• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:12
CEST 02:12
KST 09:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)63Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9800 users

S2SL Season 2 Info - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
116 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 25 2015 21:10 GMT
#81
On March 26 2015 06:00 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 05:43 Darkhorse wrote:
I actually like the seeds for the top PL players. I only wish there could be PL seeds AND I could make fun of Zest for losing in the qualifier

But zest doesn't even have a good pl record

He had the most wins in round 1 along with INnoVation, and the raw amount of wins is what they go by.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
March 25 2015 22:06 GMT
#82
On March 26 2015 06:00 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 05:43 Darkhorse wrote:
I actually like the seeds for the top PL players. I only wish there could be PL seeds AND I could make fun of Zest for losing in the qualifier

But zest doesn't even have a good pl record

Yeah looks like they go by wins and not win% which is kinda silly but is much easier to use
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 25 2015 22:11 GMT
#83
I guess thats fair in a way to go by wins. It's at least consistent because I think that's how they gave out seeds for some tournament at the end of last season. Kespa cup maybe? I forget
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 25 2015 22:11 GMT
#84
On March 26 2015 07:06 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 06:00 Shellshock wrote:
On March 26 2015 05:43 Darkhorse wrote:
I actually like the seeds for the top PL players. I only wish there could be PL seeds AND I could make fun of Zest for losing in the qualifier

But zest doesn't even have a good pl record

Yeah looks like they go by wins and not win% which is kinda silly but is much easier to use

If you go by % they have 6 people with 100% winrates in round 1, 4 of which only played one game. If they wanted a different approach, they'd have to take the difference between the number of wins and losses for each player. But sorting by wins is obviously easier.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 25 2015 22:12 GMT
#85
You could have win % with a minimum games played. like play in > 50% of matches but I guess that's also unfair to people who are slotted 4th on a team like SKT that wins 3-0 a lot
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
March 25 2015 22:14 GMT
#86
Elentos you are absolutely right there are tons of people that have an inflated win rate without enough competition. However, I struggle to come to terms with Zest getting it (7-8 overall) over Byul (9-5 overall)
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 25 2015 22:21 GMT
#87
Note: If they took the actual difference between wins and losses rather than just the wins or percentages, they would have seeded INnoVation, Losira, Cure and YongHwa; if round 2 and the round 1 playoffs are ignored.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Alucen-Will-
Profile Joined October 2014
United States4054 Posts
March 25 2015 22:30 GMT
#88
On March 26 2015 07:14 Darkhorse wrote:
Elentos you are absolutely right there are tons of people that have an inflated win rate without enough competition. However, I struggle to come to terms with Zest getting it (7-8 overall) over Byul (9-5 overall)


I think this was done from the proleague round 1 results, hence the selections
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
March 25 2015 22:32 GMT
#89
On March 26 2015 07:30 Alucen-Will- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 07:14 Darkhorse wrote:
Elentos you are absolutely right there are tons of people that have an inflated win rate without enough competition. However, I struggle to come to terms with Zest getting it (7-8 overall) over Byul (9-5 overall)


I think this was done from the proleague round 1 results, hence the selections

Bleh even so. First off I would question why only round one counted and then I would ask why 6-5 is better than 5-3. Oh well.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-25 22:38:45
March 25 2015 22:37 GMT
#90
On March 26 2015 07:30 Alucen-Will- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 07:14 Darkhorse wrote:
Elentos you are absolutely right there are tons of people that have an inflated win rate without enough competition. However, I struggle to come to terms with Zest getting it (7-8 overall) over Byul (9-5 overall)


I think this was done from the proleague round 1 results, hence the selections

It has to, if they included round 2 we'd probably end up with something like INnoVation, herO, ByuL and then Losira or Dark or something (they don't count playoffs in the totals, so the statistics page on liquipedia doesn't help with that and I'm not gonna add up all the values myself <.<).

On March 26 2015 07:32 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 07:30 Alucen-Will- wrote:
On March 26 2015 07:14 Darkhorse wrote:
Elentos you are absolutely right there are tons of people that have an inflated win rate without enough competition. However, I struggle to come to terms with Zest getting it (7-8 overall) over Byul (9-5 overall)


I think this was done from the proleague round 1 results, hence the selections

Bleh even so. First off I would question why only round one counted and then I would ask why 6-5 is better than 5-3. Oh well.

Well, I reckon counting round 2 makes no sense because round 1 is over, round 2 isn't. There are still a few weeks for players to ruin/improve their round 2 record.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
March 25 2015 23:42 GMT
#91
Let's go Losiiiirrrraaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Alucen-Will-
Profile Joined October 2014
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-25 23:45:34
March 25 2015 23:42 GMT
#92
On March 26 2015 07:32 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 07:30 Alucen-Will- wrote:
On March 26 2015 07:14 Darkhorse wrote:
Elentos you are absolutely right there are tons of people that have an inflated win rate without enough competition. However, I struggle to come to terms with Zest getting it (7-8 overall) over Byul (9-5 overall)


I think this was done from the proleague round 1 results, hence the selections

Bleh even so. First off I would question why only round one counted and then I would ask why 6-5 is better than 5-3. Oh well.


I suppose I personally don't have an issue with it because I think he's better than his qualifier results.

Ironically Zest failed in qualifiers for years in individual leagues (while doing decently well in proleague) and then he qualifies for the first gsl, and wins. He then goes on to be the best player in 2014, and recently after making an individual leage (IEM Katowice) he wins. It should say something about the difficulty of qualifiers and the difference between them and televised matches

I'm glad SPOTV has introduced seeded players because it removes some of the perceived randomness in qualifiers and the disconnect between televised performance and performance at a pc bang
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
March 25 2015 23:47 GMT
#93
^^^"best player in 2014" is quite debatable. Don't mind the invite too much I guess even if he got so many wins solely because he played a shitload of games. I'm just happy Losira is in with his 5-1 record
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
March 25 2015 23:50 GMT
#94
On March 26 2015 08:47 Yorkie wrote:
^^^"best player in 2014" is quite debatable. Don't mind the invite too much I guess even if he got so many wins solely because he played a shitload of games. I'm just happy Losira is in with his 5-1 record


?

Zest had the most dominant year since Mvp's 2011. He's the best player of 2014 by far.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Alucen-Will-
Profile Joined October 2014
United States4054 Posts
March 25 2015 23:52 GMT
#95
On March 26 2015 08:47 Yorkie wrote:
^^^"best player in 2014" is quite debatable. Don't mind the invite too much I guess even if he got so many wins solely because he played a shitload of games. I'm just happy Losira is in with his 5-1 record


I think most reasonable fans considered him to be universally the best player of the year.

Gsl champion
Gsl super tournament champion
Kespa Cup Champion
Ro4 GSL S2
2nd at IEM Toronto
Ro4 GSL S3
Ro16 At wcs finals (lost to champion life 3-2
Ro4 Hot6 Cup
20-16 in proleague, KT beats SKT and wins the league.

Should be fairly clear he was the best player of the year
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-25 23:57:23
March 25 2015 23:56 GMT
#96
On March 26 2015 08:50 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 08:47 Yorkie wrote:
^^^"best player in 2014" is quite debatable. Don't mind the invite too much I guess even if he got so many wins solely because he played a shitload of games. I'm just happy Losira is in with his 5-1 record


?

Zest had the most dominant year since Mvp's 2011. He's the best player of 2014 by far.

LOL. He won a GSL and the Kespa Cup. He didn't win the most money in 2014. he didn't win the most tournaments. He's up there for sure and probably was the best player of the year overall but don't compare him to 2011 Mvp. In 2011 Mvp won 2 MLGs, WCG, Blizzcon, and 3 GSLs. Not to mention smaller tourneys and team leagues.
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
March 26 2015 00:11 GMT
#97
Is this going to be live streamed? I hope TANGTANG qualifies then knocks out Zest again. Then he goes on to beat Zest in proleague. I'm hoping this becomes a rivalry. Also I like typing and saying TANGTANG.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
SNSeigifried
Profile Joined April 2013
United States1640 Posts
March 26 2015 00:24 GMT
#98
These qualifers are tonight right???
Icebound Esports
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
March 26 2015 00:36 GMT
#99
On March 26 2015 08:42 Alucen-Will- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 07:32 Darkhorse wrote:
On March 26 2015 07:30 Alucen-Will- wrote:
On March 26 2015 07:14 Darkhorse wrote:
Elentos you are absolutely right there are tons of people that have an inflated win rate without enough competition. However, I struggle to come to terms with Zest getting it (7-8 overall) over Byul (9-5 overall)


I think this was done from the proleague round 1 results, hence the selections

Bleh even so. First off I would question why only round one counted and then I would ask why 6-5 is better than 5-3. Oh well.


I suppose I personally don't have an issue with it because I think he's better than his qualifier results.

Ironically Zest failed in qualifiers for years in individual leagues (while doing decently well in proleague) and then he qualifies for the first gsl, and wins. He then goes on to be the best player in 2014, and recently after making an individual leage (IEM Katowice) he wins. It should say something about the difficulty of qualifiers and the difference between them and televised matches

I'm glad SPOTV has introduced seeded players because it removes some of the perceived randomness in qualifiers and the disconnect between televised performance and performance at a pc bang

What the what?

Ok first you say you think it's ok because his losses in the qualifiers aren't legit. So people who we think are good who fail in qualifiers we should just seed in. GIVE SOO

I don't get your second point "It should say something about the difficulty of qualifiers and the difference between them and televised matches". Are you saying qualifiers are harder or easier? Either way, they're something all players have to get through sooooooo what Zest shouldn't because reasons? Also your point about IEM doesn't do much for me.

Your third point leads me to believe that you think Zest is a bonjwa in the booth and he only loses in qualifiers because playing not on a stage is random. Huh. Guess that's why he is sub 50% in SPL and lost Hot6ix, Blizzcon, etc

Anyway I think Zest is very good and deserving of an invite. I don't agree that they arbitrarily decided to cut it off at round one and just go by wins not having a winning record but hey what do I know.

Also Zest was the best player of 2014 imo
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Deleted User 291523
Profile Joined December 2012
112 Posts
March 26 2015 00:56 GMT
#100
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft428
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft428
Nina 87
ViBE84
SpeCial 82
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 155
Noble 77
Hyuk 58
NaDa 50
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
Doublelift3742
Counter-Strike
minikerr20
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox537
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4542
Khaldor578
Other Games
summit1g7754
FrodaN1731
Coldzera 808
shahzam535
JimRising 451
C9.Mang0310
KnowMe181
ArmadaUGS72
Mew2King50
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH331
• Hupsaiya 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21570
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 48m
Online Event
10h 48m
FEL
15h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.