• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6822 users

[Bnet2.0] Imagine

Blogs > 7mk
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-05 22:25:50
June 05 2010 21:36 GMT
#1
Hey there, here's a little song about Battle.net 2.0.
I wrote it like a week ago, by now I feel it's become rather pointless since blizzard is well aware of the issue and dont need some idiot to take a great song and turn it into shit for that but oh well I still felt like recording it today because why not.

I'm sure you all know the original by Lennon, my version sounds a bit darker because my guitar is in D minor open tuning right now and I'm too lazy to change that to play it like the original.
Didn't put much effort into any of this, was even too lazy to use a metronome to get the timing right for the recording, which is very noticeable right before the chorus where the rhythm is completely fucked up.
But oh well, I'm way too lazy to correct or rerecord anything.
I hope noone's ears bleed out.




lyrics:
+ Show Spoiler +

Imagine theres no chat rooms
its easy if you try
no op irc below us
only a friends list to find
Imagine all the people
with no place to talk


imagine no lan latency
it isnt hard to do
takes long to kill or die when
your army takes ages to move
Imagine all the people
playing games in lag

Chorus:
you may say I'm a dreamer
but im not the only one
maybe some day youll join us
activision and blizzard will rule the world as one


Imagine no cross region play
I wonder if you can
Our need for greed is your hunger
tough shit, just buy another game
Imagine all the people
playing without their friends

Chorus



****
beep boop
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-05 21:55:57
June 05 2010 21:55 GMT
#2
I might have said this to you before on a different song but your voice reminds me so much of Tragically Hip. It's good. Was it you with the firefly song that people said your voice was bad? If so, they're wrong.

Sick lyrics too. Well done bro
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
June 05 2010 22:02 GMT
#3
Yeah that was me
heh I remember looking up tragically hip last time you wrote that. I'll be honest, I didn't really see the similarity but I'll take it as a compliment, that dude has a very good voice

glad you like it, thx bro!
beep boop
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
June 05 2010 22:04 GMT
#4
Hahahahaha nice, spotlighted.
Administrator
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
June 05 2010 22:08 GMT
#5
On June 06 2010 07:02 7mk wrote:
Yeah that was me
heh I remember looking up tragically hip last time you wrote that. I'll be honest, I didn't really see the similarity but I'll take it as a compliment, that dude has a very good voice

glad you like it, thx bro!


Yeah, theres something I can't put my finger on. Just kinda the tone I guess. You sing quite a bit lower than that guy though.
hi19hi19
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States163 Posts
June 05 2010 22:19 GMT
#6
Clever.


Idea- more people need to write their posts as songs, it would clean up the forums a lot and sounds nice to boot.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 05 2010 22:25 GMT
#7
By the time the last expansion for SC2 is out, you'll have enough material for a greatest hits album
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
June 05 2010 22:30 GMT
#8
On June 06 2010 07:04 SonuvBob wrote:
Hahahahaha nice, spotlighted.


yaaaaay

On June 06 2010 07:08 Bibbit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2010 07:02 7mk wrote:
Yeah that was me
heh I remember looking up tragically hip last time you wrote that. I'll be honest, I didn't really see the similarity but I'll take it as a compliment, that dude has a very good voice

glad you like it, thx bro!


Yeah, theres something I can't put my finger on. Just kinda the tone I guess. You sing quite a bit lower than that guy though.


heh, when I do my own acoustic stuff I actually usually sing higher than in the SC2 songs I've done. Often about as high as I can get without using falsetto (which isn't very high though :p)


On June 06 2010 07:25 FrozenArbiter wrote:
By the time the last expansion for SC2 is out, you'll have enough material for a greatest hits album


yea when I typed in the ID3 tags for the .mp3 file for the "terrible terrible damage" album (genre: death metal) it was #4 already :D
beep boop
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-05 22:49:53
June 05 2010 22:44 GMT
#9
I'm admittedly kinda jealous of people with slightly higher voices. Usually I can just do that high E. I just want that G and I'd be happy

I can do a mean Johnny Cash though

Edit: I'd love to hear your "real" voice. Record one of your normal songs sometime?
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
June 05 2010 22:57 GMT
#10
Well done!
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
June 05 2010 22:57 GMT
#11
So epic, haha. Your voice really fits in with this song.

You're a hero.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
jax1492
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1632 Posts
June 05 2010 23:05 GMT
#12
Nice Voice
LumberJack
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3355 Posts
June 05 2010 23:18 GMT
#13
props
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
June 05 2010 23:18 GMT
#14
On June 06 2010 07:44 Bibbit wrote:
I'm admittedly kinda jealous of people with slightly higher voices. Usually I can just do that high E. I just want that G and I'd be happy

I can do a mean Johnny Cash though

Edit: I'd love to hear your "real" voice. Record one of your normal songs sometime?


That's the plan...I'm having serious problems with getting stuff done though cause when I do serious songs I want everything to be perfect and I never manage to do that ^^
But it's not like this isnt my "real" voice :p it doesnt sound too different in any of my real songs, I think this recording is pretty representative, more so than abuseful day/the fireflies song.
But a week ago I met an old friend at a party who offered to produce me so maybe I'll just work with him as soon as I have 5,6 songs I'm really comfortable with.
beep boop
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
June 05 2010 23:18 GMT
#15
On June 06 2010 07:25 FrozenArbiter wrote:
By the time the last expansion for SC2 is out, you'll have enough material for a greatest hits album


Hahaha that would be awesome! Seriously, though, you have a really good voice, you should do a song for the tsl 3 whenever that is, would be totally sick!
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
deth
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia1757 Posts
June 05 2010 23:26 GMT
#16
I love your voice and these songs! Keep it up
DemiSe
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
883 Posts
June 05 2010 23:45 GMT
#17
Nice and nifty lyrics. You've a great voice to! You should totally sign up for next "American-Idol( I guess that would be Germany Idol)", and perform this song, that will definitely catch blizzards attention.
Let's See Who's Stronger, Your Tricks, Or My Skills.
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
June 05 2010 23:52 GMT
#18
Neat, but I had a hard time sometimes making out what you said, working on improving clarity would be nice. I liked your lyric choice a lot.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
June 06 2010 00:18 GMT
#19
Rofl, epic hahaha

On June 06 2010 07:25 FrozenArbiter wrote:
By the time the last expansion for SC2 is out, you'll have enough material for a greatest hits album


this too lol
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
June 06 2010 00:19 GMT
#20
On June 06 2010 08:52 Nightmarjoo wrote:
Neat, but I had a hard time sometimes making out what you said, working on improving clarity would be nice. I liked your lyric choice a lot.


I know I know I really need to work on that T_T
beep boop
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4540
Leta 1676
BeSt 429
Soulkey 301
Soma 157
sorry 57
ZergMaN 31
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm131
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King52
Other Games
summit1g8934
WinterStarcraft805
Sick214
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Rush1400
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 8m
Patches Events
7h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 8m
OSC
15h 8m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.