• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:40
CEST 06:40
KST 13:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8271 users

Code S RO16 Preview: Dark, TaeJa, Scarlett, Dear - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
30 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
darklycid
Profile Joined May 2014
3562 Posts
May 05 2020 17:34 GMT
#21
On May 06 2020 02:18 Zrana1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2020 22:34 darklycid wrote:
On May 05 2020 22:23 MinixTheNerd wrote:
I could see this go Dark & Scarlett actually, I hope she prepares a few special tricks for Dear in the final round though. NoRegret we're counting on you lol.

I mean i could see scarlett getting out depending on what Dear shows up, but i rather not see her advance as i think the games she brought so far were rather boring.


Whaaat? The games against rogue were super fun, and the series against inno had some really exciting moments. I think there is a decent chance she can take down Dear and Taeja.

Also I thought Hurricane was looking really good in his games and Taeja won eventually, so I think he has a shot vs Dear.

In what world were the games vs rogue fun except if youre a scarlett fan and she won 0.o It was 2 build order wins (more or less) and rogue looked like he didn't prepare for her at all, vs inno i don't remember any exciting moments he kinda just rolled her.
Wogrim
Profile Joined August 2019
14 Posts
May 05 2020 17:51 GMT
#22
I'm blind or it's not in the Upcoming Events panel?
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
May 05 2020 18:37 GMT
#23
On May 06 2020 02:51 Wogrim wrote:
I'm blind or it's not in the Upcoming Events panel?


You're not blind.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
Htime
Profile Joined March 2019
58 Posts
May 05 2020 19:11 GMT
#24
Dear is really lucky to avoid PvP, while Taeja is unlucky to have Dear in the group. If Dark had swapped for Bunny instead of Dear, Taeja might have had a decent chance to advance.

In GSL 2019 season 1 (only a year ago but feels like a decade) Dear advanced 4-0 in first place, from a difficult Group B that included Cure and herO, ahead of Dark (4-3), beating him 2-0 in the winner's match. Dark must have wanted revenge with that choice, but I think Dear is good enough to punish Dark for that hubris if they meet again.

Scarlett and Dear were on the same team for awhile and are very familiar with each other, I would guess Dear is favored slightly, but close to a coin flip. Scarlett might even have a better chance against Dark than Dear based on ZvZ volatility and the zerg cheese options.
starkiller123
Profile Joined January 2016
United States4030 Posts
May 05 2020 19:20 GMT
#25
I think it will be Dark and Dear advancing out of this group
Howard_Kao
Profile Joined September 2018
China261 Posts
May 05 2020 19:48 GMT
#26
I think Scarlett's advancing really depends on her performance and the build she prepares, if she got a really good day and very well prepared builds, she definitely could win this one.
Dear's PvP performance is a bit of now, so lucky for him.
Taeja might have a chance by study Inno vs Dark matches, but i don't think there are much things to learn out of it
"You don't need a gsl champion, you don't need a esl champion. I feel like I'm just a normal man. I just practice very hard this time, like 15hrs everyday" Oliveira 2023
Drfilip
Profile Joined March 2013
Sweden592 Posts
May 05 2020 21:13 GMT
#27
On May 06 2020 02:34 darklycid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2020 02:18 Zrana1 wrote:
On May 05 2020 22:34 darklycid wrote:
On May 05 2020 22:23 MinixTheNerd wrote:
I could see this go Dark & Scarlett actually, I hope she prepares a few special tricks for Dear in the final round though. NoRegret we're counting on you lol.

I mean i could see scarlett getting out depending on what Dear shows up, but i rather not see her advance as i think the games she brought so far were rather boring.


Whaaat? The games against rogue were super fun, and the series against inno had some really exciting moments. I think there is a decent chance she can take down Dear and Taeja.

Also I thought Hurricane was looking really good in his games and Taeja won eventually, so I think he has a shot vs Dear.

In what world were the games vs rogue fun except if youre a scarlett fan and she won 0.o It was 2 build order wins (more or less) and rogue looked like he didn't prepare for her at all, vs inno i don't remember any exciting moments he kinda just rolled her.

I am not a Scarlett fan. I enjoyed those games a lot.

Having variety is good in any entertainment. You have the standard great games of macroing whil juking and positioning, but without the variety it becomes stale.

Another great thing in entertainment is not being predictable. I expected Rogue to defend well and win both those games. I saw his struggle and hoped that he would win. Then he lost. Twice. His losses made the games even better.
Random Platinum EU
argonautdice
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada2722 Posts
May 05 2020 21:26 GMT
#28
On May 06 2020 06:13 Drfilip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2020 02:34 darklycid wrote:
On May 06 2020 02:18 Zrana1 wrote:
On May 05 2020 22:34 darklycid wrote:
On May 05 2020 22:23 MinixTheNerd wrote:
I could see this go Dark & Scarlett actually, I hope she prepares a few special tricks for Dear in the final round though. NoRegret we're counting on you lol.

I mean i could see scarlett getting out depending on what Dear shows up, but i rather not see her advance as i think the games she brought so far were rather boring.


Whaaat? The games against rogue were super fun, and the series against inno had some really exciting moments. I think there is a decent chance she can take down Dear and Taeja.

Also I thought Hurricane was looking really good in his games and Taeja won eventually, so I think he has a shot vs Dear.

In what world were the games vs rogue fun except if youre a scarlett fan and she won 0.o It was 2 build order wins (more or less) and rogue looked like he didn't prepare for her at all, vs inno i don't remember any exciting moments he kinda just rolled her.

I am not a Scarlett fan. I enjoyed those games a lot.

Having variety is good in any entertainment. You have the standard great games of macroing whil juking and positioning, but without the variety it becomes stale.

Another great thing in entertainment is not being predictable. I expected Rogue to defend well and win both those games. I saw his struggle and hoped that he would win. Then he lost. Twice. His losses made the games even better.



And this In Depth made me appreciate her GSL strats a ton more. Those two games against Rogue weren't just cheesing Rogue and hoping they would work. They were super calculated, analyzed, and practiced.
very illegal and very uncool
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
May 05 2020 23:03 GMT
#29
On May 06 2020 02:34 darklycid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2020 02:18 Zrana1 wrote:
On May 05 2020 22:34 darklycid wrote:
On May 05 2020 22:23 MinixTheNerd wrote:
I could see this go Dark & Scarlett actually, I hope she prepares a few special tricks for Dear in the final round though. NoRegret we're counting on you lol.

I mean i could see scarlett getting out depending on what Dear shows up, but i rather not see her advance as i think the games she brought so far were rather boring.


Whaaat? The games against rogue were super fun, and the series against inno had some really exciting moments. I think there is a decent chance she can take down Dear and Taeja.

Also I thought Hurricane was looking really good in his games and Taeja won eventually, so I think he has a shot vs Dear.

In what world were the games vs rogue fun except if youre a scarlett fan and she won 0.o It was 2 build order wins (more or less) and rogue looked like he didn't prepare for her at all, vs inno i don't remember any exciting moments he kinda just rolled her.

in what world you don't veto that 2nd map in ZvZ? If nothing else Scarlett just showed everyone who didn't, for w/e reason, know, why veto and if you don't veto what lies ahead.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Htime
Profile Joined March 2019
58 Posts
May 06 2020 09:03 GMT
#30
@argonautdice thanks for linking that InDepth episode, it was really interesting to see the analysis of Scarlett's matches from her viewpoint. I did not realize how close that spine rush game was with so many mistakes after getting so far ahead.
zerafer
Profile Joined August 2012
Brazil4 Posts
May 06 2020 16:59 GMT
#31
Prediction with 100% accuracy !!
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 248
NeuroSwarm 199
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21043
Dewaltoss 143
Bale 51
Noble 5
Icarus 4
League of Legends
JimRising 834
Other Games
summit1g12668
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 16
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2109
League of Legends
• Lourlo1114
• Rush565
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 20m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 20m
Replay Cast
18h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.