• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:07
CEST 05:07
KST 12:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6091 users

Horrible losing streak

Blogs > ZapRoffo
Post a Reply
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
May 27 2010 06:34 GMT
#1
I started out since this reset 14-9 or something and now in the past two days I lost 12 of my last 14 games or something. Now I hate everything and don't want to do anything but win starcraft games.

I don't know what's up--well actually for a lot of them I was staying up all night so maybe that made me suck--since I feel like my mechanics are improving steadily (from disgraceful to bad). A few of them were minimap bugged too I guess.

I guess I have this dislike of playing the same strategy multiple times in a row so that's where I'm going wrong, other people are refining and I'm making stuff up as I go?

If anyone wants to me out, here's a pack of the games:
Here

The first game (-3) I do well, and then it's pretty much fail from there on.

I'm good at analyzing individual games, I can see why I lost each game pretty much, I just don't see any trend other than the one I mentioned above. What's causing me to nosedive so much overall?

I usually play random, maybe picking races killed my mojo.


*
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
May 27 2010 07:08 GMT
#2
youre losing because your mindset is wrong. atm you are focusing too much on the result and thinking that you "need" to win each game, instead of focusing in the moment. The same thing happens to me, you just get more frustrated as time goes on and start making more dumb mistakes. When you play for enjoyment, this doesnt happen because you are relaxed and thinking clearly.

Id suggest taking a break until you can come and back and forgive yourself for losing those games. After you find out how you lost each one, dont dwell on it anymore and stress yourself out.
aka DragOn[NaS]
Lucid90
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada340 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-27 07:30:59
May 27 2010 07:28 GMT
#3
Personally I've had some retarded stupid winning streaks. Today I won 4 games in a row in ZvP, the only matchup I play. Now while 4 isn't a lot, the way I won them was the interesting part. On all 4 games either my opponent just flat out went afk for like a minute OR left because he needed to do something. One guy left for work, and the other 3 just stopped pressing buttons. I even checked the replay, they didn't even click anything. And this was all before the 2 minute mark.

It makes me kinda angry because they are raising my iccup rank needlessly. I should go up the iccup ladder with heard earned games, not because I get lucky and my opponents don't want to face me.

**edit**
i thought u were talking about sc1, cause I was = /
My sc2 account: http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1296221/LuciD
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
May 27 2010 07:55 GMT
#4
On May 27 2010 16:08 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
youre losing because your mindset is wrong. atm you are focusing too much on the result and thinking that you "need" to win each game, instead of focusing in the moment. The same thing happens to me, you just get more frustrated as time goes on and start making more dumb mistakes. When you play for enjoyment, this doesnt happen because you are relaxed and thinking clearly.

Id suggest taking a break until you can come and back and forgive yourself for losing those games. After you find out how you lost each one, dont dwell on it anymore and stress yourself out.

I don't think a player's mindset plays a huge role unless the player is a pro.

Skill and experience will lessen the number of mistakes made more than a correct mindset.
( ・´ー・`)
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-27 08:46:08
May 27 2010 08:35 GMT
#5
On May 27 2010 16:55 prototype. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2010 16:08 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
youre losing because your mindset is wrong. atm you are focusing too much on the result and thinking that you "need" to win each game, instead of focusing in the moment. The same thing happens to me, you just get more frustrated as time goes on and start making more dumb mistakes. When you play for enjoyment, this doesnt happen because you are relaxed and thinking clearly.

Id suggest taking a break until you can come and back and forgive yourself for losing those games. After you find out how you lost each one, dont dwell on it anymore and stress yourself out.

I don't think a player's mindset plays a huge role unless the player is a pro.

Skill and experience will lessen the number of mistakes made more than a correct mindset.


On the contrary, I think that the mindset can affect people significantly at whatever level.

Your mindset can affect how much you learn from every game, how well you focus, your decision-making, etc. It can even affect your hand speed/physical accuracy, if you allow yourself to be too emotionally effected by harassment, for example, and start panicking.

This is all to do with your mindset.
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
May 27 2010 08:59 GMT
#6
On May 27 2010 16:55 prototype. wrote:
I don't think a player's mindset plays a huge role unless the player is a pro.

Skill and experience will lessen the number of mistakes made more than a correct mindset.

What the hell are you talking about mindset plays a major role at all levels... Skill and experience are important sure but actually contribute towards a better mindset which is fundamental to winning play.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2418
NotJumperer 12
Noble 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever992
NeuroSwarm215
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft132
Other Games
summit1g6748
Coldzera 774
JimRising 662
C9.Mang0370
PiGStarcraft265
ArmadaUGS31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1004
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo581
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.