• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:01
CEST 13:01
KST 20:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8047 users

[TSL] Transformation - NaNiwa Interview and Bio - Page 5

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 23:38:31
May 14 2011 23:38 GMT
#81
On May 15 2011 07:38 OGKruemmel wrote:
I dont like naniwa...


Necessary comment. :-P

NaNiwa, let's just say... good luck. Against THORZAIN! Whoo.

But no, glhf even though I like ThorZaIN. :D
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
paddyz
Profile Joined May 2011
Ireland628 Posts
May 15 2011 00:35 GMT
#82
Naniwaa fighting!, the guy just inspires me to play
ImmortalTofu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1254 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-15 00:58:02
May 15 2011 00:56 GMT
#83
On May 14 2011 03:25 Mobius_1 wrote:
American Psycho?

Thorzain might want to lock his door at night.

Also, someone make a Naniwa "Got Milk?" cheerful.


SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO THIS!

And fighting! I'm soo happy he cleaned up his act and got it together, shows what he can do! He's amazingly talented!
"Friendship ain't a business deal"
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
May 15 2011 08:30 GMT
#84
i think this is a very good point,

"Nope, I think he as well as I were hiding builds for the real deal and did not really play our most serious styles."

no one should look into that series too much
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
mikkelinen
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden61 Posts
May 15 2011 09:28 GMT
#85
On May 14 2011 04:14 Meatloaf wrote:
these swedes , they drink that "mjölk" all the time! even for dinner!

believe me I saw them doin it!! lol


How is that weird?

Also gogo Swedish TSL victory :D

Comlawics
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden38 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-15 10:03:46
May 15 2011 10:00 GMT
#86
On May 15 2011 18:28 mikkelinen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 04:14 Meatloaf wrote:
these swedes , they drink that "mjölk" all the time! even for dinner!

believe me I saw them doin it!! lol


How is that weird?

Also gogo Swedish TSL victory :D


South Europeans are strange in that regard :D When I was in Italy I asked for milk at a restaurant they first gave me a tiny box of milk to put in coffee, and I said I wanted a big one they gave me a big glass of WARM milk, WTF???? I just want a big glass of normal cold milk!

I am so puzzled who I want to win, both are Swedish so that doesn't factor... Nani is protoss, but Thorzain is an underdog.. Ahhh I hope Thorzain win, sorry protoss brothers, because Nani will go to Korea and dominate either way, so Thorzain can have this

edit: today is the World Championship Ice Hockey finals at the exact same time as the game!! Sweden - Finland, hate-match, omg which to watch?
Naniwa, Sase, and Axslav fan!
twisted03
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden137 Posts
May 15 2011 11:10 GMT
#87
On May 15 2011 19:00 Thalimunrah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2011 18:28 mikkelinen wrote:
On May 14 2011 04:14 Meatloaf wrote:
these swedes , they drink that "mjölk" all the time! even for dinner!

believe me I saw them doin it!! lol


How is that weird?

Also gogo Swedish TSL victory :D


South Europeans are strange in that regard :D When I was in Italy I asked for milk at a restaurant they first gave me a tiny box of milk to put in coffee, and I said I wanted a big one they gave me a big glass of WARM milk, WTF???? I just want a big glass of normal cold milk!

I am so puzzled who I want to win, both are Swedish so that doesn't factor... Nani is protoss, but Thorzain is an underdog.. Ahhh I hope Thorzain win, sorry protoss brothers, because Nani will go to Korea and dominate either way, so Thorzain can have this

edit: today is the World Championship Ice Hockey finals at the exact same time as the game!! Sweden - Finland, hate-match, omg which to watch?

Get a laptop. ^^
Icarox
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden78 Posts
May 15 2011 12:20 GMT
#88
On May 14 2011 03:49 Nifel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 03:33 nihlon wrote:
On May 14 2011 03:02 preon wrote:
Q: Sweden has been doing very well in international events lately, does that come as a surprise? Are you proud of the all-Swedish finals?

I am obviously proud of an all-Swedish final, it is a bit surprising because the support from the community in sweden is so bad for swedish players compared to a lot of other nations like Germany. Player quality wise its not surprising in the least.


Ehm.. lol? I bet he'll take that back whenever/if ever he comes home from korea, after making it to the semifinals in the gsl twice in a row, and beeing celebrated at the airport..

All in all, cool interview though, he's a baller!


I don't see what is wrong with his statement. Swedish fans in general suck at supporting their team/player compared to a lot of other nations. And to be honest I wasn't that impressed by the welcome Jinro got at the air port. It was a nice arrangement but the turnout wasn't anything special.


While there seems to be a fairly vocal, Swedish minority here on TL which holds Sweden in very high regard (perhaps too high as it tends to get fairly embarrassing from time to time), the "jante" law runs deep in most. Not that many Swedes cheer for the home team. I also feel the majority of the Swedes I've met in some SC2-related way hold Korea in much higher regard than Sweden. Personally I feel it's a pretty healthy stance though. In an ideal world people would value high skill and sportsmanship over nationality in every sport. :D I guess it wouldn't do much for the competitive spirit though..

By the way; to cheer Naniwa and Thorzain up, TL could always play the Swedish national anthem before the game! ..or not..I guess it's best that tradition stays out of eSports.


Well said! I completely agree with your philosophy there. Seeing as in a way, we're all our own nations and fight for ourselves, or our teams.
And like you hinted, it doesn't really do much for the competitive spirit. So I don't think Swedes should stick their support for Swedish players beneath their chairs!

I'm very proud of being interested in e-sports, even though it needs to deal with sexism among other pressing issues at the moment. It's wonderful to be interested in something like Starcraft 2 which everybody can play despite of physical conditions and etc. And the fact that Naniwa has been practicing rigorously on his playstyle AND his manners, that makes him shine internationally! By doing so he's becoming a great example for me to introduce others to e-sports. Seeing as sports in general takes out the worst in people. We don't need people to be rude, it's a harsh world enough as it is. (Even though, you can never blame the things you say during the heat of the moment.)

I think Swedes should be proud of their fellow Swedes taking their opportunities to practice and fight in a format that isn't as generally embraced by the public. Sweden is a great gaming nation, as living here grants the population tons of opportunities to 'game on'.

And with those aspects in mind, I say; gogo Swedish gaming and Naniwa HWAITIIIIING!1!
Belphegor13
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden19 Posts
May 15 2011 20:48 GMT
#89
No support from the swedish community? D: Well, he's certainly got mine!

At least we've got a great crowd, according to MC
Danjoh
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden405 Posts
May 16 2011 12:03 GMT
#90
On May 14 2011 04:14 Meatloaf wrote:
these swedes , they drink that "mjölk" all the time! even for dinner!

believe me I saw them doin it!! lol

I just came back from a trip to Spain... near impossible to find milk... and if you tried to get anything else than beer/wine for lunch/dinner, the waiter looked like a questionmark...

I'm averaging 1.5 liters of milk per day, but I did grow up on a milk farm...
Agathon
Profile Joined February 2011
France1505 Posts
May 16 2011 13:29 GMT
#91
On May 16 2011 21:03 Danjoh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 04:14 Meatloaf wrote:
these swedes , they drink that "mjölk" all the time! even for dinner!

believe me I saw them doin it!! lol

I just came back from a trip to Spain... near impossible to find milk... and if you tried to get anything else than beer/wine for lunch/dinner, the waiter looked like a questionmark...

I'm averaging 1.5 liters of milk per day, but I did grow up on a milk farm...


I would say it's strange for us too

In France it's same as Italy or Spain i guess. Nobody drinks milk for dinner. Water, soda, wine, beers, champagne sometimes, but i never seen anybody asking for a big fresh milk glass, even children !

It's very common in swedish restaurants and bars?
"C'est au pied du mur, qu'on voit le mieux...le mur".
Demon Hunter
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand74 Posts
May 16 2011 15:21 GMT
#92
So... Was there a post-game interview? If so could someone please point me in the direction, thanks.
woreyour
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
582 Posts
May 19 2011 14:47 GMT
#93
Cats < Ferrets
I am so sexy.. I sometimes romance myself..
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 15983
StarCastTV_EN376
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
TBD vs Percival
TBD vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings90
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko142
ProTech31
OGKoka 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10926
Jaedong 5301
EffOrt 2705
BeSt 1159
actioN 865
Killer 640
Soma 574
Horang2 508
ZerO 485
Pusan 428
[ Show more ]
Zeus 238
Stork 211
Rush 158
JYJ 148
Barracks 116
ToSsGirL 55
Mong 52
HiyA 50
Terrorterran 32
Bale 29
Sexy 28
Sharp 26
Shinee 25
sorry 20
NaDa 18
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc4973
XaKoH 398
League of Legends
Reynor50
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2399
crisheroes1828
Other Games
gofns61639
singsing1432
olofmeister918
byalli590
Livibee197
Pyrionflax147
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick506
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream353
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 248
StarCraft 2
WardiTV31
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH360
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1700
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 59m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.