• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:17
CEST 15:17
KST 22:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7779 users

[stream] NrGMalice

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
NrGMalice
Profile Joined February 2010
United States104 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-22 12:37:36
May 09 2012 17:35 GMT
#1
http://www.twitch.tv/nrgmalice

Hello Starcraft 2 community!

Many of you may not know me too well as I haven't made a lot of major contributions to the community yet, but all of that is about to change.

My name is Greg "NrGMalice" Risselada, and I have been playing Starcraft 2 regularly since the beta was released. In the beta, I was playing quite a bit and was consistently in the top 200 lists for the NA server. In January 2011, I started working 40 hours a week and found less and less time to play, and my skill has dropped with my time commitment. I've only managed to get into the grandmaster league twice, and I've noticed that I have been getting slowly passed by more and more players.

No more! I've decided to leave my full time job to commit to playing Starcraft 2 full time and see just how good I can get. And I've set up a stream so that you can all come along for the journey!

A little bit about me and my past in esports:

In 2007 I became a member of Team Pandemic's World of Warcraft arena team, which was undefeated in tournament play for that year, winning 7 straight tournaments and over $100,000. Our best finish in 2008 was third, and our team slowly started to lose interest in the game and we eventually broke up and I quit the game. Here is a picture of our team after we won 2007 Dreamhack winter:

[image loading]

I finished out my college degree, but I always yearned to get back into esports, and now I'm giving myself an opportunity before I have too many other life responsibilities.

I'm 26 years old, so how will that affect me? Is that too old to attempt to make a push to the top? Will I succeed in becoming one of the better American players or will I fail miserably? We will find out!

Please watch and support an up and coming, hard working, American zerg player!

[image loading]

About the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/nrgmalice

I will be streaming beginning at set times each day. The stream is high quality, I will be talking about each game afterwards (however not talking much during games), and listening to music. (dubstep, hip hop/rap, other misc) I also have a webcam setup! I may consider giving lessons sometime in the future as well, but for now I just want to play as much as possible!

I will mostly be playing on the NA ladder, however I will also play customs from time to time and I will also try to play in as many playhems and other online cups as much as possible.

One of my biggest goals is to become featured on teamliquid.net, so if anyone can offer any assistance there please let me know!

Also, please give me feedback on what I can do to improve my stream.


TL;DR
I'm a former pro wow player, current low grandmaster/high master zerg from the NA server who is going to be streaming full time starting now. Check me out at twitch.tv/nrgmalice

If you enjoy the stream, please follow me on twitch.tv and on twitter @nrgmalice

STREAM IS LIVE AT THE TIME OF THIS POST!
Follow me @ twitch.tv/nrgmalice & twitter.com/nrgmalice
Fanek
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland344 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 17:37:59
May 09 2012 17:36 GMT
#2
gl man, playing SC2 full time is like american dream :D
hello
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
May 09 2012 17:37 GMT
#3
Yo, gl man, I'll check the stream out.
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
May 09 2012 17:37 GMT
#4
Lol, finally a post of someone doing this where they aren't in silver league.

Good luck
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
sc2pal
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland624 Posts
May 09 2012 17:37 GMT
#5
playing vs ToD now nice initiative, you have to be very passionate to quit job and go full time sc2 wish u best luck!
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
May 09 2012 17:38 GMT
#6
I wish you the best in becoming pro

Quitting a full-time job for Sc2... wow
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
Psychobabas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
2531 Posts
May 09 2012 17:38 GMT
#7
Well good luck. You only live once.
CarlMikael
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden1043 Posts
May 09 2012 17:38 GMT
#8
GL gonna tune in for sure sometime
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
May 09 2012 17:39 GMT
#9
Sounds very exciting, good luck with this man!
Stress
Profile Joined February 2011
United States980 Posts
May 09 2012 17:39 GMT
#10
Good luck, Starcraft 2 is a whole different beast compared to WoW and is about to get a lot tougher with the BW pros switching.
"Touch my gosu hands." - Tastosis | | fOrGG // MC // Jaedong
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
May 09 2012 17:40 GMT
#11
Good luck Greg! Before you started working so much you were tearing everything up, I'm confident you can do awesome with all this time dedicated to the game.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
May 09 2012 17:42 GMT
#12
Good luck Happy you already have your education. Would have been a lot worse if you dropped out of school to pursue this. You can always find another job... it's a lot harder to go back to school when you're older.

Keep us updated on your progress
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Rantech
Profile Joined April 2010
Chile527 Posts
May 09 2012 17:44 GMT
#13
Best of luck to you Malice!
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
May 09 2012 17:45 GMT
#14
At first I thought this was a troll thread. with some low masters/ diamond level player trying to plug his stream and making a huge mistake. I came in here thinking I should give some sort of warning or the rocky road ahead and that you shouldn't play sc2 professionally unless you were already gm level.


Then I noticed that you were malice and you were actually pretty damn good back in the day. So all the things I orignally planned on saying are now thrown out the window.

I do want to wish you good luck, and that I hope you stomp the compeition and do well.
Firesilver
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom1190 Posts
May 09 2012 17:47 GMT
#15
Wish you all the best and hope to see you in some of the big tournaments soon!
Caster at IMBA.tv -- www.twitter.com/IMBAFiresilver -- www.youtube.com/FiresilverTV
Venerac
Profile Joined December 2010
United States201 Posts
May 09 2012 17:47 GMT
#16
Followed/Subscribed! Good luck!
Proud listener of "Starcast: The Starcraft Podcast". SlayerS_BoxeR//White-Ra//djWHEAT <3<3
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
May 09 2012 17:49 GMT
#17
Good luck to you, and just remember... White Ra is older and makes his living with StarCraft. So it can be done, and you've already been a progamer, so you're not going into it with crazy ideas.I wish you the best, and you already know how hard it can be, so live the dream man.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
May 09 2012 17:49 GMT
#18
Education, experience and a reasonable skill level.

Thank god.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
May 09 2012 17:49 GMT
#19
I wish you best of luck!
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
Gackt_
Profile Joined March 2010
335 Posts
May 09 2012 17:49 GMT
#20
cant u tell us what ur fulltime job was so we know if it was worth leaving it? :p
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1086
WardiTV760
OGKoka 300
Rex147
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 300
Rex 147
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2549
Horang2 1489
Shuttle 1450
Jaedong 868
EffOrt 671
BeSt 544
Mini 411
Light 252
Stork 242
ZerO 202
[ Show more ]
firebathero 194
ggaemo 160
Rush 137
Zeus 89
Killer 73
Shine 66
Barracks 64
Hyun 63
Shinee 31
sorry 30
ToSsGirL 28
Yoon 26
Aegong 24
Mong 23
Bale 22
Sexy 22
PianO 21
soO 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Sacsri 14
zelot 11
Noble 10
Terrorterran 10
yabsab 8
Icarus 7
HiyA 7
Dota 2
qojqva2263
Dendi1641
BananaSlamJamma290
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin737
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes393
Other Games
singsing2241
olofmeister1370
B2W.Neo735
hiko722
Lowko339
Sick226
Pyrionflax190
Liquid`VortiX117
ArmadaUGS80
Mew2King40
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream553
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH294
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2309
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 43m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.