• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:48
CEST 00:48
KST 07:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7185 users

Blizzard Comic Contest over... Display yours?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
StrikerX22
Profile Joined February 2009
United States41 Posts
September 03 2009 03:45 GMT
#1
Hey, I've been out of the loop, but at the last minute my gf (mostly) and I quickly drew out a submission I had planned for a long time and got it in. (Deadline was Aug 15th.) Unfortunately, we weren't one of the two (why only 2 this time?) that got picked, so I'd like to show it here so it doesn't go wasted. I'd like to make a series out of it someday, if either I become able to do the art or my gf feels committed enough to flesh out comics day after day > >...

So would anyone else like to submit their failed comics? Or submit here late? If so, make sure they're signed or whatnot so they're not stolen. Since this isn't a contest, feel free to crap out rushed designs.

Oh, and I know there was a thread way back concerning the comics at one point, but I don't know where it is, and this is a bit different. If you'd like to put your pics from there up here as well, go for it.

Hope you enjoy. Don't forget the baneling lyrics =P. Please click for full-size to read easier.

[image loading]


I present: The Reaplings!
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - Jack Handey
lepape
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada557 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-03 04:04:21
September 03 2009 04:02 GMT
#2
Here's the one I submitted last month. Not great, not funny, but hey, for a beta key I guess it was worth a try.

[image loading]

StrikerX22
Profile Joined February 2009
United States41 Posts
September 03 2009 04:18 GMT
#3
Lol, no that's already better than nearly all the submissions that won =P. Good job.
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - Jack Handey
psion0011
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada720 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-03 04:20:14
September 03 2009 04:20 GMT
#4
On September 03 2009 13:02 lepape wrote:
Here's the one I submitted last month. Not great, not funny, but hey, for a beta key I guess it was worth a try.

Haha no, that was clever and hilarious.
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
September 03 2009 04:28 GMT
#5
On September 03 2009 13:02 lepape wrote:
Here's the one I submitted last month. Not great, not funny, but hey, for a beta key I guess it was worth a try.

[image loading]


OMG hahaha
Mine: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=98813
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
September 03 2009 04:35 GMT
#6
On September 03 2009 13:02 lepape wrote:
Here's the one I submitted last month. Not great, not funny, but hey, for a beta key I guess it was worth a try.

[image loading]



thats the best comic i've seen in a long time
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
September 03 2009 04:39 GMT
#7
not a comic but check this shit out, it's fucking awesome. Apparently the guy is working on some mod missions as well http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SniperMonkeySpore&view=videos&query=starcraft



..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
September 03 2009 05:58 GMT
#8
On September 03 2009 13:35 Assault_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2009 13:02 lepape wrote:
Here's the one I submitted last month. Not great, not funny, but hey, for a beta key I guess it was worth a try.

[image loading]



thats the best comic i've seen in a long time


that one had a good premise but the execution was poor and there really wasn't a joke or punchline.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
snorlax
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States755 Posts
September 03 2009 06:04 GMT
#9
I enjoyed the stacked muta one a lot lol =]
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
September 03 2009 06:05 GMT
#10
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 03 2009 13:02 lepape wrote:
Here's the one I submitted last month. Not great, not funny, but hey, for a beta key I guess it was worth a try.

[image loading]


Haha I actually got a laugh out of that one, good job.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
SoMuchBetter
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia10606 Posts
September 03 2009 06:26 GMT
#11
haha i love the stacked muta comic
AUSSIESCUM
TeamLiquid eSTROgeneral #1 • RIP
Vharox
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States1037 Posts
September 03 2009 06:32 GMT
#12
hahhaha that stacked muta was is greattttttt
Ftrunkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Australia2474 Posts
September 03 2009 06:45 GMT
#13
Stacked muta was genius, simple, wide audience and funny. Shoulda won imo .
@NvPinder on twitter | Member of Gamecom Nv | http://www.clan-ta.com | http://www.youtube.com/user/ftrunkz | http://www.twitchtv.com/xghpinder
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
September 07 2009 10:18 GMT
#14
Here's mine:

[image loading]
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
dasanivan
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States532 Posts
September 07 2009 10:38 GMT
#15
On September 07 2009 19:18 Osmoses wrote:
Here's mine:


great drawings, made me laugh.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
September 08 2009 09:32 GMT
#16
Come on, can't be this few people who entered the contest, lets see em.

Though admittedly I think this thread would have been more appropriately placed in the sc2 forum.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
September 08 2009 10:42 GMT
#17
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Came in 2nd in November and won me a cap, a shirt and a poster. Apparenly a beta key too but don't have it yet.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 406
White-Ra 141
910 45
NaDa 39
Dota 2
monkeys_forever279
NeuroSwarm141
Super Smash Bros
PPMD71
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8857
Liquid`Hasu1504
Trikslyr89
Other Games
summit1g8378
Liquid`RaSZi3282
shahzam551
JimRising 322
B2W.Neo169
C9.Mang0133
ArmadaUGS93
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1164
Other Games
• imaqtpie1144
• Shiphtur214
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.