• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:55
CEST 05:55
KST 12:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8210 users

Ro8 Interviews [NEW 2/16] - Page 4

Forum Index > TSL2 Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
February 16 2010 06:51 GMT
#61
i have no idea why people are saying idra should retire.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Azarkon
Profile Joined January 2010
United States21060 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-16 07:13:42
February 16 2010 07:10 GMT
#62
IMO, for the semi-finals:

Nony > JF
Mondragon > Sen

This is based on the level of play I saw recently, accounting for the fact that Mondragon seems to be in his best form.

But this tournament has been a tournament of upsets, so anything goes, even a Sen vs. JF final in which JF wins and becomes a legend.
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
February 16 2010 07:46 GMT
#63
Great interview from sen. He seems like a cool guy.
ilbh
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil1606 Posts
February 16 2010 08:28 GMT
#64
are we going to have the losers interview?

idra, ret, white-ra, fenix
would be interesting
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
February 16 2010 09:30 GMT
#65
Only idrA will do just fine as well :D
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Maenander
Profile Joined November 2002
Germany4927 Posts
February 16 2010 09:30 GMT
#66
Sen is such a great guy.

I think all remaining players have about equal chances, maybe JF slightly less against Nony. Yet JF proved me wrong againg and again, so ...
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
February 16 2010 10:06 GMT
#67
SEN IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
aqui
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany1023 Posts
February 16 2010 11:46 GMT
#68
Wow Sen seems to be a great guy, he sounds totally honest when he says that he feels guilty kicking other players out.
Was this interview translated by Ash or did Sen answer in english himself?
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
February 16 2010 11:51 GMT
#69
Ash translated for earlier interviews, so I'm sure this is what happened here as well
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
1984
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Ukraine115 Posts
February 16 2010 12:41 GMT
#70
Liquid`NonY:
Good riddance PvT; I never really understood you.

Wow, I was pretty much impressed with this.
SoL[9]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Portugal1370 Posts
February 16 2010 13:17 GMT
#71
Good interviews

One thing is for sure Nony > JF
Mondi vs Sen dunno but i hope that mondi can win!
I Can Fly...
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8194 Posts
February 16 2010 13:20 GMT
#72
On February 16 2010 15:51 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
i have no idea why people are saying idra should retire.

Because they think that he doesn't have the potential to be an A-team player, and therefore that he is losing the most precious years of his life for no reason. You know, you are 20 once in your life. I'm not quite sure it worths it even if you have a Jaedong like potential, but I'm definitly sure that it's throwing away your time if you don't have really amazing potential.

And it's hard not to agree a little bit, although he made impressive progresses. I remember this sentence from Iefnaij's TLAttack "Why would I go lose my time in Korea". That day, I thought that he was really smart.

I liked very very much Sen interview.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-16 19:00:26
February 16 2010 18:58 GMT
#73
On February 16 2010 20:46 aqui wrote:
Wow Sen seems to be a great guy, he sounds totally honest when he says that he feels guilty kicking other players out.
Was this interview translated by Ash or did Sen answer in english himself?

Sen answers in a mix of Chinese/English (we ask the questions in English and usually they are not translated for Sen since he understands English more confidently than writing it, but when need be Ash also translates to Chinese if the question is a difficult one).

Some things like the SEN IS BACK he does in English. Ash is indeed the translator for the Chinese parts.
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4532 Posts
February 16 2010 19:59 GMT
#74
i am a sad panda.
Team Liquid
andiCR
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2273 Posts
February 16 2010 20:45 GMT
#75
On February 17 2010 04:59 ret wrote:
i am a sad panda.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15852885/
Nightmare1795 wrote: I played a guy in bronze who said he was Japanese. That was the only game I ever dropped a nuke, which was purely coincidental.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-16 20:55:27
February 16 2010 20:49 GMT
#76
On February 16 2010 22:20 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2010 15:51 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
i have no idea why people are saying idra should retire.

Because they think that he doesn't have the potential to be an A-team player, and therefore that he is losing the most precious years of his life for no reason. You know, you are 20 once in your life. I'm not quite sure it worths it even if you have a Jaedong like potential, but I'm definitly sure that it's throwing away your time if you don't have really amazing potential.

And it's hard not to agree a little bit, although he made impressive progresses. I remember this sentence from Iefnaij's TLAttack "Why would I go lose my time in Korea". That day, I thought that he was really smart.

I liked very very much Sen interview.

The person who makes the decision is Idra anyways but i dont agree with you at all. Like you said you are only 20 once. Name how many 20 year olds who are having the experience that idra is getting. Hes spending his time in another country learning its culture while doing something he loves. Also its more common seeing pros take years to break out into the A team. iirc it took like hiya 3 years to even qualifiy for his first msl. I bet you idra is also making more money then most of the A team members in his team. Why would he leave?

In a lot of posts ive seen from you it seems like you have a personal agenda against Idra.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Azarkon
Profile Joined January 2010
United States21060 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-16 21:07:18
February 16 2010 21:06 GMT
#77
Meh, I don't get the argument "he's wasting his life." Idra is living out his dream. This is an opportunity very few foreigners (and even Koreans) will ever have. If Idra thought he was wasting his life playing Starcraft he would've never played it professionally in the first place. It's not about being the undisputed best. It's about doing what you want to do with your life, and for Idra that's playing Starcraft.
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8194 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-16 23:22:24
February 16 2010 23:21 GMT
#78
On February 17 2010 05:49 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2010 22:20 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On February 16 2010 15:51 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
i have no idea why people are saying idra should retire.

Because they think that he doesn't have the potential to be an A-team player, and therefore that he is losing the most precious years of his life for no reason. You know, you are 20 once in your life. I'm not quite sure it worths it even if you have a Jaedong like potential, but I'm definitly sure that it's throwing away your time if you don't have really amazing potential.

And it's hard not to agree a little bit, although he made impressive progresses. I remember this sentence from Iefnaij's TLAttack "Why would I go lose my time in Korea". That day, I thought that he was really smart.

I liked very very much Sen interview.

The person who makes the decision is Idra anyways but i dont agree with you at all. Like you said you are only 20 once. Name how many 20 year olds who are having the experience that idra is getting. Hes spending his time in another country learning its culture while doing something he loves. Also its more common seeing pros take years to break out into the A team. iirc it took like hiya 3 years to even qualifiy for his first msl. I bet you idra is also making more money then most of the A team members in his team. Why would he leave?

In a lot of posts ive seen from you it seems like you have a personal agenda against Idra.

Maybe I think that there are better way to spend your 20's than slaving in front of a computer screen 12 hours a day in the smelly basement of a computer game professional house, not having girlfriends, not reading any book, not studying anything interesting, not doing sport except maybe some gym from time to time.

Money is not criteria for me, especially when it's about getting a Mc Donald salary and winning few hundred dollars here and there because you have managed to beat some foreigners.

I don't say that it has to be everybody's opinion, though.

And if I had to chose between living Flash's life or mine, I would take mine without a quarter second of hesitation.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
gro.ro
Profile Joined January 2010
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-17 00:34:48
February 17 2010 00:01 GMT
#79
On February 17 2010 08:21 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2010 05:49 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
On February 16 2010 22:20 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On February 16 2010 15:51 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
i have no idea why people are saying idra should retire.

Because they think that he doesn't have the potential to be an A-team player, and therefore that he is losing the most precious years of his life for no reason. You know, you are 20 once in your life. I'm not quite sure it worths it even if you have a Jaedong like potential, but I'm definitly sure that it's throwing away your time if you don't have really amazing potential.

And it's hard not to agree a little bit, although he made impressive progresses. I remember this sentence from Iefnaij's TLAttack "Why would I go lose my time in Korea". That day, I thought that he was really smart.

I liked very very much Sen interview.

The person who makes the decision is Idra anyways but i dont agree with you at all. Like you said you are only 20 once. Name how many 20 year olds who are having the experience that idra is getting. Hes spending his time in another country learning its culture while doing something he loves. Also its more common seeing pros take years to break out into the A team. iirc it took like hiya 3 years to even qualifiy for his first msl. I bet you idra is also making more money then most of the A team members in his team. Why would he leave?

In a lot of posts ive seen from you it seems like you have a personal agenda against Idra.

Maybe I think that there are better way to spend your 20's than slaving in front of a computer screen 12 hours a day in the smelly basement of a computer game professional house, not having girlfriends, not reading any book, not studying anything interesting, not doing sport except maybe some gym from time to time.

Money is not criteria for me, especially when it's about getting a Mc Donald salary and winning few hundred dollars here and there because you have managed to beat some foreigners.

I don't say that it has to be everybody's opinion, though.

And if I had to chose between living Flash's life or mine, I would take mine without a quarter second of hesitation.


but if HE enjoys this life more than his life before, it is his dream and if its worth for HIM, whats the whole point? he is old enough.

And If I am in MY opinion and definitions the person that is blessed with a better life, then what kind of asshole makes it me if I still need to jump on it in front of a person which in my idea of a good life is already lesser blessed than me and has lesser reason to be a happy and positive person?

I agree with that you come of like you have some personal agenda against him. manners or beeing a "nicer person" is also not a thing of answering insults with greater insults. from what i saw idra atleast talks about other persons as players, his cockiness is only about starcraft and he doesnt talk down the lifestyle or person behind that.

Edit: i must also say that i am glad that there are people that have different kind of dreams or are willing to sacrifice a greater amount of possible positive aspects in their life to become very good in one aspect. so even if i couldnt live in the conditions of the progamers I am glad that there are people that can. so a greater amount of people can benefit from this by watching such a high level of play. same goes with scientist or other "nerds" in their special field. so thank god not everybody has the same ideal of a good life. otherwise the world would be much more boring, one-dimensional and less developed.
aidnai
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1159 Posts
February 17 2010 04:36 GMT
#80
Well, we have an interview with IdrA now... I somehow think it's not what people in this thread have been asking for though.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2432
Shinee 45
NotJumperer 16
Noble 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1010
NeuroSwarm202
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft405
Other Games
summit1g7268
Coldzera 755
JimRising 693
C9.Mang0356
PiGStarcraft272
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1019
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream351
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1045
• Rush896
• Stunt177
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 5m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 5m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.