• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9673 users

[Interview] OSL Group H, I Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-02 13:15:09
July 02 2010 12:50 GMT
#1
okay hiya isn't out yet but action is! And i'll do hiya when it comes out...



Action: Since I've achieved my first goal, now I want to make it to the semi finals
[image loading]


- You managed to make it to the round of 16 in very quickly. How does it feel?
▲ It's my first time going into the Starleague but rather than being satisfied at the round of 16, I want to climb even higher.

- You profited a lot from early Zerglings in both of the games
▲ I came in thinking that I would play offensively. But when I scouted my opponent continually with my drone, he took a lot of risks [T/N: "He was gutsy"]. So I made even more Zerglings and struck him hard.

- In the first game of the round of 36, you lost your first game without being able to do anything. Were you nervous since it was the first match?
▲ Since this was the first time playing in the Starleague, the environment was different from what I had expected. Because of that I was more nervous than I had expected. So I wasn't able to play like I had thought.

- Are you satisfied with your games after debuting in the Starleague?
▲ While I was a bit shaky against Protoss, I'm satisfied to a certain extent. While I did make a lot of mistakes in my Terran matchup, overall I am satisfied. But I'm still nervous since this is my first Starleague.

- This will be your first time doing the Starleague group selection.
▲ I think it'll be a really awkward stage. Starleague seems to change how they do group selection every time, so I'm curious how they'll run it this season. Since this is my first group selection I want to do well and I hope I get a good group

- What kind of groups would you like to get?
▲ I want to avoid Zergs. I'm still not confident in my Zerg play, so I want to play with Terran and Protoss.

- You may be selected by the winner since this is your first Starleague.
▲ Even if I'm chosen by players or races I dislike, I'm not planning on dodging anything. If I'm put into the group with the previous winner then I'll prepare diligently to do my best to win.

- What's your goal this season?
▲ My initial goal was round of 16. But now I got a little ambitious after playing today. Since I've met my 1st goal, now I want to make it to the semifinals.

- Anything you want to say?
▲ I had to go to Yeosoo yesterday to take my finals. But since my exams and my matches overlapped, my parents and my relatives took special care for me. The car didn't turn out the way we had thought so I came back on an airplane. I'm thankful [to them] for recognizing me and taking care of me.

Source: Fomos



Hiya: I want to show entertaining matches
[image loading]


- How does feel to finally make it to the round of 16?
▲ This time, I've been able to make it to the round of 16 for the first time, but I think how Starleague sets up their matches is really demanding to climb up to the round of 16. But I'm happy I met my first goal of making it to the round of 16.

- You must have felt burdened after dueling with Reach and winning in the first match of round of 36
▲ Even up to the Starleague preliminaries, I wanted Reach hyung to make it to the round of 16. But after the groups were established and I saw that I was playing him, I thought that if I had won, I would be heavily flamed [T/N: original "chafed", but used for criticism] if I had to put it vulgarly. But since I beat Reach hyung and made it to the round of 16, I will also do Reach hyung's share. I clenched my teeth even more playing today because I had won in the previous set.

- Your late game management was good in the first game.
▲ I thought I was at a huge disadvantage my first game, but I was able to win due to my opponent's mistake. I made a lot of mistakes, but Shine made even more mistakes so I got lucky.

- You lost to Zerglings rather helplessly on the second game.
▲ While I had expected it, the timing was a lot faster than I had expected. Shine is really good at that kind of players so I expected something like that but I was flustered since the timing was really fast, and because of that I lost rather helplessly.

- On the other hand you had a sweeping victory on the third set.
▲ While I considered Shine's style, I honestly did not think he would try the same strategy. But he played the same way as the first set, so I thought I would win if I could just survive early on.

- You kept saying in every interview "I want to do well in the individual leagues like Jaedong"
▲ Of course that's the case. But I don't think it has ever been this busy while I was a progamer. I'm in both individual leagues and in some time I have to prepare for WCG. But I want to prepare even more so I can repay the fans with entertaining games.

- You made an impression in the MSL group selection so there must be a lot of fans expecting something from the Starleague group selection.
▲ But I think the Starleague and the MSL group selection feels a little different. The MSL is rowdy with players other than myself doing a lot of ceremonies, but I think the Starleague is a little bit more like an award ceremony and feels a little bit more heavy. And since I've done continually done ceremonies in the MSL so it feels natural, but it's a bit awkward since this is my first Starleague. I'm still thinking about what I should do for the group ceremony. But since a lot of fans will be expecting something, I will not let them down. I will do my best to not disappoint my fans. I think it'll be entertaining if I do a funny ceremony in that strict atmosphere of the Starleague (laugh).

- Getting to the Proleague postseason will be extremely difficult now.
▲ We really tried hard but as we lost, we're at the verge of elimination. But if the other teams lose all their games and we win all our games, things can change. Because it hasn't completely ended yet, I will not let go of the strings of hope and continue diligently. And while we weren't able to show our best selves this season, next season we will be show the strong Hwaseung Oz from before.

- Is there a specific group you're hoping for from the Starleague group selection?
▲ After the round of 16 game ended, I knew after looking at the list of matches. There wasn't a player that had less name value than me. So I plan on playing in the round of 16 with the goal of learning a thing or two from the better players, rather than going for absolute victory.

- What is your second goal for this season?
▲ My goal now is to get a seed by making it into the semifinals. While I did a lot of standard plays recently, I want to play a lot of entertaining matches from the round of 16 and on. My goal is to show entertaining matches to the fans.

- Anything else you want to say?
▲ The fourth anniversary of my debut was our match against Ace. Many people in my fancafe and Hwaseung gallery gave me a lot of presents. I really wanted to win then so I could do an interview. I was disappointed that I had lost. But I want to borrow this opportunity to send them a message of thanks. I will try my best to be a more mature, grown-up HiyA at the 5th, 6th, 7th anniversary.

Source: Fomos
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
July 02 2010 12:53 GMT
#2
I am really glad that Action is around after UpMagic's departure.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
July 02 2010 13:15 GMT
#3
HiyA is done
dtnmang
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam752 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-02 13:20:15
July 02 2010 13:19 GMT
#4
Dayum, Action looks smug. There are a lot of potential Royal Roaders this season.
So where's the interview of Zero, Mr. Noobbasher?oh lol it's in the other topic
KT Roflster - the lulziest team of Proleague.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-02 15:34:32
July 02 2010 15:34 GMT
#5
I will try my best to be a more mature, grown-up HiyA at the 5th, 6th, 7th anniversary


Gyarados FTW.

Thank you for the translation!

Looking forward to the Hiya ceremony!
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
July 02 2010 15:36 GMT
#6
On July 03 2010 00:34 dukethegold wrote:
Show nested quote +
I will try my best to be a more mature, grown-up HiyA at the 5th, 6th, 7th anniversary


Gyarados FTW.

Thank you for the translation!

Looking forward to the Hiya ceremony!


Jaedong "i'm going to kill everyone glare" eyes with Hiya's Mouth

scary thought
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
July 02 2010 15:50 GMT
#7
action such a badass
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
ella_guru
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada1741 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-02 15:50:26
July 02 2010 15:50 GMT
#8
I'm thankful [to them] for recognizing me and taking care of me.



Poor action, not even his family can recognize frogboy.
Each day gets better : )
Rio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Vietnam598 Posts
July 02 2010 15:50 GMT
#9
Hiya: I want to show entertaining matches
U always did
What ever ---------------------------------------------------™
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
July 02 2010 16:21 GMT
#10
WHAT did Hiya do during his group ceremony? I missed it
I know last season it was Osama Bin Laden.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
July 02 2010 16:37 GMT
#11
On July 02 2010 22:19 dtnmang wrote:
Dayum, Action looks smug. There are a lot of potential Royal Roaders this season.
So where's the interview of Zero, Mr. Noobbasher?oh lol it's in the other topic

Yep, and some of these Royal Roaders have a legitimate shot at winning (See Free).
God Bless
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
July 02 2010 16:37 GMT
#12
On July 03 2010 01:21 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
WHAT did Hiya do during his group ceremony? I missed it
I know last season it was Osama Bin Laden.

He did Rain's Love Song with a dolphin plushie (I think it was a dolphin?)
God Bless
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
July 02 2010 16:45 GMT
#13
On July 03 2010 01:37 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2010 01:21 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
WHAT did Hiya do during his group ceremony? I missed it
I know last season it was Osama Bin Laden.

He did Rain's Love Song with a dolphin plushie (I think it was a dolphin?)


It was so baller, especially the way he held that dolphin.
nayumi
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia6499 Posts
July 02 2010 17:13 GMT
#14
On July 03 2010 00:36 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2010 00:34 dukethegold wrote:
I will try my best to be a more mature, grown-up HiyA at the 5th, 6th, 7th anniversary


Gyarados FTW.

Thank you for the translation!

Looking forward to the Hiya ceremony!


Jaedong "i'm going to kill everyone glare" eyes with Hiya's Mouth

scary thought

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

now image of Jaedong with Hiya's mouth is stuck in my mind ...

can't unthink

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGG
Sugoi monogatari onii-chan!
HeadhunteR
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Argentina1258 Posts
July 02 2010 17:32 GMT
#15
good for action meh for hiya.. go action!!
in The Kong line forever
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 02 2010 18:18 GMT
#16
But since I beat Reach hyung and made it to the round of 16, I will also do Reach hyung's share. I clenched my teeth even more playing today because I had won in the previous set.

Respect for the Magikarp.

Milkis adorbz

Also Action is a baller.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
July 02 2010 19:01 GMT
#17
where is zero's interview?
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
July 02 2010 19:52 GMT
#18
YEAH! im so glad these guys made it! definitely who i wanted to get through. There were some really tense moments in the games but i'm glad that these guys pulled through!
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
ZiZi Yo
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands102 Posts
July 02 2010 20:44 GMT
#19
On July 03 2010 01:21 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
WHAT did Hiya do during his group ceremony? I missed it
I know last season it was Osama Bin Laden.


This: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
*¬*
Too many "#1 김택용 fanboys" ¬_¬ // "난 그냥 메가가 아니에요" XD // CellaWeRRa, the hamburgerrist~~~
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
July 02 2010 21:16 GMT
#20
Glad to see Hiya prepping for WCG, hopefully he'll do a ceremony for the world
▲ ▲ ▲
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O110
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason188
BRAT_OK 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15409
Artosis 791
Mini 252
ZZZero.O 110
Mind 76
Hyun 38
NaDa 25
Bale 21
Dota 2
qojqva2563
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1897
Counter-Strike
Fnx 4
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5992
Khaldor1325
Liquid`Hasu1016
MindelVK12
Other Games
summit1g6586
FrodaN2131
B2W.Neo744
byalli303
ToD236
Railgan37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1299
BasetradeTV275
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
StarCraft 2
angryscii 34
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• Adnapsc2 33
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• FirePhoenix9
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie926
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 59m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.