• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:37
CEST 22:37
KST 05:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9316 users

Gamescom 2011 Teamliquid-MeetUp - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
July 13 2011 01:25 GMT
#21
Depends, could be I have to work till 18:00 and then I have to get to gamescom and you know how traffic is at that time on A3...
It would be way better for me on Saturday so I could drive early in the morning and get to see a little gamescom , not only drive 3-4 hours ( to and backwards) "just" for the meeting (If there's no other option, I'd do it tho.)
This is our town, scrub
Xaoz
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany146 Posts
July 13 2011 01:26 GMT
#22
I ll come to the Gamescom and the Meet Up! Don t care about saturday or friday... Well... Btw... Why Friday OR Saturday? Any reason to not meet on both days?
Was pretty cool last year And the food was great.
Martijn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands1219 Posts
July 13 2011 01:33 GMT
#23
I'm likely going, +1.
http://www.glhf.tv fighting! Former WesternWolves & LowLandLions operations manager.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
July 13 2011 01:38 GMT
#24
On July 13 2011 10:26 Xaoz wrote:
I ll come to the Gamescom and the Meet Up! Don t care about saturday or friday... Well... Btw... Why Friday OR Saturday? Any reason to not meet on both days?
Was pretty cool last year And the food was great.


Because its quiet a bit of work to organize ;-)!
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Xaoz
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany146 Posts
July 13 2011 02:34 GMT
#25
On July 13 2011 10:38 mTw|NarutO wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 13 2011 10:26 Xaoz wrote:
I ll come to the Gamescom and the Meet Up! Don t care about saturday or friday... Well... Btw... Why Friday OR Saturday? Any reason to not meet on both days?
Was pretty cool last year And the food was great.


Because its quiet a bit of work to organize ;-)!


Do it! For the community! Maybe it s much, but in my opinion it s really worth it, because last year was great. I d still be happy with only one meeting Also it would mean two times "More Tekila" from WhiteRa!
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 13 2011 07:33 GMT
#26
I'll be there this time! Not missing out like last time because getting drunk with Koelner Maedche seems more attractive. For ESPORTS!
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
incifan
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany138 Posts
July 13 2011 07:59 GMT
#27
lol zatic.

i'll be there aswell
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
July 13 2011 08:19 GMT
#28
Definitely going. Saturday (plus maybe Sunday) though.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
mki
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Poland882 Posts
July 13 2011 08:20 GMT
#29
I'm probably attending GamesCom and if indeed I am I will go to this for sure!
Head of New Business at Team Kinguin :: https://www.teamkinguin.com
btlVega
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany53 Posts
July 13 2011 09:15 GMT
#30
Hi folks,

nobody here will know me, but I followed this community for about seven years know and I´ve been a competitive gamer since Quake1.
I never participated in any tournament or was very active within the community. But I´m very passionate about e-sports and willing to
give something back to the community that brought so much joy to my life in the past ... well almost my whole life since I own a PC.

My dream is to someday open up a place for the community to meet and watch sc2 tournaments or other e-sports events.
Something like the Manabar, if that means something to you, but more focused on e-sports and support for the community.
What I have in mind is a combination of a bar with puplic viewing experience and a shop for gamer hardware and gear.
Eventually there could be somekind of face to face support, like instructions on interface setup and maybe even live coaching.
Since Gamescom wil be here in Cologne every year now, this would also be a great place to have the TL-Meetups.
I´m currently in the phase of creating a business model and looking for investors and ways to fund all this. As some of you might know,
figures about customer potentials are a very important part of this. So I´d like to take this opportunity to do a little survey.

If this place would exist, how many of you would go there on a regular basis (this is mainly directed to people in the area)
and would the people attending the TL-Meetup prefer this over a local bar or restaurant?

As for the upcoming TL-Meetup: You guys probably have it all figured out, but if you need any help finding nice places to go to in cologne
or have any kind of questions about how to get where, I´m happy to help.

If anything above doesnt make sense, because english is my second language and I´m an idiot, feel free to ask.

So please give me some feedback on this.
cheers

Bitches know me, I'm Jos 'LiquidRet' de Kroon. I drink, smoke and don't exercize.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
July 13 2011 11:49 GMT
#31
On July 13 2011 18:15 btlVega wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +


Hi folks,

nobody here will know me, but I followed this community for about seven years know and I´ve been a competitive gamer since Quake1.
I never participated in any tournament or was very active within the community. But I´m very passionate about e-sports and willing to
give something back to the community that brought so much joy to my life in the past ... well almost my whole life since I own a PC.

My dream is to someday open up a place for the community to meet and watch sc2 tournaments or other e-sports events.
Something like the Manabar, if that means something to you, but more focused on e-sports and support for the community.
What I have in mind is a combination of a bar with puplic viewing experience and a shop for gamer hardware and gear.
Eventually there could be somekind of face to face support, like instructions on interface setup and maybe even live coaching.
Since Gamescom wil be here in Cologne every year now, this would also be a great place to have the TL-Meetups.
I´m currently in the phase of creating a business model and looking for investors and ways to fund all this. As some of you might know,
figures about customer potentials are a very important part of this. So I´d like to take this opportunity to do a little survey.

If this place would exist, how many of you would go there on a regular basis (this is mainly directed to people in the area)
and would the people attending the TL-Meetup prefer this over a local bar or restaurant?

As for the upcoming TL-Meetup: You guys probably have it all figured out, but if you need any help finding nice places to go to in cologne
or have any kind of questions about how to get where, I´m happy to help.

If anything above doesnt make sense, because english is my second language and I´m an idiot, feel free to ask.

So please give me some feedback on this.
cheers



Nothing is figured out yet and I definately need help or some people should organize this since I'm really busy with my work, but for the other part. Please open an own thread for this. If we would dicuss this in this thread as well, it will only get a huge mess.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Splunge
Profile Joined July 2008
Germany925 Posts
July 13 2011 12:19 GMT
#32
i think Saturday is/was the players party isnt it?
btlVega
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany53 Posts
July 13 2011 13:28 GMT
#33
On July 13 2011 20:49 mTw|NarutO wrote:

Nothing is figured out yet and I definately need help or some people should organize this since I'm really busy with my work, but for the other part. Please open an own thread for this. If we would dicuss this in this thread as well, it will only get a huge mess.


Sorry to crash your thread. I will open a new thread for my idea.

As mentioned I´m willing to look for possible locations and make reservations for you.
I´ll get back to you on that and see if I can provide you with some options over the next few days.
Bitches know me, I'm Jos 'LiquidRet' de Kroon. I drink, smoke and don't exercize.
BeWat3r
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany182 Posts
July 13 2011 14:09 GMT
#34
@ Naruto I can help you, tomorrow i finish my last exam and till then, I will have plenty of time
Writer and moderator for TaKeTV.net
altlenny
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany17 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 14:58:09
July 13 2011 14:57 GMT
#35
I'll attend gamescom at least one day, and I wouldn't mind coming to a TL-Meetup. Both Friday and Saturday are ok for me, but there are more important persons than some random German E-Sports fanboy anyway :D
BeWat3r
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany182 Posts
July 13 2011 21:58 GMT
#36
It will probably happen on friday because on saturday there is the esl players party and we dont want to colide with this event
Writer and moderator for TaKeTV.net
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
July 14 2011 06:06 GMT
#37
BeWat3r and I talked quiet a bit and we were thinking about doing it at the same place where we did it last year. At the mexican restaurant "Café Especial" which is not more than 10 minutes walking distance from the venue. Also we think it would be the best to do it on friday, since the ESL players party is saturday.

Also its probably the best to do it in the beginning of the evening since as for now the restaurant closes at 1AM. So I'm thinking 7:30PM meetup and head over to the restaurant at 8 or 8:30PM and then have a good time. The food is good and the drinks are as well - happy hour there is from 10:30PM to 11:30PM and I think cocktails etc are nearly half the price then.

Will keep you updated.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
BeWat3r
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany182 Posts
July 14 2011 20:23 GMT
#38
And all of you folks, that still want to party can go out and explore the nightlife of cologne ;-)
Writer and moderator for TaKeTV.net
Marth
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 23:21:38
July 14 2011 23:21 GMT
#39
Count me in. Not sure if I can join from the very beginning as I will attend as press and there is no information about the IEM and WCG schedule yet. But I doubt that everything will be over around 19:30 (yes I got a lot of experience on offline tournaments and their schedule management ).
www.last.fm/user/the_windwaker | http://trakt.tv/users/iammarth
rexob
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden202 Posts
July 14 2011 23:32 GMT
#40
damn, this sounds awesome. probably would have made a bigger effort to go to gamescon if i knew about this :D
it's a good day to die
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech144
UpATreeSC 141
JuggernautJason74
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 227
Dewaltoss 107
Hyuk 69
Bale 18
League of Legends
Doublelift1635
Counter-Strike
fl0m1223
Fnx 780
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4713
crisheroes1009
Khaldor978
Liquid`Hasu625
Other Games
summit1g7137
FrodaN2303
shahzam403
KnowMe377
XBOCT334
C9.Mang0188
ArmadaUGS130
ZombieGrub43
Trikslyr31
CosmosSc2 23
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream53
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2746
Other Games
• imaqtpie845
• Shiphtur291
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 23m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 23m
Online Event
14h 23m
FEL
19h 23m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.