
On July 05 2010 07:02 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 06:56 Taekwon wrote:
This is normal Korean male affection, nothing close to homo O_o
If you were kidding, then it seems I can't take a joke,


I'm pretty sure everyone's kidding. It's just the pictures, accompanied with the following make the whole thing so hilariously homoerotic:

"Lastly I have to say, looking at free today, he’s uncharacteristically handsome"
"I also think Zero’s exceptionally cute today, and got taller, and looks very good"

But hey, it's not like TL isn't also constantly fixated on progamer's looks too... Bisu or Reach, anyone?


TL proves that men are secretly attracted by both sexes.
"A person hears only what they understand" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
saikeraku
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada2933 Posts
July 04 2010 23:19 GMT
#20
Haha what a cute interview.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7988
Rain 3592
Leta 2445
Soulkey 404
Soma 335
BeSt 302
soO 259
Rush 231
firebathero 169
Barracks 154
[ Show more ]
Stork 130
Sexy 65
Killer 37
Shinee 34
Shine 27
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Sharp 15
sorry 12
yabsab 11
Noble 7
zelot 6
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc3991
XcaliburYe186
League of Legends
JimRising 496
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
gofns28303
WinterStarcraft686
singsing456
Pyrionflax187
Sick153
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 66
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2210
• WagamamaTV0
League of Legends
• Jankos2443
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
33m
Patches Events
5h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 33m
OSC
13h 33m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.