• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:42
CEST 03:42
KST 10:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7223 users

"e-Sports SQUARE AKIHABARA" report by nemuke - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-21 16:27:56
February 21 2014 14:32 GMT
#61
On February 21 2014 19:49 samurai80 wrote:
O
M
G
Best news in 2014 so far !
I work less than 500m from there.
I wish I could go tonight but I'm stuck at work
But well if it's only 500m, I might as well have a walk lol.
I had no time to read all. Do you show the GSL ?

nemuke doesn't work there, he was just blogging about it to practice English.
They didn't host bar crafts when I was in Japan, but they have hosted before and have a perfect setup for it and want to host more bar crafts in the future.
They want to become a center for eSports in Japan.

They opened up either early 2013 or 2012, but mostly functioned as a regular cyber cafe, but also hosting a decent amount of Japanese tournaments/events.



That's what I could muster up and assume from my experiences and from the reading, and without actually doing research right now. Maybe nemuke will give you a better answer.
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-21 16:28:15
February 21 2014 14:36 GMT
#62
Double post
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
myRZeth
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1047 Posts
February 21 2014 14:57 GMT
#63
wow, looks really good!
Joner
Profile Joined June 2011
51 Posts
February 21 2014 16:49 GMT
#64
I've actually visited E-sports square in Ichikawa on a couple of occasions. This is quite the upgrade i must say as the place at ichikawa was just an internet café but it was special cause it had starcraft.
I'll be going to Japan for two weeks in April and I'll deifnitively give this place a visit! It's alot closer to Kikukawa where i'll be staying than Ichikawa ever was so that's great too!
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
February 22 2014 11:10 GMT
#65
On February 21 2014 23:32 Shinta) wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2014 19:49 samurai80 wrote:
O
M
G
Best news in 2014 so far !
I work less than 500m from there.
I wish I could go tonight but I'm stuck at work
But well if it's only 500m, I might as well have a walk lol.
I had no time to read all. Do you show the GSL ?

nemuke doesn't work there, he was just blogging about it to practice English.
They didn't host bar crafts when I was in Japan, but they have hosted before and have a perfect setup for it and want to host more bar crafts in the future.
They want to become a center for eSports in Japan.

They opened up either early 2013 or 2012, but mostly functioned as a regular cyber cafe, but also hosting a decent amount of Japanese tournaments/events.



That's what I could muster up and assume from my experiences and from the reading, and without actually doing research right now. Maybe nemuke will give you a better answer.

I actually often go in the area, I can't believe I missed this. I'm quite busy right now but I ll have a look asap.
Azurues
Profile Joined March 2011
Malaysia5612 Posts
February 22 2014 11:22 GMT
#66
Wow great looking place to catch some e-sports.

How i wish there is even one that has a place in my country that recognize e-sports.
nemuke
Profile Joined April 2011
31 Posts
March 03 2014 17:00 GMT
#67
Thank you guys for your interest

On February 22 2014 01:49 Joner wrote:
I've actually visited E-sports square in Ichikawa on a couple of occasions. This is quite the upgrade i must say as the place at ichikawa was just an internet café but it was special cause it had starcraft.
I'll be going to Japan for two weeks in April and I'll deifnitively give this place a visit! It's alot closer to Kikukawa where i'll be staying than Ichikawa ever was so that's great too!


That's great you will go to Japan in April, maybe there will be some events so we can meet at there
Omnishroud
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
1073 Posts
March 03 2014 21:18 GMT
#68
Do they let people live in there
Omni = Capped (RIP TL Account) - LoL EUW: Capped92 - EU Bnet: Capped#1137 - Steam: Capped92
OsaX Nymloth
Profile Joined March 2013
Poland3244 Posts
March 16 2014 02:34 GMT
#69
Was just checking news on some RSS and suddenly: Japan's first 'e-sports' facility scores big in Tokyo's Akihabara

Cool that this is getting some attention on "mainstream media".
Twitter: @osaxnymloth
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2572
Dota 2
monkeys_forever678
NeuroSwarm189
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe214
Other Games
summit1g8117
Day[9].tv676
JimRising 569
C9.Mang0377
PiGStarcraft118
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv676
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 18m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.