• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:26
CEST 21:26
KST 04:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9333 users

[Interview] Hana MSL 2010 Grand Finals Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 11:54:12
May 29 2010 11:24 GMT
#1
Today's MSL Grand Finals Winner Is . . .

[image loading]
(T)Flash <3

[image loading]
(T)Flash seconds after GG<3

+ Show Spoiler [Sorry Jaedong...] +
[image loading]
T_T





(T)Flash, "I'll make sure to create 'Flash's Era'"

[image loading]


Q Your feelings on winning the MSL?
A I’m really happy about beating such a strong opponent like Jaedong for the first time in a Bo5 as well as winning the MSL. Last week I was so disappointed with losing the OSL so it was difficult, but now I feel with today's win I will be able to become an even better player.

Q How did your losing in the OSL affect you?
A Firstly it made me feel more potency. I thought about what areas I must have lacked in to face a reverse-win and I think it was that I lost focus. In the future I told myself I would never lose focus again when I'm leading 2-0, and I think that helped a lot for today's match.

Q If you were to compare your feelings with last season's MSL finals?
A I believe I've matured as a player more, and I believe my mental attitude has improved as well while facing this season. On top of that, I believe the OSL loss also helped me grow too. With last season's MSL loss and this season's OSL loss, I was so sorry to my fans but I hope that this MSL victory can make you guys smile.

Q You’ve never had luck with the MSL thus far (After 8 attempts, it was your first victory)
A Each time I dropped out, I would feel like crap thinking I lacked skill and had no luck. Luckily after I reached the big stage of the finals last season, I felt confident that I would be able to do so again. Like this, I was able to win the title this time, and after winning this MSL, I’m further looking forward to next season with confidence that I can win again.

Q You went 14 cc in all three sets.
A In the first set, without regard to what strategy he would use I just decided to go 14 cc. However, in the 2nd set after scouting and seeing my opponent FE, I just went along with him. With (Z)Jaedong hyung I feel like I’ve been behind in mind games before so I thought to myself I would try hard to bring out my best gameplay. While living with Coach (T)Hery we came up with a lot of different strategies, and because of this ample practice, I believe I was able to win. I want to use this spot to say thank you.

Q We heard Woongjin zergs helped you a lot.
A Along with my teammates Woongjin zergs, especially (Z)ZerO helped me a lot. I wasn’t really able to ask my teammates to help a lot since it was the prelims, but (Z)ZerO practically filled that empty spot himself and helped me practice so much. I feel like I should go straight to the Woongjin team house and pay my respects. Coach Lee Jae Kyun told me I need to win, and even pulled (Z)ZerO away from proleague practice time to help me. (Z)ZerO also said to me, “Since I’ve helped you so much, you must win” and I’m really happy I was able to keep that promise. In the future if there are Woongjin players who need my help, I will also help them to my utmost abilities as well.

Q Before the match, both of you guys said you thought today's winner would be the best player..
A I don’t think I’m hands down the best player yet. Today’s win just provided the stepping stones to help me keep up with (Z)Jaedong hyung – I believe it’s too early to say I’ve completely overcome (Z)Jaedong hyung and become the strongest player. What I said in the pre-game interviews was just pre-game interviews (laughs). I believe I haven’t beaten (Z)Jaedong hyung in all aspects yet. Now I’ve pulled ahead a bit in head to heads but in terms of careers, there are still a lot of areas in which I lack. (Z)Jaedong hyung said he would block me getting both league titles. For my part, I worked hard to prevent (Z)Jaedong hyung from getting his golden badge so I just grabbed the chance to keep up with him. I feel like we will continue to meet in the future.

Q We heard MBCGame provided you with an exclusive booth
A I thank MBCGame so much for helping me like this. With these accomodations, it was so great to the point where it was strange to think that players could say they could not showcase their full potential abilities. Today, MBCGame's booth was just awesome.

Q “LeeSsang Era” and “Flash’s Era” – which of these do you like more?
A To be honest I’d have to say I like “Flash’s era” more (laughs). However I think the fans are hoping the “Lee Ssang Era” will continue to last a long time. Though I believe for the enjoyment of esports that would be of large help, personally I prefer “Flash’s era” over “LeeSsang Era”. I will try my hardest to make sure “Flash’s Era” occurs.

Q Last words you want to say?
A For this finals match, so many people helped me. After I lost the OSL, I received so many text messages but I felt so sorry that I couldn't reply to any of them. I’m really happy that I won today as a sort of repayment towards those people.

Today’s win is not the end. This is just the start for me. After all, this is merely my third championship. In the future I’ll obtain more than 5, 6 titles and keep working hard so that I can set the record for the most league titles for a progamer, so please look forward to it.

source: dailyesports combined with fomos




Flash was beyond sexy tonight. kfj;sdf <3333

Feedback welcome and appreciated~
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
dybydx
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada1764 Posts
May 29 2010 11:24 GMT
#2
<3 smix.
...from the land of imba
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 29 2010 11:27 GMT
#3
Damn Zero, I don't like you anymore =(
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
May 29 2010 11:28 GMT
#4
Was waiting for this, thank you so much for speedy translation!

I love Flash! I'm glad he's still super motivated to keep winning the leagues and I believe him when he says he'll make it Flash's Era
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
Sergeras
Profile Joined May 2010
Bulgaria185 Posts
May 29 2010 11:31 GMT
#5


Today’s win is not the end. This is just the start for me. After all, this is merely my third championship. In the future I’ll obtain more than 5, 6 titles and keep working hard so that I can set the record for the most league titles for a progamer, so please look forward to it.

But of course why would i ever doubt Flash.
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
May 29 2010 11:32 GMT
#6
thank you zero
FTD
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8142 Posts
May 29 2010 11:32 GMT
#7
Thanks for the translation.

Flash era sounds good to me ^^
Triple7
Profile Joined April 2009
United States656 Posts
May 29 2010 11:34 GMT
#8
(T)Flash! Well deserved!
I don’t think I’m hands down the best player yet.
지지이이이이이이이이이이이
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
May 29 2010 11:34 GMT
#9
Zero, why you gotta betray the Swarm like that >(
TranslatorBaa!
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
May 29 2010 11:35 GMT
#10
Thanks Zero! Woongjin players will get a good practicepartner out of this!

Also this must terminate all speculations that flash "cheesed" in game 2 and 3.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Katsuge
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore7730 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 11:35:23
May 29 2010 11:35 GMT
#11
<3 Zero so qt.

you better play on tomorrow's pl or imma smack you.
김태연 | 정은지 | 아이유 |  한효주 | 이민정 <3 -|||- 소녀시대 에이핑크 사랑해!
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 11:36:46
May 29 2010 11:36 GMT
#12
Congrats to Flash and thanks for the translation Smix. Good job Zero as well.
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
KlaCkoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1661 Posts
May 29 2010 11:38 GMT
#13
<3 Translators.
And I adore flash!
"Voice or no voice the people can always be brought to the bidding of their leaders ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
May 29 2010 11:40 GMT
#14
I thought it was effort who practice with Flash

Ah, it is the same nonetheless kkk! I heard Zero is a very very good zerg player

Thank Zero for helping out Flash !
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8142 Posts
May 29 2010 11:44 GMT
#15
Wow this is like a public announcement of calling Zero's ZvT only second to Jaedong's.
Take this Zero haters!

Wings
Profile Joined January 2010
United States999 Posts
May 29 2010 11:45 GMT
#16
LOL Flash

I don't think even YOU can help break the infamous "Woongjin terran curse"...
The probability of Kim Carrier getting all those predictions wrong is similar to the probability Flash loses a TvT. Kim Carrier MUST BE a genius. His only big mistake... STORK.
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
May 29 2010 11:46 GMT
#17
Thanks for the super quick translation.

Flash is the man!

I always liked Zero and know I like him even more Weird that Effort didn't help him though. I thought they were supposed to practice together or was it just a mind game?
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
May 29 2010 11:46 GMT
#18
Congratulations to Flash. He made all his fans happy today!

Ty Smix.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
May 29 2010 11:46 GMT
#19
On May 29 2010 20:44 Vasoline73 wrote:
Wow this is like a public announcement of calling Zero's ZvT only second to Jaedong's.
Take this Zero haters!


rofl
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
fanta[Rn]
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Japan2465 Posts
May 29 2010 11:47 GMT
#20
FlaSh fighting~~
I'm so glad for him, seeing him being happy as hell once he was in JD's base in game3 was an epic moment. Well deserved!
Ty for translating!
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason179
BRAT_OK 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14592
Artosis 491
Mini 261
Dewaltoss 134
Mind 77
ZZZero.O 54
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 20
Dota 2
qojqva2773
420jenkins558
League of Legends
Doublelift132
Counter-Strike
fl0m4057
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5652
Khaldor1342
Liquid`Hasu1053
MindelVK17
Other Games
summit1g4981
FrodaN2051
B2W.Neo805
byalli633
ToD204
Railgan45
Mew2King42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1161
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft 2
angryscii 43
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 34
• Reevou 7
• StrangeGG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3563
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 34m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.