• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:07
CEST 22:07
KST 05:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6539 users

FXO and desRow part ways - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
FXOBoSs
Profile Joined August 2011
337 Posts
July 24 2013 15:18 GMT
#101
Fineprint I am not part of FXO anymore so what I am about to say is only personal

Desrow and I have never really gotten along to the fullest extent. But to drop 100 pounds, especially when your lifestyle and genetics or whatever is playing a part is a huge achievement. Anyone discounting it, not only is a complete asshole but doesn't really know what its really like to suffer from something that is habitual and natural to you. Not only is desrow losing weight, but he is educated on how he will do it. He admits his flaws and mistakes and continues to move forward.

So those criticizing him should probably start listing their resume of achievements that gives them the right to post stupid childish crap on a forum in order to bring someone down. I look forward to reading them.
www.twitter.com/gosutrading
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
July 24 2013 15:23 GMT
#102
--- Nuked ---
Gr33n
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
Bahamas113 Posts
July 24 2013 15:34 GMT
#103
wait are you saying you lost 50 pounds then gained 50 pounds and just kept going on like that? is there no serious health issues related to skin stretching and contracting? i knew a guy who lost a ton of weight really fast and he had loose skin for a while but this is a bit above that in terms of dramatic changes is it not?

just read up about hypothyroid issues. never knew what it was till now
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
July 24 2013 15:40 GMT
#104
On July 24 2013 02:12 Eventine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 02:08 strength wrote:
On July 24 2013 01:56 KarlKaliente wrote:
FXO was sick of buying two plane tickets to send him anywhere

User was warned for this post

User was temp banned for this post.


That was funny. People can't take a joke in the SC2 scene.


Nah, they can take a joke. It just has to be vanilla. People are hypersensitive in the Sc2 scene.

exactly..

people really need to have some distance to themselves..
T H C makes ppl happy
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
July 24 2013 16:14 GMT
#105
Good luck to Desrow for finding a new team, he seems to have a steady following on his stream!
Get off my lawn, young punks
Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
July 24 2013 16:22 GMT
#106
Tbh I find this a strange move as I doubt he will find better offers outside of FXO given his lack of results despite his time in korea and the opportunities FXO gave him in terms of travel. Not sure if he got a salary or anything though..

Well best of luck to him. Not easy being a progamer struggling to break into the scene.
Try another route paperboy.
esReveR
Profile Joined February 2010
United States568 Posts
July 24 2013 16:23 GMT
#107
On July 25 2013 00:18 FXOBoSs wrote:
Fineprint I am not part of FXO anymore so what I am about to say is only personal

Desrow and I have never really gotten along to the fullest extent. But to drop 100 pounds, especially when your lifestyle and genetics or whatever is playing a part is a huge achievement. Anyone discounting it, not only is a complete asshole but doesn't really know what its really like to suffer from something that is habitual and natural to you. Not only is desrow losing weight, but he is educated on how he will do it. He admits his flaws and mistakes and continues to move forward.

So those criticizing him should probably start listing their resume of achievements that gives them the right to post stupid childish crap on a forum in order to bring someone down. I look forward to reading them.


Very well put, good sir. I completely agree with you.
Skill is relative.
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1209 Posts
July 24 2013 16:32 GMT
#108
On July 24 2013 01:56 KarlKaliente wrote:
FXO was sick of buying two plane tickets to send him anywhere

User was warned for this post

User was temp banned for this post.

This was quite the mean comment, and I will admit I chuckled a bit to myself shamefully, but not much effort was given in the OP, so when I saw this I had to actually look up what he has done. So far its mostly being featured on TL, and losing a few to Stats and puCK all this year.
Flash should fear Sacsri
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 24 2013 16:41 GMT
#109
On July 24 2013 20:16 bK- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 19:22 ReachTheSky wrote:
On July 24 2013 09:39 desRow wrote:
On July 24 2013 08:57 KaienFEMC wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:13 krooked wrote:
I laughed at the weight joke.

To the people arguing about weight, genetics does not play a role except in extremely rare cases where a gland isnt working properly. And even for them, thermodynamics still apply. Diet is everything, physical activity kind of matters but all put within the context of ones diet. To become of desrows size one must be in a big caloric surplus over several years. Of course the reasons for this are many and in the end its hard to blame someone for becoming fat, but it is entirely up to themselves to fix the issue.

Surprised by the move, I actually dont believe desrow has anything better going for him. I believe that he had issues with being on the team, to be honest.


No... Energy conversion in biological system is way more complex than you think.
Not everyone who consumes a bottle of coke will gain 150 calories.
Not everyone who runs a mile will lose 300 calories.
There are people who easily gain weight due to their genetic make up, this is a simple fact.
They have to work harder to lose weight. Yes, life is unfair and it is true that it is up to them to put in the extra effort to stay fit in the modern society of developed world. However, saying genetics only apply in extremely rare cases is entirely wrong.


I have hypothyroid but its mostly lack of will but I've been trying for almost 2 years now. I'm pretty open about it on stream and since this thread took that direction I guess I can elaborate on my journey so far. Calling people names and looking down on others etc.. etc..


October to December 2011 In Canada
490 to 460
December to June 2012 In Korea
460 to 470
June to September 2012 In Canada
470 to 400
September to December 2012 In Poland
400 to 450
December to February 2013 In Canada
450 to 405
February to now
Stagnating around 400

My lack of progress has been due to stress and lack of discipline but I'm dedicated more than ever to change.


Keep up the good work. You can do it!

Now only if he put half as much effort into fixing his attitude as he does with his weight problems he would become a great sc2 personality. Unfortunately he still seems to have a, well lack of a better term childish personality. Such as calling people names and looking down on others etc.. etc..

Having been his teammate in 2011, his attitude is far, far better than it was.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
July 24 2013 17:01 GMT
#110
Good luck to Desrow in his endeavors.
twitch.tv/duttroach
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
July 24 2013 17:24 GMT
#111
No need to attack him personally. Good luck to Desrow and his future.
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
July 24 2013 17:27 GMT
#112
On July 25 2013 01:41 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 20:16 bK- wrote:
On July 24 2013 19:22 ReachTheSky wrote:
On July 24 2013 09:39 desRow wrote:
On July 24 2013 08:57 KaienFEMC wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:13 krooked wrote:
I laughed at the weight joke.

To the people arguing about weight, genetics does not play a role except in extremely rare cases where a gland isnt working properly. And even for them, thermodynamics still apply. Diet is everything, physical activity kind of matters but all put within the context of ones diet. To become of desrows size one must be in a big caloric surplus over several years. Of course the reasons for this are many and in the end its hard to blame someone for becoming fat, but it is entirely up to themselves to fix the issue.

Surprised by the move, I actually dont believe desrow has anything better going for him. I believe that he had issues with being on the team, to be honest.


No... Energy conversion in biological system is way more complex than you think.
Not everyone who consumes a bottle of coke will gain 150 calories.
Not everyone who runs a mile will lose 300 calories.
There are people who easily gain weight due to their genetic make up, this is a simple fact.
They have to work harder to lose weight. Yes, life is unfair and it is true that it is up to them to put in the extra effort to stay fit in the modern society of developed world. However, saying genetics only apply in extremely rare cases is entirely wrong.


I have hypothyroid but its mostly lack of will but I've been trying for almost 2 years now. I'm pretty open about it on stream and since this thread took that direction I guess I can elaborate on my journey so far. Calling people names and looking down on others etc.. etc..


October to December 2011 In Canada
490 to 460
December to June 2012 In Korea
460 to 470
June to September 2012 In Canada
470 to 400
September to December 2012 In Poland
400 to 450
December to February 2013 In Canada
450 to 405
February to now
Stagnating around 400

My lack of progress has been due to stress and lack of discipline but I'm dedicated more than ever to change.


Keep up the good work. You can do it!

Now only if he put half as much effort into fixing his attitude as he does with his weight problems he would become a great sc2 personality. Unfortunately he still seems to have a, well lack of a better term childish personality. Such as calling people names and looking down on others etc.. etc..

Having been his teammate in 2011, his attitude is far, far better than it was.

how so? examples from before and after?
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
knOxStarcraft
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada422 Posts
July 24 2013 17:31 GMT
#113
On July 25 2013 00:18 FXOBoSs wrote:
Fineprint I am not part of FXO anymore so what I am about to say is only personal

Desrow and I have never really gotten along to the fullest extent. But to drop 100 pounds, especially when your lifestyle and genetics or whatever is playing a part is a huge achievement. Anyone discounting it, not only is a complete asshole but doesn't really know what its really like to suffer from something that is habitual and natural to you. Not only is desrow losing weight, but he is educated on how he will do it. He admits his flaws and mistakes and continues to move forward.

So those criticizing him should probably start listing their resume of achievements that gives them the right to post stupid childish crap on a forum in order to bring someone down. I look forward to reading them.

One time I dropped 2-3 pounds taking a shit. Now that's an achievement!
aMEkaRmy
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada633 Posts
July 24 2013 17:43 GMT
#114
On July 24 2013 11:40 Rickyvalle21 wrote:
FXO.NA is starting to fall apart. Only notable players I knew on FXO.NA were Neeb and Desrow. The rest I dont know who they are or they have gone inactive. Not to mention they still have mid masters on the team.

FXO.NA Will have a high turn over rate because of the goal for the team. It's a stepping stone for promising NA talent. Players will come, We hope they improve, And we hope they find teams that offer them dirty eSports money. Until the design changes than I don't see that changing. Just because you don't know the players and don't think their notable doesn't mean they aren't. And for the mid masters players I don't really know who you're talking about?
Team Captain for FXO.NA Follow me on twitter @FXOkarmy
FosTA
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada154 Posts
July 24 2013 17:55 GMT
#115
DesRow can be a good player. He has the mind set to achieve his goals that he wants in this game. He just needs to be able to find a team that he wants to join instead of finding a team that Pays/Travel/Gear/ any other thing they can offer the best.

I wish DesRow luck in finding a team that keeps him or he stays on for a longer period of time for him to be able to practice and improve.
FosTA | LgN - Pulse - LYGF - MgZ - Exist |StarCraft Manager
SchfiftyFive
Profile Joined September 2010
United States131 Posts
July 25 2013 00:19 GMT
#116
On July 24 2013 21:27 Sakray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 18:30 SchfiftyFive wrote:
I do play drums alot but I still eat heavy carbs and have never dieted in my life.


Drumming is extremely good if you want to lose weight, especially stuff like energic rock, or even better, heavy/extreme metal (because double bass drumming is physical as fuck)
Damn, I'm 136.7 lb, each time I pick up my sticks and practice for 1 to 3 hours (mostly extreme metal), I feel I've lost 10 lb of sweat after each session haha.


For sure, i hate sweating pools after every session. Its disgusting if I cannot shower right after. LOL
My IQ? // "Unprotected sex is like fast expanding in close positions. Its risky, but feels great when it works out" Cim9
MichaelDonovan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1453 Posts
July 25 2013 00:35 GMT
#117
Thread appears about DesRow leaving his team. Thread within the first page turns into an obesity discussion. Not impressed.
radscorpion9
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada2252 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 00:41:39
July 25 2013 00:41 GMT
#118
On July 25 2013 09:35 MichaelDonovan wrote:
Thread appears about DesRow leaving his team. Thread within the first page turns into an obesity discussion. Not impressed.


You have to admit it was a pretty funny joke . Its weird how all the funniest comments always end up being on the first page as one of the first few responses. But yeah it was mean...I'm sure desrow is trying his hardest especially with his condition.

And so I will say something politically correct. With desrow's hard work and positive attitude in losing weight, I'm sure that his mindset will transfer over into his SC2 career and he will make great waves in the scene! GO DESROW
asdfOu
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2089 Posts
July 25 2013 00:44 GMT
#119
ㅜㅜ liked the guy
rip prime
RDaneelOlivaw
Profile Joined April 2011
Vatican City State733 Posts
July 25 2013 01:37 GMT
#120
Those ripping on Desrow should really go check his stream. Desrow really has grown, his stream is one of the most professional and community-friendly I have seen. I actually will tune in to watch his stream regularly, and I despise protoss :p. Really seems like an outstanding guy and a class act. Hope he lands with a team soon, Desrow fighting.

Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM988
TaKeTV 339
TKL 286
IndyStarCraft 191
ZombieGrub109
BRAT_OK 89
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 988
TKL 286
IndyStarCraft 191
MaxPax 159
ZombieGrub109
BRAT_OK 89
JuggernautJason57
Nathanias 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 161
firebathero 81
910 45
Killer 27
Trap 22
Counter-Strike
Fnx 782
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0182
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby10341
crisheroes1814
Liquid`Hasu1702
Trikslyr75
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi6011
summit1g5401
Beastyqt813
shahzam450
B2W.Neo323
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS124
Pyrionflax84
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream404
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 188
• Reevou 2
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV211
League of Legends
• TFBlade918
Other Games
• imaqtpie664
• Shiphtur313
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.