• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9280 users

Watching GomTV with VLC on Linux/Mac - Page 3

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Trollment
Profile Joined August 2010
53 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-19 12:29:34
October 19 2010 12:29 GMT
#41
http://211.43.144.199:8800/view.cgi?hid=1&cid=22&nid=800&uno=12212100&uip=90.190.68.42&title=SonyEricssonSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason2&key=9f7f95d5a402e94a80ad
Trollment
Profile Joined August 2010
53 Posts
October 19 2010 12:38 GMT
#42
http://211.43.144.184:8800/view.cgi?hid=1&cid=22&nid=800&uno=12212100&uip=90.190.68.42&title=SonyEricssonSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason2&key=d363fc9d4d85b5dbd21becec2ac132cd&Format=OGM&SecSize=45056&FixedHeader=TRUE&PosInData=TRUE"

This link finally worked so others struggling you need to add all that Fixed header thing to end....
Aim Here
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Scotland672 Posts
October 19 2010 12:42 GMT
#43
Umm, guys, unless I'm mistaken, isn't the '&key=<whatever>' field in the URL just your GOMTV private key that is attached to your GOMTV.net account? I'm under the impression that if you've paid for the premium stream, that's the key that allows you to watch the HD stream live, so if GOM's net watchdogs are monitoring their site, they might discover too many people watching paid streams off the same account and take action to stop it, so posting these URLs is iffy.

What we need is a method to extract that URL from your own account, like an update to the script in the OP.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
October 19 2010 14:18 GMT
#44
On September 21 2010 01:46 Yurebis wrote:
Good effort but I think people that are smart enough to type into the console can just get the url instead.

[image loading]


It's a common practice to automate things.
And running a script once is FAR easier than nabbing the URL for the VLC stream for every video.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Bumblebees
Profile Joined August 2010
United States328 Posts
October 20 2010 00:29 GMT
#45
On October 19 2010 21:42 Aim Here wrote:
Umm, guys, unless I'm mistaken, isn't the '&key=<whatever>' field in the URL just your GOMTV private key that is attached to your GOMTV.net account? I'm under the impression that if you've paid for the premium stream, that's the key that allows you to watch the HD stream live, so if GOM's net watchdogs are monitoring their site, they might discover too many people watching paid streams off the same account and take action to stop it, so posting these URLs is iffy.

What we need is a method to extract that URL from your own account, like an update to the script in the OP.


They log IPs (as/and the IP is actually in the stream link people have been giving out).

I'm sure they can notice quite easily if a stream is being simultaneously accessed from multiple sites at once.
shmay
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States1091 Posts
October 20 2010 06:50 GMT
#46
On October 18 2010 21:34 KraXRipper wrote:
Hey, it looks like a cool way to do it, but I can't get it to work on a mac - it says it needs a gconf module, and I can't find a way to install that (and I don't think it would work on a mac). So I guess I'd like a URL handler on Mac


same error. tried to install gconf via macports but that died. would the url copy/paste thing only work for those with a paid account? god flash frickin ruins my mac.
DJ_Amal
Profile Joined October 2010
New Zealand62 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 09:52:50
October 20 2010 08:01 GMT
#47
On October 20 2010 15:50 shmay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2010 21:34 KraXRipper wrote:
Hey, it looks like a cool way to do it, but I can't get it to work on a mac - it says it needs a gconf module, and I can't find a way to install that (and I don't think it would work on a mac). So I guess I'd like a URL handler on Mac


same error. tried to install gconf via macports but that died. would the url copy/paste thing only work for those with a paid account? god flash frickin ruins my mac.

I'm on a mac and it works fine for me. What you do is after you find this

LiveAddr=http%3a//211.43.144.194%3A8800%2Fview.cgi%3Fhid%3D1%26cid%3D22%26nid%3D800%26uno%3D1947000%26uip%3D124.197.22.13%26title%3DSonyEricssonSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason2%26key%3D5a8ecae105ace131846a3844e53beb2d&amp;Format=OGM&amp

Take everything after LiveAddr= and before &amp;Format=OGM&amp. Take this and put it on this website http://www.linkedresources.com/tools/unescaper_v0.2b1.html and click unscape and it will give you

http://211.43.144.194:8800/view.cgi?hid=1&cid=22&nid=800&uno=1947000&uip=124.197.22.13&title=SonyEricssonSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason2&key=5a8ecae105ace131846a3844e53beb2d

Copy that and put it into VLC. If that doesn't work I recommend installing GOM Player through 'Crossover' or 'Darwine'

Edit Note: I'm not a computer scientist or some sort of computer genius (I am actually a building scientist). I just thought of sharing my process of how I got the link to work on VLC and Mac. So please forgive me if my post is ignorant or irrelevant to the thread
volen
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany28 Posts
October 20 2010 11:01 GMT
#48
On October 20 2010 17:01 DJ_Amal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2010 15:50 shmay wrote:
On October 18 2010 21:34 KraXRipper wrote:
Hey, it looks like a cool way to do it, but I can't get it to work on a mac - it says it needs a gconf module, and I can't find a way to install that (and I don't think it would work on a mac). So I guess I'd like a URL handler on Mac


same error. tried to install gconf via macports but that died. would the url copy/paste thing only work for those with a paid account? god flash frickin ruins my mac.

I'm on a mac and it works fine for me. What you do is after you find this

LiveAddr=http%3a//211.43.144.194%3A8800%2Fview.cgi%3Fhid%3D1%26cid%3D22%26nid%3D800%26uno%3D1947000%26uip%3D124.197.22.13%26title%3DSonyEricssonSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason2%26key%3D5a8ecae105ace131846a3844e53beb2d&amp;Format=OGM&amp

Take everything after LiveAddr= and before &amp;Format=OGM&amp. Take this and put it on this website http://www.linkedresources.com/tools/unescaper_v0.2b1.html and click unscape and it will give you

http://211.43.144.194:8800/view.cgi?hid=1&cid=22&nid=800&uno=1947000&uip=124.197.22.13&title=SonyEricssonSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason2&key=5a8ecae105ace131846a3844e53beb2d

Copy that and put it into VLC. If that doesn't work I recommend installing GOM Player through 'Crossover' or 'Darwine'

Edit Note: I'm not a computer scientist or some sort of computer genius (I am actually a building scientist). I just thought of sharing my process of how I got the link to work on VLC and Mac. So please forgive me if my post is ignorant or irrelevant to the thread



This is the only one that worked for me...Thanks DJ_Amal you saved my ass
Whiteman103
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1070 Posts
October 21 2010 03:59 GMT
#49
On October 20 2010 20:01 volen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2010 17:01 DJ_Amal wrote:
On October 20 2010 15:50 shmay wrote:
On October 18 2010 21:34 KraXRipper wrote:
Hey, it looks like a cool way to do it, but I can't get it to work on a mac - it says it needs a gconf module, and I can't find a way to install that (and I don't think it would work on a mac). So I guess I'd like a URL handler on Mac


same error. tried to install gconf via macports but that died. would the url copy/paste thing only work for those with a paid account? god flash frickin ruins my mac.

I'm on a mac and it works fine for me. What you do is after you find this

LiveAddr=http%3a//211.43.144.194%3A8800%2Fview.cgi%3Fhid%3D1%26cid%3D22%26nid%3D800%26uno%3D1947000%26uip%3D124.197.22.13%26title%3DSonyEricssonSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason2%26key%3D5a8ecae105ace131846a3844e53beb2d&amp;Format=OGM&amp

Take everything after LiveAddr= and before &amp;Format=OGM&amp. Take this and put it on this website http://www.linkedresources.com/tools/unescaper_v0.2b1.html and click unscape and it will give you

http://211.43.144.194:8800/view.cgi?hid=1&cid=22&nid=800&uno=1947000&uip=124.197.22.13&title=SonyEricssonSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason2&key=5a8ecae105ace131846a3844e53beb2d

Copy that and put it into VLC. If that doesn't work I recommend installing GOM Player through 'Crossover' or 'Darwine'

Edit Note: I'm not a computer scientist or some sort of computer genius (I am actually a building scientist). I just thought of sharing my process of how I got the link to work on VLC and Mac. So please forgive me if my post is ignorant or irrelevant to the thread



This is the only one that worked for me...Thanks DJ_Amal you saved my ass


THANK YOU FOR THIS as this is the only way it works for me too.
Matkap
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Spain627 Posts
October 21 2010 10:24 GMT
#50
this worked for me, but the quality is quite bad, even though I used the HQ link, anyway to get HQ with this method? (do have season ticket)
A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.
RedTerror
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
New Zealand742 Posts
October 21 2010 11:47 GMT
#51
Holy crap that was hard to do, I thought it was hard during season 1 ....

Thanks guys for this info
shmay
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States1091 Posts
October 22 2010 05:09 GMT
#52
is there a way to do this for livestream.com ?
Jynks
Profile Joined August 2010
38 Posts
November 04 2010 15:08 GMT
#53
This seamed to work... as opening GomTV now opens VLC.. but it still doesn't play... just VLC sits there nothing happening.... anyidea?
leandroqm
Profile Joined June 2008
Netherlands874 Posts
November 11 2010 09:41 GMT
#54
Same here as Jynks described.
What are you tinkering about?
Born)Slippy
Profile Joined October 2002
Norway1904 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-11 11:10:07
November 11 2010 10:50 GMT
#55
I got the encoded link from source, decoded it and it works perfectly. Note to all is that I assume you must be logged into your GomTV account from whichever browser you get the source URL from.

Thanks everyone in this thread!

Edit: I'm on a Mac and did it essentially as described a few posts above.
ecdN
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States94 Posts
November 11 2010 11:13 GMT
#56
On November 11 2010 18:41 leandroqm wrote:
Same here as Jynks described.

Refer to the posts right above his.
Born)Slippy
Profile Joined October 2002
Norway1904 Posts
November 13 2010 09:12 GMT
#57
Bump due to the finals, and to add another piece of information. I used Chrome to view the source code, and didn't have to decode the link, then. Apparently Chrome does it for you.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
November 13 2010 09:17 GMT
#58
oh man it doesn't work
so annoying
SkyTheUnknown
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Germany2065 Posts
November 13 2010 09:47 GMT
#59
even on windows gomtv player tells me the link is broken.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown - H.P. Lovecraft
RawK
Profile Joined April 2010
United States125 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-13 10:08:28
November 13 2010 10:03 GMT
#60
Looks like i'll just have to view the VoDs later. Oh well. And I stayed up till 4am to watch it too =(

Edit: Haha as soon as I said that i get it to work. I forgot i needed to put in the HTTP section. Hey. It's 5 am, give me a break.
Hail to the Thief. RawK > http://bit.ly/b3gS25
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O70
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason173
BRAT_OK 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15596
Artosis 727
Mini 245
Dewaltoss 123
Mind 75
ZZZero.O 70
Hyun 39
NaDa 24
Bale 23
Dota 2
qojqva2720
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1491
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6422
Khaldor1281
Liquid`Hasu1022
MindelVK16
Other Games
summit1g5979
FrodaN2404
B2W.Neo811
byalli689
ToD190
Railgan45
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1237
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 34
• StrangeGG 33
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• FirePhoenix7
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie942
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 17m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.