• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:25
CEST 06:25
KST 13:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8003 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 31

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
February 10 2010 07:52 GMT
#601
I HATE K-POP HEY ROFFLES WHY DO U PLAY KPOP ITS SO GAY DUDE LOL

HEY WTF Y DID U BAN ME
RIP Aaliyah
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 07:56:04
February 10 2010 07:55 GMT
#602
I won't say my complete thoughts here, but I think it would be really neat if we could tie TL logins to livestream chat IDs like ETT said
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
February 10 2010 08:06 GMT
#603
On February 10 2010 16:55 Grobyc wrote:
I won't say my complete thoughts here, but I think it would be really neat if we could tie TL logins to livestream chat IDs like ETT said


Well, if anyone knows better, let me know... I'm pretty ignorant on how Livestream works.

The only solution I could come up with, if it's built into LS, is to require a password - people could PM a LS admin for the password, and must use their TL name while in the chat. The obvious reason I said this isn't feasible though is the sheer number of requests... those livestreams can go up to 1k viewers on a regular night, and 5k+ during grand finals.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 08:31:19
February 10 2010 08:15 GMT
#604
On February 10 2010 17:06 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2010 16:55 Grobyc wrote:
I won't say my complete thoughts here, but I think it would be really neat if we could tie TL logins to livestream chat IDs like ETT said


Well, if anyone knows better, let me know... I'm pretty ignorant on how Livestream works.

The only solution I could come up with, if it's built into LS, is to require a password - people could PM a LS admin for the password, and must use their TL name while in the chat. The obvious reason I said this isn't feasible though is the sheer number of requests... those livestreams can go up to 1k viewers on a regular night, and 5k+ during grand finals.

There's a new feature in livestream that requires people to log in using their livestream IDs. However, the feature appears to be buggy right now so I haven't enabled it. I'm also not sure how it'll work with the old livestream player since it seems to be a product of the new livestream player, so I'm a bit leery of touching it.

Honestly though, it comes down to people completely undermining what other people do for the community. To me at least, people who make those comments in livestream are basically posting in Article threads saying "This is the worst fucking article I've read in my life. Fuck you for writing it you ignorant piece of shit." I can't stand it. As if those comments aren't bad enough, then I come in and see that someone wrote a blog condemning our behavior and saying that we're at fault? I raged so hard I couldn't even formulate a proper reply for a few minutes...

Stopping chat is fine, but the entire reason why I love to watch things live is that you can literally sense the excitement, and you get completely caught up in the moment. VODs just aren't the same in that regard.

Edit: Made it sound not pretentious, which is not what I want...
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
February 10 2010 08:21 GMT
#605
On February 10 2010 15:47 BanZu wrote:
Livestreamers are either the most uptight, self-righteous bastards or the whimpiest, most self-conscious individuals I have ever come into contact with.

I believe I have identified an individual who is far more of an uptight, self-righteous bastard than the worst livestreamer. Can you guess who I'm thinking of?
But why?
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
February 10 2010 08:28 GMT
#606
Yeah Myst, I just had a PM conversation with Roffles where I basically go over the whole thing about it just being a few morons in the minority ruining it for the majority. Roffles apologized for his actions, but I definitely understood where he was coming from. I'll tell you the same thing I told him; a vast majority, more than you know, DO appreciate the live streaming you guys do.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
February 10 2010 08:34 GMT
#607
On February 10 2010 17:28 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Yeah Myst, I just had a PM conversation with Roffles where I basically go over the whole thing about it just being a few morons in the minority ruining it for the majority. Roffles apologized for his actions, but I definitely understood where he was coming from. I'll tell you the same thing I told him; a vast majority, more than you know, DO appreciate the live streaming you guys do.

We've always had our tempers flare, and sometimes to the point where we just give up. Somehow though, we always come back. We just tend to focus in on the negative and tune out the positive. Well anyway, it's time to sleep for me. Being dead tired for class is not fun.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 10 2010 08:43 GMT
#608
<3 streamers
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
February 10 2010 12:15 GMT
#609
I don't understand why people take stream chat so seriously.
When you are watching a game you shouldn't chat anyway...
Usually i only read and post in the chat when the game is boring or when i have to ask a specific question ( name of the players, score etc ... ).
Honestly i think that a bit of trolling is no big deal except if it is just pure spam.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
February 10 2010 12:53 GMT
#610
whenever i watch games on livestream, if i can't disable chat myself i usually bring another window on top of it. even having that idiocy in my peripheral vision is distracting when you're trying to enjoy pwnage
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
February 10 2010 16:19 GMT
#611
Ugh, those stream chats are so so so fucking bad 9/10 times. You guys should stick to closing the chat except for the translators. People that can understand Korean should just watch and listen and those that can't understand the commentators should just read the live translations.

Fuck BanZu and all the other little shits that complain about the most trivial things and not being thankful for the service to begin with.
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
February 10 2010 17:50 GMT
#612
I don't think there's ever going to be an easy solution, other than disabling chat... People who complain about streamers are suffering from a false sense on entitlement.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
February 10 2010 18:32 GMT
#613
On February 11 2010 02:50 meeple wrote:
People who complain about streamers are suffering from a false sense on entitlement.


This.

That's exactly what Waxangel, and even Roffles and myself were talking about. While the technology and availability of progaming content has improved exponentially, the "younger generation" of SC fans are downright spoiled little brats.

I've been meaning to make a "Back in my day..." old man blog rant, but seriously, rewind back 5-6 years. We were lucky to get live reports, much less VODs, and the concept of streaming video was unfathomable. Par for the course was reading the battle reports of a few people actually in Korea (such as Waxangel or Mensrea) a few days after the games were over. Every once in a great while (thanks to people like Wax recording it on his VCR) we would get VODs. The quality was so low, everything was a complete blur. But you know what? I would fire up my dial-up, and let the 40MB game download overnight, and I would absolutely cherish it.

People these days are so fucking spoiled, not just as far as Livestreaming goes, but everything. They EXPECT things. They feel ENTITLED to things. Things that people still do for free, on their own time, and sometimes with their own money. While I absolutely love how far everything has come, both in terms of the technology and the popularity of the sport, it does still elicit the nerd-rage when I see some damn kid whining because last night's games haven't been uploaded to youtube yet...

Bah. *shakes his cane*
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
February 10 2010 18:50 GMT
#614
On February 11 2010 03:32 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2010 02:50 meeple wrote:
People who complain about streamers are suffering from a false sense on entitlement.


This.

That's exactly what Waxangel, and even Roffles and myself were talking about. While the technology and availability of progaming content has improved exponentially, the "younger generation" of SC fans are downright spoiled little brats.

I've been meaning to make a "Back in my day..." old man blog rant, but seriously, rewind back 5-6 years. We were lucky to get live reports, much less VODs, and the concept of streaming video was unfathomable. Par for the course was reading the battle reports of a few people actually in Korea (such as Waxangel or Mensrea) a few days after the games were over. Every once in a great while (thanks to people like Wax recording it on his VCR) we would get VODs. The quality was so low, everything was a complete blur. But you know what? I would fire up my dial-up, and let the 40MB game download overnight, and I would absolutely cherish it.

People these days are so fucking spoiled, not just as far as Livestreaming goes, but everything. They EXPECT things. They feel ENTITLED to things. Things that people still do for free, on their own time, and sometimes with their own money. While I absolutely love how far everything has come, both in terms of the technology and the popularity of the sport, it does still elicit the nerd-rage when I see some damn kid whining because last night's games haven't been uploaded to youtube yet...

Bah. *shakes his cane*


lol... I wasn't active here then... but I read the battle reports ... basically the only way to follow the games. Even when there were streams, like the kind aers would provide... its not like there were streams for every game. like 80% of the time it was spamming f5 and getting excited when I saw CAPS.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 22:19:25
February 10 2010 22:17 GMT
#615
Is there no way for the streams to moderate who's using their streams?

Should clarify here, I mean if you (can) moderate the people who watch your streams then wouldn't all the whiner's complaints be null? Like bitch and whine all you want, but you sure as hell won't be using my stream anytime soon.
Get it by your hands...
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-10 22:29:33
February 10 2010 22:28 GMT
#616
Sometimes people make posts I don't like in my threads. I don't think I'll threaten to stop posting OPs because of it though.

The fact is if you make a good OP, the comments don't matter, and if you host a livestream, the chat doesn't matter either. We don't live in Utopia where people only speak when they have something interesting to say. The next best thing is to ignore them. The worst thing you can do is whine about them (because that's kind of like arguing with a 10 year old kid... don't even bother, it's a waste of time).

Take MDTs example and just be an untouchable God who makes awesome things.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
The_Australian
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Australia458 Posts
February 11 2010 13:39 GMT
#617
I just love seeing this
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
"Nothing should be unstoppable when you see it coming...." - Boxer
Is Tdot Here
Profile Joined February 2010
Afghanistan13 Posts
February 12 2010 00:37 GMT
#618
AWW CHILL, I thought we were cool yo!

I was just starting to get into the troll, and you ban me? Without seeing the replies????

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=112077

Come on man, you and I both know you would have laughed!
Is tdot in the house?
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
February 12 2010 00:42 GMT
#619
i laughed anyway lol

whats the highest post count you've gotten on an account without it getting banned? (aside from your initial one, assuming it had the highest)
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
February 12 2010 00:46 GMT
#620
Called it. :3
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 606
Larva 405
Leta 68
NaDa 46
TT1 18
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm240
League of Legends
JimRising 779
Other Games
summit1g10159
WinterStarcraft448
Mew2King104
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
BasetradeTV258
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2100
League of Legends
• Rush1205
• Lourlo886
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 35m
INu's Battles
7h 35m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 35m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 35m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 35m
Replay Cast
18h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.