• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:13
CEST 05:13
KST 12:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7765 users

[Interview] Serral - 10 years of SC2 (& some BW) - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
52 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
tigon_ridge
Profile Joined March 2019
482 Posts
August 06 2020 00:11 GMT
#21
I'm sick of Serral getting all the attention.

Please interview his parents, next. And maybe his brother. <3
argonautdice
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada2722 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-06 00:21:28
August 06 2020 00:20 GMT
#22
LOL and I like how the emotional (sweating?) Serral is the pic they use for his Liquipedia profile
(Wiki)Serral

Edit: also why does the WCS trophy has the terran insignia on it even though zerg won???
very illegal and very uncool
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
August 06 2020 00:29 GMT
#23
On August 06 2020 09:20 argonautdice wrote:
LOL and I like how the emotional (sweating?) Serral is the pic they use for his Liquipedia profile
(Wiki)Serral

Edit: also why does the WCS trophy has the terran insignia on it even though zerg won???


It's got all three insignias on it--one on each pillar. Terran gets the central pillar as the most deserving race ofc.
Rubicant1
Profile Joined October 2019
115 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-06 01:24:35
August 06 2020 01:23 GMT
#24
I've gotta say, regardless of all the emotion he inspires about his place in sc2 history, guy seems like a dryly hilarious and super good dude. His stream with Reynor awhile back was some of the funniest and most wholesome stuff ever. Thanks for the interview, Wax (he's got you on the selfie thing, though)!
fastr
Profile Joined February 2011
France902 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-06 01:57:21
August 06 2020 01:55 GMT
#25
It can be a moment as well, if selfie can be just a photo where you're in.


What a sick burn hahaha, basically saying "Well if you're making up words now Wax, so can I".

I'm afraid I also agree with Serral on both counts. A picture taken by someone else where you also appear is not a selfie, that's preposterous. And for banger, while often used to describe a song, it can also be used in other contexts, for instance in soccer,British English uses it to describe a hard/long shot ending up in a goal. Now for Bomber, I think Serral got confused...

Nice interview as always.
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
August 06 2020 02:17 GMT
#26
hahahaha great interview. thanks Wax!
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5542 Posts
August 06 2020 07:28 GMT
#27
One of if not the best Serral interviews I've ever read. His answers just seemed so much more personal and well thought out than we normally receive. Thank you.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
muhtshim2
Profile Joined August 2020
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-06 07:51:14
August 06 2020 07:45 GMT
#28
--- Nuked ---
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
August 06 2020 07:45 GMT
#29
On August 06 2020 08:46 swarminfestor wrote:
I didn't know that Finnish also has to do the military service.


Well they have a border to Russia.
Edpayasugo
Profile Joined April 2013
United Kingdom2223 Posts
August 06 2020 07:47 GMT
#30
Thanks
FlaSh MMA INnoVation FanTaSy MKP TY Ryung | soO Dark Rogue | HuK PartinG Stork State
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7415 Posts
August 06 2020 08:06 GMT
#31
On August 06 2020 16:45 MockHamill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2020 08:46 swarminfestor wrote:
I didn't know that Finnish also has to do the military service.


Well they have a border to Russia.


I just read up on that. Somewhere between 18th and 28th birthday for a minimum of 6 months but normal are 12 months

This mean we have five and a half years more of Serral :D
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
TheOneAboveU
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany3367 Posts
August 06 2020 08:17 GMT
#32
Well, Dark's a free soul. He does WHATEVER he wants. He doesn't repeat the same moves.


Big! Dark! Energy!
Moderatoralias TripleM | @TL_TripleM | Big Dark Energy!
vyzion
Profile Joined August 2016
308 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-06 08:21:20
August 06 2020 08:21 GMT
#33
On August 06 2020 17:17 TheOneAboveU wrote:
Show nested quote +
Well, Dark's a free soul. He does WHATEVER he wants. He doesn't repeat the same moves.


Big! Dark! Energy!


Pete Davidson ain't got nothin' on Dark.

I don't know if anyone is going to get this reference..

and also, thanks for the sweet interview Wax! All hail Lord Serral!!
Gina
Profile Joined July 2019
241 Posts
August 06 2020 08:35 GMT
#34
Serral always seems rather a fan of Dark, I don't think I saw any interview of his where Dark didn't get some praise.
Omit needles swords.
pichoo
Profile Joined May 2014
Australia123 Posts
August 06 2020 08:55 GMT
#35
I don't follow the European scene much back then, but somehow watched the games Serral vs Naniwa at that time. After the game, I thought Serral's control reminded me of Life, and thought he could be the best zerg one day.
Lambertus
Profile Joined February 2010
South Africa994 Posts
August 06 2020 09:37 GMT
#36
Haha as somebody you did some interviews in different contexts this one was fun, but poor Wax, Serral is a challenge to interview ;-D
The only known Reverend on TL playing SC2 and BW (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409226)
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7415 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-06 11:05:45
August 06 2020 11:05 GMT
#37
Serral is just an absolute boomer no eh banger errr i mean bomber uhhh no baller! I mean baller!
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
August 06 2020 11:08 GMT
#38
Poor DRG, it gets confirmed like 3 times, that he wasn t Serrals favorite Player in WoL.
MaxPax
Rob-Zero
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany460 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-06 11:15:11
August 06 2020 11:14 GMT
#39
On August 06 2020 07:48 ytherik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2020 07:00 [Phantom] wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
This is great for me cause I was just asking about him in another thread.

For me it was a very big shock to come back to the game and see that a foreigner had won the WCS. That was unheard of. So I was pretty skeptical. WCS has always favored foreigners (except that one time when Koreans could play in NA and EU), so I thought maybe it was a fluke or a balance patch or something. Just today I was asking some questions and researched a little more and it seems it definitely isn't a fluke, which is really impressive. Obviously there is a lot of other factors like the whole Korean scene imploding, but still very strong players still remain and they respect him.


I was surprised to read in this interview about his "emotional" response to BlizzCon 2018 because the VOD of the final was one of the first pieces of exposure I had of him after coming back, and found his lack of reaction shocking. Like you won the biggest tournament for sc2 and you just stand there and no reaction? made me if he had some sort of condition, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
+ Show Spoiler +

In any case, I've gone from shock and total disbelief into intrigue. I wonder if we will see more foreigners start to dominate. And I wonder if this will be a phenomena exclusive of sc2, or if this will happens to other games, as esports become more accepted on this side of the globe. It seems like a natural progression, but maybe it came sooner than expected
.

Lack of reaction? He was crying tears of joy dude. If this is not emotional then I don't know what is. Just look at this picture:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I think the only other more emotional moment in SC2 history was soO winning IEM Katowice. That's when I shed a tear too :D


duckdeok winning WCS EU was very emotional too. Before, he was just a faceless korean for me, but after that i really cared for him. When I think about it, maybe that´s my problem though XD
Dark Age of Camelot - I miss you
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3552 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-06 14:45:46
August 06 2020 13:01 GMT
#40
On August 06 2020 20:14 Rob-Zero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2020 07:48 ytherik wrote:
On August 06 2020 07:00 [Phantom] wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
This is great for me cause I was just asking about him in another thread.

For me it was a very big shock to come back to the game and see that a foreigner had won the WCS. That was unheard of. So I was pretty skeptical. WCS has always favored foreigners (except that one time when Koreans could play in NA and EU), so I thought maybe it was a fluke or a balance patch or something. Just today I was asking some questions and researched a little more and it seems it definitely isn't a fluke, which is really impressive. Obviously there is a lot of other factors like the whole Korean scene imploding, but still very strong players still remain and they respect him.


I was surprised to read in this interview about his "emotional" response to BlizzCon 2018 because the VOD of the final was one of the first pieces of exposure I had of him after coming back, and found his lack of reaction shocking. Like you won the biggest tournament for sc2 and you just stand there and no reaction? made me if he had some sort of condition, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
+ Show Spoiler +

In any case, I've gone from shock and total disbelief into intrigue. I wonder if we will see more foreigners start to dominate. And I wonder if this will be a phenomena exclusive of sc2, or if this will happens to other games, as esports become more accepted on this side of the globe. It seems like a natural progression, but maybe it came sooner than expected
.

Lack of reaction? He was crying tears of joy dude. If this is not emotional then I don't know what is. Just look at this picture:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I think the only other more emotional moment in SC2 history was soO winning IEM Katowice. That's when I shed a tear too :D


duckdeok winning WCS EU was very emotional too. Before, he was just a faceless korean for me, but after that i really cared for him. When I think about it, maybe that´s my problem though XD

Also ForGG ECH!! moment.
And I guess Grubby, but was after a loss.
And this Golden win, was pretty scary to watch at the time. www.youtube.com

Edit: some more:
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 216
Nina 120
SpeCial 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14364
Rain 2070
Dewaltoss 56
NaDa 36
Bale 28
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Counter-Strike
taco 683
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1573
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1596
WinterStarcraft633
Other Games
summit1g8725
Doublelift2853
JimRising 662
PiGStarcraft330
ArmadaUGS213
C9.Mang0175
Maynarde150
ViBE103
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick873
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• practicex 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki204
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo671
• Stunt117
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 47m
OSC
9h 47m
Stellar Fest
9h 47m
OSC
20h 47m
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.