• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:04
CEST 23:04
KST 06:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5191 users

FXO and desRow part ways - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-24 00:43:18
July 24 2013 00:39 GMT
#61
On July 24 2013 08:57 KaienFEMC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:13 krooked wrote:
I laughed at the weight joke.

To the people arguing about weight, genetics does not play a role except in extremely rare cases where a gland isnt working properly. And even for them, thermodynamics still apply. Diet is everything, physical activity kind of matters but all put within the context of ones diet. To become of desrows size one must be in a big caloric surplus over several years. Of course the reasons for this are many and in the end its hard to blame someone for becoming fat, but it is entirely up to themselves to fix the issue.

Surprised by the move, I actually dont believe desrow has anything better going for him. I believe that he had issues with being on the team, to be honest.


No... Energy conversion in biological system is way more complex than you think.
Not everyone who consumes a bottle of coke will gain 150 calories.
Not everyone who runs a mile will lose 300 calories.
There are people who easily gain weight due to their genetic make up, this is a simple fact.
They have to work harder to lose weight. Yes, life is unfair and it is true that it is up to them to put in the extra effort to stay fit in the modern society of developed world. However, saying genetics only apply in extremely rare cases is entirely wrong.


I have hypothyroid but its mostly lack of will but I've been trying for almost 2 years now. I'm pretty open about it on stream and since this thread took that direction I guess I can elaborate on my journey so far.


October to December 2011 In Canada
490 to 460
December to June 2012 In Korea
460 to 470
June to September 2012 In Canada
470 to 400
September to December 2012 In Poland
400 to 450
December to February 2013 In Canada
450 to 405
February to now
Stagnating around 400

My lack of progress has been due to stress and lack of discipline but I'm dedicated more than ever to change.
+
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
jax1492
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1632 Posts
July 24 2013 00:42 GMT
#62
I think desrow needs to find a team who supports him more, he is good, but i cant remember when the last time i saw him at a live event.
-JoKeR-
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada387 Posts
July 24 2013 00:47 GMT
#63
He just went to the last MLG event

Anyways good luck with finding a new team or sponsorship. mo games.
followZeRoX
Profile Joined March 2011
Serbia1451 Posts
July 24 2013 00:54 GMT
#64
On July 24 2013 09:39 desRow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 08:57 KaienFEMC wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:13 krooked wrote:
I laughed at the weight joke.

To the people arguing about weight, genetics does not play a role except in extremely rare cases where a gland isnt working properly. And even for them, thermodynamics still apply. Diet is everything, physical activity kind of matters but all put within the context of ones diet. To become of desrows size one must be in a big caloric surplus over several years. Of course the reasons for this are many and in the end its hard to blame someone for becoming fat, but it is entirely up to themselves to fix the issue.

Surprised by the move, I actually dont believe desrow has anything better going for him. I believe that he had issues with being on the team, to be honest.


No... Energy conversion in biological system is way more complex than you think.
Not everyone who consumes a bottle of coke will gain 150 calories.
Not everyone who runs a mile will lose 300 calories.
There are people who easily gain weight due to their genetic make up, this is a simple fact.
They have to work harder to lose weight. Yes, life is unfair and it is true that it is up to them to put in the extra effort to stay fit in the modern society of developed world. However, saying genetics only apply in extremely rare cases is entirely wrong.


I have hypothyroid but its mostly lack of will but I've been trying for almost 2 years now. I'm pretty open about it on stream and since this thread took that direction I guess I can elaborate on my journey so far.


October to December 2011 In Canada
490 to 460
December to June 2012 In Korea
460 to 470
June to September 2012 In Canada
470 to 400
September to December 2012 In Poland
400 to 450
December to February 2013 In Canada
450 to 405
February to now
Stagnating around 400

My lack of progress has been due to stress and lack of discipline but I'm dedicated more than ever to change.


You cant just have that amplitude of weight. You will lose all your muscles. You got to get weight down slowly but never get that jojo effect and regain a little. It's devastating to heart and muscles.
Vertigro
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom261 Posts
July 24 2013 00:57 GMT
#65
On July 24 2013 09:39 desRow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 08:57 KaienFEMC wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:13 krooked wrote:
I laughed at the weight joke.

To the people arguing about weight, genetics does not play a role except in extremely rare cases where a gland isnt working properly. And even for them, thermodynamics still apply. Diet is everything, physical activity kind of matters but all put within the context of ones diet. To become of desrows size one must be in a big caloric surplus over several years. Of course the reasons for this are many and in the end its hard to blame someone for becoming fat, but it is entirely up to themselves to fix the issue.

Surprised by the move, I actually dont believe desrow has anything better going for him. I believe that he had issues with being on the team, to be honest.


No... Energy conversion in biological system is way more complex than you think.
Not everyone who consumes a bottle of coke will gain 150 calories.
Not everyone who runs a mile will lose 300 calories.
There are people who easily gain weight due to their genetic make up, this is a simple fact.
They have to work harder to lose weight. Yes, life is unfair and it is true that it is up to them to put in the extra effort to stay fit in the modern society of developed world. However, saying genetics only apply in extremely rare cases is entirely wrong.


I have hypothyroid but its mostly lack of will but I've been trying for almost 2 years now. I'm pretty open about it on stream and since this thread took that direction I guess I can elaborate on my journey so far.


October to December 2011 In Canada
490 to 460
December to June 2012 In Korea
460 to 470
June to September 2012 In Canada
470 to 400
September to December 2012 In Poland
400 to 450
December to February 2013 In Canada
450 to 405
February to now
Stagnating around 400

My lack of progress has been due to stress and lack of discipline but I'm dedicated more than ever to change.


props for posting this man, respect to you
"..." - Greg 'IdrA' Fields +++ DeMuslim, Naniwa, Jaedong, Hero, Suppy! <3 <3
askmc70
Profile Joined March 2012
United States722 Posts
July 24 2013 01:34 GMT
#66
how did you gain 50 pounds in poland? were you not on keto?
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
July 24 2013 01:39 GMT
#67
On July 24 2013 10:34 askmc70 wrote:
how did you gain 50 pounds in poland? were you not on keto?

We were not allowed to cook at first. I asked before going if there was meat and veggies and I was told there was. I got there and it was mostly sandwiches and pasta D: .
Once we were(the last month of my stay) I had already given up and was just waiting to get back home.
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
Quixotic_tv
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Germany130 Posts
July 24 2013 01:42 GMT
#68
The thing is if you are at like 400 pounds, no one will ever notice that you lost weight until you are at like 200. Losing one hundred pounds, I repeat one hundred pounds, is an amount that is so much, which needs so much discipline. I really admire this young man and hope he will have a tournament win in the future.
Life always finds a way.
SuperEight
Profile Joined December 2011
United States333 Posts
July 24 2013 01:42 GMT
#69
Good luck, desRow.
To rest is to rust; to be active is to achieve.
Siphonn
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States298 Posts
July 24 2013 01:52 GMT
#70
Extremely nice guy, good luck with whatever you decide to do man!
Erraa93
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia891 Posts
July 24 2013 01:59 GMT
#71
On July 24 2013 09:39 desRow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 08:57 KaienFEMC wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:13 krooked wrote:
I laughed at the weight joke.

To the people arguing about weight, genetics does not play a role except in extremely rare cases where a gland isnt working properly. And even for them, thermodynamics still apply. Diet is everything, physical activity kind of matters but all put within the context of ones diet. To become of desrows size one must be in a big caloric surplus over several years. Of course the reasons for this are many and in the end its hard to blame someone for becoming fat, but it is entirely up to themselves to fix the issue.

Surprised by the move, I actually dont believe desrow has anything better going for him. I believe that he had issues with being on the team, to be honest.


No... Energy conversion in biological system is way more complex than you think.
Not everyone who consumes a bottle of coke will gain 150 calories.
Not everyone who runs a mile will lose 300 calories.
There are people who easily gain weight due to their genetic make up, this is a simple fact.
They have to work harder to lose weight. Yes, life is unfair and it is true that it is up to them to put in the extra effort to stay fit in the modern society of developed world. However, saying genetics only apply in extremely rare cases is entirely wrong.


I have hypothyroid but its mostly lack of will but I've been trying for almost 2 years now. I'm pretty open about it on stream and since this thread took that direction I guess I can elaborate on my journey so far.


October to December 2011 In Canada
490 to 460
December to June 2012 In Korea
460 to 470
June to September 2012 In Canada
470 to 400
September to December 2012 In Poland
400 to 450
December to February 2013 In Canada
450 to 405
February to now
Stagnating around 400

My lack of progress has been due to stress and lack of discipline but I'm dedicated more than ever to change.


You didn't need to do that. The topic shouldn't be relevant anyway. But props to you for being open and honest. And hopefully you find luck in all future endeavours. Hopefully a new team will work for you.
krooked
Profile Joined May 2011
376 Posts
July 24 2013 02:07 GMT
#72
On July 24 2013 08:57 KaienFEMC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 06:13 krooked wrote:
I laughed at the weight joke.

To the people arguing about weight, genetics does not play a role except in extremely rare cases where a gland isnt working properly. And even for them, thermodynamics still apply. Diet is everything, physical activity kind of matters but all put within the context of ones diet. To become of desrows size one must be in a big caloric surplus over several years. Of course the reasons for this are many and in the end its hard to blame someone for becoming fat, but it is entirely up to themselves to fix the issue.

Surprised by the move, I actually dont believe desrow has anything better going for him. I believe that he had issues with being on the team, to be honest.


No... Energy conversion in biological system is way more complex than you think.
Not everyone who consumes a bottle of coke will gain 150 calories.
Not everyone who runs a mile will lose 300 calories.
There are people who easily gain weight due to their genetic make up, this is a simple fact.
They have to work harder to lose weight. Yes, life is unfair and it is true that it is up to them to put in the extra effort to stay fit in the modern society of developed world. However, saying genetics only apply in extremely rare cases is entirely wrong.


Well, you just created your own little scenario of what I actually said.

Of course not everybody running 3 miles will use the same amount of energy? More weight = more energy required, obviously.
300kcal is 300kcal for everybody. That does not change.

The difference, and I thought this was obvious, is how many calories people use per day. This has A LOT of variables, namely weight, age, activity (both exercise and activity during the day). Some variances will occur, and you could say that it is genetics - But that doesnt change the fact that they have to go in a caloric deficit.

I am a 6'4, 21yo male at 215lbs. I used to think I had a very low metabolism or something. That was entirely wrong. I just needed to count calories and increase activity and I could eat a lot of food while losing weight. This will apply to more or less everyone else (counting the variables I already mentioned). But lets say that a person with my stats couldnt eat as much as I do (2600kcal a day not counting any exercise). Lets say he could only eat 2000. Does that mean he can blame genetics? Oh, krooked is losing at 600kcal more than me I guess I am meant to be fat.

In the end, genetics really do only apply in rare cases. People are simply misinformed and dont understand the concept calories in/calories out. They get their head stuck in "healthy" and "unhealthy" food etc and never actually do counting and make sure they stay in a deficit. When they do, they will understand that losing weight is easy for more or less all of us.
MadProbe
Profile Joined February 2012
United States269 Posts
July 24 2013 02:13 GMT
#73
sounds like he got something better coming up. good luck desrow! <333333
askmc70
Profile Joined March 2012
United States722 Posts
July 24 2013 02:27 GMT
#74
well good luck, hope you can only hope to achieve your goals. NO TEARS ONLY DREAMS
Rickyvalle21
Profile Joined July 2012
United States320 Posts
July 24 2013 02:40 GMT
#75
FXO.NA is starting to fall apart. Only notable players I knew on FXO.NA were Neeb and Desrow. The rest I dont know who they are or they have gone inactive. Not to mention they still have mid masters on the team.
people say practice is perfect but if nothing is perfect whats the point in practicing?
esReveR
Profile Joined February 2010
United States568 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-24 08:20:44
July 24 2013 08:20 GMT
#76
On July 24 2013 09:39 desRow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 08:57 KaienFEMC wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:13 krooked wrote:
I laughed at the weight joke.

To the people arguing about weight, genetics does not play a role except in extremely rare cases where a gland isnt working properly. And even for them, thermodynamics still apply. Diet is everything, physical activity kind of matters but all put within the context of ones diet. To become of desrows size one must be in a big caloric surplus over several years. Of course the reasons for this are many and in the end its hard to blame someone for becoming fat, but it is entirely up to themselves to fix the issue.

Surprised by the move, I actually dont believe desrow has anything better going for him. I believe that he had issues with being on the team, to be honest.


No... Energy conversion in biological system is way more complex than you think.
Not everyone who consumes a bottle of coke will gain 150 calories.
Not everyone who runs a mile will lose 300 calories.
There are people who easily gain weight due to their genetic make up, this is a simple fact.
They have to work harder to lose weight. Yes, life is unfair and it is true that it is up to them to put in the extra effort to stay fit in the modern society of developed world. However, saying genetics only apply in extremely rare cases is entirely wrong.


I have hypothyroid but its mostly lack of will but I've been trying for almost 2 years now. I'm pretty open about it on stream and since this thread took that direction I guess I can elaborate on my journey so far.


October to December 2011 In Canada
490 to 460
December to June 2012 In Korea
460 to 470
June to September 2012 In Canada
470 to 400
September to December 2012 In Poland
400 to 450
December to February 2013 In Canada
450 to 405
February to now
Stagnating around 400

My lack of progress has been due to stress and lack of discipline but I'm dedicated more than ever to change.


100 pounds is an accomplishment, keep up the good work.
Skill is relative.
bGr.MetHiX
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria511 Posts
July 24 2013 08:26 GMT
#77
if u are looking for results, desrow is not ur guy.

if u are looking for exposure i guess he is.
Top50 GM EU Protoss from Bulgaria. Streaming with commentary : www.twitch.tv/hwbgmethix
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
July 24 2013 08:32 GMT
#78
Interesting, why would he leave a good team like FXO.NA, don't understand that. I guess he must have some sort of plan at where he wants to be, but i don't get why would leave FXO.NA. Hmm well, good luck
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
beesinyoface
Profile Joined May 2012
2450 Posts
July 24 2013 08:41 GMT
#79
glhf based fucking desWOW!!!
aaaaa
Kim Hyuna
Profile Joined March 2013
Korea (South)264 Posts
July 24 2013 08:42 GMT
#80
DESROW FIGHTINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!~~
김현아 fighting!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 193
JuggernautJason107
Nina 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 599
White-Ra 205
firebathero 81
910 41
NaDa 23
Counter-Strike
Fnx 803
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0175
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby10347
Liquid`Hasu1760
crisheroes1657
Trikslyr73
Other Games
summit1g6522
Liquid`RaSZi6004
Beastyqt784
shahzam466
B2W.Neo245
Pyrionflax171
ToD127
KnowMe116
ArmadaUGS110
ZombieGrub91
IndyStarCraft 69
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream363
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• Eskiya23 24
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV471
League of Legends
• TFBlade954
Other Games
• imaqtpie1020
• Shiphtur352
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.