• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:52
CEST 07:52
KST 14:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12048 users

[Interview] GSL 2015 S1 Champion

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
spritzz
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada331 Posts
March 23 2015 07:01 GMT
#1
Life:
[image loading]

Q: Your reflection on winning the GSL once again.
A: I knew I could win, but didn't think it would be this difficult. PartinG-hyung is really amazing. I feel really blessed to win.

Q: Today's victory marks your tenth championship.
A: I will do better from now on. I will continue to win, and aim to claim twenty championships.

Q: You are the first to claim a championship in both Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm. Including BlizzCup, you've won three GSLs.
A: I haven't been practising hard enough, but have been doing well. I am confident in myself, and that helped my continued victories.

Q: Did you expect the proxy gate in the first game?
A: I usually don't scout that corner, but I thought I'd try it today. I didn't scout for proxy gate during practice either; this is the first time. And I was able to find that proxy gate.

Q: You were really hurting from the cannon rush in the second game.
A: I completely didn't expect it, but my ability to react is strong. My judgement seemed pretty good. I knew I won when I destroyed his Cyber Core.

Q: You two played to the seventh game, but never once did you use corruptors. Was that on purpose?
A: Yes, that was my tactical decision for today's match. Protoss gets stronger as the game goes on, so I optimized to end in the mid-game.

Q: You decisively 9-pooled in the last game.
A: I wanted to believe in fate. If it's mine then it will be mine. I just wanted to try it.

Q: This is your first championship victory after transferring, do you feel any difference compare to before?
A: I never prepared for matches before and always relied on instinct. But I had very solid preparations after coming to KT, so I was able to perform better.

Q: What do you think you need to do to be called the strongest?
A: I think I would need to claim three championships in domestic tournaments this year.

Q: The 97' generation has been performing well recently, are there any special reasons for that?
A: I have no idea. I never cared about how others are performing. I only focus on myself.

Q: What do you plan to do with the prize money?
A: I want to travel. I've been heads-down in gaming, and it's about time to go out for some fresh air.

Q: Anything you want to say in the end?
A: Zest-hyung, Stats-hyung, and First-hyung took helping me practice very seriously. I will treat them to very nice food after I get back to the dorm. I am also grateful for my parents who have travelled really far to see my games. Thank you to the coaching team and agency for preparing everything for me. There are so many to thank. (laugh). Lastly, I want to thank Blizzard for creating Starcraft II.

Source: s.163.com
zugzug
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
March 23 2015 07:40 GMT
#2
Kt on the rise once more
can i get my estro logo back pls
LastManProductions
Profile Joined September 2013
United States252 Posts
March 23 2015 08:36 GMT
#3

Q: You decisively 9-pooled in the last game.
A: I wanted to believe in fate. If it's mine then it will be mine. I just wanted to try it.


Such a good answer. Life so good.
Graphicshttp://mattlast.wix.com/lastmanproduction
rice_devOurer
Profile Joined July 2012
United States773 Posts
March 23 2015 08:37 GMT
#4
life is getting heavier oO
IN SOVIET RUSSIA ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\ Table Flips you
flipstar
Profile Joined January 2011
226 Posts
March 23 2015 08:40 GMT
#5
What a boss. So damned talented, and buffed by KT prep.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
March 23 2015 09:36 GMT
#6
Is this the first time someone thanking blizzard for sc2 in interview?
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
March 23 2015 09:54 GMT
#7
yep zergs have to hit timings or lose
#1 Terran hater
grogburg
Profile Blog Joined December 2014
United States329 Posts
March 23 2015 09:59 GMT
#8
"Fate loves the fearless"
<3 BaseTradeTV <3
dala
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden477 Posts
March 23 2015 10:04 GMT
#9
Life:
A: I never prepared for matches before and always relied on instinct. But I had very solid preparations after coming to KT, so I was able to perform better.


Lol! Even without preparations, he did very well. With him moving to KT there is no limit to the potential of his success.
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
March 23 2015 10:48 GMT
#10
Glorious!
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
KtJ
Profile Joined October 2014
United States3514 Posts
March 23 2015 21:04 GMT
#11
Lifu is a god.
"I thought I destroyed my CC but it seemed like the only thing I destroyed was Idra's mentality."
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-23 21:09:28
March 23 2015 21:09 GMT
#12

Q: You decisively 9-pooled in the last game.
A: I wanted to believe in fate. If it's mine then it will be mine. I just wanted to try it.

This is the most based thing I have ever read.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
90ti
Profile Joined August 2010
United States100 Posts
March 23 2015 21:45 GMT
#13
On March 23 2015 17:37 rice_devOurer wrote:
life is getting heavier oO


exceed MC in prize money may unfortunately result in also exceeding his weight?

rise in weight proportional to winnings?

Didn't parting do the same after joining Yoe and winning homestory?
hansonslee
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States2027 Posts
March 23 2015 21:49 GMT
#14
Bye, bye, TaeJa. You will no longer be the one with the most premiere tournament wins! ^^
Seed's # 1 fan!!! #ForVengeance
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
March 23 2015 22:40 GMT
#15
Q: You two played to the seventh game, but never once did you use corruptors. Was that on purpose?
A: Yes, that was my tactical decision for today's match. Protoss gets stronger as the game goes on, so I optimized to end in the mid-game.

dont build corruptors and you will be gsl champ
TL+ Member
sOvrn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States678 Posts
March 23 2015 22:44 GMT
#16
On March 23 2015 16:01 spritzz wrote:
Life:
[image loading]

Q: You decisively 9-pooled in the last game.
A: I wanted to believe in fate. If it's mine then it will be mine. I just wanted to try it.


Life is so boss. I want to believe!!!!
My favorites: Terran - Maru // Protoss - SoS // Zerg - soO ~~~ fighting!
Ja.Y.
Profile Joined February 2015
United States253 Posts
March 28 2015 03:31 GMT
#17
A: I have no idea. I never cared about how others are performing. I only focus on myself.


Translation: I'm better than everyone, whether they're younger, same age, or older than me. I will rek everyone.........except MMA. MMA will get his revenge
MMA will reign supreme once again // MaSa is gawd
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
March 28 2015 03:36 GMT
#18
The SC2 gods shine on Life. So much up to fate. o.O Tastosis was right when they say Life uses a ouija board to decide what to do.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
March 28 2015 03:49 GMT
#19
On March 24 2015 06:09 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +

Q: You decisively 9-pooled in the last game.
A: I wanted to believe in fate. If it's mine then it will be mine. I just wanted to try it.

This is the most based thing I have ever read.


Yeah, I love this. :D

Such a boss.
FASSW
Profile Joined May 2013
Sweden49 Posts
March 28 2015 03:52 GMT
#20
Nice interviews! ty!
http://www.twitch.tv/FASSW @FASSWLOL< twitter Challenger LoL player and Global elite on CSGO with 2k++ hours
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings102
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 175
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 432
hero 380
BeSt 255
Mind 33
Terrorterran 25
Bale 22
Noble 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1099
League of Legends
JimRising 672
Counter-Strike
taco 379
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King142
Other Games
summit1g9241
Maynarde175
ArmadaUGS46
Livibee20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick504
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• practicex 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Rush1428
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 8m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.