• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:39
CEST 23:39
KST 06:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8099 users

[Interview] Korean Air Starleague RO36Day 4 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-26 01:01:49
June 25 2010 14:41 GMT
#1
Leta: Not even enteritis can stop my passion
[image loading]


Q: You have returned to the round of sixteen after a year.
A: For the last year, I kept on getting eliminated in the round of 36 so it was really difficult. I did not look like an ace during that time so I felt bad. If I'm the team ace, then shouldn't I do well not just in the proleagues but in the individual leagues too? I think my slump in the individual leagues affected my proleague play.

Q: You used a strategy with two starports in the second set.
A: Kwanro used a build that was extremely weak to wraiths. So I was at ease, but after I took a look around my opponent's base, he had a lot more drones than I thought. I could have won a lot more easily but I think Kwanro managed his game well.

Q: What's the most important part of using a two starport build?
A: Knowing when to harass and knowing when to defend is important. There is a timing window that only I know so my two starport strategy is a lot scarier than other players'.

Q: You likely didn't get to practice much because of your illness, but your play was admirable.
A: I started thinking about a lot of strategies and fine tuning my builds yesterday. Because it was a situation where I didn't get a lot of practice, I tried to think a lot. If it wasn't for coach Joo JIn Chul, I would have been alone and I could have lost because of that.

Q: We heard that when you were in the hospital, you got passes to go out just so that you can practice.
A: Isn't it something expected of a pro? Because it'd be bad if my hands stiffened, I thought that I should get outdoor passes to practice. Because I really wanted to make it to this year's starleague, not even an obstacle like enteritis was able to stop my passion.

Q: It's been a while since you did a group selection ceremony.
A: I think the fans will like the fact that I'll be involved in the group selection ceremony. My parents also wanted me to do well on the individual leagues. So I want to get a good record this time.

Q: If you are eliminated from the Starleague, then you'll be on a break for 4 months.
A: I felt really depressed when I was eliminated from the MSL qualifiers. Because I thought that I definitely needed to make it into the Starleague, I was able to make it.

Q: Any last words?
A: Lately Britney has been losing a lot and has been depressed because of that. I want to tell him to cheer up. Also, I want to sincerely thank everyone who provided me with a lot of help on qualifying for round of sixteen in the Starleague.

When my parents saw articles about my health, they worried a lot. They felt terrible that their son was so sick away from home. I think I did a disservice to my parents so I want to apologize, and I will do my best to show them my healthy and active sides more often.



Fantasy: The Kong line is accepting newcomers!
[image loading]


Q: This is your sixth consecutive time making it to the round of 16.
A: I actually worried a lot. It has been a while since I played a Protoss in a broadcasted match, and my opponent was Brave who beat Light, so I got nervous before the game started. I'm relieved that I had won.

Q: Your vulture movement was a work of art.
A: When I looked at my opponent's game concept, it was a style that used brute force. So I wanted to play the game defensively. But after watching him get shaken heavily by the vultures in the first set, I just went all out with vultures on the second set. If I was my opponent I would be annoyed.

Q: There are people who are saying your vultures are cheating.
A: When I play with other team players, my opponents really do get shaken a lot by them. While my teammates are immune to my vultures, they work really well against players from other teams so I get more confident in my vulture control during the games.

Q: Yesterday was the MSL group selection so you must have lacked the time to practice.
A: While yesterday was the group selection, [T/N: So he wasn't able to practice, this is what he's trying to imply with it] I was always confident in my matchup against Protoss so I wasn't burdened at all. After the group selection, the fans also ketp the fan meeting short to prepare for today's game. I was able to win because of my fan's sacrifices. I want to thank them wholeheartedly.

Q: The team has been doing well in the proleague followed by Bisu's resurrection. Should we expect great exploits from the BeST-Bisu-Fantasy trio?
A: Bisu hyung has been really good in practice so I've been losing often too. Once Bisu recovers his force in the broadcast games, we can become the strongest team.

Q: If you had to predict Bisu's result for ro36?
A: When coming to the stadium together, Bisu hyung was worried and burdened a lot. However, he's someone who plays even better in broadcast games so I believe he will win.

Q: What would you like to see in the ro16 groups?
A: I'm pretty confident in my Zerg matchup recently so I want to play against a Zerg. Or I want a Zerg, a Protoss, and a Terran in my group so I can show off my matchups against all three races.

Q: You have joined the Kong line after winning runnerup twice in a row in Starleague. Yu need to win in the Starleague so you can resign from the Kong line...
A: I think it's tiem that I resign from the Kong line. I should leave and receive a new member. I haven't felt it yet but after the Round of 16 is finalized, I will get a feel (laugh). I need to receive a new member into the Kong line quickly so I can resign! (laugh)

Q: You need to wait until Bisu is finished with the matches.
A: I want to have a long fan meeting today. More fans than I had expected showed up yesterday and today. They cheered me on loudly so I was able to play. I want to thank them sincerely.

Q: Any last words?
A: Today's Canata hyung's birthday. He told me that the best gift I could get him was to win today, so I'm relieved that I could meet that promise. I'm also buying tasty food for Best and By.Sun who helped me practice up to coming to the stadium.



Bisu: I want to get rid of "Kim Yong Taek"
[image loading]
[T/N: Kim Yong Taek is Bisu's first name reversed, I think it's used for mocking but I'm not sure]


Q: You have returned to the round of 16 after three seasons.
A: When I lost to Shine and was eliminated from the round of 36, I was really sad. I was also hurt because I thought I wouldn't have a relationship with Starleague anymore. But now that I returned to the round of 16 after three seasons, I'm overwhelmed with emotions. I'm really happy.

Q: "Kim Taek Shin" [T/N: Replaced the last letter of Bisu's name with the word for "god"] has descended upon us in todays' game.
A: I honestly think I was really lucky. I don't think I did particularly well. After easily catching three lurkers from Hyvaa, I was able to catch Overlords with Corsairs. I was lucky.

Q: Your play in the 2nd set was perfect.
A: My opponent lost two overlords from the beginning so he didn't know I was using a two Stargate strategy. I was very satisfied playing that match (laugh)

Q: How did you prepare for today's match?
A: I didn't get to prepare too much due to yesterday's MSL group selection ceremony. As I was playing I thought playing against Zerg was really hard. My winning rate wasn't too good so I was worried but luckily I was able to win.

Q: You showed amazing gameplay in the first round against Mind.
A: Rather than me playing well, my opponent made a lot of mistakes. In the first set, Mind should have cleared the mines, and in the 2nd set, my Reaver control was better than what I had expected. Normally my control during broadcasts aren't very good but I think it was just really good that day. It's strange when I think about it (laugh)

Q: Do you feel like you're out of your slump?
A: I feel like I'm still lacking in a lot of ways. Rather than winning in some high ranked place, I've been winning in the lower parts of the league so I have no confirmation of my skill. I think the fact that I did win is very important though. If I continue my winning streak then I can push with that spirit to play even better.

Q: What kind of players do you want to meet in the round of 16?
A: A while back I wanted to be in the same group as good players, but recently now I want to make it to the round of 16 safely and play against really good players in high places. I don't think it will matter what race I play.

Q: What do you think of "Kim Yong Taek"
A: I want to get rid of it immediately. It is a player I don't want close to me. I always want to be "Kim Taek Shin". It's really just "Kim Taek Shin" playing badly. "Kim Yong Taek" doesn't exist (laugh)

Q: What do you think about your many nicknames?
A: After hearing a lot of them I've gotten used to them (laugh). When people around me start calling me in those names and having fun, it also became fun for me (laugh)

Q: Any last words?
A: I'm really happy I returned to the Starleague. I have never won in a Starleague before so I will play like this is my last chance this Starleague.



Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr
HeadhunteR
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Argentina1258 Posts
June 25 2010 14:46 GMT
#2
SKT1 shapeing up! gogog bisu! go Fantasy ! go Best! go Hyuk! go s2!... thnkx for the translations!!
in The Kong line forever
M2
Profile Joined December 2002
Bulgaria4180 Posts
June 25 2010 14:48 GMT
#3
SKT looks like favorite for the proleague again, regardless of what position they will end up finishing
Knife kitty, night kitty, put you on a slab. Stealthy kitty, hunter kitty, stab stab stab :-)
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
June 25 2010 14:51 GMT
#4
LOL the Kong line.

Doesn't Jangbi also qualify in that category?

Imagine if Fantasy goes to the Finals and gets 2nd place again. X_X

hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
June 25 2010 14:56 GMT
#5
On June 25 2010 23:41 Milkis wrote:
Q: What would you like to see in the ro16 groups?
A: I'm pretty confident in my Zerg matchup recently so I want to play against a Zerg. Or I want a Zerg, a Protoss, and a Terran in my group so I can show off my matchups against all three races.


What can be more ballsy than that? ^^
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
June 25 2010 15:00 GMT
#6

A: I actually worried a lot. It has been a while since I played a Protoss in a broadcasted match, and my opponent was Brave who beat Light, so I got nervous before the game started.

A: While yesterday was the group selection, I was always confident in my matchup against Protoss so I wasn't burdened at all.

What?
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
June 25 2010 15:10 GMT
#7
On June 25 2010 23:51 Apex wrote:
LOL the Kong line.

Doesn't Jangbi also qualify in that category?

Imagine if Fantasy goes to the Finals and gets 2nd place again. X_X


I actually wish Fantasy would lose to Bisu in the FINALS.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-25 15:16:58
June 25 2010 15:16 GMT
#8
On June 26 2010 00:00 okum wrote:
Show nested quote +

A: I actually worried a lot. It has been a while since I played a Protoss in a broadcasted match, and my opponent was Brave who beat Light, so I got nervous before the game started.

A: While yesterday was the group selection, I was always confident in my matchup against Protoss so I wasn't burdened at all.

What?


If you read the context he meant that "Because yesterday was the group selection I wasn't able to practice" due to the implication from the interviewer's question. I added a T/N to make that clearer. Sorry for the confusion.

Bisu is up. Leta will come in the evening, I have a hard time typing right now
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
June 25 2010 15:18 GMT
#9
"Mind shoould have eliminated the mines (T/N: Um, what?)"

Refers to the first match where he zealot dropped and fucked like 4 of his tanks with 1 zealot.
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
June 25 2010 15:21 GMT
#10
Bisuu!! Win this OSL please!
ggaemo fan
FVV190
Profile Joined December 2009
China15 Posts
June 25 2010 15:24 GMT
#11
http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_51094.html

according to the chinese translater, people call bisu "Kim Yong Taek" when he is playing poorly in order to express the meaning of "we do not know this guy"
FVV190 from wfbrood
Radiomouse
Profile Joined November 2009
Netherlands209 Posts
June 25 2010 15:30 GMT
#12
Kim taek shin has returned, make way for the true god of starcraft flash!
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
June 25 2010 15:31 GMT
#13
On June 26 2010 00:24 FVV190 wrote:
http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_51094.html

according to the chinese translater, people call bisu "Kim Yong Taek" when he is playing poorly in order to express the meaning of "we do not know this guy"


if anyone is still confused about this, it's the same thing when we call Calm "Clam" whenever Calm plays bad
dats racist
podzim
Profile Joined March 2010
Czech Republic41 Posts
June 25 2010 15:45 GMT
#14
Thanks for the interview, nice to see both Fantasy and Bisu advancing.

Btw will there be Leta's interview since he also advanced ?
The glass is already broken
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
June 25 2010 15:52 GMT
#15
On June 26 2010 00:31 MrHoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2010 00:24 FVV190 wrote:
http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_51094.html

according to the chinese translater, people call bisu "Kim Yong Taek" when he is playing poorly in order to express the meaning of "we do not know this guy"


if anyone is still confused about this, it's the same thing when we call Calm "Clam" whenever Calm plays bad

I think it's pretty astounding that an almost identical meme developed in both the foreign and Korean communities.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Rio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Vietnam598 Posts
June 25 2010 16:02 GMT
#16
Where Leta
What ever ---------------------------------------------------™
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
June 25 2010 16:05 GMT
#17
On June 26 2010 00:52 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2010 00:31 MrHoon wrote:
On June 26 2010 00:24 FVV190 wrote:
http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_51094.html

according to the chinese translater, people call bisu "Kim Yong Taek" when he is playing poorly in order to express the meaning of "we do not know this guy"


if anyone is still confused about this, it's the same thing when we call Calm "Clam" whenever Calm plays bad

I think it's pretty astounding that an almost identical meme developed in both the foreign and Korean communities.


What about Hyuk hyuked himself?:D
ggaemo fan
yarkO
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada810 Posts
June 25 2010 16:09 GMT
#18
On June 26 2010 00:52 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2010 00:31 MrHoon wrote:
On June 26 2010 00:24 FVV190 wrote:
http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_51094.html

according to the chinese translater, people call bisu "Kim Yong Taek" when he is playing poorly in order to express the meaning of "we do not know this guy"


if anyone is still confused about this, it's the same thing when we call Calm "Clam" whenever Calm plays bad

I think it's pretty astounding that an almost identical meme developed in both the foreign and Korean communities.


I think it's amazing that up until about a week and a half ago, I thought 'meme' was pronounced MeeMee, not meem.

o.O
When you are prepared, there's no such thing as pressure.
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
June 25 2010 16:13 GMT
#19
thanks for the translation
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 25 2010 16:18 GMT
#20
Bisu, fantasy, Leta.
Hey, I'm happy.
Wow Bisu!
Must go watch games.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 264
Nina 106
SteadfastSC 99
StarCraft: Brood War
910 62
Bale 12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD42
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1000
Other Games
summit1g7173
Grubby2312
shahzam643
C9.Mang0194
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 69
• Hupsaiya 45
• Hinosc 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21308
Other Games
• imaqtpie839
• Shiphtur291
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 21m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 21m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.