• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:23
CEST 22:23
KST 05:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8207 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 152

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 322 Next
dizzy101
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2066 Posts
April 24 2011 07:02 GMT
#3021
TL needs a new lay-out. SERIOUSLY.

First of all, it looks old-fashioned. It's not snazzy.

Second of all, I'm on a high-resolution 4-3 monitor, but the forum (ignoring side-bars) takes up only the middle 50% of my screen. It's almost unreadable. You guys KNOW it's time for an update... (Not that I'll stop reading--but seriously, look at it. This can be improved.)
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-24 07:09:28
April 24 2011 07:07 GMT
#3022
On April 24 2011 16:02 dizzy101 wrote:
TL needs a new lay-out. SERIOUSLY.

First of all, it looks old-fashioned. It's not snazzy.

Second of all, I'm on a high-resolution 4-3 monitor, but the forum (ignoring side-bars) takes up only the middle 50% of my screen. It's almost unreadable. You guys KNOW it's time for an update... (Not that I'll stop reading--but seriously, look at it. This can be improved.)

If you mean adaptive width of the layout, then I agree. However, the minimalist design is highly effective, allowing me to get to what I want quite easily. On top of that, I really like the color scheme of blues. Overall, I prefer the simple layout of TL to the "snazzy" roundedrectanglebuttonstexthashugepaddinglightingeffectsallovertheplacegiganticintrusiveimages designs of other sites.
Translator:3
dizzy101
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2066 Posts
April 24 2011 07:16 GMT
#3023
I agree that that the TL lay-out is utilitarian. It's one of their strengths, they should keep it that way. But still, readability can be improved.
Atlare
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia893 Posts
April 24 2011 07:17 GMT
#3024
On April 24 2011 16:02 dizzy101 wrote:
TL needs a new lay-out. SERIOUSLY.

First of all, it looks old-fashioned. It's not snazzy.

Second of all, I'm on a high-resolution 4-3 monitor, but the forum (ignoring side-bars) takes up only the middle 50% of my screen. It's almost unreadable. You guys KNOW it's time for an update... (Not that I'll stop reading--but seriously, look at it. This can be improved.)

I love TL.net compared to what most forums I frequent look like:
Example 1
Example 2

Because I can read all of the headling forums at the same time from the homepage while checking out new stuff thats appeared on the website like streams, articles and Previews.
Also, the colour scheme is great on the eyes imo.
But I know what you mean, there is alot of white space on each of the sides which could have more there.
Considering learning BW
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
April 24 2011 07:26 GMT
#3025
I'll never understand why people maximize their browser window, especially on widescreen monitors.

On April 24 2011 05:51 infinitestory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2011 02:49 bITt.mAN wrote:

Fanatacist (for being too immature to get him, at the time)

this guy is fanatacist's best friend or something like that

+ Show Spoiler +

And often his worst enemy, I'd imagine.
Administrator
dizzy101
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2066 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-24 07:50:29
April 24 2011 07:49 GMT
#3026
I dunno about maximizing windows, but why is there--on both sides--all this white space next to the side-bars, next to the borders, standing in the way of me reading the content in the forums? Seriously, try out a 4-3 monitor for a change (I know I'm behind the curve with this old-fashioned monitor, but still.)

<3 TL
elmizzt
Profile Joined February 2010
United States3309 Posts
April 24 2011 08:35 GMT
#3027
On April 24 2011 16:02 dizzy101 wrote:
TL needs a new lay-out. SERIOUSLY.

First of all, it looks old-fashioned. It's not snazzy.

Second of all, I'm on a high-resolution 4-3 monitor, but the forum (ignoring side-bars) takes up only the middle 50% of my screen. It's almost unreadable. You guys KNOW it's time for an update... (Not that I'll stop reading--but seriously, look at it. This can be improved.)

I couldn't disagree more. TL is easily among the most beautiful and functional websites on the internet.
d=(^_^)z
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 24 2011 08:40 GMT
#3028
TL.Net should stay the same, just perhaps a bit more organization. Everything seems... a bit scattered, maybe it's just me.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Atlare
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia893 Posts
April 24 2011 08:45 GMT
#3029
On April 24 2011 17:40 Torte de Lini wrote:
TL.Net should stay the same, just perhaps a bit more organization. Everything seems... a bit scattered, maybe it's just me.

I love the sidebar style that it has but I find it weird that I almost never use the horizontal bar at the top :/
To be honest now we're just nickpicking this site has easily my favourite layout ever!
Considering learning BW
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
April 24 2011 08:56 GMT
#3030
No layout can be completely perfect I think but everything on TL is so organized and simple to navigate through. It gives off a good vibe of being professional which I believe was the intention to begin with.

I guess you could argue that there is a lot of white space where potential material could be put onto but personally I don't mind at all. I love everything the way it is now!
I <3 Plexa.
Atlare
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia893 Posts
April 24 2011 10:04 GMT
#3031
Do the TL admins often meet up IRL? At events and such? If so, could any of you tell us a funny story about one of these meetings?
Considering learning BW
Random()
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Kyrgyz Republic1462 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-24 11:03:36
April 24 2011 11:02 GMT
#3032
On April 24 2011 16:02 dizzy101 wrote:
Second of all, I'm on a high-resolution 4-3 monitor, but the forum (ignoring side-bars) takes up only the middle 50% of my screen. It's almost unreadable. You guys KNOW it's time for an update... (Not that I'll stop reading--but seriously, look at it. This can be improved.)


Ctrl+Mouse wheel solves the resolution issue. Other than that I also think the layout is perfect and that is actually one of the strengths of this site.
ThunderGod
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
New Zealand897 Posts
April 24 2011 11:30 GMT
#3033
Make the TL site like the TSL3 site. That site is the ebst website design I have seen in my lief!!
"Certain forms of popular music nowadays, namely rap and hip hop styles, are just irritating gangsters bragging about their illegal exploits and short-sighted lifestyles." - Shiverfish ~2009
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
April 24 2011 17:18 GMT
#3034
On April 24 2011 16:02 dizzy101 wrote:
TL needs a new lay-out. SERIOUSLY.

First of all, it looks old-fashioned. It's not snazzy.

Second of all, I'm on a high-resolution 4-3 monitor, but the forum (ignoring side-bars) takes up only the middle 50% of my screen. It's almost unreadable. You guys KNOW it's time for an update... (Not that I'll stop reading--but seriously, look at it. This can be improved.)


I disagree - i find it more staining to read longer lines of text. The current format is perfect.
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-24 17:21:06
April 24 2011 17:21 GMT
#3035
On April 24 2011 17:40 Torte de Lini wrote:
TL.Net should stay the same, just perhaps a bit more organization. Everything seems... a bit scattered, maybe it's just me.

Well you are a bit scattered.
Administrator
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 24 2011 17:25 GMT
#3036
On April 24 2011 19:04 Atlare wrote:
Do the TL admins often meet up IRL? At events and such? If so, could any of you tell us a funny story about one of these meetings?

I have a funny story about meeting HDstarcraft at MLG Raleigh. I was sitting in the van that takes you from the airport to the hotel and HD got in, and I was sitting right behind him. We had never met in real life but I had his phone number. He lost his hat or something and asked people in the van if they saw it. So I texted him "did you find your hat?" and watched him check his phone, then look super confused, then look around the van (everyone poker face) and yell out "Hot_Bid??"
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 24 2011 18:21 GMT
#3037
On April 25 2011 02:21 SonuvBob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2011 17:40 Torte de Lini wrote:
TL.Net should stay the same, just perhaps a bit more organization. Everything seems... a bit scattered, maybe it's just me.

Well you are a bit scattered.


I'm attentive at several aspects of the site in a simultaneous motion of partial understanding!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
April 24 2011 18:37 GMT
#3038
On April 24 2011 19:04 Atlare wrote:
Do the TL admins often meet up IRL? At events and such? If so, could any of you tell us a funny story about one of these meetings?

several of the admins (blue bar in name) live together or see each other daily. as for other staff, we have meetups all the time.
Moderatorsloppy little slug
Atlare
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia893 Posts
April 25 2011 03:33 GMT
#3039
On April 25 2011 02:25 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2011 19:04 Atlare wrote:
Do the TL admins often meet up IRL? At events and such? If so, could any of you tell us a funny story about one of these meetings?

I have a funny story about meeting HDstarcraft at MLG Raleigh. I was sitting in the van that takes you from the airport to the hotel and HD got in, and I was sitting right behind him. We had never met in real life but I had his phone number. He lost his hat or something and asked people in the van if they saw it. So I texted him "did you find your hat?" and watched him check his phone, then look super confused, then look around the van (everyone poker face) and yell out "Hot_Bid??"

Haha :D Thats awesome!

On April 25 2011 03:37 intrigue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2011 19:04 Atlare wrote:
Do the TL admins often meet up IRL? At events and such? If so, could any of you tell us a funny story about one of these meetings?

several of the admins (blue bar in name) live together or see each other daily. as for other staff, we have meetups all the time.

Thats awesome :D Who lives in the TL apartment with Hot_bid again or has it changed since it was announced?
Considering learning BW
DeLiriuMs
Profile Joined December 2010
Bulgaria40 Posts
April 25 2011 18:25 GMT
#3040
Hey,

How to start a thread in the "user streams" forum
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 159
ProTech145
JuggernautJason64
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 192
Dewaltoss 114
Hyuk 71
Bale 17
Dota 2
Gorgc10182
League of Legends
Doublelift1021
Counter-Strike
fl0m1591
Fnx 758
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4465
Khaldor1031
crisheroes1013
Liquid`Hasu569
Other Games
summit1g6805
FrodaN2313
shahzam424
KnowMe341
XBOCT294
C9.Mang0205
ArmadaUGS152
ZombieGrub30
Trikslyr26
CosmosSc2 22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV273
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH355
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie992
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 37m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 37m
Online Event
14h 37m
FEL
19h 37m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 37m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.