• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:43
CEST 13:43
KST 20:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9794 users

WCS Global Finals hosts, casters, experts, and obs - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
251 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
SC2Towelie
Profile Joined July 2014
United States561 Posts
October 23 2014 17:49 GMT
#21
On October 24 2014 02:45 Kosak wrote:
the lack of incontrol makes me wonder if blizzard even thinks about their moves because lately it seems like they are just absolutely hopeless in terms of decision making


I guess maybe since it's the WCS finals, they want to get as many casters from the different WCS regions as possible? And Incontrol basically just casts Dreamhack. Not saying I agree with the decision, but just trying to see it from their point of view.
Don't forget to bring a towel! (Towelie.635)
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 23 2014 17:50 GMT
#22
Poor incontrol. Maybe he should have casted WCS, although I guess maybe he couldn't
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
October 23 2014 17:51 GMT
#23
There's a lot of people who are invited here that also had little to nothing to do with WCS this year.
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
KatatoniK
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United Kingdom978 Posts
October 23 2014 17:51 GMT
#24
This is a pretty good line-up. I'd have preferred iNcontroL over ToD. Some of ToD's pronunciations kinda irritate me at times plus I love Geoff's banter.

Hope to see a Plott cast at some point, I love it when the Plott brothers cast together.
Flying on the Jin Air hype plane. Lets go Maru, Rogue, sOs and the handsome CJ herO
Symbioth
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland103 Posts
October 23 2014 17:54 GMT
#25
I've heard Incontrol isn't going because some ppl at blizz don't like him. Really sad, I think his contributions to the show are invaluable, will really miss him there.
SC2Towelie
Profile Joined July 2014
United States561 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 17:55:08
October 23 2014 17:54 GMT
#26
On October 24 2014 02:51 Yorkie wrote:
There's a lot of people who are invited here that also had little to nothing to do with WCS this year.


Such as?... The only one I see is Day9, and I'm completely okay with them inviting him. He has been one of the most involved people in the SC2 scene since the very beginning. Even with all the time he devotes to making his own game at the moment, he still regularly does his daily and also casts Redbull. The guy is amazing.

Also, I'm counting GSL as WCS because it's basically WCS KR even though technically it's not anymore...
Don't forget to bring a towel! (Towelie.635)
astray71
Profile Joined February 2012
United States325 Posts
October 23 2014 17:57 GMT
#27
Yay for Apollo and Artosis!
There is no victory without the blessing of god, and there is no god but Madlife.
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
October 23 2014 17:57 GMT
#28
On October 24 2014 02:54 SC2Towelie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2014 02:51 Yorkie wrote:
There's a lot of people who are invited here that also had little to nothing to do with WCS this year.


Such as?... The only one I see is Day9, and I'm completely okay with them inviting him. He has been one of the most involved people in the SC2 scene since the very beginning. Even with all the time he devotes to making his own game at the moment, he still regularly does his daily and also casts Redbull. The guy is amazing.

I love Day[9] too and I'm super glad he got an invite. Moonglade and Smix came to mind. Moonglade was perpetually a sub for WCS and casted some Code A, but then again so did Madals. Should he be invited? Also Smix does what Incontrol does: Dreamhack. I am completely happy with everyone who was invited. I think they're all fantastic. I'm just saying that Incontrol isn't there because you can't invite everybody, not just because he didn't cast WCS.
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Jerom
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands588 Posts
October 23 2014 17:58 GMT
#29
Really love the line up.

I'd agree that in terms of involvement, Incontrol maybe should've been casting aswell, but I can see where blizzard is coming from by not inviting him. I mean, out of all of them, he might be the least professional caster of them. I think he really shines when tournements get closer to the homestorycup type of tournements, and blizzcon is, in my opinion the exact opposite of that. Though I must admit I'm sad aswell that Incontrol won't be there.
SC2Towelie
Profile Joined July 2014
United States561 Posts
October 23 2014 18:00 GMT
#30
On October 24 2014 02:58 Jerom wrote:
Really love the line up.

I'd agree that in terms of involvement, Incontrol maybe should've been casting aswell, but I can see where blizzard is coming from by not inviting him. I mean, out of all of them, he might be the least professional caster of them. I think he really shines when tournements get closer to the homestorycup type of tournements, and blizzcon is, in my opinion the exact opposite of that. Though I must admit I'm sad aswell that Incontrol won't be there.


Hmm... I agree that Incontrol really fits the HSC type of environment, but he can definitely be professional when he needs to.
Don't forget to bring a towel! (Towelie.635)
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
October 23 2014 18:01 GMT
#31
On October 24 2014 02:57 Yorkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2014 02:54 SC2Towelie wrote:
On October 24 2014 02:51 Yorkie wrote:
There's a lot of people who are invited here that also had little to nothing to do with WCS this year.


Such as?... The only one I see is Day9, and I'm completely okay with them inviting him. He has been one of the most involved people in the SC2 scene since the very beginning. Even with all the time he devotes to making his own game at the moment, he still regularly does his daily and also casts Redbull. The guy is amazing.

I love Day[9] too and I'm super glad he got an invite. Moonglade and Smix came to mind. Moonglade was perpetually a sub for WCS and casted some Code A, but then again so did Madals. Should he be invited? Also Smix does what Incontrol does: Dreamhack. I am completely happy with everyone who was invited. I think they're all fantastic. I'm just saying that Incontrol isn't there because you can't invite everybody, not just because he didn't cast WCS.


I don't think iNcontrol's Korean is on par with Smix Korean though . And Moonglade is needed for zerg analysis. So I think it basically comes down to iNcontrol or ToD and ToD is just more involved with WCS.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
PepsiMaxxxx
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden5452 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 18:04:24
October 23 2014 18:02 GMT
#32
It's the same people that's been doing WCS events (except korean production). Nothing shocking here.

Would have loved korean production like we saw in IPL that one time...

Edit, I'm glad they didn't forget Kaelaris this time, was really weird last time.
Stafngrimr
Profile Joined July 2012
United Kingdom22 Posts
October 23 2014 18:09 GMT
#33
This is a great lineup. There are so many good casters now spread over the regions. InControl not being part of the list is sad to see but there are so many people on there already... too much even maybe?

Also, don't really understand why it's assumed that Kaelaris took Geoffs place? What about Moonglade?

No complaints though. Great lineup
Liliputin
Profile Joined January 2012
Czech Republic458 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-23 18:20:20
October 23 2014 18:10 GMT
#34
Poor Geoff... And I want to see Clutch, just because how big of a badass he is! ^^

EDIT: I do not want to be mean or anything, but Moonglade does not deserve to go to Blizzcon more than iNcontroL... He is a good caster, but common...
Prime <3 l black from exile l F O R S E N B O Y S
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 18:12 GMT
#35
Yay Kaelaris is going :D happy for him
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Symbioth
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland103 Posts
October 23 2014 18:16 GMT
#36
On October 24 2014 02:58 Jerom wrote:
Really love the line up.

I'd agree that in terms of involvement, Incontrol maybe should've been casting aswell, but I can see where blizzard is coming from by not inviting him. I mean, out of all of them, he might be the least professional caster of them. I think he really shines when tournements get closer to the homestorycup type of tournements, and blizzcon is, in my opinion the exact opposite of that. Though I must admit I'm sad aswell that Incontrol won't be there.


No idea where you got that evaluation from. There is a difference between adding some humor here and there (and it's always a really good piece of humor) and being unprofessional. Incontrol doesn't have anything to do with being unprofessional imo.
way2mash4u
Profile Joined January 2013
Germany183 Posts
October 23 2014 18:18 GMT
#37
No Geoff, no love.
Dav1oN
Profile Joined January 2012
Ukraine3164 Posts
October 23 2014 18:19 GMT
#38
Why no Incontrol? This guy always makes me smile :D Kinda sad that everything gonna "fly" without him.
In memory of Geoff "iNcontroL" Robinson 11.09.1985 - 21.07.2019 A tribute to incredible man, embodiment of joy, esports titan, starcraft community pillar all in one. You will always be remembered!
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 23 2014 18:22 GMT
#39
On October 24 2014 03:16 Symbioth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2014 02:58 Jerom wrote:
Really love the line up.

I'd agree that in terms of involvement, Incontrol maybe should've been casting aswell, but I can see where blizzard is coming from by not inviting him. I mean, out of all of them, he might be the least professional caster of them. I think he really shines when tournements get closer to the homestorycup type of tournements, and blizzcon is, in my opinion the exact opposite of that. Though I must admit I'm sad aswell that Incontrol won't be there.


No idea where you got that evaluation from. There is a difference between adding some humor here and there (and it's always a really good piece of humor) and being unprofessional. Incontrol doesn't have anything to do with being unprofessional imo.

I don't think he's talking about being unprofessional, he's just saying that InControl shines by his humor, and that humor being subjective, maybe Blizzard prefers casters that rely less on humor and more on "serious" casting for BlizzCon.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
October 23 2014 18:22 GMT
#40
On October 24 2014 03:10 Liliputin wrote:
Poor Geoff... And I want to see Clutch, just because how big of a badass he is! ^^

EDIT: I do not want to be mean or anything, but Moonglade does not deserve to go to Blizzcon more than iNcontroL... He is a good caster, but common...


You need a zerg player though, so if anything it was between ToD and iNcontrol. And ToD has been doing WCS stuff all year long.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1000
WardiTV379
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 13142
StarCastTV_EN401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko368
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 16922
Bisu 4661
Jaedong 4080
EffOrt 1275
BeSt 928
ZerO 562
Horang2 436
Pusan 304
actioN 288
Zeus 237
[ Show more ]
Larva 197
Mind 136
Hyun 125
Yoon 122
Barracks 107
ggaemo 74
Killer 54
Sharp 42
Shinee 39
scan(afreeca) 38
Bale 36
ToSsGirL 35
NotJumperer 31
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 20
Snow 15
Terrorterran 13
zelot 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 10
Dota 2
Dendi937
League of Legends
JimRising 289
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1182
byalli669
markeloff66
Other Games
crisheroes249
Pyrionflax188
DeMusliM155
dupreeh108
Mew2King69
QueenE26
B2W.Neo18
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream49
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV618
League of Legends
• Jankos1265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 17m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.