• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:56
CEST 23:56
KST 06:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5820 users

FXO and desRow part ways - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
July 23 2013 17:52 GMT
#21
On July 24 2013 02:34 IPA wrote:
Honest question -- what "other options" is Desrow expecting without a single result? Felt like he was lucky to be on FXO.

In any event, good luck to both parties!

From what I understand no one on the FXO NA team is paid, so there's no real benefits to being on the team other then FXO being a huge name. The FXO NA team is also a seeder team for the FXO KR side of things from what I understand. Of course I could be completely wrong but this is what I've read from other pro's who left the FXO na squad.
Moderatorlickypiddy
mikkmagro
Profile Joined April 2011
Malta1513 Posts
July 23 2013 18:00 GMT
#22
On July 24 2013 02:52 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 02:34 IPA wrote:
Honest question -- what "other options" is Desrow expecting without a single result? Felt like he was lucky to be on FXO.

In any event, good luck to both parties!

From what I understand no one on the FXO NA team is paid, so there's no real benefits to being on the team other then FXO being a huge name. The FXO NA team is also a seeder team for the FXO KR side of things from what I understand. Of course I could be completely wrong but this is what I've read from other pro's who left the FXO na squad.

How can it be a seeder team into FXO.KR? I doubt FXO.KR is going to recruit Americans. They were supposed to practice with each other but I'm not sure whether it's done. FXO.NA is like an academy for up and coming American talents.
mousesports, Team Acer, Fnatic!
FreedomSC2
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada224 Posts
July 23 2013 18:19 GMT
#23
Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I thought for sure you would of stayed with FXO for the rest of HOTS. Hope your other options pan out well. Best of luck Sir.
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 18:29:09
July 23 2013 18:27 GMT
#24
On July 24 2013 03:00 mikkmagro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 02:52 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On July 24 2013 02:34 IPA wrote:
Honest question -- what "other options" is Desrow expecting without a single result? Felt like he was lucky to be on FXO.

In any event, good luck to both parties!

From what I understand no one on the FXO NA team is paid, so there's no real benefits to being on the team other then FXO being a huge name. The FXO NA team is also a seeder team for the FXO KR side of things from what I understand. Of course I could be completely wrong but this is what I've read from other pro's who left the FXO na squad.

How can it be a seeder team into FXO.KR? I doubt FXO.KR is going to recruit Americans. They were supposed to practice with each other but I'm not sure whether it's done. FXO.NA is like an academy for up and coming American talents.


I'll go ahead and say that to my knowledge there is no significant interaction between NA and KR FXO. They've definitely got a couple good players; though they just recently lost their best ones. That said, I'm pretty sure Desrow made the right choice with a team leave this time around. Hes one of those d00ds that have been through so many different teams but 7 months is a pretty long time and I'm sure hes just focused on building his own brand name. To people who are not aware, that's worth a bit regardless of skill. Just look at casters.

Best of luck to him! ;D
+ Show Spoiler +
p.s. u guys sound like children. how tl has devolved. it was like a venusaur and now its a fucking bulbasaur. fuck
[image loading]

TO THIS THING?!?!?!
[image loading]
look at that evil troll smirk
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
July 23 2013 18:28 GMT
#25
On July 24 2013 02:43 rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 02:39 Mouzone wrote:
On July 24 2013 02:34 IPA wrote:
Honest question -- what "other options" is Desrow expecting without a single result? Felt like he was lucky to be on FXO.

In any event, good luck to both parties!


I'm assuming he already received a better offer, makes no sense otherwise.

I did appreciate the fat joke by the way. If people insist on being fat they should be able to handle those. Oh, and you can keep the "some people can't help being fat" comments for yourselves, let's suppose I already read them and took note.


If you're to "insist" people keep their opinions to themselves on the matter of weight, why don't you do likewise and not say something as stupid as "if people insist on being fat?" (and you're quite literally projecting this on to Desrow).


wut?

Sidenote, found the fat joke funny and think a temp ban is really not needed.
Also, who would offer desrow a lot of money? I mean he gets 1k viewers or a bit more and will never place decently in a tourney ever again.
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
July 23 2013 18:30 GMT
#26
On July 24 2013 02:08 strength wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 01:56 KarlKaliente wrote:
FXO was sick of buying two plane tickets to send him anywhere

User was warned for this post

User was temp banned for this post.


That was funny. People can't take a joke in the SC2 scene.

A joke like that only works in the right situation, this was not that.
Holdenintherye
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1441 Posts
July 23 2013 18:31 GMT
#27
Wonder where he'll go next
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
July 23 2013 18:32 GMT
#28
Holy shit, so many a-holes in this community.

I look as anorexic as an African villager and I eat all the garbage I want. It's genetics folks.

This is a damn shame. If aspiring top NA gms like Desrow who are constantly improving can't keep a team, it says something. My guess is it was probably contract related. They probably wanted to bump down his salary.

Best of luck finding a new team man.
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
-BCNPalomino-
Profile Joined May 2012
United States45 Posts
July 23 2013 18:32 GMT
#29
sounds like Desrow has a plan in mind....FXO is no doubt a fantastic organization. Looking forward to hearing whats next for Desrow
Oliveoil Nutmeg
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 18:54:28
July 23 2013 18:37 GMT
#30
On July 24 2013 03:32 TRaFFiC wrote:
Holy shit, so many a-holes in this community.

I look as anorexic as an African villager and I eat all the garbage I want. It's genetics folks.

This is a damn shame. If aspiring top NA gms like Desrow who are constantly improving can't keep a team, it says something. My guess is it was probably contract related. They probably wanted to bump down his salary.

Best of luck finding a new team man.


You know that that is actually only true for less than one in 10.000 people? Most like you have no idea how many calories you consume and burn. Genetics in almost all cases do not play a significant role at all in your body weight.


More probable is this


I also dig the way you criticise! African villigar... classic!
TXRaunchy
Profile Joined June 2013
United States131 Posts
July 23 2013 18:40 GMT
#31
he's good but not pro like the other EU pros.
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
July 23 2013 18:44 GMT
#32
On July 24 2013 03:37 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 03:32 TRaFFiC wrote:
Holy shit, so many a-holes in this community.

I look as anorexic as an African villager and I eat all the garbage I want. It's genetics folks.

This is a damn shame. If aspiring top NA gms like Desrow who are constantly improving can't keep a team, it says something. My guess is it was probably contract related. They probably wanted to bump down his salary.

Best of luck finding a new team man.


You know that that is actually only true for less than one in 10.000.000 people? Most like you have no idea how many calories you consume and burn. Genetics in almost all cases do not play a significant role at all in your body weight.

More probable is this

So according to you only 1 in 10 million people affected by genetics? Cool stats man. Must be some new ground breaking study. Mind sharing the link to that?

Fact of the matter is, most of the people throwing out the insults have no idea what it is like to seriously commit yourself to diet and exercise while being over weight. Committing yourself to the gym is easy. I bet not one of these naysayers have managed to follow a consistent diet for 3 months, never mind a life time. It's one of the hardest things you can be challenged with in life.

2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
zalem95
Profile Joined January 2011
Peru186 Posts
July 23 2013 18:46 GMT
#33
Who is Desrow?
nothing special
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
July 23 2013 18:47 GMT
#34
On July 24 2013 03:37 rEalGuapo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 03:32 TRaFFiC wrote:
Holy shit, so many a-holes in this community.

I look as anorexic as an African villager and I eat all the garbage I want. It's genetics folks.

This is a damn shame. If aspiring top NA gms like Desrow who are constantly improving can't keep a team, it says something. My guess is it was probably contract related. They probably wanted to bump down his salary.

Best of luck finding a new team man.


You know that that is actually only true for less than one in 10.000.000 people? Most like you have no idea how many calories you consume and burn. Genetics in almost all cases do not play a significant role at all in your body weight.


More probable is this


I also dig the way you criticise! African villigar... classic!


1 in 10,000,000? No idea where you got that number but I'll blow your mind with some statistics with the note: Holy shit I never knew me and that other guy were so special. And just fyi, what he was talking about has to do with how fast your metabolism works which, in fact,is largely based on genetics. I mean there is even a medical field called metabolic genetics. If that doesn't sound like the hyperbolic time chamber then I dunno what does.
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
July 23 2013 18:47 GMT
#35
On July 24 2013 01:56 KarlKaliente wrote:
FXO was sick of buying two plane tickets to send him anywhere

User was warned for this post

User was temp banned for this post.

Fuck off bitch, fuck you.

User was warned for this post
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 18:51:34
July 23 2013 18:48 GMT
#36
On July 24 2013 03:44 TRaFFiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 03:37 rEalGuapo wrote:
On July 24 2013 03:32 TRaFFiC wrote:
Holy shit, so many a-holes in this community.

I look as anorexic as an African villager and I eat all the garbage I want. It's genetics folks.

This is a damn shame. If aspiring top NA gms like Desrow who are constantly improving can't keep a team, it says something. My guess is it was probably contract related. They probably wanted to bump down his salary.

Best of luck finding a new team man.


You know that that is actually only true for less than one in 10.000.000 people? Most like you have no idea how many calories you consume and burn. Genetics in almost all cases do not play a significant role at all in your body weight.

More probable is this

So according to you only 1 in 10 million people affected by genetics? Cool stats man. Must be some new ground breaking study. Mind sharing the link to that?

Fact of the matter is, most of the people throwing out the insults have no idea what it is like to seriously commit yourself to diet and exercise while being over weight. Committing yourself to the gym is easy. I bet not one of these naysayers have managed to follow a consistent diet for 3 months, never mind a life time. It's one of the hardest things you can be challenged with in life.




Well than the world would be full of fat fucks. . . Ok, but even more so.
I am not saying that people are not affected by genetics you ignorant piece of s.... I am saying that diet makes like 80% of your body comp, exercise 19.5% and then 0.5% are genetics for almost all of us. In terms of relative weight.
I am sorry I did not spell it out to the last detail for you, I should have known you don't understand it otherwise... my bad!


Oh and fyi to not look like desrow you do not have to commit hardcore to a strict diet for the rest of your life, eating somewhat healthy in reasonable amounts and spending a half hour of your waking time doing some form of physical activity is way more than enough for that. But go ahead and make excuses for others for no reason at all.

User was temp banned for this post.
rEalGuapo
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany832 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 18:58:58
July 23 2013 18:52 GMT
#37
On July 24 2013 03:47 Cokefreak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 01:56 KarlKaliente wrote:
FXO was sick of buying two plane tickets to send him anywhere

User was warned for this post

User was temp banned for this post.

Fuck off bitch, fuck you.

Hah!



Edit: Also I had my numbers messed up, for endomorphs (people that tend to gain weight more easily) it is 1 in 10k not 1 in 10mill. Big fucking difference.... still none of you is one. AND STILL an endomorph can get rid of fat by living like a decent human being should.
Plus you can change your somatotype by changing your habits (GUESS WHAT: Exercise and diet).

So, what say you now captain "I defend those who can only suffer from defense"?
iSHOKZ
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany138 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 19:11:58
July 23 2013 18:52 GMT
#38
On July 24 2013 03:32 TRaFFiC wrote:
Holy shit, so many a-holes in this community.

I look as anorexic as an African villager and I eat all the garbage I want. It's genetics folks.

This is a damn shame. If aspiring top NA gms like Desrow who are constantly improving can't keep a team, it says something. My guess is it was probably contract related. They probably wanted to bump down his salary.

Best of luck finding a new team man.


You just have the wrong image of desrow.

Everyone who has been in contact with him, every team and every teammember knows how the real desrow behaves.
Nothing more to add.

Lets see which one is his next team

edit: in regards to character, not to his weight.
Poo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada536 Posts
July 23 2013 19:17 GMT
#39
Hmm this is interesting, I wonder if he'll go to sMi. They seem to be picking up a large # of mid-high gm players recently.
Try hard or don't try at all.
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
July 23 2013 19:23 GMT
#40
My bet is on mYinsanity.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 97
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 162
firebathero 82
910 38
NaDa 30
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm77
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0181
PPMD49
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9548
Liquid`Hasu1773
Trikslyr86
Other Games
summit1g6280
Liquid`RaSZi5785
shahzam525
JimRising 226
B2W.Neo196
Pyrionflax169
KnowMe123
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream348
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 37
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1022
Other Games
• imaqtpie1095
• Shiphtur242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 4m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.