• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:57
CEST 16:57
KST 23:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9242 users

BasetradeTV Kickstarter now offers ingame Portrait - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
June 17 2015 20:44 GMT
#21
it's great but at the same time it makes me mad how late it is... fucking hell blizzard
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
June 17 2015 21:56 GMT
#22
The sad thing is that they only accept credit card, I can't get the portrait and support the event. Lots of Germans will miss out. Indiegogo next time please!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 14:45:12
June 18 2015 12:37 GMT
#23
Since this is the first time you can pay money and get an ingame reward for sc2 (Edit: or rather the first time for supporting a tournament), I think this is huge and should be community news. So I'm bumping this.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
June 18 2015 12:45 GMT
#24
Wow, this is big news. And judging from the replies in this thread, it works wonders! :o
+ Show Spoiler +
wtb
[image loading]
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
June 18 2015 13:41 GMT
#25
On June 18 2015 21:37 Musicus wrote:
Since this is the first time you can pay money and get an ingame reward for sc2, I think this is huge and should be community news. So I'm bumping this.

But this isnt first time.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
June 18 2015 14:20 GMT
#26
MOOSE MARINE!!!
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 14:32:55
June 18 2015 14:22 GMT
#27
On June 18 2015 22:41 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 21:37 Musicus wrote:
Since this is the first time you can pay money and get an ingame reward for sc2, I think this is huge and should be community news. So I'm bumping this.

But this isnt first time.


Really, can you elaborate? When was this done before (apart from collector's edition or buying other blizzard games)? Certainly the first time for supporting a tournament though right?

I mean the communtiy has been begging for something like this since the compendium in Dota. Imagine if you'd get a GSL portrait for subbing to them, they could do a new one every season, or if they boost the BlizzCon prize money with something like this. The implications are huge. I don't think we'll get skins any time soon, but it's a great first step.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
caznitch
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada645 Posts
June 18 2015 14:44 GMT
#28
Does anyone know how to gift the portrait to someone else? I don't play sc2 so would like to give the thing to whoever wants it here. Can't figure it out in Kickstarter.
why?
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
June 18 2015 14:46 GMT
#29
On June 18 2015 23:44 caznitch wrote:
Does anyone know how to gift the portrait to someone else? I don't play sc2 so would like to give the thing to whoever wants it here. Can't figure it out in Kickstarter.


Hm they will send you a code you can redeem to your email, so you could just give the code to your friend I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/3a6wsd/basetradetv_live_event_kickstarter_now_offering/
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
June 18 2015 14:48 GMT
#30
I wanted a picture of ZG and Rifkin, aww
caznitch
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada645 Posts
June 18 2015 14:51 GMT
#31
On June 18 2015 23:46 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 23:44 caznitch wrote:
Does anyone know how to gift the portrait to someone else? I don't play sc2 so would like to give the thing to whoever wants it here. Can't figure it out in Kickstarter.


Hm they will send you a code you can redeem to your email, so you could just give the code to your friend I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/3a6wsd/basetradetv_live_event_kickstarter_now_offering/


Well I pledged and it said I'll be charged on June 28. If it is easily transferred via email I'll send it to whoever wants it when I get it.
why?
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
June 18 2015 14:58 GMT
#32
Well that's cool, although I think I'll stick with my current portrait.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
June 18 2015 15:03 GMT
#33
On June 18 2015 23:51 caznitch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 23:46 Musicus wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:44 caznitch wrote:
Does anyone know how to gift the portrait to someone else? I don't play sc2 so would like to give the thing to whoever wants it here. Can't figure it out in Kickstarter.


Hm they will send you a code you can redeem to your email, so you could just give the code to your friend I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/3a6wsd/basetradetv_live_event_kickstarter_now_offering/


Well I pledged and it said I'll be charged on June 28. If it is easily transferred via email I'll send it to whoever wants it when I get it.


I might take you up on that offer if it works, since like most Germans I don't have a credit card and can't pledge. I could send you 5 bucks via paypal .
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 15:44:56
June 18 2015 15:41 GMT
#34
On June 18 2015 23:22 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 22:41 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On June 18 2015 21:37 Musicus wrote:
Since this is the first time you can pay money and get an ingame reward for sc2, I think this is huge and should be community news. So I'm bumping this.

But this isnt first time.


Really, can you elaborate? When was this done before (apart from collector's edition or buying other blizzard games)? Certainly the first time for supporting a tournament though right?

I mean the communtiy has been begging for something like this since the compendium in Dota. Imagine if you'd get a GSL portrait for subbing to them, they could do a new one every season, or if they boost the BlizzCon prize money with something like this. The implications are huge. I don't think we'll get skins any time soon, but it's a great first step.

Blizzcon. virtual tickets and so on. There must be at least 5 blizzcon related portraits

Btw, they are the best looking portraits in the whole game.

And I have none
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
June 18 2015 15:52 GMT
#35
On June 19 2015 00:41 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 23:22 Musicus wrote:
On June 18 2015 22:41 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
On June 18 2015 21:37 Musicus wrote:
Since this is the first time you can pay money and get an ingame reward for sc2, I think this is huge and should be community news. So I'm bumping this.

But this isnt first time.


Really, can you elaborate? When was this done before (apart from collector's edition or buying other blizzard games)? Certainly the first time for supporting a tournament though right?

I mean the communtiy has been begging for something like this since the compendium in Dota. Imagine if you'd get a GSL portrait for subbing to them, they could do a new one every season, or if they boost the BlizzCon prize money with something like this. The implications are huge. I don't think we'll get skins any time soon, but it's a great first step.

Blizzcon. virtual tickets and so on. There must be at least 5 blizzcon related portraits

Btw, they are the best looking portraits in the whole game.

And I have none

Yeah but those are all Blizzard events, while this is like, completely separate from Blizzard. In fact, it's a pretty small scale thing, so having Blizzard give a completely custom portrait specifically for backing the KS is quite surprising.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
June 18 2015 16:15 GMT
#36
On June 19 2015 00:03 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 23:51 caznitch wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:46 Musicus wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:44 caznitch wrote:
Does anyone know how to gift the portrait to someone else? I don't play sc2 so would like to give the thing to whoever wants it here. Can't figure it out in Kickstarter.


Hm they will send you a code you can redeem to your email, so you could just give the code to your friend I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/3a6wsd/basetradetv_live_event_kickstarter_now_offering/


Well I pledged and it said I'll be charged on June 28. If it is easily transferred via email I'll send it to whoever wants it when I get it.


I might take you up on that offer if it works, since like most Germans I don't have a credit card and can't pledge. I could send you 5 bucks via paypal .


How come that "most Germand don't have credit cards"? How do you, you know ... pay for things? Don't you have at least the normal European debit cards, that naive americans usually accept as credit cards without a doubt? (And kickstarter explicitely accepts VISA and MC debit cards as well.)
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
PinoKotsBeer
Profile Joined February 2014
Netherlands1387 Posts
June 18 2015 16:44 GMT
#37
Great to see that the event got so well funded! and the extra effort from Blizzard. Go Basetrade!!
http://www.twitch.tv/pinokotsbeer
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 16:50:37
June 18 2015 16:46 GMT
#38
On June 19 2015 01:15 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 00:03 Musicus wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:51 caznitch wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:46 Musicus wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:44 caznitch wrote:
Does anyone know how to gift the portrait to someone else? I don't play sc2 so would like to give the thing to whoever wants it here. Can't figure it out in Kickstarter.


Hm they will send you a code you can redeem to your email, so you could just give the code to your friend I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/3a6wsd/basetradetv_live_event_kickstarter_now_offering/


Well I pledged and it said I'll be charged on June 28. If it is easily transferred via email I'll send it to whoever wants it when I get it.


I might take you up on that offer if it works, since like most Germans I don't have a credit card and can't pledge. I could send you 5 bucks via paypal .


How come that "most Germand don't have credit cards"? How do you, you know ... pay for things? Don't you have at least the normal European debit cards, that naive americans usually accept as credit cards without a doubt? (And kickstarter explicitely accepts VISA and MC debit cards as well.)


Yeah we use EC-Cards/Giro-Cards if we don't want to pay cash if that's what you mean by European debit cards. Also a direct debiting system for online shopping at Amazon for example and of course Paypal. Credit Cards are slowly spreading in Germany, but I think most people don't like to pay for a service that's not really needed and don't see why there has to be another company between the seller and your bank.

You also just don't need them unless you travel alot since you have your EC-Card/Giro-Card and "direct debiting" ("Lastschriftverfahren" in German) or Paypal for online banking.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
June 18 2015 16:48 GMT
#39
On June 19 2015 01:15 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 00:03 Musicus wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:51 caznitch wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:46 Musicus wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:44 caznitch wrote:
Does anyone know how to gift the portrait to someone else? I don't play sc2 so would like to give the thing to whoever wants it here. Can't figure it out in Kickstarter.


Hm they will send you a code you can redeem to your email, so you could just give the code to your friend I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/3a6wsd/basetradetv_live_event_kickstarter_now_offering/


Well I pledged and it said I'll be charged on June 28. If it is easily transferred via email I'll send it to whoever wants it when I get it.


I might take you up on that offer if it works, since like most Germans I don't have a credit card and can't pledge. I could send you 5 bucks via paypal .


How come that "most Germand don't have credit cards"? How do you, you know ... pay for things? Don't you have at least the normal European debit cards, that naive americans usually accept as credit cards without a doubt? (And kickstarter explicitely accepts VISA and MC debit cards as well.)

They have their pockets full of 50 or 100€ bills d:
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
June 18 2015 18:01 GMT
#40
On June 19 2015 01:48 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 01:15 opisska wrote:
On June 19 2015 00:03 Musicus wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:51 caznitch wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:46 Musicus wrote:
On June 18 2015 23:44 caznitch wrote:
Does anyone know how to gift the portrait to someone else? I don't play sc2 so would like to give the thing to whoever wants it here. Can't figure it out in Kickstarter.


Hm they will send you a code you can redeem to your email, so you could just give the code to your friend I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/3a6wsd/basetradetv_live_event_kickstarter_now_offering/


Well I pledged and it said I'll be charged on June 28. If it is easily transferred via email I'll send it to whoever wants it when I get it.


I might take you up on that offer if it works, since like most Germans I don't have a credit card and can't pledge. I could send you 5 bucks via paypal .


How come that "most Germand don't have credit cards"? How do you, you know ... pay for things? Don't you have at least the normal European debit cards, that naive americans usually accept as credit cards without a doubt? (And kickstarter explicitely accepts VISA and MC debit cards as well.)

They have their pockets full of 50 or 100€ bills d:


Not long ago I have seen a 500€ bill. Wow, that's a lot of punch in a single piece of paper!
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
Codebar 29
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1323
Mini 957
Soma 637
actioN 452
Rush 446
Light 355
Horang2 347
Larva 311
BeSt 282
hero 272
[ Show more ]
Stork 264
Snow 261
ggaemo 224
Barracks 132
firebathero 124
Killer 117
Zeus 103
Aegong 80
Mong 65
Shine 65
JYJ 63
Dewaltoss 59
Sexy 40
Sharp 37
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 34
soO 33
Bale 24
Rock 17
zelot 16
sorry 15
Sacsri 14
Terrorterran 13
Icarus 8
Trap 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8364
qojqva1630
Dendi697
420jenkins131
Counter-Strike
Fnx 732
x6flipin120
kRYSTAL_106
edward29
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4842
Khaldor572
Other Games
gofns51150
singsing1659
B2W.Neo1002
byalli504
Lowko381
DeMusliM220
Mlord197
Liquid`VortiX166
KnowMe154
Livibee151
ArmadaUGS123
Chillindude20
amsayoshi19
Trikslyr18
Railgan17
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV253
BasetradeTV202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream174
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• mYiSmile118
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 23
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV372
League of Legends
• Nemesis2347
• Jankos1806
• TFBlade728
Other Games
• Shiphtur15
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 3m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 3m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.