• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:54
CEST 04:54
KST 11:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9665 users

Interview with Elazer on WCS

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
JayPower
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands171 Posts
May 29 2015 14:32 GMT
#1
The following is a transcript of an audio interview I did with Elazer. Video can be found here: + Show Spoiler +


[image loading]

Can you please introduce yourself to the audience?

I'm Mikolaj Ogonowski, player from Poland. I'm playing zerg for team Extreme Supremacy.

Congratz on premier. You got picked by ShoWTimE who got 2nd seed. Did youe xpect this and would you have preferred to play someone else instead?

I knew ShoWTimE was going to pick me because SouL told me that. How he knew it, I don't know. So I was already preparing for him. But I was expecting some of the top players to pick me because I wasn't known at all.

You won 3-1 in a very close series. I want to talk about game 2 in which you held the cannon rush but lost drones. Did you feel you were ahead after the cannon rush?

It was very close. I knew he was going to cannon rush me but I knew this style of cannon rush on this map so I was training to hold this with hatch first. So I knew I can hold this if I can block the 2nd entrance to my natural with a drone, but I couldn't. He somehow sneaked the probe so I thought I was going to lose the game but somehow after I destroyed all the cannons I only lost like 6 drones I think. I knew I was ahead. He spend I think 1600 minerals on the cannons.

On Iron fortess you cannot cannon rush I think. So I was just going 3 hatch before pool every game on that map. So after I saw the cannon rush I knew I would win the game.
It was a bad decision by ShoWTimE.

You're known for playing in a lot of online cups. Will you continue to or will you focus more on WCS?

I will play the online cups, but not as much as before for sure. Like, maybe only go4sc2 or something like that. Because before I was playing every online cup. Now I'm just practicing for WCS, not showing my strategies. So maybe after the premier league this season I will start playing again.

Were there any players from the european region that you thought stood out in season 1 of WCS?

I think ShoWTimE. But I wasn't that interested in premier league this season. I prefer to watch koreans. I only watch the WCS non-koreans when my friends play. Maybe Snute, I

watch the TeamLiquid players a lot because I they are showing they are very high level, maybe I can learn something.

Who do you think is the best player in Europe right now?

Snute. Normally you can think maybe Bunny, maybe Snute but after you played versus Snute you can really feel that he's just better.

In season 1 only viOLet got knocked out by non-koreans. Polt and Hydra made the finals while ForGG got knocked out by Polt. Do you think non-koreans will knock out more koreans this season, if so, which players do you think have a good chance?

Yea I think so. Maybe not all of them but Hydra is for sure beatable, ForGG is only playing mech so you can somehow just allin him. Polt isn't very solid. Like, he's solid but sometimes he plays strange timings. So if you get lucky, you can always beat these guys.

Do you think a non-korean will win a WCS season this year?

I think so yea, it's possible. Obviously Snute or Bunny, they have some chance. Maybe MaNa has potential.

In game 4 you played a similair roach ling attack to game 1 but this time did a lot more damage. What do you think went different in those 2 games?

They were totally different, In the first game I was totally stressed out. In the first timing that I played, I attacked him with I think with 10 roaches or something. I was totally suprised because he had no army to defend. So I just started spamming lings and thought I would win but I just didn't do anything. So after that I had like 1000 minerals in bank, like 500 gas. So I thought I already lost the game but I still played a longer game like 20 or 30 minutes I think. So I was really happy with the first game that it went like that. And I knew I had a really high chance to win after the first game.

And in the 4th game he failed the cannon rush. He spend 3 pylons and cannons, it's 450 minerals plus probe. And I went 3 hatch before pool anway so I was really far ahead. And the spawning locations were close so I could walk to him base with my queens so his startport and voidrays were useless, so I could just destroy the 3rd no problem. Because only voidrays can hold this push. And yea he couldn't use them.

I was suprised because I thought the games would be really really hard but I was spamming roaches and a-moving almost every game. So I was just really suprised. Very happy and suprised I think.

You are in the ro32 group of Polt, MajOr and TLO. Fortunately you have to play in germany. How do you feel about your group and what are your expectations for this season?

I think this group is not the toughest one, like I think it's in the middle so it's doable. I think I can beat MajOr and TLO, I'm almost sure I can beat them. With Polt maybe, like I said if I get lucky. If I won't get totally stressed out, maybe I have a chance with Polt, but we'll see.

Do you want to give any shoutouts?

Not really, maybe to my team, team Extreme Supremacy. to Harstem for practicing with me. I think without Harstem I wouldn't win for sure.

Elazer's twitter: https://twitter.com/Elazersc2

The interview was conducted on the 8th of May.

Interview done by JayPower https://twitter.com/JayPowerSC2
Jaypowersc2.com for Guides, Videos, Replays and Coaching
TheNewEra
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany3128 Posts
May 29 2015 14:57 GMT
#2
Thanks for the interview :-) Always nice to read something about the lesser known players
Midas <3 Casy <3 BeSt <3 | Pray to Doh-men, heathens! | Zwischen Harz und Heideland
Kimb3r
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany744 Posts
May 29 2015 15:03 GMT
#3
Hmm.. Snute showed that he definitely isn't the best European!
Maru | Dark | Zest | Reynor | Scarlett
SuperHofmann
Profile Joined September 2013
Italy1741 Posts
May 29 2015 15:05 GMT
#4
Good luck to Elazer and TES. And thanks to Elazer for bring a bit of Italy at WCS
Vasacast always in my <3
JayPower
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands171 Posts
May 29 2015 15:45 GMT
#5
On May 30 2015 00:03 Kimb3r wrote:
Hmm.. Snute showed that he definitely isn't the best European!


True, this interview was done 3 weeks ago though so maybe Elazer's opinion has changed as well.
Jaypowersc2.com for Guides, Videos, Replays and Coaching
joshie0808
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1024 Posts
May 29 2015 16:11 GMT
#6
Thanks for the interview! Hope he does well today
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
May 29 2015 18:46 GMT
#7
GL to him, I hope he goes far! Always nice to see new faces :D
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
stardog
Profile Joined August 2011
556 Posts
May 29 2015 20:25 GMT
#8
He seems to have a good mindset, I like the way he speaks of Koreans - spotting weaknesses, looking for his chances.
neteX
Profile Joined April 2015
Sweden285 Posts
May 29 2015 23:14 GMT
#9
Nice interview
http://www.twitter.com/neteXLoL flw pls
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings116
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 223
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10576
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1144
NeuroSwarm198
febbydoto17
League of Legends
Doublelift5452
JimRising 712
Counter-Strike
taco 248
minikerr47
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King262
hungrybox119
Other Games
summit1g9411
Maynarde241
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick468
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 209
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo726
• Rush264
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 6m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.